• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 142.
#3351 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Happy hour posting. Leave me alone.

Just saw this....curiosity retracted....my happy hour was last night.....have a headache from hell today, so I can't join in...

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How many people on this thread actually ordered a Batman 66 LE?

I have one available to me that another buyer wants out from under. I really dislike the artwork I have seen so far, but I am trying to keep an open mind and hope the LCD and movie clips will be the saving grace. I would have to do the deposit prior to expo.....anyone want to be my backup in case I back out after the reveal? lol Don't want to flip for anything extra, but I also don't want to take a risk, based on what I have seen so far+ I think I am really gonna dig the new JJP game and my need to spend my game money there.

#3353 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just saw this....curiosity retracted....my happy hour was last night.....have a headache from hell today, so I can't join in...

I enjoyed his original post. It provided a good laugh.

You said there are bolts on the track of the garage door. Is that something for security? Is it different from the normal latches that you push through the slot of the track? Is this door more heavily insulated? I imagine it's a wood look on the outside. Sorry for the questions. Just piqued my interest.

#3354 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I enjoyed his original post. It provided a good laugh.
You said there are bolts on the track of the garage door. Is that something for security? Is it different from the normal latches that you push through the slot of the track? Is this door more heavily insulated? I imagine it's a wood look on the outside. Sorry for the questions. Just piqued my interest.

Agreed....just confirming ( and contributing) light hearted sarcasm...nothing else to do in this thread for the next couple weeks....

Back to garage door land :

This door actually has no outside opening mechanism. Can only be opened via remote from outside. Inside there is a safety latch ( of course), but I actually have (4x) security bolts that run through the track, literally making the door impossible to open from the outside. I simply enable the remote and take the bolts out when I'm moving stuff in/out. Pretty secure. Someone could drive through it, I suppose, but that would be it.

It has extra, high density insulation in the panels that really keep the outside temps from getting in. Panels are sealed on the inside. Yes, wood textured look on the outside.

Pm if you want more info......boring stuff, even on an idle BM thread.....

#3355 3 years ago

That answered my question. Thanks.

Now back to Julie Newmar...

doll.gif

#3356 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Just got a blacklight Dirty Donney print. Check out who's flying the spaceship! DD must be a fan. With him doing the art on a Heavy Metal pin it would be incredible!

"Oh wow man" lol incredible find good eye!

#3357 3 years ago

I still haven't had the time or will to read all this, but who wants to bet that Joe's Batmobile will be at Expo?

#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's crazy! How are you supposed to get your car in there?

things-in-your-dream-house____________________ (resized).jpg

#3359 3 years ago

I'm in for the super duper SE version with Newmar and Craig on the cab.

batgirl-800 (resized).jpg

jnewmar (resized).jpeg

#3360 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

I still haven't had the time or will to read all this, but who wants to bet that Joe's Batmobile will be at Expo?

If you look at the flyer for the Stern party, it says the Batmobile will be there along with Ecto-1. It's possible that's Joe's.

#3361 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If you look at the flyer for the Stern party, it says the Batmobile will be there along with Ecto-1. It's possible that's Joe's.

I haven't seen any pictures or flyers yet. I don't really want to get hooked in. I'm sure it would be his, there's only two i think and maybe two replicas.

#3362 3 years ago

These were at the Atlantic city car show last February .

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#3363 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Me too. Especially when they want a deposit up front. Kinda tells me something.

This deposit talk is killing me - its a ticket into the meet and greet for Adam West who gets an appearance fee + per person signature fee of 100-175 per person (per previous comic-con appearance contracts). And he's 88, this may be one of his last appearances. So once you get something signed, yes, you can't get that refunded. So the $ are about the signing event, at least partially - I think this has been posted at least a few times in this thread. Sorry to have to keep repeating it - but seems to be kept wrongly calling this only a BM66 deposit.

#3364 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That answered my question. Thanks.
Now back to Julie Newmar...

For you Julie Newmar fans Hallmark has released a batman 1966 Julie Newmar Catwoman ornament. It went on sale yesterday. Its supposedly a limited run so once existing store inventory is gone they wont be restocked.

BATMAN-CLASSIC-TV-SERIES-CATWOMAN-Ornament-root-1595QXE3091_QXE3091_1470_1.jpg_Source_Image (resized).jpg

#3365 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For you Julie Newmar fans Hallmark has released a batman 1966 Julie Newmar Catwoman ornament. It went on sale yesterday. Its supposedly a limited run so once existing store inventory is gone they wont be restocked.

Someone snag them all..... Limited edition mods

#3366 3 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Will there be a unlimited run of premiums like usual?

Per George Gomez on C2C podcast... yes.

#3367 3 years ago

JJP WoZ, TH, Spooky RZ (you got on the buy list first, then they revealed PF and art, etc., and asked list 1-300 to solidy commit on deposit to lock-in, balance at delivery - so that was serious interest before reveal, $ deposit right after reveal).

#3368 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For you Julie Newmar fans Hallmark has released a batman 1966 Julie Newmar Catwoman ornament.

$24 + 5 shipping. Seems Amazon already has "flippers" snagging the hallmark ones.
------------
Mattel made several villains, and Batman sets for the 1966 anniversary.The figures and batcave from Mattel are better in my opinion, for display or mods. I believe someone posted early a pic of the collection in his home display case.

I prefer this catwoman: amazon.com link »

Also I got the bendable ones, just for fun amazon.com link »

And this trio is about the only way to get batgirl, outside of paying $50 for her. amazon.com link »

IMG_1504 (resized).JPG

#3369 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So is everyone gonna freak out when they find out their 15k machine is using pre-existing toys r us stuff that costs $29.99?

That is $2, too much. This set is the one in Greg Freres photo, elsewhere in this thread: amazon.com link »

#3370 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I prefer this catwoman: amazon.com link ยป

The face on this one isn't even close compared to the hallmark one. Might as well be Barbie Catwoman.

#3371 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

This deposit talk is killing me - its a ticket into the meet and greet for Adam West who gets an appearance fee + per person signature fee of 100-175 per person (per previous comic-con appearance contracts). And he's 88, this may be one of his last appearances. So once you get something signed, yes, you can't get that refunded. So the $ are about the signing event, at least partially - I think this has been posted at least a few times in this thread. Sorry to have to keep repeating it - but seems to be kept wrongly calling this only a BM66 deposit.

And it is stupid of Stern to link them. Not for them, but for their customers. As Jack said, don't be pressured. That is all Stern is doing, pressuring people. F them. I love Stern games, but F them. Bad business model.

#3372 3 years ago

Apologies if I have not read every post in this thread.

I am a target buyer as I've bought STLE and XMLE however I have sat out of the other LEs. What I mean is that I could buy LE from time to time. But not every single one.

But (this is my impression) from reading some posts here and there.

Super LE is limited to 20-24 some number I don't qualify so it's not important

LE Limited to 240 units each one somewhat different (that's cool) price is (??) something like $9K (?) with a deposit that is not refundable (?).

Premium (?) unlimited number price is $7700 (?) maybe more (?).

This is being sold so far sight unseen(?) meaning you are supposed to put a deposit before you see it or see any video of it being played or know much of the layout or even the LCD placement. Meaning the second LCD could be a 2" variety like TH or it could be more substantial like Alien.

My issue is with both price of LE and the questions of QC Stern has had with GB and with (?) no refund on deposit. I just can not imagine placing an order with so little information revealed.

Perhaps the premium is a possibility as the price is high but not out completely of the ballpark and likely this will a limited edition no matter how fantastic it is, with the combination of no pro, low numbers of LE plus other desirable titles looming like Alien, Star Wars, JJP3 and AFM remake. As well as the usual suspects in the $8-10K range such as previous pins (TBL, WoZ, TH, Tron LE, BIBLE, MM, restored classics).

To me, it's just too way unknown at this point in time to commit to a non-refundable deposit on a LE.

I find (in many cases) I enjoy a $4800 pro with mods similar amount to a $7-8K LE plus mods. I do appreciate the extra bling like the lighted side rails on STLE but overall I don't find the LEs to play much better than the pros and exactly the same as the premiums and the premiums are less risk because they come later and can be played first and see if they are good.

#3373 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

there's only two i think and maybe two replicas.

I don't think that's true. Anyone can buy a replica today.

http://www.gothamcruisers.com/index.htm

When you buy one, I want a ride.

#3374 3 years ago

I missed the last 150 posts or so. Are there going to be backglasses at the meet and greet for Adam to sign?

#3375 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't think that's true. Anyone can buy a replica today.
http://www.gothamcruisers.com/index.htm
When you buy one, I want a ride.

And these guys too.
https://buybatparts.com/cms/

#3376 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I missed the last 150 posts or so. Are there going to be backglasses at the meet and greet for Adam to sign?

They'll probably give you an IOU napkin to get Adam West's signature so you can prominently display it on the machine.

Honestly won't buyers get his signature on the machine like the Hulkster's with Wrestlemania?

#3377 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That would be great if they did but no one has indicated that would be the case.

I was hoping the LE and SLE versions would have adam and burts signatures on the game somewhere as part of the bling upgrade but who knows.

#3378 3 years ago

Julie Newmar was guest star on last nights episode of Columbo and she was looking as hot as ever. Not sure I had seen that one before. Unfotunately she was killed at the hands of Martin Landau. Pushed off her apartment balcony many floors up.

62230_320 (resized).jpg

#3379 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pushed off her apartment balcony many floors up.

It could have been one more floor higher but that's another story.

#3380 3 years ago

It was filmed almost 7 years after she was on Batman and she was still looking good.

#3381 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was filmed almost 7 years after she was on Batman and she was still looking good.

How was Martin Landau? I was a big fan of Cosmos 1999 as a kid but that was... some time ago.

#3382 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

How was Martin Landau? I was a big fan of Cosmos 1999 as a kid but that was... some time ago.

Martin Landau is one of the greatest actors of our time and he played twin brothers in this one and was great. If you want to see some of his best work, watch the early episodes of Mission Impossible.

#3383 3 years ago

Want the chance to get a Batman 66 Premium without the high price tag? Enter our sweepstakes - https://go.rallyup.com/batman-66premium

#3384 3 years ago

We are definitely getting the most fun interpretation of the batman character with a theme that doesn't take itself too seriously.

all batmans (resized).jpg

#3385 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Martin Landau is one of the greatest actors of our time

...and a hell of a nice guy! Always cheerful!

ted and martin landau (resized).jpg

#3386 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Martin Landau is one of the greatest actors of our time and he played twin brothers in this one and was great. If you want to see some of his best work, watch the early episodes of Mission Impossible.

Such fantastic actors they managed to get for the bad guys in every episode of the original Columbo. The lack of good actors to put against Peter Falk when they tried a reboot in the 80's (or 90's?) really killed it.

I mean "Norm" from Cheers? Really? Somebody thought THAT was a good idea? Ouch.

#3387 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I mean "Norm" from Cheers? Really? Somebody thought THAT was a good idea? Ouch.

Even the occasional no-name actors they used in the original were a better choice than that.

I watched Columbo and all the original NBC mystery movies when they came out, and still enjoy watching Columbo re-runs whenever possible.

#3388 3 years ago

Do the winners of the super LE get announced at Expo ?

#3389 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

still enjoy watching Columbo re-runs whenever possible.

You and me both. See I knew you had good taste

#3390 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Boris Karloff does not deserve to smell my shit!!!!!!!!

#3391 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Boris Karloff does not deserve to smell my shit!!!!!!!!

#3392 3 years ago

Karloff was a great actor..Landau was a great character actor too. His best work however was Ed Wood followed by Crimes and Misdemeanors (one of the few Woody Allan movies worth watching).

#3393 3 years ago

Two great actors.

columbo_double_shock_2 (resized).png

#3394 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Karloff was a great actor

tumblr_odxqegHKIK1uhyibpo1_540 (resized).jpg

#3395 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, our family had a chance to meet him back in 2012 at a local theater that was showing Ed Wood. He was very nice to all of us and took some time to talk with our sons.

Brad

martin1 (resized).jpg

martin2.jpg

martin3.jpg

#3396 3 years ago

Ha you clown...he's should be one of your avatars. Watch the 60's version of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and check out his voice acting. He played in a lot of "B" movies but the he was classically trained.

#3397 3 years ago

That makes me want a Love Boat pin. If they can make a B66, surely The Love Boat isn't a stretch.

#3399 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That makes me want a Love Boat pin. If they can make a B66, surely The Love Boat isn't a stretch.

Then its gotta have a Charo "cuchi cuchi" multiball.

4277329165_99ce925351_o (resized).png

Charo-triplets (resized).jpg

#3400 3 years ago

FB_IMG_1475546861786 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Topeka, KS
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside