• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 142.
#4601 4 years ago

This will be the Stern Catwoman and Batgirl re skin. 100 SLE's and 500 LE's

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

#4602 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As well they should be at $14k right?

12.500EUR distributor price is approx. 14,000USD, yes.

#4603 4 years ago

Off to my daughter's Vball game. Coming back and going to settle in for the evenings festivities and get Louis Litt up!

Looking forward to it ladies.

#4604 4 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

12.500EUR distributor price is approx. 14,000USD, yes.

That just flat out sucks.

Here's what I'd do, take the $14k, buy Apple stock, get a 2.1% dividend, watch it go to $150 from $118 in the next 9 months, sell it, and walla, you just got a $9500 BM66LE

#4605 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That just flat out sucks.
Here's what I'd do, take the $14k, buy Apple stock, get a 2.1% dividend, watch it go to $150 from $118 in the next 9 months, sell it, and walla, you just got a $9500 BM66LE

Or wait till the next sharemarket crash and watch it all disappear. Like a Jpop pin.

rd

#4606 4 years ago

Ok let me get this right, Stern does not have a playable BM66 at the biggest show of the year?

#4607 4 years ago

I need to see a good gameplayvideo but so far i cannot discover what is so special in this game?

It is just another stern pin.

#4608 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Or wait till the next sharemarket crash and watch it all disappear. Like a Jpop pin.
rd

The only way for your money to disappear is for Apple to go bankrupt (out of business) which is as likely as Coke or Exxon going out of business. Apple is the most valuable brand name in the WORLD. January 2016 Apple reported $18.4 BILLION in profit for one quarter ($50 Billion for a rolling year on $225 BILLION in revenue). Apple has something like $200B in cash equivalents, quite a low PE, is buying back shares and returning cash in the form of dividends.

I am not suggesting that the stock will go to $150 anytime soon but it would not surprise me at all.

For most people I recommend a low cost index fund or ETF that holds the S&P500 or more companies. Which spreads the risk around more than a single company.

#4609 4 years ago

Batman 66 for alllllll!

rd

#4610 4 years ago

Is this thread about Batman.....I should get one.

#4611 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Ok let me get this right, Stern does not have a playable BM66 at the biggest show of the year?

Correct.

#4612 4 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I need to see a good gameplayvideo but so far i cannot discover what is so special in this game?

For many, it's the theme.

It is also Stern's first LCD screen.

We'll need to see gameplay to answer some other questions.

#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

It's a dream theme for a certain small demographic. It will sell well and quickly to them and was never made to be a big seller to the masses. Stern set it up that way from the start and they've been very successful so far as limited models went very fast. I never thought I would see a BM66 theme. I don't care for the theme either, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why it's special to some.

#4614 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You can bet your life that Coke and Apple will cease to exist within our lifetimes. Maybe 10 years, maybe 50 years. Who knows. May as well go play the roulette wheel.

That's clueless RD. Not only will both continue on during our lifetime and future generations they will continue to pay a nice increasing dividend for the rest of our lives.

But hey, invest how you like since you are smarter than Warren Buffet who has owned Coke forever (I like Pepsi for more diversity) and just bought $1.5 billion in Apple stock, 1st time at $108 and then in the 90's when it sold down and all of the dummies were crying about how bad it was gonna be in the July quarter. Now here we go again, earnings the following week and then setting up for the holidays and the next upgrade super cycle. But hey, what does Buffet know? Actually, don't need to be Buffet to figure it out.

See how your style works out for you

#4615 4 years ago

And back to Batman.

I used some of my Apple profits and dividends to buy a couple of the 1966 Topps Batman cards, psa graded 9, no clue really what they were but they will go somewhere on the game.

I also wasted more $$$ on the full series blu ray set which arrived today and am looking forward to watching.

I guess I will consider it free? Along with the pinball machine itself? As Apple has recently risen from $93 a share, where i was buying again, to $118 today.

Is that really free pinball machines? Well, either way, thanks Apple!!!!

#4616 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You can bet your life that Coke and Apple will cease to exist within our lifetimes. Maybe 10 years, maybe 50 years.

Put another zero behind those numbers.

#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

And 1000s of other companies around the world that disappeared after 2008.
You can bet your life that Coke and Apple will cease to exist within our lifetimes. Maybe 10 years, maybe 50 years. Who knows. May as well go play the roulette wheel.
Anyway, back to Batman!!!
rd

I don't know where you get 1000s of companies that disappeared after 2008 but if that's the case, those weren't companies that on a *down* quarter will make $12Billion in profit. Are you comparing Apple now to Lymann Bros in 2007? That's just coo-coo.

You could take away all their iPhone sales and Apple would still have multi Billion dollar profits every quarter. I'm saying if Apple cease to make iPhone (not likely) but if they did they'd still have computers, watch, App Store, tablets, cloud storage. Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones or some such number and brand loyalty will mean many of those will be upgraded in time.

http://www.apple.com/newsroom/2016/07/apple-celebrates-one-billion-iphones.html

I'm not even sure if you can wrap your mind around the numbers, Apple is pushing a trillion dollars in valuation.

Can you understand that these iPhones cost around $400-800 and they have sold more than a billion of them?

Apple market cap is more than the bottom 100 companies in the S&P500 index.

#4618 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I know some people have a love affair with shares, and fair enough, it's your money and you can do with it as you please. But lots of people said the same about these companies ...
Lehman Brothers
Merrill Lynch
AIG
Freddie Mac
Fannie Mae
HBOS
Royal Bank of Scotland
Bradford & Bingley
Fortis
Hypo
Alliance & Leicester
And 1000s of other companies around the world that disappeared after 2008.
Anyway, back to Batman!!!
rd

AIG is still around and they are one of our biggest clients.

#4619 4 years ago

20161014_201742 (resized).jpg

#4620 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

AIG is still around and they are one of our biggest clients.

Merrill Lynch too, they were acquired by BOA for $38B

I think RD just likes to hear himself talk.

#4622 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You can bet your life that Coke and Apple will cease to exist within our lifetimes. Maybe 10 years, maybe 50 years. Who knows.

What? Good lord what;s the national drink in NZ? Not mixed with Coke I guess...bit off the mark there RD.

#4623 4 years ago

In the past I invested in coke

Now I have to put neosporin covered q-tips in my nose when the air is too dry.

#4624 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

RD hit his head when he ran through Odin's screen door so you have to forgive him.

It hurt his ability to do math. The only math class that ever matters in life is the Power of Compounding, Einstein's 8th wonder of the world.

Minus 10% then plus 10% does not equal a net zero return. Get it? Ok good

#4625 4 years ago

I'll leave you guys to talk about it between yourselves.

rd

#4626 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was working at ML through it all. They were bankrupt ten times over. The weekend Lehman went under, it was either going to be Lehman or ML. It was like the last episode of the bachelor. In the end, Dick Fuld had pissed off too many people for too long and was basically whacked. Merrill got the red rose and then BoA took the hit later when the politics had subsided and it all got diluted in the quagmire of the cleanup. That acquisition was all funny money and will never be made back.

#4627 4 years ago

I really appreciated the genuine positive attitude that Stern displayed through the show regarding this title. The factory tour would make GB people happy ( all hands on deck banging those out), but you could sense honest excitement from top to bottom in regards to BM66.

This will be a great machine to own, and glad I picked this as my first expo to attend..many thanks!!!

#4628 4 years ago

They have to use this classic Batman scene:

#4629 4 years ago

Talked with the Stern folks tonight. YES, the pricing structure for these is insane. But what is REALLY insane, is the extra 5K for the SLE. Same playfield with a few extra hot wheels, and a $5 bat-signal projector that they are going to offer for purchase to add to the LE. Granted, the SLE cabinet finish is really nice, but nothing makes that machine worth 1K more, let alone 5K. Think about it....Stern is making a really nice profit on the LE's at 9500. Realistically, add a few hundred in toys and make that original profit plus another 5K? That part is just plain greedy, same as JJP trying to sell 7K of their LE's. Stern was originally only going to do 30 of the SLE's as a collector item, and when they saw the potential revenue, they upped it another 50 units. It wasn't because they wanted to help a bunch of poor souls......it was a money grab, plain and simple. I really like the game....love the LCD....and I am still on the fence as far as a purchase. For those of you going for a super LE, I would contact Stern and demand more of a difference, and much more bang for the 15,000 bucks. They can afford it......

#4630 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Realistically, add a few hundred in toys and make that original profit plus another 5K? That part is just plain greedy, same as JJP trying to sell 7K of their LE's

100% agree. Stupid, greedy and will come back to haunt them.

I was watching Gomez talk about the SLE and the differences and he was struggling to find much.

$9500 is bad enough for what you get, $15k is insane for that.

Just goes to show that for now, maybe this will be the last time, people don't seem to care because they/we think 80/240 are really limited numbers and thus the value is justified based on that fact alone.

I don't know, the whole thing is crazy.

#4631 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

$15,000 is inexcusable. They can't justify it. Some people have means to pay it and the desire, and they're free to do it, but Stern can't even give a single good reason why it should cost $15,000.

#4632 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

$15,000 is inexcusable. They can't justify it. Some people have means to pay it and the desire, and they're free to do it, but Stern can't even give a single good reason why it should cost $15,000.

Of course they can't. They did it just because. And the fact that 400 people want one, so they raised it up to 80 total.

That is beyond f ing annoying, yet if people will pay it, wtf

Hell, i'm dumb enough to pay $9500 for the LE.

There is a lot of stupid to go around at this Expo.

#4633 4 years ago

Stern can pay for the playfield f'ups with the BM66 cash influx . No excuses

#4634 4 years ago

How about the $12,500 for the Collector's Edition of Dialed In...are there any differences between the LE and Collector's Edition?

#4635 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

100% agree. Stupid, greedy and will come back to haunt them.
I was watching Gomez talk about the SLE and the differences and he was struggling to find much.
Just goes to show that for now, maybe this will be the last time, people don't seem to care because they/we think 80/240 are really limited numbers and thus the value is justified based on that fact alone.
I don't know, the whole thing is crazy.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered....

#4636 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How about the $12,500 for the Collector's Edition of Dialed In...are there any differences between the LE and Collector's Edition?

Go try and make that argument in those mind boggling threads. Wow.

Yeah, JJP is a bigger Hog imho

#4637 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah, JJP is a bigger Hog imho

My only opinion is the same as when i first joined Pinside...Iceman is up to his old shit again

#4638 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Good question. Outside of the cab color I don't think anything was specified. No matter what it is, if anything, it can't be 3.5k worth of difference.

#4639 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Good question. Outside of the cab color I don't think anything was specified. No matter what it is, if anything, it can't be 3.5k worth of difference.

Doesn't the Collector's Edition come with a t-shirt?

#4640 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Doesn't the Collector's Edition come with a t-shirt?

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Something about wearing them while eating pizza? Damn, some Chi town deep dish sounds pretty good now.

#4641 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My only opinion is the same as when i first joined Pinside...Iceman is up to his old shit again

Nah, I'm done with my rant and being aggravated with this BS. This doesn't even come close to what happened in the old days and you know it Law.

#4642 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Yeah... they said it will have extra toy's, etc but nothing specific. I can't imagine it having practically a whole second pinball machine worth of cool.

#4643 4 years ago

so is it confirmed that they raised the SLE from 30 to 80?

the game looks sweet especially the cabinet, but not $20k AUD sweet

#4644 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This doesn't even come close to what happened in the old days and you know it Law.

Nothin' but respect. Old Timers= respect

#4645 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

$5 bat-signal projector that they are going to offer for purchase to add to the LE.

Are you saying the topper is not included on the LE?

#4646 4 years ago

sterns next kapow title. premium, le, super le, and super duper double secret le models available soon.

fonzpinball-combo (resized).jpg

#4647 4 years ago

I did hear from my distributer today that a topper will be available to purchase for the premium but it will not be the same as the one on the SLE & LE.

#4648 4 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I did hear from my distributer today that a topper will be available to purchase for the premium but it will not be the same as the one on the SLE & LE.

I would assume..or is the "LIMITED" not that?

#4649 4 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Stern person at booth said they think the topper for the LE/SLE that was at expo is exclusive to those models. The premium would have another topper avail as a separate purchase. They thought the premium topper was a cityscape of gotham instead of batman and robin in the batmobile.

#4650 4 years ago

Stern did their market research and is surely looking for "older" pin ballers.

50+ has more money available then 20 some

Look for more "older" titles in future( thinking anything popular 60-80's)

Just hope they make Dukes of Hazzard soon!!
Cannonball Run , smokey & the Bandit.

Columbia maybe or Baretta
Even Kojak or Streets of San Francisco

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside