• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 142.
#3451 4 years ago

My inside mole has leaked that it is going to be a widebody.

fat-batman-04 (resized).jpg

#3452 4 years ago

Does that guy have the briefs on backwards? WTH? Frontbutt?

Anyway, I think it sucks that the meet & greet is 3-6pm at the hotel and the Alien/Heighway launch is at 4pm. The Alien launch is an Expo event, the Adam West gig is a Stern event. Poor form.

#3453 4 years ago

Wasn't the Alien launch originally on the EXPO schedule for Thursday at 8pm? It was changed to Friday at 4pm after the stern events were scheduled.

Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Does that guy have the briefs on backwards? WTH? Frontbutt?
Anyway, I think it sucks that the meet & greet is 3-6pm at the hotel and the Alien/Heighway launch is at 4pm. The Alien launch is an Expo event, the Adam West gig is a Stern event. Poor form.

#3454 4 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Could be even more confusion, as I believe the Alien reveal is going to happen Thursday evening at the twin Peaks party (?). Is this at the hotel as well? Think this might conflict w JJP3 reveal? Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Another thread?

This is my first Pinball show, and am not in tune to where the "parties, etc." will be. I definitely want to see all 3 titles (hopefully get a chance to flip at least a couple, as well).

#3455 4 years ago

If there is a Thursday evening Twin Peaks party for Heighway, it will likely be like last year, where the front party room of Twin Peaks was reserved. It's a short walk across the parking lot from the hotel. And yes, it will conflict with the 8pm JJP seminar/reveal. It stinks that everyone has conflicting parties/reveals/whatever scheduled at the same time as other manufacturers. I want it all. I don't want to have to choose.

#3456 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Agreed Doug. People believing that Stern is doing nothing to address issues are being naive.

Really, then why are people having to mylar the shooter lanes and around the ball trough or the clear is cracked and chipping within 200 games. Why have we seen pfs that are completely blown out within a few years. You never saw that in the past. Yes, after thousands of games where the clear just completely wears away. Not to mention the ghosting inserts that, yes he may swap out some PFs but never should have gone out in the first place and he is still sending them out. Come on man. You can pretend that Stern cares about quality and the games are the same quality as games of the past all you want but you know they are not. Every game Sterns chaps out somewhere and raises the price and you guys make excuses to go ahead and pull the trigger ON A 8-10 THOUSAND DOLLAR TOY. Im glad you guys can afford it, I cant but I still wouldn't buy them if I could because I don't believe they are worth it. This Batman thing is crazy. You guys are popping a blood vessel to buy a game that you haven't seen that I guarantee will be nothing more than a rehash of TDK. Gary Stern and Co are in their offices counting their money and laughing at you guys like Mr Crabs and figuring out ways to screw you harder

#3457 4 years ago

What if you go to the seminar at 8pm and go to the (if its happening) party at 9pm? Have it all! Last year the party ran for several hours and it was EXCELLENT. Thanks Andrew!

Quoted from ViolinSteve:

If there is a Thursday evening Twin Peaks party for Heighway, it will likely be like last year, where the front party room of Twin Peaks was reserved. It's a short walk across the parking lot from the hotel. And yes, it will conflict with the 8pm JJP seminar/reveal. It stinks that everyone has conflicting parties/reveals/whatever scheduled at the same time as other manufacturers. I want it all. I don't want to have to choose.

#3458 4 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

If you imagine what the politics behind the scenes at Expo are like with the various manufacturers and their size and clout you're probably imagining things exactly right. I agree, it sucks to have to choose, it's beyond stupid.

And yes, we know JJP's event is the same night as the Alien party at Twin Peaks, if you want to go to the JJP thing and then the party after I'm sure that will work fine.

#3459 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Gary Stern and Co are in their offices counting their money and laughing at you guys like Mr Crabs and figuring out ways to screw you harder

What fools they must be to think they could get away with something like that!

#3460 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you imagine what the politics behind the scenes at Expo are like with the various manufacturers and their size and clout you're probably imagining things exactly right. I agree, it sucks to have to choose, it's beyond stupid.

Yeah, now I also see the revised EXPO schedule today shows "Deep Dive into JJP Game #3" is at 8pm on Friday, while the Stern party is going on offsite. Brilliant!

Yes, beyond stupid!

#3461 4 years ago

Wish I was going this year, but I'll be the one online complaining how long it is taking everyone to upload their videos and podcasts. Biggest conflict is Fri night, yet since you can only be in one place at a time, no matter where you chose to go, it should be rewarding.

Thur
8pm JJP#3 reveal at Expo
10pm Heighway's Alien reveal closeby at Twin Peaks (expected start @ 8pm, maybe they will move it up to 6pm?)

Fri
3pm BM66 Meet & Greet (less than 200 invited) @ away hotel
4pm Alien Deep Dive at Expo
6pm LTG : ) Show at Expo
8pm JJP #3 Deep Dive at Expo
8pm Stern Party with BM66 @ away (need pre-purchased ticket)

bm66a (resized).jpg

#3462 4 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Yes, beyond stupid!

Not necessarily. Stern's Event is away from Expo and long sold out.

Plenty of people still at Expo that didn't care or didn't know about Stern's Event. So having something great to do at Expo is a good thing. And Pat's game is well worth seeing in depth, not all people are in town Thursday night to see the fireside chat.

And the Friday night Deep Dive may have things besides Pat's game.

So your cost of going to Expo doesn't go up, and you get even more to do. Way to go Mike and Jack !

LTG : )

#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not necessarily. Stern's Event is away from Expo and long sold out.
Plenty of people still at Expo that didn't care or didn't know about Stern's Event. So having something great to do at Expo is a good thing. And Pat's game is well worth seeing in depth, not all people are in town Thursday night to see the fireside chat.
And the Friday night Deep Dive may have things besides Pat's game.
So your cost of going to Expo doesn't go up, and you get even more to do. Way to go Mike and Jack !

But I want to do it all.
And I want to do it now.

#3464 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

And I want to do it now.

i want it now (resized).jpg

#3465 4 years ago

I didn't mean it was stupid the way it was set up, Lloyd. I just meant it was stupid that I have to make choices. I will be far too irresponsible next week to make any choices.

#3466 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You will have plenty of time to see hear and possibly play an LE before premiums are on the line. If you are on the fence this is a title worth waiting until the dust settles, you will have plenty of time before you will need to make a decision and pull the trigger.

Who is your distributor? If he is reputable and willing to go above and beyond to protect the interest of his customers that is a distro many pinsiders would like to know about. Inquiring minds want to know who is willing to back up the customer and who is sticking with backing Stern's redonkulous policy.

I think you misunderstand if you think Stern is trying to withhold deposit refunds as some sort of "policy". Several places where Jody, or another Stern spokesperson has said, the deposit, is just that. A deposit. It gets you into the meet and greet. I have not heard of any other way to get admissioin to the meet and greet. If you can't make it to the event, you get $ back - for me on a $500 premium deposit, that's the whole thing - IF I want out. For me, I'd likely just roll the $500 to next game - but I'm certain I could ask for the cash back. I'm saying also, that distributors could unilaterally be telling customers they will refund deposits, b/c they have a waiting list - esp on the $2k LE deposit - it seems a no-risk refund for the distributors if a waiting list person pays their $2k, it goes refunded back to the original dropout. Perhaps the LE's are non-refundable deposits b/c they want to be sure the game has a "real" buyer who has put money down.

Again, this is all coming from just me, and I may be wrong in my understanding.

I buy most of my Sterns, I think this is my 11th, from a great guy, Trent @ Tilt Amusement - among Stern's highest volume distributors (some years #1 distributor - see Tilts website) ... Many pinsiders know Trent, buy from Trent, or got beaten by Trent in IFPA tourneys (he's ranked 10th in the world https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=10) - he's a great guy.

#3467 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Several places where Jody, or another Stern spokesperson has said, the deposit, is just that. A deposit. It gets you into the meet and greet. I have not heard of any other way to get admissioin to the meet and greet.

So you missed the whole month or more of them selling tickets publicly to the event? Before BM66 was announced. Which lead to the suspicion of BM66 and then it was confirmed?

All the marketing and campaigning they did to try to sell tickets online, on facebook, here and other places just completely went passed you without notice?

You seem to have some great info, but then back it up with broken foundations. Which removes all credibility.

#3468 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

So you missed the whole month or more of them selling tickets publicly to the event? Before BM66 was announced. Which lead to the suspicion of BM66 and then it was confirmed?
All the marketing and campaigning they did to try to sell tickets online, on facebook, here and other places just completely went passed you without notice?
You seem to have some great info, but then back it up with broken foundations. Which removes all credibility.

There's nothing wrong with his credibility.

You're confusing Stern's 30th anniversary party tickets with the Adam West meet and greet.

Two separate things.

#3469 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Tickets to the Lincolnshire party v. the meet and greet are 2 separate things. I have tickets to both.

#3470 4 years ago

This flyer, which was posted online well before the BM66 announcment, clearly states there is a meet and greet. VIP available through distributors. At this point, there was NO pre-order info. No dollar value attached. Nothing.

Get your facts straight.

111 (resized).jpg

#3471 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

There's nothing wrong with his credibility.
You're confusing Stern's 30th anniversary party tickets with the Adam West meet and greet.
Two separate things.

See post above.

Quoted from dgarrett:

Tickets to the Lincolnshire party v. the meet and greet are 2 separate things. I have tickets to both.

See above. Im sure you have tickets to both. Just saying it was a requirement to buy the game first.

#3472 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Tickets to the Lincolnshire party v. the meet and greet are 2 separate things. I have tickets to both. Sheesh - no, it didn't get past me & yes, I notice things. And thanks, Air_pinball.

#3473 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

This flyer, which was posted online well before the BM66 announcment, clearly states there is a meet and greet. VIP available through distributors. At this point, there was NO pre-order info. No dollar value attached. Nothing.
Get your facts straight.

Our facts are straight, dippy. The flyer lists them as separate events.

Jesus...try harder next time.

#3474 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Our facts are straight, dippy. The flyer lists them as separate events.
Jesus...try harder next time.

I explained in that post that there was a vip requirement for a seperate part. I also said how it was not a pre-order only event. Dont call me dippy if you're reading comprehension is off.

#3475 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I explained in that post that there was a vip requirement for a seperate part. I also said how it was not a pre-order only event. Dont call me dippy if you're reading comprehension is off.

You are a dippy. The flyer lists them as separate events, but doesn't lay out the conditions of getting VIP tickets. They later turned out to be a deposit on the game.

Why is this so difficult for you?

#3476 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Get your facts straight.

Woah, slow down with your accusations. You aren't making sense. I have my facts straight. If you want to talk, PM me - but lets not clutter this thread with back and forth, ok?

The flyer shows clearly, they are separate. The Party is $35, sold out long ago. The VIP Meet & Greet at the Westin from 3-6pm at the bottom (and per the flyer, I contacted my distributor, and they told me the VIP was invitation only when I put down my deposit - at the time of the flyer, there were no prices released, and you had to talk with a distributor to even find out the $500 Premium, $2k LE amounts).

#3477 4 years ago

It was said many times in the past 70 pages, that a signing costs money. Stern has to pay Adam West to be there and do this. So of course there will be some cost involved. The fact that the cost is being passed along as an attachment to a pre-order of a MUCH larger purchase is just plain distasteful.

Whether you can change your deposit to something else, still doesnt save for the fact that many other people have been told different. My question then goes beyond your deposit to ask, if you do back out, for any reason, but have attended the event already, will you still be required to pay for your VIP ticket you used?

#3478 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

It was said many times in the past 70 pages, that a signing costs money. Stern has to pay Adam West to be there and do this. So of course there will be some cost involved. The fact that the cost is being passed along as an attachment to a pre-order of a MUCH larger purchase is just plain distasteful.
Whether you can change your deposit to something else, still doesnt save for the fact that many other people have been told different. My question then goes beyond your deposit to ask, if you do back out, for any reason, but have attended the event already, will you still be required to pay for your VIP ticket you used?

It's not distasteful, you can cancel after the reveal, and we're done here.

#3479 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You are a dippy. The flyer lists them as separate events, but doesn't lay out the conditions of getting VIP tickets. They later turned out to be a deposit on the game.
Why is this so difficult for you?

Its not difficult, its just a slap in the face to many of those out there.

Quoted from dgarrett:

Woah, slow down with your accusations. You aren't making sense. The flyer doesn't go into deposit details - but it does clearly state there are two events, right? IF you want to argue with me, just sent a PM - no need to clutter the thread with back and forth.
The flyer shows clearly, they are separate. The VIP Meet & Greet at the Westin from 3-6pm at the bottom (and my understanding is the only VIP Meet and Greet attendees will be those that made a deposit on LE or Premium) , then the second event on the flyer, is the Lincolnshire Stern party for $35 ticket (sold old, but yes I got one) is at a different location. I also put down $500 on a Premium and know I have a VIP spot at the Westin.

Not going to argue anywhere further with you guys.

If you end up getting a great game, kudos to you. If you dont, so be it. If you choose to pass on it, in any event, then lucky you, not so lucky others that werent given the choice.

My posts in this thread were not targeted at individuals, and I keep explaining that treatment of buyers has not been universal. Which was attested to earlier by MK6PIN (and others). This just makes Stern (and/or their distributors) look deceiving. Passing along (in some cases) non-refundable funds, for what has not been properly unveiled. This isnt a start-up, this isnt a J-pop needs money situation. This is Stern.

Stop taking things so personally because you have some money down. Especially if you believe you arent locked in.

#3480 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

It's not distasteful, you can cancel after the reveal, and we're done here.

Not everyone can. Why do you ignore that? You called me dippy twice now, and yet you havent seemed to have read others in this thread who were told they would not be refunded.

#3481 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

My understanding is that if you attend the VIP M&G, your deposit is locked in. Talk to your distributor, and I agree with AIr_pinball - we're done here.

#3482 4 years ago

Its clear, we need less posts & more Yvonne Craig...9 days left .... https://www.facebook.com/Tys-Yvonne-Craig-Homepage-388392352358/photos

#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

For me, I'd likely just roll the $500 to next game - but I'm certain I could ask for the cash back.

Quoted from dgarrett:

My understanding is that if you attend the VIP M&G, your deposit is locked in.

You make conflicting posts on one page of this thread in less than an hour.

Good job.

#3484 4 years ago

6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8 (resized).jpg

#3485 4 years ago

Did anyone request a specific LE # ?
if (yes), did you get charged more for it?
if ((yes) && (it was a low LE #)) did you get charged even more for it?

#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Did anyone request a specific LE # ?
if (yes), did you get charged more for it?
if ((yes) && (it was a low LE #)) did you get charged even more for it?

Not sure it was an option (I didn't ask for a specific #) ...only doing the meet and greet btw, didn't get tickets to the stern party (no biggie to me, so I'll be able to see more of the JJP thing).

#3487 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Not everyone can. Why do you ignore that? You called me dippy twice now, and yet you havent seemed to have read others in this thread who were told they would not be refunded.

Not from Stern....Distro could be lying....

#3488 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Not from Stern....Distro could be lying....

It was stated in this thread I believe that Stern said a nonrefundable deposit and some distributors were allowing the money to go elsewhere if you change your mind. That may have changed lately but that was the initial impression.

#3489 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, exactly. We've not been given the information. Every previous announcement came with a feature matrix (and usually playfield mock up photos). This time I'm being told to make a deposit and not even know these things. How can anyone feel good about that?

Quoted from Mr68:

I was told its a refundable deposit until we can see and find out more. I was also told the deposit will likely have a commitment date after which it becomes non-refundable.

Quoted from sleepless:

I have been told its non refundable deposit! With no feature matrix between the Super LE,LE, Premium this is a new level of Chutzpah or its a crazy marketing experiment by Stern.

Quoted from docquest:

I heard that as well. Once full pricing and pics are revealed there will be a window of time to back out and get your deposit back. Once that window is past the deposit is non refundable.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Yes,docquest,thats what i was told as well!!

Quoted from MK6PIN:

ditto to what i was told.....and 9kish on the LE

Quoted from SuperPinball:

$10.5K US MSRP for LE, deposit non refundable as per Stern's new policy. Not sure why Stern would announce the existence of an SLE if they are only for his "friends" and not for any of the rest of us. To hype this pin and force $2000 deposits without so much as a simple picture or feature matrix is ridiculous. I was going to order an LE but I find this to be such an disgusting marketing ploy that I can't bring myself to give Stern any money. I hope they change this policy in the future.

Quoted from SuperPinball:

Sorry iceman but you are ill informed, my distro told me today that Stern's new policy is that the deposits are not refundable. Stern was burned in the past by people backing out of their orders.

Quoted from iceman44:

Ok, my deposit is "refundable" although I'm not refunding it because I'm happy with what's coming.
Stern "burned"? Maybe distributors but not Stern.
$10k for an LE? I don't think that's reality from what I'm told. Maybe there are scalping distros out there but not what I have agreed to.
Pricing will come out in a couple of weeks and if its in line with a modest increase from GBLE based on what I know then I'm in.
We all have a choice, "pony up" or not. Stern has 240 people that did this time, like it or not.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

My distributor said the deposit WAS refundable, and I've bought from him before....I'm in....think this will be a great pin

Quoted from Manimal:

Because folks can cancel their deposits, at least with some distros. Stern is a non refundable deposit, but many distros are covering that and allowing cancellations, given how this game was announced, else they would have had trouble getting committments. If Stern mucks up the artwork, or if it is a re -hash, or crazy expensive, you will likely see several back on the market.

Quoted from taz:

I don't know, to be honest. Even my distributor doesn't know, and I guess that's the problem. The title could flop and be available immediately on the used market, but if it's a decent game, it might be few and far between. The fact that both LEs and Premiums require pre-orders and large deposits makes me think that this title is something different than what Stern normally issues, hence no pro models. I grew up with the Pow, Kapow, original Batman series, so this title is probably the hottest title for me since TBL. Only Scooby Doo would trump it on my remaining "grail" pins.

Quoted from LTG:

Stern isn't giving deposits back. Some distributors may.

#3490 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I heard that as well. Once full pricing and pics are revealed there will be a window of time to back out and get your deposit back. Once that window is past the deposit is non refundable.

Thats what I heard initially. Since then, I asked my distributor and they said if I didnt think the LE bling was worth the extra 2k I could downgrade to a premium since they had others waiting on deck if an LE became available.

#3491 4 years ago

70 pages worth of posts and expo can't get here fast enough.

#3492 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

You make conflicting posts on one page of this thread in less than an hour.
Good job.

I'm guessing someone who has purchased 11 games from a single distributor might get some preferential treatment from that distributor.

#3493 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm guessing someone who has purchased 11 games from a single distributor might get some preferential treatment from that distributor.

He may. And all the power to him. Just seems odd he would state it non-refundable and then says he'd ask for it back.

#3494 4 years ago

This thread is long overdue for another pic of JN.

80dace691efb514ecbf959df23a96556-46022 (resized).jpg

#3495 4 years ago

Can't wait to see it!

#3496 4 years ago

I remember she was on classic star trek as the pregnant tribal leaders wife. It was forbidden to touch her. Her husband gets killed and bones delivers the baby, and she then falls for bones. Im sure one of you trekkies knows the name of the episode.

julie_newmar (resized).jpg

#3497 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im sure one of you trekkies knows the name of the episode.

Friday's Child.

#3498 4 years ago

How do you get tickets to the meet and greet? I have a deposit with my distributor for an LE.? I requested to attend the m+g. Have not received or heard anything. I already have tickets for the Stern party but that is unrelated.

#3499 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

How do you get tickets to the meet and greet? I have a deposit with my distributor for an LE.? I requested to attend the m+g. Have not received or heard anything.

Call your distributor.

#3500 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I remember she was on classic star trek as the pregnant tribal leaders wife. It was forbidden to touch her. Her husband gets killed and bones delivers the baby, and she then falls for bones. Im sure one of you trekkies knows the name of the episode.

Friday's Child, great episode and seeing as there is a vault edition for Batman66 lets get ST going next please Stern, Oh man would that greatness.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside