PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 142.
#4551 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Who are the winners? A $15K VE does not appear to be a 'big win' for the majority of pinheads...
Big win for stern? abso-frickin-lutely

I don't know why its so hard to understand this part. It's a big winner for the 80 people that got one, and SLE with 400 people on the list.

And yes its a big win for Stern too, because while somewhat sleazy, they executed it 10x better than Jack.

It's also a big win for the 240 LE's. Why? Because few are backing out and there is a line there too.

You may not agree with price, I don't either, but NONE of that matters when it sells out huge. Price matters when it doesn't sell, like JJP#3

#4552 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't know why its so hard to understand this part. It's a big winner for the 80 people that got one, and SLE with 400 people on the list.
And yes its a big win for Stern too, because while somewhat sleazy, they executed it 10x better than Jack.
It's also a big win for the 240 LE's. Why? Because few are backing out and there is a line there too.
You may not agree with price, I don't either, but NONE of that matters when it sells out huge. Price matters when it doesn't sell, like JJP#3

Oh I completely understand who wins here.

Its just not the majority of pinball players.

#4553 7 years ago

Anyone at the expo actually play a BM66? Are these machines even playable yet?

#4554 7 years ago

No the Batman66s are not playable.

#4555 7 years ago

I wished it was more colorful.

#4556 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure most are going to distributors to gather dust in a warehouse. So they aren't really sold out. We'll have to wait and see how soon the ebay ad comes up.

#4557 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

No the Batman66s are not playable.

So kudos then to JJP to present an original, playable (!) machine. The light show already looks great. Not sure why Stern didn't manage to have a playable version ready for expo and their big party??

#4558 7 years ago

NO,dmbjunky,the les are all sold!Sure, some bought for profit.They always do.And folks are lining up to buy aftermarket already! I've had 3 offers for mine!Dude,240 Worldwide!Now,the question is, how many PRes and PROs will now flood the market?? What price?GB/PRo was not worth it IMHO,???Will this also follow???

#4559 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That is why Stern are the great survivors and everyone else is an also ran.

#4560 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

JJP made a comic book they handed out with an introductory story about this game. Character development and theme.

If you need to read a book to understand the theme, you've failed.

#4561 7 years ago

Lets see how many turn up on the PINmap???WHO's really got what??Who's willing to post theirs ?????

#4562 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

NO,dmbjunky,the les are all sold!

We'll just have to see. I expect some distributors to start putting up ads for B66LEs pretty soon. Stern did keep the number very low though which helps to sell out to the guys who buy every LE.

#4563 7 years ago

soooo, stern SAM and Spike DMD machines are now the WPCs of the 90s. This machine looks like it could be one of sterns best imo, but i'm out of the price range. i will play it on location for sure.

#4564 7 years ago

dmbjunky,you may be right on it ,but some people(me) will surely be pissed,if they lied!!!

#4565 7 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

So kudos then to JJP to present an original, playable (!) machine. The light show already looks great. Not sure why Stern didn't manage to have a playable version ready for expo and their big party??

Looks like it was a rush job especially the art/photoshop like they did it over the weekend. Metal ramp flap covering Catgirls head? Wtf? Guess we're lucky it didn't cover her face completely but we still have the banana in her crotch?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4566 7 years ago

If you don't believe the LEs are sold out, try finding one to buy. I barely got one the day after the flyer was posted. I had to contact 4 distributors to find it.

#4567 7 years ago

I have heard that distributors are getting offers of up to 15k for the reg. le's.

#4568 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

If you don't believe the LEs are sold out, try finding one to buy. I barely got one the day after the flyer was posted. I had to contact 4 distributors to find it.

This ^^^^^...is what it is.....find one if you can...

#4569 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This ^^^^^...is what it is.....find one if you can...

automated still has them in stock for like 9900 and from what i understand there were some cancellations so check again.

#4570 7 years ago

Give Stern a day or two. Maybe they'll bump the Supers up by another 20 and round the LE's off to 300.

#4571 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Give Stern a day or two. Maybe they'll bump the Supers up by another 20 and round the LE's off to 300.

That's more of a Jack move, but I can see Stern doing a Catwoman re skin version? Why not, just came out with a slot machine.

#4572 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I have heard that distributors are getting offers of up to 15k for the reg. le's.

That's crazy. I don't get the LE obsession. For a few bucks more sure, but for double?

#4573 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's more of a Jack move, but I can see Stern doing a Catwoman re skin version? Why not, just came out with a slot machine.

They'd probably sell MORE Catwoman versions, if this thread is any indication. 1000 pictures of various Catwomen, probably outnumbers the Batman pictures 20 to 1

#4574 7 years ago

i think i see a little ghosting over there in the corner i keed i keed

Quoted from rai:

Looks like it was a rush job especially the art/photoshop like they did it over the weekend. Metal ramp flap covering Catgirls head? Wtf? Guess we're lucky it didn't cover her face completely but we still have the banana in her crotch?

#4575 7 years ago

anyone know the backstory on this KA-POW guy??

#4576 7 years ago

At first glance it looks good. The more I look at it the more I see that it needs another revision. The LCD not being properly centered vertically really irks me. That gradient dot pattern at the flippers, Catwomen, Robin on the backglass. These small things really detract from it feeling polished. I would have prefered it closer to the comic or cartoon as far as the art. Not bad but also not great.

#4577 7 years ago

We've seen many past Stern games get art tweaks in the time between showing prototypes and production. I'm not going to sweat the little stuff.

#4578 7 years ago

Yeah it is a nice looking machine, I'm just surprised those type of issues ever get off the computer screen. Just seems like they have no peer review. A little modern process would be such a huge benefit at Stern. Years working in gaming makes me really OCD to this stuff.

#4580 7 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

'the' engineering and game design lead guy for Data East.. Sega.. and early Stern pinball. Gary's old business partner.

That's the short version.

#4581 7 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

I have no idea why they partnered up with him other than the fact that he may have locked up the license. I think the crazy price is in part due to him getting paid. Stern had all the things they needed to make the game except the license....I guess.

#4582 7 years ago

I guess they can change the tranny Cat woman and move her image down below the ramp flap while they're at it.

#4583 7 years ago

I just got a call from my Distributer saying he had a cancellation on a Batman 66 le.. $9595..
Not sure what to do here.. I have Batman forever,and Batman dark knight. Not because I'm a huge Batman fan but because they are fun games. Hmmm......

#4584 7 years ago

I don't get it. An LE BDK with two LCDs, a topper and some metal flake in the paint, less the coffee can for double the price. I guess Stern was tired not getting the aftermarket dollars. Seems very short sided but people are paying it. Very unimpressed with what 15k gets you..

#4585 7 years ago

Oh and before others say it, I have money in my pocket to spend but passed on GB perm and will also be passing on anything else with this new pricing structure. Too bad, Iron Maiden would have looked very nice next to Metallica.

#4586 7 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

I don't get it. An LE BDK with two LCDs, a topper and some metal flake in the paint, less the coffee can for double the price. I guess Stern was tired not getting the aftermarket dollars. Seems very short sided but people are paying it. Very unimpressed with what 15k gets you..

Not that you would really want this anyway but you can get a half way nice car brand new for less than 15k

Screenshot_20161014-114815 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161014-114815 (resized).png

#4587 7 years ago

I have 4 tickets for the stern epic party Text 630-440-5190. $40 each. I will be at Expo for Batman meet and greet at 3p.m.

#4588 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I have no idea why they partnered up with him other than the fact that he may have locked up the license. I think the crazy price is in part due to him getting paid. Stern had all the things they needed to make the game except the license....I guess.

Anyone can get the license...that's not a big deal...I think it's due to Kaminkow already doing the Batman slot - so they already had tons of animation and clips programmed and ready to go, making their first LCD game much easier to get off the ground.

#4589 7 years ago

You guys paid how much for that? I wont rub it in but it doesn't hurt my feelings that I cant buy one.

#4590 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Anyone can get the license...that's not a big deal...I think it's due to Kaminkow already doing the Batman slot - so they already had tons of animation and clips programmed and ready to go, making their first LCD game much easier to get off the ground.

Plus Gary's probably sentimental about working with Kaminkow on their 30th anniversary.

#4591 7 years ago

I have an LE but am leaning premium. I'll consider any offers. PM please.

#4592 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You guys paid how much for that? I wont rub it in but it doesn't hurt my feelings that I cant buy one.

Iceman, you done lost your mind son.

Have-You-Lost-Your-Damn-Mind-I-will-cut-you-meme-27491 (resized).jpgHave-You-Lost-Your-Damn-Mind-I-will-cut-you-meme-27491 (resized).jpg

#4593 7 years ago

Where is the second LCD screen?

#4594 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Where is the second LCD screen?

In the misspelled TV.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4595 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We've seen many past Stern games get art tweaks in the time between showing prototypes and production. I'm not going to sweat the little stuff.

Gomez said exactly that in the Stern video tour i saw.

#4596 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I have an LE but am leaning premium. I'll consider any offers. PM please.

$13,999?

#4597 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

NO,dmbjunky,the les are all sold!Sure, some bought for profit.They always do.And folks are lining up to buy aftermarket already! I've had 3 offers for mine!Dude,240 Worldwide!

They are still readily available in EU.

#4598 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

They are still readily available in EU.

As well they should be at $14k right?

#4599 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

In the misspelled TV.

How do these type of spelling mistakes get through?!

#4600 7 years ago

I heard the Stern PE edition will be 20K (PE= proofread edition).

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/92?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.