• Halle Barry 155 votes
    42%
  • Lee Meriwether 169 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 49 votes
    13%

(373 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 142.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It just makes more sense to buy older pins imo which is what im doing now.

i got myself a tz from a fellow pinsider jkashini and couldnt be happier. the pin is 30 yrs old and rock solid awesome code and plays great. thats the route i am gonna take.

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

As an "LE guy" that likes to own LEs, these Super LEs kill the luster of the regular LE for me.
If I can't have a Super LE, then I don't have the crown jewel, and I'm less motivated for the "next tier" LE. Might as well save my money and get a premium down the road if the game looks good in reality.
I can't be the only LE guy that feels like this.

30 games is bullshit, so our preorders, Never Again

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

As an "LE guy" that likes to own LEs, these Super LEs kill the luster of the regular LE for me.
If I can't have a Super LE, then I don't have the crown jewel, and I'm less motivated for the "next tier" LE. Might as well save my money and get a premium down the road if the game looks good in reality.

I think the goal is to cause hysteria. They are only making 274 LE and 30 of those are super limited. I think they are copy-cating Spooky RZ 50 LEs & 250 Regular. Only difference is you can buy a premium.
The LE luster seems to fade when the next game comes out. I'm honestly avoiding LEs and only focusing on pros and premiums at this point.

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Neither would I.
But they put out one game every 4 years.

I am told they will be announcing their next game at expo.

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If they are getting dollars and have games available, I consider them competition. Definately more so than we had even 2 years ago and definately on the right trajectory where the pendulum could start swinging back quickly.
I can say that all those other ones currently have NO major issues, seem to have great customer service, and see to address any issues openly and quickly. I know where I prefer to spend any money. Granted I wont be buying ANYTHING before playing it (let alone knowing the price and seeing it, LOFL).

Stern has so many people waiting to drink from the trow, I mean trough, that they may not feel the need to put anything out to the public aside from press releases. The other companies that are getting a piece of the pie actively engage customers and update potential customers. They have to in order to get attention and dollars. If I had to choose, that's where I would spend my money, and guess who gets to choose where my money goes.

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i got myself a tz from a fellow pinsider jkashini and couldnt be happier. the pin is 30 yrs old and rock solid awesome code and plays great. thats the route i am gonna take.

TZ is not 30 years old.

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think the goal is to cause hysteria. They are only making 274 LE and 30 of those are super limited. I think they are copy-cating Spooky RZ 50 LEs & 250 Regular. Only difference is you can buy a premium.
The LE luster seems to fade when the next game comes out. I'm honestly avoiding LEs and only focusing on pros and premiums at this point.

I don't know if Hysteria is the word, but they are trying to generate an artificial shortage and feeling of desperation among folks they know are all tying to "one-up" everyone else by getting the best and baddest toy out there, no matter what the cost. They are no dummies, they announce the game strategically to get everyone to forget the playfield debacle for a while....at least through expo. They alter the lineup to Prem-LE-SLE so they can jack up the prices, without people running down the street with their hair on fire. LE's will sell out fast, and they will smile all of the way to the bank, and we have been de-sensitized to another pricing hike, so we will swallow the price of the next mega-pin as "normal". The sad part is we all know this, yet we still line up at the trough like the lambs that we are, because someone else will get something we don't have. For everyone (myself included) who has said Stern has no idea what they are doing......they know EXACTLY what they are doing. Create an artificial demand.....an absolute need, and then rake in the dough from all of us. Doesn't matter is the artwork is crappy, if the clearcoat chips, or if the toys are re-hashed from an older game....so long as we line up with wads of money, they will take every cent we are willing to throw their way. Gary thanks you for your support each time he heads out on his boat and lights up that cigar.

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Gary thanks you for your support each time he heads out on his boat and lights up that cigar.

I'm pretty sure he's blowing it at the strip clubs.

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I still wonder if they go cheaper on the B66 prices. They would get praise because it would subvert expectations. They would be lower than most competitors still and no one will notice till later that they have gotten rid of the pro. Current GB MSRP is pro/5995, premium, 7595, LE/8795.
My predictions are
Premium $6995
LE 8595
Super LE 9795

ROTFL!!!!! Stern will never go CHEAPER! Never!!!! Especially on a game with super limited numbers. Collectors will pay stupid money if something is stupid rare. MSRP on this game will prob be $9795.

#310 2 years ago

Cool, can't wait to see pics of this one.

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

ROTFL!!!!! Stern will never go CHEAPER! Never!!!! Especially on a game with super limited numbers. Collectors will pay stupid money if something is stupid rare. MSRP on this game will prob be $9795.

Agree...there will be some super-secret-squirrel pricing on those SLE's......just watch. With the LCD's added, they are going to be jacked up, which is why they did away with the Pro. They could not call it a Pro and charge what they need to charge. I really want to see the playfield....given they say they are keeping the crane, I really hope this isn't a re-hash of an old layout with a few new toys and some updated artwork. But given they had to engineer the LCD, I'm betting the rest of the pin didn't get a whole lot of attention, and there is only so much you can do with that crane and the real estate it consumes.........

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are people in the US really going to want to pay JJP / DP money for a game that will almost certainly share the same ultra flimsy cabinet and el cheapo metal backbox of all recent games, together with low print quality cabinet decals, assembly errors, half designed mechanisms and a lottery as to whether you get a playfield that will last more than a few dozen games in a reasonable state?

I don't see how either their pricing or quality are sustainable.

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Are people in the US really going to want to pay JJP / DP money for a game that will almost ...

They wont want to, but they will.

#314 2 years ago

Premium is the new PRO. LE is the new Premium. Super LE is the new LE. They just renamed each tier so they can secretly bump up their prices! LOL! It will be lucky to have as many toys as MET...mark my words (LCDs don't count, unless the bottom one is the bat-computer).

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You are not the only one. I agree with you fully. It would be super LE or no LE for me and just see how the game turns out. The super LE absolutely tarnishes the desirability of a regular LE.

#316 2 years ago

I wish people understood how cheap LEDs are these days, especially in bulk. Whatever price hike comes with Stern's move to LCD is not to adjust for increased cost.

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I wish people understood how cheap LEDs are these days, especially in bulk. Whatever price hike comes with Stern's move to LCD is not to adjust for increased cost.

material/parts costs are only one category of costs within a project's budget... and make sure you are comparing industrial displays and not china fleebay stuff because as a manufacturer they need to be able to have a forward view into lifecycle, availability and lead-times.

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

MSRP on this game will prob be $9795.

My guess is $9995 just shy of the 10K mark

Quoted from Pimp77:

Premium is the new PRO. LE is the new Premium. Super LE is the new LE. They just renamed each tier so they can secretly bump up their prices! LOL!

Then when Stern brings back the pro on the next title with a color display they can increase the price compared to older pro's and it will seem like a steal compared to B'66. Marketing genius.

#319 2 years ago

I'd be more excited about this title if it were a new design top to bottom, the layout and code preferable Borg and Lyman.

I'm kind of meh about the first BTDK, it's not like they are recreating a bonifide hit like SM.

#320 2 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

The cost isn't the hardware, its artists that know how to the clipping, editing - JPD at Jersey Jack did a heck of a lot with commerical TV graphics in order to produce the content on WOZ and THLE. Is the time involved in the graphics and probably the expertise needed for content that has kept STERN in the LCD development phase for so long.

First off, JP did killer work on Hobbit. Top notch, he's a real pro, nothing but respect.

I just want to say though, as someone who is actively working on a HD LCD game right this moment, and is able to speak from direct first hand experience, it's really not that big a deal to do LCD instead of DMD, just in general. Yes, it's work. But so are dots. Dots are an art, it's not easy to do good ones. Games like Metallica and TWD took real effort and time.

Either way you have to plan out animations and choreograph etc. It's just a medium, the work and planning isn't all that different either way.

If you gave me a choice right now between doing and HD LCD game and a DMD dots game, purely from an effort standpoint, I'd prefer to do the HD one. There are just more options. Yes, you can go 'overboard' like Hobbit (in a good way), into some really intricate territory, but that's just one approach. And if you have a license with video, like Batman TV show clips, you're set.

Batman 66 especially. It's practically designs itself. Is anyone not expecting to see JACKPOT!! in the style of BIFF!! WHAMM!! ?

pow (resized).png

All I'm saying is take it from someone who's doing it, LCD isn't something cr-a-a-a-azy that needs huge budgets and giant teams to pull off.

#321 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You are not the only one. I agree with you fully. It would be super LE or no LE for me and just see how the game turns out. The super LE absolutely tarnishes the desirability of a regular LE.

Let's wait and see an LE and a SLE before we jump to any conclusions.

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody have any idea if pics will be released today?

I would think we won't see anything until Stern's Epic Event during Pinball Expo.

LTG : )

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would think we won't see anything until Stern's Epic Event during Pinball Expo.
LTG : )

Whomever leaked the GB picture....now would be a good time!

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry, none of the amateurs know how to make code like the Stern guys. Not even close.

Keith Johnson is the Yoda of pinball programming. There are other guys that are good, some are Jedi's at the craft but he's the grand master His code work on WOZ and TH is far more unique / complex then anything else out there.

Its also very impressive that Keith manages to crank out regular substantial code updates for TH (as he did for WOZ) that uses the most complex pinball platform to date while other companies may only put out one update every six months (if that).

#325 2 years ago

Just found a leaked pic of the plunger mod.....yikes..........

31a7ec3bd66079a209a2abd9b35ffc23 (resized).jpg

#326 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Sort of feels like Stern is just pissing on fans at this point. They have HIGHLY questionable QA going on and they want you to start putting deposits down on games going forward? Oh, and they are going to invite some people to buy a game? So they'll reach out to you when they want you to buy something, but they can't bother to talk to you like a human if you have an issue with their products?
Total joke of a company right now.

but wait theres more! How about a $500 plastic topper and $100 cabinet stickers for your new "LE".

Yeah, it's not getting ridiculous, it already is. Like you said Stern first needs to address the QA problems currently occuring with recently made playfields.

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Super LE 9795

Quoted from Rarehero:

So you and I believe they will offer the same price.

I guess I will laugh with you.

#329 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

but wait theres more! How about a $500 plastic topper and $100 cabinet stickers for your new "LE".
Yeah, it's not getting ridiculous, it already is. Like you said Stern first needs to address the QA problems currently occuring with recently made playfields.

Nobody is making you buy.

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

TZ is not 30 years old.

yeah 23-24 but i was too lazy to look it up.

#331 2 years ago

So this is what pinball has now come too... If I can't have the super doper LE, then I don't want it

#332 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Are people in the US really going to want to pay JJP / DP money for a game that will almost certainly share the same ultra flimsy cabinet and el cheapo metal backbox of all recent games, together with low print quality cabinet decals, assembly errors, half designed mechanisms and a lottery as to whether you get a playfield that will last more than a few dozen games in a reasonable state?
I don't see how either their pricing or quality are sustainable.

JJP and Dutch are non-issues. They don't have the in production catalog that Stern has, that's why Stern can do what they want. If WOZ or Hobbit aren't interesting themes to a customer, they have 10 in production themes to pick from with Stern. I love Dutch, but they have one product mostly for Coen Bros fanatics (like me!)....they're not a full fledged mainstream company. Most of Stern's customers aren't hardcore hobbyists like us. They'll never notice the quality things we notice. They see "Ghostbusters, cool! I want one! Batman, cool! I want one!"

This kind of reminds me of Nintendo's Gameboy. How could a monochrome chintzy portable destroy the competition with their color screens and better features? Simple. THE GAMES. Stern has THE GAMES. The competition doesn't.

#333 2 years ago

So in 5 years when they release the Vault Edition of a Super LE, it will be called a SLEVE. Or in this case a BM66SLEVE.

That's too much BM for me.

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Keith Johnson is the Yoda of pinball programming. There are other guys that are good, some are Jedi's at the craft but he's the grand master His code work on WOZ and TH is far more unique / complex then anything else out there.
Its also very impressive that Keith manages to crank out regular substantial code updates for TH (as he did for WOZ) that uses the most complex pinball platform to date while other companies may only put out one update every six months (if that).

Do I need to spell this out for you?

Dutch. Heighway. Spooky. Whomever else I'm leaving out. They don't have pro software guys. Any serious player who has put time in on these games will tell you that.

And JJP does, but they have TWO games now in 5 years.

Stern still has no serious competition.

I will post this 2X in case you missed it (again)

Dutch. Heighway. Spooky. Whomever else I'm leaving out. They don't have pro software guys. Any serious player who has put time in on these games will tell you that.

#335 2 years ago

Letter to Stern,

Sigh,

I was ready to order the Spidey VE, but then came the playfield issues.

I am ready to order this B66, but you still have not addressed the playfield issues.

When you are ready to stand up and tell us what went wrong, and why these 8K toys won't have the same problem, let me know.

Sorry, until then, I won't take the risk.

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

First off, JP did killer work on Hobbit. Top notch, he's a real pro, nothing but respect.
I just want to say though, as someone who is actively working on a HD LCD game right this moment, and is able to speak from direct first hand experience, it's really not that big a deal to do LCD instead of DMD, just in general.

All I'm saying is take it from someone who's doing it, LCD isn't something cr-a-a-a-azy that needs huge budgets and giant teams to pull off.

So your also creating the animations for alien? I thought you were just hacking up the playfield and plastics art.

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Letter to Stern,
Sigh,
I am ready to order this B66, but you still have not addressed the playfield issues.
When you are ready to stand up and tell us what went wrong, and why these 8K toys won't have the same problem, let me know.

B66 LE's are already sold out.

I guess you showed them!

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Letter to Stern,
Sigh,

Dearest Scott,

I don't give a shit.

Best Wishes,
Gary

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I will post this 2X in case you missed it (again)

How much time have you spend with bop 2.0?
I feel that can go toe to toe with recent stern games in terms of software.

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dearest Scott,
I don't give a shit.
Best Wishes,
Gary

P.S. Send Money Now!!!!

-Gary

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

B66 LE's are already sold out.
I guess you showed them!

Jokes on everyone who preordered ! Stern hasn't officially announced this machine is actually their new Spike system that runs off 8 AAA batteries in order to save wiring costs. Since the entire playfield is direct print plastic, the ghosting issues have been resolved.

The super duper LE will come with a batman cape and keychain I hear

IMG_2645 (resized).JPG

#342 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Jokes on everyone who preordered ! Stern hasn't officially announced this machine is actually their new Spike system that runs off 8 AAA batteries in order to save wiring costs. Since the entire playfield is direct print plastic, the ghosting issues have been resolved.
The super duper LE will come with a batman cape and keychain I hear

And this is the Premium version.

s-l1600 (resized).jpg

#343 2 years ago

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 2.13.44 PM (resized).png

#344 2 years ago

How do I get an invitation?

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

How do I get an invitation?

Get on your knees

#346 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I am also an LE guy, and my first reaction when I saw only 30 SLE's and not very many LE's was.....Screw this, I am done with LE's and might pickup a HUO Premium down the road some day. So yep, I feel the same way you do

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

So your also creating the animations for alien?

No, we have an animator, Kelly, I'm just working with him, as well as working on things like the dashboard design for displaying scores etc. And he of course works with Joe, our lead programmer, and David who's doing sound. All the pieces need to fit together to work. We have a good team.

It's really about people, and not hardware. LCD is just something to use as a tool. I'm not trying to badmouth Stern at all, they're the big dogs for a reason, but all this talk of only they can program games, come on. With all of the Stern where is the code threads? They're not code magicians, they miss as much as they hit. It's not about Stern, it's about Lyman. Maybe Dwight, I haven't played his new games really (I owned Star Trek, but don't count that as his game), but reaction seems pretty good. People make things happen.

JJP was lucky to find JP, he's made a ton happen for them. Let's see what the Stern team does with an LCD. But it's not wizardry, and it's not some crazy leap from a DMD, that's all I'm trying to get at.

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Keith Johnson .... he's the grand master His code work on WOZ and TH is far more unique / complex then anything else out there

Sometimes "more complex" is not necessarily better.

rd

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am told they will be announcing their next game at expo.

Announcing a game in producing a game for distribution are two completely different things. Tell me, how long was it after WOZ and Hobbit were announced the games actually shipped... multiple years for both!

#350 2 years ago

Stern Pinball right now.

Batman 66 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Champaign, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 179.99
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hauppauge, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside