PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 142.
#4701 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Def not for our benefit
The 240 are sold out and in distributors hands. The 120 in Europe and Canada need some kind of rebate program that passes through to the end user. Doesn't matter what version it is. Those guys are getting pummeled

Same here - AUD$14.5k for the LE. Definitely no profiteering left here.

You guys are just approaching the psychological $10k price point. I'm guessing sales will hold up ok to that point. We've well and truly jumped it. Now it's all stupid money - $12k, $14k it's all ridiculous and I as I type it, I can't believe I'm even considering buying one.

#4702 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You guys are just approaching the psychological $10k price point. I'm guessing sales will hold up ok to that point. We've well and truly jumped it. Now it's all stupid money - $12k, $14k it's all ridiculous and I as I type it, I can't believe I'm even considering buying one.

We pay $17k for the LE in NZ.

#4703 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

We pay $17k for the LE in NZ.

$17,000 Damn are there one or two in the whole country? Ouch.

#4704 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

$17,000 Damn are there one or two in the whole country? Ouch.

I got the last one so there will be 3.

#4705 7 years ago

BM66 theme kinda sucks nuts IMO

Feels like most buyers only think its cool because they're either old AF and/or the game is limited with a high price.

Its sorta a low run rehash game. Maybe Stern knows almost no one gives a shit about BM66 outside of this forum so its been made out to be some penis enhancing low run super expensive braggart game?

Suckers

Then again I'm bipolar on this title. One minute I think its aight, the next minute I feel stupid for even looking at it.

I feel better now, whew.

#4706 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

BM66 theme kinda sucks nuts IMO

Wrong.

#4707 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Move to America where the beer flows like wine and beautiful women flock like the salmon of the Capistrano.

#4708 7 years ago

Dogh. I forgot to put "with all due respect" in front of my post

Answer me this tho Rob. If it's such a great theme why such a low run? Great themes & great games sell right? Stern likes money right? They're not in it for us.

Stern said from the get go they weren't making many of even the premiums.

Fake demand for a low demand game.

High prices to make it seem like an affluent artifact for only the most elite pinball collector.

High prices to offset the cost of a low number of units being sold.

I dont think the Kapow partnership is why its expensive either. I think whatever extra price was paid for their shit was washed out by the cash savings of rehashing a game & using pre-made animations from another project.

Either I'm paranoid or I'm the only fucker here with a brain lol

#4709 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dogh. I forgot to put "with all due respect" in front of my post
Answer me this tho Rob. If it's such a great theme why such a low run? Great themes & great games sell right? Stern likes money right? They're not in it for us.
Fake demand for a low demand game.
High prices to make it seem like an affluent artifact for only the most elite pinball collector.
High prices to offset the cost of a low number of units being sold.
I dont think the Kapow partnership is why its expensive either. I think whatever extra price was paid for their shit was washed out by the cash savings of rehashing a game & using pre-made animations from another project.
Either I'm paranoid or I'm the only fucker here with a brain lol

Hey, that was just a lazy post on my part, as I didn't specify what I thought you were wrong about. Obviously it's all personal opinion based on various factors including being, as you put it, "old AF"

But for me personally, hearing that Batman theme music, and seeing those characters on the LCD screen had a far larger impact on me from a pure nostalgia standpoint than pretty much any pinball theme released since I've been in the hobby. It immediately took me back to when I was a kid, and my younger brother and I would watch BM when we'd get home from school (they were already re-runs by then...so I'm not quite as old AF as you might think).

Yes, nostalgia can be a powerful thing, and despite my earlier criticism of the overly colorful artwork, I am more excited about this theme and this pin than anything else currently being released, including Alien (even though I think Alien is the better overall theme for a pin).

My reaction to this pin has changed a lot over the last few days. In other words, I too feel like I've been "bi-polar" on this title.

#4710 7 years ago

I'm buying BM 66 over Dialed In.

#4711 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Who said that? Im pretty sure at expo George said they would make as many premiums as dictated by demand.

#4712 7 years ago

Age...

I was a young man my whole life. When did that change? Lol dont answer!

I hear ya Rob. I just think BM66 is some top secret CIA & Stern partnership. There's prolly an image on the LCD that "activates" a certain cell of buyers.

BM66 SLE owners are the got dayum Jason Bournes of pinside

#4713 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Age...
I was a young man my whole life. When did that change? Lol dont answer!
I hear ya Rob. I just think BM66 is some top secret CIA & Stern partnership. There's prolly an image on the LCD that "activates" a certain cell of buyers.
BM66 SLE owners are the got dayum Jason Bournes of pinside

Well I ain't no SLE buyer, I can tell you that!

#4714 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well I ain't no SLE buyer, I can tell you that!

It looks cool.

I really want something NIB

I've been living in pinball purgatory for years.

First code was the issue. Then it was avoiding the purchase of the last DMD + QC issues. Now its a suck ass theme, high prices & a "whats after Aerosmith" holding me back.

Paralysis by analysis

"Money cash hoes, money cash hoes whuut"

#4715 7 years ago

Have we seen any gameplay yet? Today at Expo?

#4716 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have we seen any gameplay yet? Today at Expo?

No playable batman66 at expo

#4717 7 years ago

Wake me when Jaws gets here. *yawn*

BM66? Aerosmith? Dialed In? Nope. Next please.

#4718 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Wake me when Jaws gets here. *yawn*

Hey Rick, Jaws *is* yawn!

#4719 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Who said that? Im pretty sure at expo George said they would make as many premiums as dictated by demand.

THIS!

#4720 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It was said somewhere, maybe Nate's podcast, that Stern knew the price was going to limit the number of games they sold and they were OK with that.

#4721 7 years ago

The BM66 theme can't really be explained to younger folk. It's pure nostalgia. I can hear the theme music and it'll stop me in my tracks. I love the campy villains and who doesn't like Catwoman and Batgirl? I didn't blink twice about buying the LE. The SLE now and all that drama, is a whole other affair.

#4722 7 years ago

Received the Batman66 series Blu ray set, gonna fire some up late tonight.

Need a low key break anyhow

#4723 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

The BM66 theme can't really be explained to younger folk. It's pure nostalgia. I can hear the theme music and it'll stop me in my tracks. I love the campy villains and who doesn't like Catwoman and Batgirl? I didn't blink twice about buying the LE. The SLE now and all that drama, is a whole other affair.

Bingo!

Nostalgia as pure as any I've experienced in pinball yet.

#4724 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Bingo!

Completely agree!!! Went for Alien as a grail theme, but I have major nostalgia ties to BM66....suspect I will enjoy both of these for quite some time!!!

#4725 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Completely agree!!! Went for Alien as a grail theme, but I have major nostalgia ties to BM66....suspect I will enjoy both of these for quite some time!!!

You in on both Mark?! You lucky SOB!

#4726 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

BM66 is Gary Stern's favorite machine.

Both he and George conveyed exactly that to me....I believe the passion is real....very surreal to watch/ listen to them talk about it....

#4727 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Both he and George conveyed exactly that to me....I believe the passion is real....very surreal to watch/ listen to them talk about it....

Lyman is a big fan as well. He knew the names of all three actors who played Mr. Freeze right off the top of his head. Since he is a fan of the theme, I'm confident he will deliver a fantastic rule set.

#4728 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Lyman is a big fan as well. He knew the names of all three actors who played Mr. Freeze right off the top of his head. Since he is a fan of the theme, I'm confident he will deliver a fantastic rule set.

Is there ever any doubt with Lyman? Nope

Stern better be paying that guy a HUGE salary. He deserves every F ing penny and then some

#4729 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is there ever any doubt with Lyman? Nope
Stern better be paying that guy a HUGE salary. He deserves every F ing penny and then some

And to,think many of them were talking smack about him and pushing all blame on him for the game not being flippable. Sad to see them turn so quickly on a college when asked why it was not playable.

#4730 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Bingo!

I don't really have nostalgia for the old Batman show, but I'm really interested to see how they incorporated Adam West and Burt Ward...this game has the possibility of being really funny due to the source material having the original Batman and Robin doing voiceover. Plus Lyman. I could see myself interested in a Premium down the road if everything comes together on this one. Too bad we didn't see it flipping at Expo.

#4731 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Too bad we didn't see it flipping at Expo.

+1

What was the stupid reason for that?

People are dropping $15K on a game that they won't know how it plays until they get it home???

#4732 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

And to,think many of them were talking smack about him and pushing all blame on him for the game not being flippable. Sad to see them turn so quickly on a college when asked why it was not playable.

Yeah not good

Too bad the babies got so upset

Buy one and put it in your house if you want to have it "flippable"

#4733 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

All I know is that we have 3 good pinball machines to choose from right now and from 3 different manufactures, while I'm in on Alien I do like having choices, good times, I didn't grow up with BM66 and dialed in isn't my style but I look forward to playing them.

#4734 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't know why its so hard to understand this part. It's a big winner for the 80 people that got one, and SLE with 400 people on the list.
And yes its a big win for Stern too, because while somewhat sleazy, they executed it 10x better than Jack.
It's also a big win for the 240 LE's. Why? Because few are backing out and there is a line there too.
You may not agree with price, I don't either, but NONE of that matters when it sells out huge. Price matters when it doesn't sell, like JJP#3

Haha a winner? You guys spent WAY to much on a pile of crap!

#4735 7 years ago

Fanboys, I didn't know there was a stern army so there you have it. Nothing I can say or anyone else to convince you to spend your money on better quality pins.

#4736 7 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

Haha a winner? You guys spent WAY to much on a pile of crap!

That's not your problem how some of us want the spend our money. If you don't want to that's fine but no need to let us know you don't want to coz we don't care.

#4737 7 years ago

George said Lyman is working on Batman til he's done - not working on anything else

#4738 7 years ago

Here's a video I shot of George talking about it at Expo

#4739 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm really interested to see how they incorporated Adam West and Burt Ward...this game has the possibility of being really funny due to the source material having the original Batman and Robin doing voiceover.

At the show Joe Kaminkow said something about Adam West recording a custom voice message for each of the SLE buyers. During the game the batphone will ring and then Adam will personally call you.

Not sure if that meant the game sends you message to your phone or does the game just play the message when you shoot the batphone?

For non SLE buyers you might win one if you register your game here.

http://www.kapowpinball.com/promotion.html

#4740 7 years ago

I expected more thumbs down for my honest post.

First I expected 30 thumbs down...

Then 50...

Then 80

Lol

Hurry up & send money now. That Costco Batman rehash has an LCD on it, some new cut/paste art & voice over work by a 90 yr old man.

I'm just trolling now. The game is OK. You guys buying the game are fine. I'm just not feeling $10K- $15K VE's & as a result I'm doing some weird passive aggressive venting on a forum like a dork.

#4741 7 years ago

For the super stripped down Pro model (albeit with LCD), BM'66 so-called Premium, at £9000, is a few bucks shy of $11,000 in the UK at current exchange rates. As little as 12 months ago, that would have been $14,750.

For reference Dialled In is £9500.

One of those is clearly much better value, but at these prices, some markets are rapidly reaching the end of NIB purchases altogether.

The UK's situation might be uniquely dire with a catastrophically weak £, with Brexit looming, but the point still stands.

People are being squeezed until their pips squeak in the US, and it's far worse everywhere else.

Unless some sense prevails pretty rapidly, I forsee empty production lines, or howls of derision as Stern particularly slash prices aggressively, leaving people who bought recent machines massively out of pocket.

All it takes is one little financial crisis (Italy is teetering on the brink right now - and both EU and US banks are exposed) ... and boom. Current pricing is absolutely nowhere close to being sustainable.

#4742 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hey Rick, Jaws *is* yawn!

Probably Rob, but Goshdarnit just throw me a sharks tooth, will ya?

#4743 7 years ago

I'm in on an LE. I'm in my 30s and Batman 66 was my first exposure to the character as a kid. They were still running reruns of the show and I have fond memories of watching it.

I think the art package looks great and fits the show perfectly. The layout changes are clearly much bigger than a vault edition game. George did a great job on this and hearing him talk about the game was great. Lyman on code with a theme that he's passionate about is a no brainer.

Can't wait to see some gameplay.

#4744 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

A lot about the game selling strategy was talked about from Gary. Stern will have 3 cornerstone games a year. Corner stone games would be Ghostbusters or Star Trek. They will also make some specialty games, 1 every year or 2. The specialty games are designed to be sold to high end pinballers and the collector of the the theme of the game. Here for example, they are going for the Batman fan-attic.
Also Gary talked about another guy that is high on the team. His back ground was from Topps sports cards, and some kind of background in slot machines. This new guy has a big back ground in specialty collectable sports cards. They are using that background in pinball machines now. Each one of those super LE's have its own special toy, making it unique. That is the collectable part of that game. Something no one else has. Some of the LE's will have that special toy also. I am not trying to justify the price, I would not purchase one myself, just passing the word on.
Gary said the next cornerstone game will be announced in January or February.
Gary did not comment on this, but what I feel is when the next cornerstone game comes out, it will have a similar price structure to Ghostbusters plus a bit more for the LCD screen. At the tour it was mentioned it is not the price of the LCD that is a problem, it is all of the high resolution programming takes so much longer then the DMD programming.

Heard it's Pulp Fiction by Mark Ritchie

#4745 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm just trolling now. The game is OK. You guys buying the game are fine. I'm just not feeling $10K- $15K VE's & as a result I'm doing some weird passive aggressive venting on a forum like a dork.

sick awareness, bro

#4746 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You in on both Mark?! You lucky SOB!

Lucky, or an idiot, I guess, depending on your take.....sort of shocked myself....similar to a couple of memorable table game moments in Vegas for me....one worked out well.....the other, not so much...

Both of these titles really appeal to me ( BM66 getting more exciting by the day for some weird reason)...Alien always my grail, so yea, why not....

#4747 7 years ago

George spent quite a while telling me the minutia of the game. There are a lot of little "Easter eggs" in it for real fans of the original series. He was totally enthusiastic about the pin, he was as much a "fanboi" of 1966 Batman.

I can't wait till this pin gets delivered.

IMG_8792 (resized).JPGIMG_8792 (resized).JPG

#4748 7 years ago

OK,so,Pw79 kinda summed it up,but to be clear,30 SLes were gone,then,50 more popped up at $15K! Who bought one??Then we were told 240 LEs Worldwide,then,you say,there are 120 more stuck in Europe somewhere? The Euro is out of the U.K.things questionable.A show of hands looks like over a dozen pins going to Calif.alone! No one will get to play one till you get yours out of box!~no rule set,yet,no play strategy,no code to bitch about,no mods to hock,what in dogs breath do you people who obviously won't have this pin,have to say???

#4749 7 years ago

Would someone pay 18k for a SLE if one was available?

#4750 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,so,Pw79 kinda summed it up,but to be clear,30 SLes were gone,then,50 more popped up at $15K! Who bought one??Then we were told 240 LEs Worldwide,then,you say,there are 120 more stuck in Europe somewhere? The Euro is out of the U.K.things questionable.A show of hands looks like over a dozen pins going to Calif.alone! No one will get to play one till you get yours out of box!~no rule set,yet,no play strategy,no code to bitch about,no mods to hock,what in dogs breath do you people who obviously won't have this pin,have to say???

120 in US and 120 overseas. Equals 240

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/95?hl=walt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.