PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 142.
#4301 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

that's just obscene.
Would I be correct in surmising that the 80 SLE's are already purchased and spoken for?

Correct.......

#4302 7 years ago

SLE = $10k by Xmas

#4303 7 years ago

I think these machines look good and have a great art package, but the prices are absurd. And I sure don't see the $5k price difference in the LE and SLE. Looks to me like all you are paying extra for is bragging rights. There sure isn't $5k of upgrades.

#4304 7 years ago

So much they could have done with this theme and I see all the villains three/four times on the LE on a flat background. Same drawing but mirrored or enlarged.

On the SLE the drawings on the topper are repeated on the front under the coindoor !

Very creative stuff. Why did they not ask the artist that made the originals of these to do some coherent artwork especially for this machine?? It is beyond me why they made the decisions they did. Either they are tasteless or clueless.

edit: do not get me wrong, I think it looks nice, just think it could have been something special

#4305 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Premium $8599
LE $9999 240 units
SLE 14999 80 units*
*at the moment

What are the $5000 in differences between the LE and the SLE. ...or even between the Premium and the SLE?

#4306 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,question,i'm not familiar with BDK,so what does that crane do???Anybody???

Probably late to the party on this, but jump to about the 32 second mark and this shows you:

#4307 7 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I think these machines look good and have a great art package, but the prices are absurd. And I sure don't see the $5k price difference in the LE and SLE. Looks to me like all you are paying extra for is bragging rights. There sure isn't $5k of upgrades.

It's called a Veblen good.

#4308 7 years ago

Amazing and I congratulate all SLE owners who bought what is most likely a grail pin for themselves, at 80 or 200 who cares, it looks beautiful, look forward to playing this.

#4309 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I am sure they will, those are pre production machines

Don't worry... when it comes to Stern, their spelling mistakes usually aren't that noticeable, anyway...

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 1.46.54 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-13 at 1.46.54 PM (resized).png

#4310 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Here.. fixed that picture for ya...

I had to look three times to see what you did there.

Cash grab indeed. Very sad where this hobby is going.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if JJP announced their Lawlor game is $6999 tonight? Stern would be shitting themselves.

#4311 7 years ago

There are a lot of dopey hypocrites on here that will scream about what a great value a $10k TronLe is at the same time.

Or an 11k AC/DC Bible.

I'll take my BM66LE and know Lyman will make it great

It will be interesting to compare and contrast with Lawlors game and that pricing.

I won't be getting one no matter what. JJP will have 3 different LE versions at 1000 each

#4312 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There are a lot of dopey hypocrites on here that will scream about what a great value a $10k TronLe is at the same time.
Or an 11k AC/DC Bible.
I'll take my BM66LE and know Lyman will make it great
It will be interesting to compare and contrast with Lawlors game and that pricing.
I won't be getting one no matter what. JJP will have 3 different LE versions at 1000 each

I thought you had bailed on Stern recently.

Good to see you back in form.

#4313 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Wouldn't it be wonderful if JJP announced their Lawlor game is $6999 tonight? Stern would be shitting themselves.

Agreed.

#4314 7 years ago

I'll say this again and you know it's true

If Stern priced this pin at $8500 street with that topper you'd have people street brawling to grab as many of the 240 LEs they could get their hands on

One reason only. Flip it to make a quick $1k. Am I wrong?

That's the worst part of hobby and why I'm paying more now. Can you blame Stern?

Next up Jjp. Whatcha got for us

#4315 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't think they would at all, I'm looking forward to seeing JJP#3 but its no threat to Stern, JJP is not even close to Stern as a company yet.

#4316 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I thought you had bailed on Stern recently.
Good to see you back in form.

Love BM66 still don't like the sleazy practices that they all do!

#4317 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If Stern priced this pin at $8500 street with that topper

I'd probably head down to the bank and apply for one of those reverse mortgages.

#4318 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm curious what the cards on the apron are from or are meant to represent.

George Gomez said its an actual topps trading card that can be removed if you want to read the back. Some will be landscape orientation some will be portrait. The first 500 games built will be signed by Adam West so im assumimg all SLE an LE games will have them then whatever is left goes to the premiums.

#4319 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd probably head down to the bank and apply for one of those reverse mortgages.

The Fonze did.......

CELEBS-jumbo (resized).jpgCELEBS-jumbo (resized).jpg

#4320 7 years ago

Haha, this looks wonderfully campy.

#4321 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

The Fonze did.......

He wants his Nip-It back.

#4322 7 years ago

How to stop people from flipping pins like GBLE quit making limited edition have a striped down pro and premium they have optional upgrades like art packages, glass Trans, invisiglass, armor etc

#4323 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If Stern priced this pin at $8500 street with that topper you'd have people street brawling to grab as many of the 240 LEs they could get their hands on
That's the worst part of hobby and why I'm paying more now. Can you blame Stern?

Yep. We are our own worst enemies. It's the collectors that allowed this situation to get out of control. Stern is just capitalizing on it. I'm not saying that I necessarily condone their price gouging, but it's kind of hard to blame them.

#4324 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

No. Much of the game has been changed. New ramp on the left, stupid Joker can removed, replaced with rotating gadgets and LCD screen.
We'll find out more when flyer is released.

Aside from the reskin and removal of the teeter totter, seems like a moderate BDK reskin. What does the crane have to do with any of the vintage batman episodes? Nothing. It was the best (only?) liked feature of BDK, but that's it. Sticks out like a sore thumb on a Batman '66 theme.

#4325 7 years ago

For 15K I will find a BBB.

Sorry there is nothing on that machine that Justifies 15k even the fact that there are only 80 and will possibly have a different backglass and art changes on each.

#4326 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can you blame Stern?

No, we all blame JJP for current prices.

#4327 7 years ago

This $5 batsignal shown below and the hotwheels batmobile, boat, cycle, and batcopter are on the SLE version. So all easy mods to make your own ghetto SLE.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0762445262/ref=mp_s_a_1_3

182c89444753a77fd45f6c8eba6a7f15ca73c1a3 (resized).jpg182c89444753a77fd45f6c8eba6a7f15ca73c1a3 (resized).jpg

#4328 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

And I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned that this really is a dark knight ve.

I said this before the pictures and videos were released. It doesn't take a genius to realize it was going to be a BDK VE. And Stern is asking for how much for this game?

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 1.06.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-13 at 1.06.42 PM (resized).png

#4329 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Anyone else noticed that all of the bat signals look different on the game? Not very consistent.

Probably cause they used 4 artists instead of 1 or 2 max. more artists means more artistic styles - where one style is king - if you get it right. Too many bat signals shown if you ask me. Should have used one in right rear of playfield and one on topper. No need to paste them all over.

#4330 7 years ago

Does anyone have a feature matrix showing the differences between the 3 models? Is the premium the same as the others without the bling? Is the playfield toys the same etc?

#4331 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Next up Jjp. Whatcha got for us

Gary gotta eat, 1000 hamburgers. Yes I can blame them, it is sad. For that money we at least deserve a machine designed from the ground up.

#4332 7 years ago

People who keep claiming this is a BDK VE are likely Ironman owners who claim Austin Powers is shitty game.

#4333 7 years ago

Probably if they didn't have a 500 limit on GBLE people would have hung back and waited to see the code progression

I mean XMLE sold *mainly* because there were no premium and so people got scared if they missed it, could be like missing Bible or Tron LE. The threat of scarcity helps goose sales.

Also if they threaten to not release a premium that's another tactic Stern has employed or have a horrendously ugly premium option.

Stern wrote the book on sales tactics

Also I'd hope that small LCD is interactive like tspp or TH not just video loops.

#4334 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Sorry there is nothing on that machine that Justifies 15k even the fact that there are only 80 and will possibly have a different backglass and art changes on each.

Nothing that justifies it to you, I just watched another video and the cab art on the head is some kind of raised plastic in spots, who knows what else is extra for sure as it does say these are production games so while I doubt it will reach 5K worth of a difference I also don't care, Geez are you guys the same bunch who would key a Ferrari because you can't afford one , I can't and feel nothing but admiration and envy towards all those who can, don't buy it.

#4335 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

For 15K I will find a BBB.

Ever play BBB - I bet BM66 is way more fun.
BBB is way over hyped due to limited availability - really nice looking machine, but it just is not that much fun to play at all.

#4336 7 years ago

Every play BBB - I bet BM66 is way more fun.

Most likely true.

#4337 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

George Gomez said its an actual topps trading card

Ha!

How ironic...

#4338 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Aside from the reskin and removal of the teeter totter, seems like a moderate BDK reskin. What does the crane have to do with any of the vintage batman episodes? Nothing. It was the best (only?) liked feature of BDK, but that's it. Sticks out like a sore thumb on a Batman '66 theme.

Again, like I said earlier, the crappy Joker coffee can is gone, replaced by a rotating platform that will provide different interaction. Code changes no doubt along with that.

A decent change from TDK. Not a quick re-skin like Spiderman.

And I have no issues with the crane staying. Of course it has to be there. It's a great toy.

#4339 7 years ago

As an LE buyer, I'm happy with what I've seen so far. Considering that so many people in this thread are wailing about the price, the game's TDK backbone, etc, I'm interested to know how many LE buyers are unhappy they bought already or will ask for refunds from those distributors who offer them. I just want to know if all of the complaining is from people who didn't buy or never intended to buy for whatever reason, or are there a lot of unhappy BM66 purchasers out there.

Angry Old Man (resized).jpgAngry Old Man (resized).jpg

#4340 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The premium art reminds me of Austin Powers, it's like they took two unloved games (BDK and Austin Powers) and combined them into one, doubling the price, lol.

Tripling*

#4341 7 years ago

Ever play BBB - I bet BM66 is way more fun.
BBB is way over hyped due to limited availability - really nice looking machine, but it just is not that much fun to play at all.

Well, I will say that BBB is a much better player than BDK. So that being said, we will see how BM66 plays.

#4342 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm interested to know how many LE buyers are unhappy they bought already or will ask for refunds from those distributors who offer them.

I'm gonna say zero.

#4343 7 years ago

Funny how different opinions can be when it comes to art. Lots of love for this one, but it's definitely not for me. Tomdotcom's picture that he posted earlier sums it up nicely.

Messages Image(3836515410) (resized).pngMessages Image(3836515410) (resized).png

#4344 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What does the crane have to do with any of the vintage batman episodes? Nothing. It was the best (only?) liked feature of BDK, but that's it. Sticks out like a sore thumb on a Batman '66 theme.

Ummm.....I'm honestly trying to remember what a crane has to do with the batman movies, and I cannot think of anything. Is it really just there begins Scarcrow's name is "crane?" I mean that's not exactly a compelling link to begin with

#4345 7 years ago

They got Catwoman right, so all is right with the world.

Catwoman-01-640x474 (resized).jpgCatwoman-01-640x474 (resized).jpg

#4346 7 years ago

So, I'm not in on this (yet) for the simple reason I'm still waiting on my GB Premium and RZ. I wasn't sure what to expect since I watched all the shows growing up, but hey there wasn't much on. It's not like these are my favorite shows of all time.

After seeing the pics, they did a great job on the theme, colors, art etc. Since the only one I could possibly get now is the premium (later after I sell something else and save up money) I'm curious to see if it truly has everything the LE has. If it's stripped down in any form for gameplay then I would never buy it on prinicpal (would make it a PRO right?). If it's the exact same on gameplay and if that gameplay looks great later with solid code this could be a fun game.

I won't make a decision until after I get my other games and see how all this shakes out. Oh and Stern really needs to sell the topper as an addon for the premiums. That just looks great...

#4347 7 years ago
Quoted from Potus:

What are the prices?

I think $7600, $9600 and $15,000. Correct me if I'm wrong.

#4348 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm gonna say zero.

This guy is happy

Now, IF you assume that the minute you open the box on this LE it drops immediately to $8500 on the secondary market because a 240 LE pin is so "overpriced" then everybody else better start grabbing ankles because it's all relative

The rest of our shit is going down too

And you had 400 people who wanted an SLE at that price

Do you price policemen really think demand ain't gonna be there on the secondary market

Better think again

#4349 7 years ago

so, I have never played TDK, but comparing the images side by side there really is not much of a difference. Is this really how Stern is marking their 30 years, with a a rehash of a generally unpopular game. Very minimal effort, no original art, a few toys anyone can buy from amazon, and a 20 dollar lcd thrown in. I have pretty much bought into all things stern, but this one bites my bat nuts.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.