• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 142.
#4501 4 years ago

Eddy Munster.... Come On Down from that window at 1313 Mockingbird Lane

Monkees too, another great set of 1960's music....sweet... Pleasant Valley Sunday!

.....just not over $8k for an LE maxed out w shaker, color LCD and mirrored BG.

#4502 4 years ago

BM66 looked amazing at the expo tonight. This was the big hit of the night for me. Can't wait to see gameplay.

#4503 4 years ago

they want $15k for that ?

#4504 4 years ago

BM66 feels more like a pro to me when it comes to toys on playfield. I feel though that the cabinet is a step up from star trek le. But overall it feels way too similar to the original Batman game Stern released but with LCD screens. The game is so overpriced for what it is in my opinion.

#4505 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Wow, what an amazing turn of events. This thread was a real Debbie downer by the price police and then JJP #3 was announced a little while ago and now Pinside is in wild fire mode in 3-4 different threads where people are self-immolating over JJP's new "Dialed In" game. It's looks and price actually make BM66 (non SLE of course), look like the Belle of the Ball.

Batman is still plagued by the high price. That hasn't changed despite the disappointment of JJP #3.

#4506 4 years ago

what's the problem?

IMG_20161014_024027 (resized).jpg

#4507 4 years ago

It looks real good, too bad they decided Against a complete new design for such a great title especially after adding the LCD display.

#4508 4 years ago

I know everybody has their own opinions, but mine is that the artwork is over the top fantastic. Really, really, really cool looking machine.

Now the price is at least 3 times what I would want to pay, but I'm sure they have many people already lined up for it. The LCD/TV thing, although an obvious gimmick to try, looks great. So it's not all that creative (none of it is) but damn it looks pretty nice to me.

#4509 4 years ago

it looks nice, and I haven't seen it up close or played it yet, but I don't see what the big deal is. Pinball is a pretty expensive hobby as is, but I could use the money they're asking for these things to do lots of other stuff. And even if I hit the power ball tomorrow I'd still wouldn't buy one. Congrats to you if you can and do but nothing about this machine appeals to me.

I laughed out loud when Stern posted pictures of the machine to social media saying the DMD era is over... I can think of 2 or 3 other companies that beat you to that.

#4510 4 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

I laughed out loud when Stern posted pictures of the machine to social media saying the DMD era is over... I can think of 2 or 3 other companies that beat you to that.

Yeag I guess what they forgot to add was "..the Stern DMD era is over.." but I guess that did not sound just as epic and awesome

#4511 4 years ago

Looks great to me.
Although I was hoping for a factory installed playfield protector to protect the inserts

#4512 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There are a lot of dopey hypocrites on here that will scream about what a great value a $10k TronLe is at the same time.
Or an 11k AC/DC Bible.
I'll take my BM66LE and know Lyman will make it great
It will be interesting to compare and contrast with Lawlors game and that pricing.
I won't be getting one no matter what. JJP will have 3 different LE versions at 1000 each

One difference....... When they were purchased NIB there was no guarantee the these game would appreciate .. To throw that kind of money at one game and take the risk of a bad player , unfinished code or QC issues. Well there just out of their FKN mind especially for a layout that was 99% a rehash.

#4513 4 years ago

Sooo as I've said many times before it's a stern. No good backbox light show, no subways. The spike system they so proudly showed with WWE had a cable run across part of the LED lamps to obstruct what little lighting available for the backbox which wasn't interactive with the game anyways. They had tubes before that. How is it possible people still support a company that's not forward thinking.

I put my money on JJP because it's not a old school monarchy

#4514 4 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

No good backbox light show,

i think I saw flashers in the backbox on the facebook movie.

#4515 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

To throw that kind of money at one game and take the risk of a bad player , unfinished code or QC issues. Well there just out of their FKN mind especially for a layout that was 99% a rehash.

99% rehash? Where is the 1% change? Kind of joke statement isn't it?

A) 240 LE's are long gone at $9500

B) Now 80 SLE's are long gone at $15k and apparently could have sold 400 of them

You and everybody else have very short memories.

Several months ago people were crawling all over themselves to get an GBLE for $8k. Why? So they could flip it for a $1k-2k profit

That is why these pins are priced where they are at right now.

So i was wrong about JJP, I thought 3 different versions of an LE at 1000 each. I was right about the price, $9k!!!

6,999 LE's.

Here's a difference, that ridiculous theme won't come close to selling that amount at $9k because its a GUARANTEED LOSER on the secondary market.

#4516 4 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

i think I saw flashers in the backbox on the facebook movie.

Probably a fault with the led setup on that particular game.

#4517 4 years ago

As everybody blows a nut over pricing in every post, let's stipulate again, PRICES ARE TOO HIGH

Feel better?

There are enough people to pay for 320 LE/SLE Batman pins and there will be less than a dozen or so that will drop out and dozens more in line to take their place.

Now that is the reality that the whiners have to deal with, like it or not.

Where are the 6,999 JJP buyers that are gonna pony up $9k for that shitty theme? I don't care how it plays.

"It's game over man, game over"

#4518 4 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

The Batsignal looks pretty cool

Yes that $5 bat signal is awesome(really helps justify pricing), I bought one years ago for my BDK.
amazon.com link »

I know people are excited for this title but for me it is meh. First of all I am in my thirties so I never grew up watching the show, I think I have seen clips, but never watched the show. I grew up with the modern Batman series and can relate with all of the movies. I think some people are drinking the Kool-Aid on this one. It is just a BDK with bright colored cut and paste graphics, custom side-rails, a $5 Bat signal and an LCD-Wow! This whole idea of artificial scarcity with it being limited to try and justify the pricing is really pathetic. Oh its so bright and pretty and has an LCD-please put the Kool-Aid down. There is no way in hell this machine is worth $15,000. Stern might as well serve pitchers of Kool-Aid at the release parties. Hopefully people will do their due diligence and not become sheep following the herd.

#4519 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

There is no way in hell this machine is worth $15,000. Stern might as well serve pitchers of Kool-Aid at the release parties. Hopefully people will do their due diligence and not become a sheep and follow the herd.

80 are getting one, 400 on the list. Get over it

Nobody is trying justify the pricing. But hey, hop on over to the JJP thread and pick yourself up a nice $9k cell phone game aimed at you "kids"

#4520 4 years ago

I'd love to see some of those application videos.

#4521 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

80 are getting one, 400 on the list. Get over it
Nobody is trying justify the pricing. But hey, hop on over to the JJP thread and pick yourself up a nice $9k cell phone game aimed at you "kids"

You aren't educated enough on this game as it is not a "cell phone" game Dude.
The "kid" has spoken. Better than a comic book theme from the P A S T !

#4522 4 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

Quoted from gawcol:i think I saw flashers in the backbox on the facebook movie.
Probably a fault with the led setup on that particular game.

In this movie with adam west, around 47 seconds I think I see flashing in the backbox, or is that something else?
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsternpinball%2Fvideos%2F10154593132424244%2F&show_text=0&width=560

#4523 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

You aren't educated enough on this game as it is not a "cell phone" game Dude.
The "kid" has spoken. Better than a comic book theme from the P A S T !

Educate me then? What does "Dialed in" mean? What did i see last night? Not quite sure WTF it was.

Step right up and get yourself one kid.

#4524 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But hey, hop on over to the JJP thread and pick yourself up a nice $9k cell phone game aimed at you "kids"

Us kids? Hey get off my lawn you old fogey (;

I actually think the new JJP game looks interesting and it looks like the third flipper actually does something. What I really like is it is a unique theme-NOT a franchise or trademarked game. It would be awesome if Stern could get away from franchise themes and go with creative artistic independent themes. Good job Jack-thinking outside of the box.

#4525 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It would be awesome if Stern could get away from franchise themes and go with creative artistic independent themes. Good job Jack-thinking outside of the box.

Love the "outside of the box" thinking. Let's see how many they sell with that kind of thinking

You need to hurry before they run out of the 6,999

Stern will never make the mistake JJP just did. I love new pinball, but this one is a $$$ loser no matter how it plays. THEME is AWFUL!

And if it was a "kid" theme it would have Snapchat in there. LOL

#4526 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And if it was a "kid" theme it would have Snapchat in there. LOL

Um....it pretty much does.

#4527 4 years ago

Already been covered.

#4529 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Wow, what an amazing turn of events. This thread was a real Debbie downer by the price police and then JJP #3 was announced a little while ago and now Pinside is in wild fire mode in 3-4 different threads where people are self-immolating over JJP's new "Dialed In" game. It's looks and price actually make BM66 (non SLE of course), look like the Belle of the Ball.

Ha you're correct that JJP3 (theme and cost) is crap in a box. But still does not change the fact that BMVE is too expensive IMO.

This theme by JJP is purely unbelievable in that JJP needs only hits it's not like B/W or Stern which can get away with a shitty pin like WWE was. It's like if pin 3 is bad they need to wait another year for the next to come along. And WoZ is probably near the end of the line and TH is meh.

I'm really dissapointed at both JJP and Stern for these offerings.

#4530 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm really dissapointed at both JJP and Stern for these offerings.

No doubt... the world of pinball is changing... and not in a good way.

#4531 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Love the "outside of the box" thinking. Let's see how many they sell with that kind of thinking

That is the problem. How many can we sell if we attach the theme to a franchise instead of an independent unique theme? Appeasing the masses is not always the solution to selling more units. WWF, Mustang did not sell well but neither did Whoa Nellie. Theme is huge but so is game design and layout. It is a crapshoot with games nowadays to appeal to non-pinheads as well as pinheads. I commend manufacturers who allow their designers free rang to explore their creative possibilities. In all reality Dialed In is a perfect theme for todays day and age. Everyone is plugged into their devices and it fits our current era. Think of No Fear, Radical, etc. they all reflect the era. Like the theme or not-it does relate to our society. What is funny is 10-15 years from now when this game will be dated because of technology advancements, people will view it much like we view No Fear today.

I am a huge Stern fanboy, but I got to say today JJP has surprised me and has earned my respect. I-like many other pinsiders have a bad taste in their mouth from the whole Stern Batman66 price gouging circus act.

#4532 4 years ago

I'll be done ranting in a week or so most likely

The arrogance and stupidity of both of these guys is pitiful. It might take JJP down, lets see how deep the pockets really are, Stern will just adjust as they always do.

If Heighway and Spooky can survive and make great THEMES at prices that hit the sweet spot like Spooky is already doing, then they win.

Alien is a great start. Now Spooky needs a blockbuster

#4533 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am a huge Stern fanboy, but I got to say today JJP has surprised me and has earned my respect. I-like many other pinsiders have a bad taste in their mouth from the whole Stern Batman66 price gouging circus act.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. I spent 3 years on the Woz love fest train.

Please explain to me how this JJP thing isn't a "price gouging circus act"?

$12.5k and you'll get the special version by Xmas and signed at that? $9k for a 6,999 run? WTF

The difference is, 320 people are paying for Stern's price gouge, that simple, 6,999 people won't in JJP's case!

It's the most arrogant price gouge yet from them.

#4534 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Please explain to me how this JJP thing isn't a "price gouging circus act"?

I was not saying JJP was not price gouging-just that he had the balls to pull off an independent title is all. Everyone who has ridden the Jack train has a bad taste in their mouth as well, I disagreed with the majority of his business practices. Trust me I am no JJP fan but appreciate the move towards releasing a 90's Bally/Williams style independent theme.

#4535 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

It's looks and price actually make BM66 (non SLE of course), look like the Belle of the Ball.

No, I think Alien is the big winner this year. BM66 is just a re-tread with okay art and an insane price.

#4536 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was not saying JJP was not price gouging-just that he had the balls to pull off an independent title is all. Everyone who has ridden the Jack train has a bad taste in their mouth as well, I disagreed with the majority of his business practices. Trust me I am no JJP fan but appreciate the move towards releasing a 90's Bally/Williams style independent theme.

There is no doubt JJP deserves credit for letting Pat try, just like people like me lined up for giving Jpop the chance to try, for the same Bally creative genius that made pinball great.

