• Halle Barry 155 votes
    42%
  • Lee Meriwether 169 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 49 votes
    13%

(373 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 142.
#351 1 year ago

Stern has Lyman.

Repeat to infinity......

#352 1 year ago

Will Stern still go on to build pros? If yes, would they have LCD? What about operators, can they monetize these premium machines If no pros available in the future?

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Stern noticed what premiums people were paying for resold NIB GBLE's, so they are probably using this machine as a test with limited LE numbering and controlling the supply more to see if they can sell at higher prices, in less volume. This will be interesting to say the least.

Correct, if enthusiasts are aware what is going on in the industry.

"Super LE" is just another meaning for the same thing as the original LE.
"LE" is just another meaning for premium.
"Premium" will be just an upgraded Pro with LEDs.
"Pro" is whatever is determined people will accept with with reduced features, which keep getting cut.
The list is very long now, but most don't even know what was removed.

SMVE is a good example, however of what buyers were bamboozled with overall.
It is a 9 year old license pro game with a new art package, some different dots and sounds, for another bump of $2000.
Most original SM have stayed fairly consistent in value in comparison to other titles based on interest.
It should never have been at the same level of cost as a current premium game.

You can change a name of anything to make it "more exciting", but it is still the same game.

As long as people keep throwing money at manufacturers, "teepee for my bunghole" methodology will continue.
If a person wants to complain about prices whether NIB or used secondary market, look in the mirror.
People are pricing themselves right out of the hobby now, across the world.
Just read the multiple posts in this thread, ludicrous, even if a person is talking out of their a$$.
I just no longer have empathy in these situations to help with regarding education.
"The only way some people learn is by getting burned."

The market is churning, making butter, and eventually will be overchurned into something else that is very sour.

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Will Stern still go on to build pros? If yes, would they have LCD? What about operators, can they monetize these premium machines If no pros available in the future?

If they can get more monies out of eliminating the pro they will do it; but I don't see it happening (not that I know anything).

Do they have the man power to produce both dots & video for the screens? If they do, I think they would do that as the perceived value increase in the video would increase prices for higher models. But I have no idea.

#355 1 year ago

HA HHAA MY FRIENDS!! Just this minute,i talked with my rep.Eric,at Gameroomguys! People,i just Cancelled my GB/PRe,and JUST BOUGHT a Batman 66.LE!!! WOHOOO! Ghostbusters was a test pin for the Spike system,developed for THIS PIN!! Eric told me we have never seen anything like this before,AND I"M IN!!BATMAN66 Club,here we are!! Eric ALSO told me that tha SLE's are only given to Gary Sterns personal friends for sale! Eric has 1LE left,delivery,late November,Christmas for the PRe'sOH,by the way October for the GB/PRes I finally got the goody first!!

#356 1 year ago

The dumb and dumber images should be posted here instead of MMr threads

#357 1 year ago

My prediction, Stern will make a VE/LE of Tron with LCD and color changing inserts and (better) than the Tron LE toys/art and sell it for an even $10k MSRP $9K street price.image (resized).jpeg

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Correct, if enthusiasts are aware what is going on in the industry.
"Super LE" is just another meaning for the same thing as the original LE.
"LE" is just another meaning for premium.
"Pro" is whatever is determined people will accept with with reduced features, which keep getting cut.
The list is very long now, but most don't even know what was removed.
You can change a name of anything to make it "more exciting", but it is still the same game.
As long as people keep throwing money, "teepee for my bunghole" methodology will continue.
If a person wants to complain about prices whether NIB or used secondary market, look in the mirror.
People are pricing themselves right out of the hobby now, across the world.
The market is churning, making butter, and eventually will be overchurned into something else that is very sour.

If the "Pro" name goes, so does the stripped models.

Premium is not going to become the new stripped model.

Just more bling as you go up the scale. No more differences under the glass.

Unless the "Pro" name stays. Then it's status quo, albeit with a LCD screen.

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern has Lyman.
Repeat to infinity......

He may be good, or the best Stern have, but he's pumped up way too much here.

Let's take a look at his last 3 games:

AC/DC - interesting modes. terribly, terribly unbalanced scoring. bugs. been waiting an age for rebalancing and fixes.

Metallica - good all round. essentially finished.

Star Trek - responsible for re-doing the ST modes / code. Made it much better, but has been left with several game breaking bugs and numerous other irritating ones. been waiting an age for final polish and fixes.

Are we really saying that he's done better with recent games than the likes of WOZ, Full Throttle, Hobbit or even BOP 2.0?

#360 1 year ago

2 LCD screens,1 for the backboard,1 for the Bat Computer!

#361 1 year ago

Man, I drifted away from Pinside for a few months, coming back I'm really surprised at the endless insults, ridicule and general obnoxiousness going on.

Damn.

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

If the "Pro" name goes, so does the stripped models.
Premium is not going to become the new stripped model.
Just more bling as you go up the scale. No more differences under the glass.
Unless the "Pro" name stays. Then it's status quo, albeit with a LCD screen.

Market price testing and basic game functionality feature reduction is not over.
I am not talking exclusively about game specific features, but how a pinball machine is BUILT and OPERATED.
Stern pulled back their 3/4 "mini" home pin concept with Xmen.
There is a new direction in development now.

WATCH.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Man, I drifted away from Pinside for a few months, coming back I'm really surprised at the endless insults, ridicule and general obnoxiousness going on.
Damn.

Welcome to the lounge

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

AC/DC - interesting modes. terribly, terribly unbalanced scoring. bugs. been waiting an age for rebalancing and fixes.
Star Trek - responsible for re-doing the ST modes / code. Made it much better, but has been left with several game breaking bugs and numerous other irritating ones. been waiting an age for final polish and fixes.
Are we really saying that he's done better with recent games than the likes of WOZ, Full Throttle, Hobbit or even BOP 2.0?

Lyman not on ST that was Sullivan who stepped in to clean it up.

You forgot TWD

#365 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

terribly, terribly unbalanced scoring. bugs.

What game are you playing? lol

#366 1 year ago

Market price testing and basic game functionality feature reduction is not over.
I am not talking exclusively about game specific features, but how a pinball machine is BUILT and OPERATED.
WATCH.

Is it gonna be a system like Heighway's? They pretty much have that already with Spike. Code off a USB. Just pop in a playfield and go. Generic cabinet. It actually could be a good system.

I've also heard they are making VR pinball. Maybe Stern invests a chunk of money into making that system operate with better physics and graphics. Sell a system like this guy made with online multiplayer.

#367 1 year ago

WATCH.

I repeat my previous statement.

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Star Trek was coded by Lonnie and his team, then polished later by Dwight.

Lyman was not involved in Star Trek in any away.

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Damn.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Welcome to the lounge

Welcome.. to the desert...of the real.

desert.gif

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

HA HHAA MY FRIENDS!! Just this minute,i talked with my rep.Eric,at Gameroomguys! People,i just Cancelled my GB/PRe,and JUST BOUGHT a Batman 66.LE!!! WOHOOO! Ghostbusters was a test pin for the Spike system,developed for THIS PIN!! Eric told me we have never seen anything like this before,AND I"M IN!!BATMAN66 Club,here we are!! Eric ALSO told me that tha SLE's are only given to Gary Sterns personal friends for sale! Eric has 1LE left,delivery,late November,Christmas for the PRe'sOH,by the way October for the GB/PRes I finally got the goody first!!

So.... whats the price?

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

So.... whats the price?

1st rule of batman club

#372 1 year ago

Relax pro fans! I don't see any reason to fret about the pro going away. This game strikes me as a special release focused upon the the collector or in home segment. If anything, Stern probably underestimated how popular this theme would be and left 200 LEs on the table. I don't know that Adam West's batman would appeal to youth in today's arcades anyway. So no one needs to flatline over not having a pro in this particular instance.

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Star Trek was coded by Lonnie and his team, then polished later by Dwight.
Lyman was not involved in Star Trek in any away.

Got confused when he said he was aware of the bugs in ST and they were being worked on.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Enough with the "no pros" nonsense. This is one title, marketed at collectors. There's another game this year, it will have a Pro.

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

You're funny.

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Enough with the "no pros" nonsense. This is one title, marketed at collectors. There's another game this year, it will have a Pro.

It seems like that game is more likely to ship in January or February. BM66 is supposed to start shipping in late Nov.

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's another game this year, it will have a Pro.

Is there time? Flyer says Batman '66 goes into production in November.

#378 1 year ago

Sniff Sniff, smells like a VE with a premium LE SUPER price.......

#379 1 year ago

Let's not forget Lyman on TWD. One of best pins ever.

#380 1 year ago

I never saw this episode. . .

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Is there time? Flyer says Batman '66 goes into production in November.

Expo might be interesting

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Expo might be interesting

Dream on, I'm too jaded to fall for that crazy story. Walk this way, and I'll show you a dude who look like a lady. Hurry, you don't wanna miss a thing.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's another game this year, it will have a Pro.

If this happen, I'll owe you a can of coke.

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've also heard they are making VR pinball.

For me, they would have to completely invent a brand new type of pinball to work in VR, and I'm afraid it would be too little like real pinball to interest me (Of course I'm not a game designer).
The whole point of VR is, shit I hate to even utter the word, obviously that's it's totally immersive. The games right now are very basic games, the only reason you're playing them is because of the VR world they create. Now, putting on all the VR and spending all the monies to play a pinball machine...not worth it by a mile, so what are they going to invent to change that?
Am I "in" the machine? Am I the pinball? I'm I the flippers that move in a 360 degree world/table? That's my disconnect, that's where it's seems more like a video game and fun for a minute but not a hobby.

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If this happen, I'll owe you a can of coke.

I think he would prefer a bag of coke.

#386 1 year ago

Whoa whoa William Holden just show up here or what

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I think he would prefer a bag of coke.

I get my shit south of the border!

#388 1 year ago

If it's on a Stern play field then it will be the first LCD screen ever to have ghosting.

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

30 Super LE's at $30k a piece! I mean hell why not..only 30 peeps in the world will have one. Just do it cuz you can Stern!

Not exclusive enough for my taste but for some it's going to be fabulous! I'd prefer to see a run of UBER Super LE's that were limitied to 10 machines. Maybe price them at $100k and I'd be a buyer of a 1 / 10 UBER Super LE. Provided it was kick-ass in every way. (Hello Kitty theme won't count, sorry).

#390 1 year ago

I wish we could have arrived at a better term than "ghosting" for the playfield problems. "Ghosting" has always been insert bulbs being partially lit when they shouldn't be. How about "coat cracks"? Or "clearcuts"? Yeah, I'm not gonna change the world here, but had to say it.

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Yes. What you call 'unbalanced' others call 'goals to hit'. Scoring doesn't need to be linear (See GOT, GB, etc)

Whatever bugs you may say are in AC/DC or ST.. neither has pulled the game from being playable and usable for competition.

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from scottslash:

I wish we could have arrived at a better term than "ghosting" for the playfield problems. "Ghosting" has always been insert bulbs being partially lit when they shouldn't be. How about "coat cracks"? Or "clearcuts"? Yeah, I'm not gonna change the world here, but had to say it.

insert issues predate LED issues by a long long time

#393 1 year ago

Just wait until Expo reveal is like ST... 'here is the game in the corner you can look at but not play or touch!'

That would go over so well

#394 1 year ago

I waiting for the "Super-Duper" LE. I hear you get a personal call from Gary Stern himself inviting you to blow your money.

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I waiting for the "Super-Duper" LE. I hear you get a personal call from Gary Stern himself inviting you to blow your money.

With a $2000 deposit he may even give you a handshake and a smile.

#396 1 year ago

Thats why,next year at PAGG,hopefully ,if the board ok's it,Hawkmoon's Hangout,will have my TAFG,full gold cab.many mods,ST/PRe,heavily modded,Batman 66 for all to see,and if i can convince some others here to display their modded PRe's,and vault pins also! This area will be fully monitored for those heavy metal Western belt buckles,and other things that destroy a pin!So,you can play a new,modded pin,you might not ever get a chance to play!!

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I get my shit south of the border!

I get the same shit at Costco.

#398 1 year ago

YES,Khabbi,but your not on the call list

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Gary Stern himself inviting you to blow your money.

or something else

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

My prediction, Stern will make a VE/LE of Tron with LCD and color changing inserts and (better) than the Tron LE toys/art and sell it for an even $10k MSRP $9K street price.

Sign me the f@&k up for that. Prepay? They can draft my account on official announcement day 1

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 179.99
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside