PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 142.
#3651 7 years ago

First post of this thread. Bottom of the flyer.

#3652 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I am looking through the press released, the they mentioned 240 units for LE, but never mentioned the SLE amount. Was it ever written by them, or was the information 'leaked out' so they could change the number like they have depending on demand?
Cannot find the number 30 on their application website either, but the word document is gone so cannot check that.
Can anyone found it written by them
Press release
---------
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL – September 15, 2016 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball machines, proudly announced today the availability of its highly anticipated Batman ‘66 Anniversary Edition pinball machine.
Stern Pinball is celebrating its 30th year in business and the 50th anniversary of the iconic American TV series with an Anniversary Edition pinball machine featuring the world famous “Dynamic Duo” of Batman and Robin. The game will immerse players in campy fun and heart-pounding action as the crime fighting Dynamic Duo comes to the aid of the Gotham City Police. Throughout the game, Batman and Robin work to deduce clues and discover super villain plots in an effort to thwart evil plans and capture bad guys. Players are guided through the game by the voices of none other than the original Batman and Robin, Adam West and Burt Ward.
A Hall of Fame pinball development team created the all new Anniversary Edition machine. The project was inspired by Joe Kaminkow of Ka-Pow Pinball and spearheaded by Stern Pinball product development chief, George Gomez, who, along with renowned programmer, Lyman Sheats, brought the game to life.
In addition to the fun title and game experience, the machine features a full color high definition display replacing the dot matrix display. In conjunction with Stern’s new SPIKE-2 electronic pinball platform, the display enables high definition graphics and innovative animations. This enables the game to feature actual TV footage from the iconic series. The game includes a second high definition display on the playfield as part of an interactive game feature.
"We are very proud to celebrate our 30th year in business by making a 50th anniversary Batman ‘66 game in collaboration with our good friend, Joe Kaminkow. Joe, who was instrumental in starting Stern Pinball 30 years ago and served as our company’s very first game designer, is now one of the gaming industry’s leaders,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc.
Pricing and Availability:
The Batman ‘66 Anniversary Edition pinball machine will be available in Premium, Limited Edition, and Super Limited Edition models. The company has no current plans to produce a Pro model.
In celebration of Stern Pinball’s 30th anniversary and Batman’s 50th anniversary, Stern Pinball will build a Super Limited Edition model. The Super Limited Edition model also includes a one-of-kind art package plus multiple translites, a unique included topper and accessories package, and a high-fidelity 3-channel audio system that is three times more powerful than audio systems of previous generations. The Super Limited Edition model will be allocated by invitation and through an application process open to pinball collectors. Collectors can apply for a Super Limited Edition model by completing and submitting an application located at http://www.Batman66Application.com. Applications are due by 11:59 pm CST on September 30, 2016.
The Limited Edition model will be offered in two series of 120 games each. Each game in the first series will be named for one of the 120 episodes of the television show. Each game in the second series will be named for one of the iconic “bat gadgets” used in the series. In total, only 240 Limited Edition machines will be produced.
All purchasers who make a deposit on their game will also receive a VIP invitation to an exclusive “meet and greet” with Batman (Adam West) at the Westin Chicago North Shore Hotel in Wheeling, Illinois during the weekend of Chicago’s Pinball Expo.
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price:
Premium Model: $US 8,599
Limited Edition Model: $US 9,999
Super Limited Edition Model: $US 14,999
The Premium and Limited Edition models of the Batman ‘66 Anniversary Edition pinball game will be available through authorized Stern Pinball distributors and dealers around the world. Please contact your distributor or dealer for more information. The Super Limited Edition model will be available direct from Stern Pinball.
About Stern Pinball, Inc.
Stern Pinball, Inc., headquartered just outside Chicago, Illinois, is the oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games in the world. Stern’s highly talented creative and technical teams design, engineer and manufacture a full line of popular pinball games, merchandise and accessories. Recent Stern titles include Ghostbusters, Spider-Man Vault Edition, Game of Thrones, KISS, WWE WrestleMania, The Walking Dead, Mustang, Star Trek, Metallica, The Avengers, X-Men, AC/DC, Tron, Transformers, Avatar, Iron Man and many more! All of Stern’s pinball games are crafted by hand and assembled by Stern’s expert team. A broad range of players enjoy Stern’s games from professional pinball players that compete in high-stakes international competitions around the globe to novice players who are discovering the allure of the silver ball for the first time. To join the fun and learn more, please visit http://www.sternpinball.com.
All trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.

Well it does say it right at the bottom of the flyer that was posted by GAP. I think that flyer was on Stern's facebook as well.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3653 7 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Never saw the old batman show
So I am out on this one

Its not very good, I tried to watch it and it didn't last long, most of these guys grew up with so it has sentimental value with the emphasis on mental

#3654 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

But now that I know they've gone from 30 to 80 machines, I'm feeling great about my decision to drop out of the Super LE.

Where/when was this mentioned?

#3655 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

What if they suddenly decide to make another 240 LE's ?

If that happens, I drop my LE order in a heartbeat.....guaranteed....I will get a definitive answer from someone at the show, and call my distro immediately if the case....don't give a shit how the game plays or looks at that point.

LE's sold out, and there was a wait list, with many distributors not even able to get one. This is what I was told, read, and believed. Time to change the story is not AFTER people put 2k down......I'll just believe this is more Pinside BS, and ignore until next week.....

#3656 7 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Where/when was this mentioned?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/73#post-3387486

Click on the link and play the interview with Gary Stern. Skip to 21 minutes

#3657 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

First post of this thread. Bottom of the flyer.

Whoops, Yeah you are right

That promo flyer is not on their Facebook i just checked. They could deny that its official because it wasn't posted by them. BUT
The guy running Facebook said it was 30 multiple times. Check picture

Don't think people that applied will be happy about this but I guess Stern can do whatever they want, since they haven't taken deposits for the SLE. Doesn't mean people will be happy about it though

Screenshot 2016-10-10 10.34.13 (resized).pngScreenshot 2016-10-10 10.34.13 (resized).png

#3658 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Don't think people that applied will be happy about this but I guess Stern can do whatever they want, since they haven't taken deposits for the SLE. Doesn't mean people will be happy about it though

Gomez told me they had WAY more than the 30 people apply. Seems to me they've called an audible at the line.

Omaha!!

#3659 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If that happens, I drop my LE order in a heartbeat.....guaranteed....I will get a definitive answer from someone at the show, and call my distro immediately if the case....don't give a shit how the game plays or looks at that point.
LE's sold out, and there was a wait list, with many distributors not even able to get one. This is what I was told, read, and believed. Time to change the story is not AFTER people put 2k down......I'll just believe this is more Pinside BS, and ignore until next week.....

The interview is with Gary stern and he says explicitely that there will be 80 SLE's. On the flyer is definately only 30 SLE's. That is what I think is BS and therefore I would not be surprised if they decided to also make more LE's. But that last comment comes solely from me as I think I also made clear in my original post and comes from being a little pi..ed off that they suddenly drop the fact that they are making more SLE's than announced.

#3660 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

The interview is with Gary stern and he says explicitely that there will be 80 SLE's. On the flyer is definately only 30 SLE's. That is what I think is BS and therefore I would not be surprised if they decided to also make more LE's. But that last comment comes solely from me as I think I also made clear in my original post and comes from being a little pi..ed off that they suddenly drop the fact that they are making more SLE's than announced.

I just posted on their site to see if they could provide clarity....

#3661 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I just posted on their site to see if they could provide clarity....

Enjoy your ban.

#3662 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Enjoy your ban.

1c26ej (resized).jpg1c26ej (resized).jpg

#3663 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You and me both.

Going from 30 to 80 is Jpop MG style. Bunch of BS. Stick to your F ing word.

#3664 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You and me both.
Going for 30 to 80 is Jpop MG style. Bunch of BS. Stick to your F ing word.

The irony of it is that Gary says exactly that: "We are very strict with our numbers" and the interviewer agrees...

#3666 7 years ago

Wow there is a topper on the SLE. That's worth the $15k alone!

#3667 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Enjoy your ban.

Still in visitorland for now...we will see...

#3668 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

80 SLE's now? What?
A different class? Super Duper LE's 30, Super LE's 50 and LE's 240
30, 1 for each year of Stern existence and 50, 1 for the 50th year anniversary of BM.
Gary says the $15 very well worth it.

If they are upping the number of SLEs then they are no longer so special so they need to lower the price. Otherwise, without lowering the price it is just a further bilking of the customers.

#3669 7 years ago

This is getting funnier by the day.

Is anyone that wants an sle and gets #31 to #80 really getting the super or just an extension?

What a trainwreck.

#3670 7 years ago

They replied to my post on facebook saying an announcement regarding the SLEs would be made this upcoming week. Don't know if they will make it early in the week or at Expo. It was never specified.

#3671 7 years ago

Stern has replied that there will only be 240LE's made....I'll choose to believe them.....

They also commented on the VIP meet and greet ( process for wristbands on a flyer posted)

Good info for us, I believe...

My responses are on the site....can't seem to copy, paste from their website on my iPad

#3672 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Stern has replied that there will only be 240LE's made....I'll choose to believe them.....
They also commented on the VIP meet and greet ( process for wristbands on a flyer posted)
Good info for us, I believe...
My responses are on the site....can't seem to copy, paste from their website on my iPad

I'm going to wait for the Vault on this one.

#3673 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

This is getting funnier by the day.
Is anyone that wants an sle and gets #31 to #80 really getting the super or just an extension?
What a trainwreck.

If they were smart they would just say 80 game limited edition on the plaque like BSM so the buyers never know.

#3674 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I'm going to wait for the Vault on this one.

Meh....I don't think they do VE's on LE's, but that's the great thing about our hobby...we can buy what we want...hopefully, they make a model that suits everyone...

#3675 7 years ago

This is getting ridiculous. They can't help themselves.

#3676 7 years ago

Clearly a lot of guys on here aren't enthused about the looks of their spouses/girlfriends.

#3677 7 years ago

Who cares if Stern has raised the SLE's to 80? Isn't that great for all the fans of this show who really want the best version of the pin? Isn't it possible Stern was flooded with requests to make more and willing customers who have no problem paying that much for what must be a grail pin to them? I don't understand what the issue is, If they were making a must have title for me and I missed out on the SLE version but now I could buy one it be nothing but good news, if this is because of prices then I'm sorry but that's crap, don't buy it.

#3678 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This is Stern.

Are you surprised?!!

#3679 7 years ago

Wow, just wow! Surely this is a problem in communication, lost in translation kind of thing. Going from 30 to 80 SLEs would cause Yellowstone to blow. I've tried to keep an open mind on this title so far, but if the increase is true........dang-the-ding-dong-dang! WTF are the 240 LEs about, double dipping the money trough?

#3680 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You disagreed with my post but I would like to hear a valid reason, why is it a problem to increase the amount of SLE's?

#3681 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You disagreed but I would like to hear a valid reason, why is it a problem to increase the amount of SLE's?

Geez.
If you don't understand why it's not cool then you aren't going to understand the explanation.

#3682 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Geez.
If you don't understand why it's not cool then you aren't going to understand the explanation.

Try me.

#3683 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You disagreed with my post but I would like to hear a valid reason, why is it a problem to increase the amount of SLE's?

Really? You can't see the issue in Stern asking a ridiculous price for a game based solely on it being a "Super Limited Edition" (Sterns term not mine), specify a number of 30 units, and then increasing the amount available by 160%? But keeping the price the same?

The $5000 premium is only because of the "Super" Limited nature of the game.

#3684 7 years ago

Went from Super Limited Edition to Super expanded by more then double not so Limited Edition.

#3685 7 years ago

IMG_20161009_093326 (resized).jpgIMG_20161009_093326 (resized).jpg

#3686 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Really? You can't see the issue in Stern asking a ridiculous price for a game based solely on it being a "Super Limited Edition" (Sterns term not mine), specify a number of 30 units, and then increasing the amount available by 160%? But keeping the price the same?

So the super LE is the same as the LE with the exception of the title? I didn't know that, if thats the case then yeah its crap but then why would anyone buy one for the plaque? doesn't make sense, you see this is all coming down to money and future value I guess, I find that to be foolish, if the demand is there and people are willing to pay a premium no matter what the increased percentage then why not make them?

#3687 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

1) If I had already paid $15k for an SLE and they decided to up it to 80 total then I'd be a bit upset. Like Kim said, some of the best things are the ones that never happened. He made the right choice dropping out of that SLE

2) Now I'm considering dropping out of the LE. Since there is so much demand I'm sure somebody can step right in line. I'm not going to expo so no "meet and greet" for me

More and more people getting turned off by such things? I don't know. We'll see, karma is a bitch.

#3688 7 years ago

If you can ignore the price rises, the drip feed reveal, The paying before seeing etc. This is part of the reason people are pissed off.

But if you look at the SLE just in isolation. If you saw you are going to sell 30 pinballs at an inflated price.... The people are buying them to be apart of an inclusive club. 30 people. A special version of the pin but you have to pay up. You are not paying 5k extra for 5k of value. You are paying 5k for rarity.

If you then almost triple the amount of pins you are making then what are you saying to those customers?
You are basically saying "f**k you. We underestimated demand and don't want to give up 750k usd in sales so we are making more"
Gary stern says they are great with numbers and won't make 81 with such a smug arrogance in his voice. What about your word Garry? Does it not mean anything? No accountability.

He has done great things for pinball but his final act is to bend you and your wallet over and take you for all you are worth.

If they can get away with this with such a nothing title (yes I know batman is cool but literally no one was talking about batman 66 before the announcement) then what hope do we have for a strong title? Star wars?

#3689 7 years ago

When I bought a TWDLE they told us they weren't going to make a premium on that game.

So that drove people to jump on the LE. I was getting one anyhow so i didn't really care but its the same thing.

They have the right to do whatever they want and make as much $$$ as they can. It's those kind of actions, again and again, that might start to turn more people off.

#3690 7 years ago

I may be in on the LE... bcuz at this rate, the SuperLE may go from 80 to 400, in a week or two, making the LE more limited. just saying

#3691 7 years ago

My biggest problem with the Super LE, is that it removes the distributor from equation. How many WWE and KISS machines are they sitting on? Now they can't make a profit off of the Super LE.

#3692 7 years ago

Definitely a suspect call, for sure......machine is going to have to kick ass period, or the dominos will definitely fall.

This is why I'm holding on until I see it later this week......all this weird ( non Stern type) hype has me hoping they have gone the extra mile with this one.....we will see......

#3693 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Gary stern says they are great with numbers and won't make 81 with such a smug arrogance in his voice. What about your word Garry? Does it not mean anything? No accountability.

It seems to me Stern is trying to milk as much cash as they can, as quickly as they can, as if the end of the world was in sight, or as if they did not care establishing a long-term relationship with faithful customers. I guess that as long as there is a supply of new customers with deep pockets, their business model makes sense.

Disclaimer: My personal opinion of course. I would never have even considered buying a $15k Stern pin. Just found the idea ludicrous.

#3694 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

It seems to me Stern is trying to milk as much cash as they can, as quickly as they can, as if the end of the world was in sight, or as if they did not care establishing a long-term relationship with faithful customers.

They might also know that Pat's new game is going......to......kick.....ASS!

#3695 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

It seems to me Stern is trying to milk as much cash as they can, as quickly as they can, as if the end of the world was in sight, or as if they did not care establishing a long-term relationship with faithful customers. I guess that as long as there is a supply of new customers with deep pockets, their business model makes sense.
Disclaimer: My personal opinion of course. I would never have even considered to apply for a $15k Stern pin. Just found the idea ludicrous.

You can't blame them for seeing what they can get away with. But changing numbers as they go along is just another level of losing a customers trust.
They said they own 98 percent of the market so they can screw with customers for ages and it will have little impact on amount of pins shipped compared to everywhere else. That's the annoying part! It's not like everyone can just jump ship like there is something else new and available. You can argue about and alien and jjp but next year stern will have 3 more pins before jjp4 and heighway3 are ready to ship.

#3696 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Toppers go for $500 and a better sound system is $200.

Still waiting on your point.

#3697 7 years ago

First was a slap in the face to collectors by making the sle invite only.

Then the kick in the nuts came with the follow up "application" to buy, thus killing exclusivity.

Now the flick on the dick tip comes with almost tripling the number and killing rarity and credibility.

anyone buying stocks in ky jelly?

#3698 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

You are not paying 5k extra for 5k of value. You are paying 5k for rarity.

Well that's stupid and if there aren't any extra features to validate price out side of rarity and you buy one then you are a douchebag (not you the community in general) WTF? I've bought several LE's and it was because I wanted the best possible example of that pinball machine, I never once considered its rarity, who buys a game based on that? It's like BBB I like the pin but would never pay the going rate as the gameplay is nothing special to me so why would I, rarity? I'm not trying to defend Stern here and am well aware that its a shifty move but if the demand is there then why not?

#3699 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Shouldn't there be only 30 people in the world who care... if that's really what's happening?

It never ceases to amaze me how much energy people have to invest in *saving* other people... who may not even care.

It sounds to me like this other group is 'yet another edition' of the game. Not necessarily just expanding the 30...

#3700 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

They said they own 98 percent of the market

Interesting claim. Let's try to get an estimate of pins actually shipped by competitors since 2014

- 3000 WoZ ?
- a few hundreds hobbits
- 150 AMH
- 150 Rob Zombie (by the end of 2016)
- 50 TBL so far
- 4 Wooly, a few Nemos...
- did I forget something? Yes ! Full throttle (thanks Kim): say 100 by the end of the year?
(edit: MMr! But assembled in the Stern factory, right?)

Say 4,000 pins in total? Assuming this figure represents 2% of the market, it means 200,000 pins were sold in 3 years. Not a chance.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.