It might play great and look great, but everything else was a swing and a miss. And I'm a JJP fan in a lot of ways.

The sleazy tactics by both Stern and JJP, as they race to the bottom I hope Spooky and Heighway rise to the top!

#4537 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No, I think Alien is the big winner this year. BM66 is just a re-tread with okay art and an insane price.

No, I think they both are BIG winners. You downgrade BM66 because of price and i get it, but that's irrelevant because they sold out, easy.

My prediction is Stern will sell thousands of the $7600 premium BM66 versus a few hundred of $9k Phoned in

Arrogance can take you down

#4538 4 years ago

My prediction is ~ 1000 of BMVE (all versions) because people will think the pro is actually a premium due to the LCD screen and less than 1000 of JJP3 because it's priced too high and IMO cell phone theme doesn't work.

if JJP had licensed the Note 7 Samsung and had fire coming out of the game that might have got my attention.

Whoever buys the $12k LE version of phone game will be sitting on a rare pin indeed.

#4539 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No, I think they both are BIG winners. You downgrade BM66 because of price and i get it, but that's irrelevant because they sold out, easy.

No, I downgrade it because it lacks any real features when compared to the other games. I mean, the art is interesting, but it's still a Stern.

#4540 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Whoever buoyed the $12k LE version of phone game will be sitting on a rare pin indeed.

Is there really someone out there that dumb?

#4541 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Is there really someone out there that dumb?

Well someone green lighted that pin so my answer is going to be yes.

#4542 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No, I downgrade it because it lacks any real features when compared to the other games. I mean, the art is interesting, but it's still a Stern.

Still a Stern? That's great, because i wasn't sure about that. I really love my TWDLE, GBLE and Ac/dc.

So I'll take it, even thought its just a Stern. My fully featured Woz doesn't get turned on much in the last year or so, because my "featureless" Sterns are just so much more fun to play right now.

#4543 4 years ago

For those of you attending Expo please try and drink the tea and do not drink the Kool-Aid

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am no JJP fan but appreciate the move towards releasing a 90's Bally/Williams style independent theme.

Yep, gotta agree with this but might just be the death of JJP. Stern has the money to pull off something risky like this but not JJP... hope he survives this!

The game play better be awesome since that's the only hope!

#4545 4 years ago

Video with George Gomez talking about the table that I shot, the video that is not the table

#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yep, gotta agree with this but might just be the death of JJP. Stern has the money to pull off something risky like this but not JJP... hope he survives this!
The game play better be awesome since that's the only hope!

I don't think anyone has a clue about the financials of either of those companies.

I think the problem with JJP is that they built something huge up whilst forgetting about ball and flippers. Stern presented something that is more or less finished apart from the code. JJP looks like a good game but at a price that doesn't square up. Batman we still actually don't know how it plays.

Neil.

#4547 4 years ago

I played Dialed In last night. Only one game so not much to tell.

In the seminar as soon as they announced the title some people got up and walked out. LOL.

I hate the theme but a friend began explaining it to me. JJP made a comic book they handed out with an introductory story about this game. Character development and theme. The game shot extremely smooth and felt very solid. Some interesting shots and toys. The light show is spectacular, I mean really great and the LCD animations along with game play are very well done.

It was fun to play and very interesting to watch others play. Seriously, it was cool to be a bystander.

Like I said, I played only one game but it interested me. I'm not saying I'll buy it but there is more to the game than those of you seeing via the internet can tell. And two of my friends REALLY liked playing it.

They need to get this game out to every show possible so people can see it first hand.

I think Dialed In will be very slow out of the gate but may pick up speed in the back stretch. Maybe...

Gotta get to the American Pinball seminar. Later.

#4548 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No, I think they both are BIG winners.

Who are the winners? A $15K VE does not appear to be a 'big win' for the majority of pinheads...

Big win for stern? abso-frickin-lutely

#4549 4 years ago

Never bought NIB before - what's the street price on an LE and where's best place to buy it?

#4550 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

but there is more to the game than those of you seeing via the internet can tell. And two of my friends REALLY liked playing it.

I heard the same thing. Can't wait to play it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside