• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 142.
#3201 3 years ago

Is it time for Expo yet? Damn, this thread turned into a major speculation disaster.

#3202 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Is it time for Expo yet? Damn, this thread turned into a major speculation disaster.

Agreed....very excited to have substance....

#3203 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed....very excited to have substance....

Ugghh....another 2 weeks to go until we see how many people are disappointed with the game vs. price tag.

#3204 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's actually not true - pegging is a hetero activity as much as anything else.

Well.... Not for me.

#3205 3 years ago

Yeah,only for 270 buyers!Worldwide!! WOW!!Holy Minuscule Batman!!

#3206 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL. I think you might be unfamiliar with what "pegging" is.

I feel it was pretty obvious that I knew what I was saying by writing it like that. I was laughing manically as I wrote it. Then I twirled my mustache and clicked "Send post". The double meaning of the word just made it more funny to me than "Take off my lockdown bar Jack, take off my lockdown bar". In fact, dare I say none of the ways Stern has cheapened their games would be as funny as getting those pegs

#3207 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Agreed

Right now the discussion has become an argument on whether its gay to put stuff in your butt or not.

Clarification: not YOUR butt specifically. Don't panic.

#3208 3 years ago

OK... With that I think it's about time for another Julie Newmar picture.

#3209 3 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

That's Yvonne Craig but go for it.

#3210 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Then I will agree that Stern pinball machines deserve to have risen 30%+

Lol at "deserve!"

Do people here really have so little clue about how businesses operate?

Stern doesnt care about your opinion.
Stern doesnt care what you think they "deserve"
Stern is ONLY influenced by how people SPEND MONEY.
That's the only "vote" that counts.

Everything else is fluff.

#3211 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Lol at "deserve!"

C'mon are you saying Gary Stern doesn't have a metric on the monthly business report on current Stern sentiment on pinside?

#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Lol at "deserve!"

LOL

Your words:

"Stern doesnt care about your opinion.
Stern is ONLY influenced by how people SPEND MONEY."

yep that's the funny part about this

#3213 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

The reason why it doesn't feel dated and would make an awesome pin is due to the awesome soundtrack.

It would be a shame if Stern gets this theme because it would be one of many themes wasted on an econopin.. I vote JJP or AP for that theme. I would put my money on that for sure!

Edit: it's a give away theme since it revolves around a little green ball, I want 20% of all the proceeds lol

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Bingo! The funny thing is that THLE's price was actually $500.00 above my limit as well. I was weak and went ahead anyway (part of my weak ass justification was that at least I didn't have to wait 3 years for it like others did, so it was worth paying a little more).

I think my line was STLE @ what was it, $7300 I think? I barely bit on that. I'm still a Premium buyer in the low 6's, but I'm generally out at this point unless it's a theme that really means something to me. I suspect that's why a good chunk of NIB buyers will succumb to high prices - if it's a dream theme. That's why nostalgic themes are good for these companies. Combine something retro like pinball with sweet retro themes that never had a pinball machine - it's a winning and fitting combo.

#3215 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

People obviously feel priced out of the party. It's a small community, pinheads have heavily supported and in the end saved Stern in bad times making it possible for them to continue business. Now that the company is healthy again and it's time to celebrate they feel like Stern is leaving them behind, targeting the anniversary BM66 only to the high rollers and attaching all kinds of strings to the purchase of the machine. Of course the average Stern customer is upset and expressing this on Pinside.
It's also helpful for Stern to have access to this information. Otherwise, if BM66 is not as successful as they assumed they won't know if this was because it's merely a BDK re-theme with cosmetic corrections or because of the marketing model. So just "moving on" and not expressing why someone

Also remember this is even worse outside of the US, because of changes in exchange rates with the US $. True for euro, Canadian $, etc.
In here we have to digest an extra 20% (or more) increase. A regular Stern Pro is now around 6,000€ here (sales tax included). I don't even want to know how much people will pay in France for BM66 Prem.
Not that my opinion matters to Stern - never bought a NIB Stern, probably never will.
But it should matter to those buying NIB pins because, as many, I tend to like their games, and I am interested in a number of recent titles I would like to buy after a few years. But now I am also priced out of the secondary market! So once bottom feeders like me can't even second-hand buy the shiny toys Stern NIB buyers are no longer enjoying: prepare to lose your shirt when trying to sell a game which is not a super hit. Plenty of examples here of LEs sold at a huge loss. Unsure how many Pro NIB buyers can afford a $1-2k loss on each title they buy.

My offer for any Stern game is 500 only not one dollar more!

#3216 3 years ago

$9599.00 for this pin! I hope this isn't the start of higher prices! Just like Rarehero,i'm a Pre catagory buyer!!

#3217 3 years ago

I will just buy from Heighway, AP, JJP etc instead if Stern go that route. And Spooky should they do a theme that interests me.
I already own 3 fantastic Stern machines, those came at an acceptable price. Will not pay them more for less.
I would much rather get a Pro and have Pinball Refinery have a go at it than reward Stern for their pricing 'models'.
Unless they drop the Pro's as we know them.

#3218 3 years ago

Really an amazing year with lots of options, but I think this is your best bet.

#3219 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

$9599.00 for this pin! I hope this isn't the start of higher prices! Just like Rarehero,i'm a Pre catagory buyer!!

Gomez said the next game everything is going back to normal.

#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I would expect this on a standard release pro, instead of a 30th anniversary pin. GBLE set the bar high, but they seem to be reverting back to the old ways.

Did you think and say this after Stern put out the next game after Metallica, and the next game after Kiss, and now the next game after GB ?

Do you think they will never do hand drawn art ever again?

#3221 3 years ago

Hand drawn art is the way to go, but it's up to the license holder. At times they provide their own approved art assets, and if it's all photos and logos, it's all you have to work with.

Given a choice, however, I think Stern would favor sticking with hand drawn art.

#3222 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Did you think and say this after Stern put out the next game after Metallica, and the next game after Kiss, and now the next game after GB ?
Do you think they will never do hand drawn art ever again?

No, and that is exactly my point. I would think the GB artwork and how well it was received, would give a hint to Stern for the future. But instead, they take their 30th anniversary flagship piece and slap in a bunch of library stock images. I know it doesn't affect play, and good pinball is still good pinball, but I just thought the GB artwork was a sign of new things to come. They would have been better off making GB their anniversary piece since this is starting to look like a BDK VE more and more.

#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I can't really put a line in the sand on " too much" as long as I can comfortably afford it, in regards to toys. That's all these things are ...bottom line. I spent $50k on an H1 Hummer several years ago.....no way you can rationalize or justify that fiscally....was just fortunate to have the means, enjoyed it for about 6 years, and sold it for $55k. I was lucky.
Hard to put a price on enjoyment ( activities or toys) when you have very limited free time. I'm not paying $15k for the SLE, simply $9500.00 for the LE. I buy when I can, am a hoarder ( don't "flip" anything), and truly enjoy the hell out of the hobby. There are friends I know that drop sick money on bass boats, golf clubs, etc. ?..I don't judge them, it's their money, but I wouldn't pay $50 for a set of clubs.
When I get lost in the zone, it's the best release I have at the moment. If that changes ( fuck it) I'll sell them all and move on to something else.
I have no inside information regarding the game, but seems like a safe bet if you love the theme ( as I do), and given the high profile nature of the release, game is not going to suck. Why would they do that? Don't buy the cash grab argument, they get plenty of cash from running titles. Think they want to make a statement with this one....we'll see.
I truly believe WOZ ended up costing more to make than what it sold for ( counting development, etc.). Jack had a passion for an " ultimate" pin, and like the theme or not, it's truly a landmark machine.
Would like to think Stern also has passion in their craft ( shows more on some titles than others). No way this hype leads to a dog...period. If I lose 2k, even 3k after several years of ownership....wtf....Horray, could have spent that easy on commodity based shit that vaporizes over that time. Suspect they are circling the wagons on this one....I'm happy to be in on an LE.

Well said. I sent $70k on a M3 loved it but at the end of the day I'd rather have had $30k on a STi or whatnot and had the extra money for whatever. But it took me spending the money to realize this.

One thing I'd disagree with is that this is a high profile theme etc. so they can't mess it up. But they did with other high profile titles like TF, TAV , XM and to an extent TWD with the no voice actors, GB with insert fiasco.

What line do you draw and say this is a prime title and this is not a prime title?

Plus Stern should strive to make all it's pins great but they don't always put in the full effort.

#3224 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think Stern would favor sticking with hand drawn art.

....or not....

foot draw (resized).jpg

#3225 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Gomez said the next game everything is going back to normal.

well... the new normal

Anyone who still clings to the idea there won't be a price increase after Stern goes LCD is mental.

#3226 3 years ago

Getting all that much closer to PAGE 66 for BM66...

Brad

Speculation.jpg

#3227 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But they did with other high profile titles like TF, TAV , XM

No comparison to Batman and Robin. Not even close.

Reminder, 30th yr anniversary pin.

Common sense would dictate a "special" pin, and it is, hence the price increase.

Just listen to what Gomez and Lyman have said. Now people don't have to believe and they can speculate all day long about how shitty it might be, that's ok, then the reveal will come in two weeks and all the BS will go out the window and the reality hits. One way or the other.

#3228 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

...slap in a bunch of library stock images.

You are incorrect sir. See comments from the artist, Chris Franchi, from his facebook page.

Screenshot_20160930-124538 (resized).png

#3229 3 years ago

So where do people think the latest villains images are on the game? At first i was thinking side art because each image appears to have a bottom edge to it where the art gets cut off. But then I noticed the tv antenna on the bottom on each picture. If the art stops there why have the antennas but no TV under them?

#3230 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

One thing I'd disagree with is that this is a high profile theme etc. so they can't mess it up.

Agreed. I think the best indicator of how good a game will be has more to do with the team working on it than how high profile the theme is. There are no guarantees even with an excellent proven team. To me, art, sound, software and playfield layout all need to be good for a game to be great.

I think a BDK VE with a modified layout, new art, new display content on LCD, new sounds and modified rules could turn out to be excellent with Gomez and Lyman heading up the team.

#3231 3 years ago

Partial to this art myself...non sneaker heads, need not apply

image (resized).jpeg

#3233 3 years ago

Franchi's art is so well done it could be mistaken for stock library images. He usually paints from more common pictures of his subjects.

#3234 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

well... the new normal
Anyone who still clings to the idea there won't be a price increase after Stern goes LCD is mental.

Yep. I think we are looking at $7500.00 as the new normal on Premiums.

#3235 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You are incorrect sir. See comments from the artist, Chris Franchi, from his facebook page.

Cool, thanks for posting that, very interesting.

You know me, I love a good round of critical thinking over art and design, but maybe wait until the whole thing is revealed? If you don't like it after the reveal then say so. But without seeing it all I dunno how you can come to an opinion. You're not buying a poster, you're buying a game, see how it all fits together.

This is Stern's own fault for posting teases I guess, but still.

#3236 3 years ago

I could live with that!!

#3237 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So where do people think the latest villains images are on the game? At first i was thinking side art because each image appears to have a bottom edge to it where the art gets cut off. But then I noticed the tv antenna on the bottom on each picture. If the art stops there why have the antennas but no TV under them?

Hmmm, I'll bet your right. I also first thought they were cabinet decals due to the hard cut edge, and it looks like on the hatter's side an arch for legs. But, I did not notice those antennas and now that you've pointed it out I'd bet it the opening for the playfield inserted lcd screen with a retro tv art around it. That would be really fun.

#3238 3 years ago

I just got my invite free to the meet and greet at Chicago! Met Adam West at the Oakland Rod& Custom Car show,in 1966,when Barris introduced the Dome top Batmobile WITH Batman onboard!Car didn't run,had to be pushed through the center! No Batboy,either! Good time was had by all!!

#3239 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just listen to what Gomez and Lyman have said. Now people don't have to believe and they can speculate all day long about how shitty it might be, that's ok, then the reveal will come in two weeks and all the BS will go out the window and the reality hits. One way or the other.

so you are guessing everyone will be happy and no one will have anything to complain about?

#3240 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

so you are guessing everyone will be happy and no one will have anything to complain about?

I know I will. Everybody else?

Da Vinci could come back from the dead and do the artwork and people would bitch.

#3241 3 years ago

Lol true

#3242 3 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Absolutely! However, that last "Julie Newmar" photo looked suspiciously like Yvonne Craig trying to be Julie Newmar. Odd. This photo is a little closer to the real deal...

new-mar-bust-905x1024 (resized).jpg

#3243 3 years ago

i've a theme for a pinball table. Its called "guess what Stern are doing". It has a wizard mode that when you hit it vibrates the table until it comes of its legs. Multi-ball is fired off when you lock the ball in the "We've irritated someone on Pinside Lock feature" and Double Super Jackpot is when you play higher or lower on the LCD on the price of the next Stern table. A life size Gary Stern pops out when you complete the I'd buy that for a dollar mode.

now can we get back to batman info

My guess is that those pictures aren't the artwork but are being used as inspiration for the artwork...

#3244 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

OK, I stand corrected. Still looks shitty in my books, but that is just my personal taste. I don't like the outlines....it needs something to blend, which is the same thing I have said about many of the Stern games.

#3245 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Less popular villains, huh? I wonder if Louie the Lilac will make the cut. If so, i hope they at least keep the cigar.

snapshot-2014-11-18-at-05_51_19-pm-1352623580 (resized).jpg

#3246 3 years ago

wow......holy smokin' bedroom eyes.....
(Julie's...not Louie's!!)

#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Less popular villains, huh? I wonder if Louie the Lilac will make the cut. If so, i hope they at least keep the cigar.

Maybe Lola Lasagna will make the cut. I dont think Ethel Merman has made it on a pin yet.

12479488_176517366042967_1432118936_n.jpg

#3248 3 years ago

Warning! Anybody that digs up and post a picture of Ethel Merman in a swim suit will be shot.

#3249 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

OK, I stand corrected. Still looks shitty in my books, but that is just my personal taste. I don't like the outlines....it needs something to blend, which is the same thing I have said about many of the Stern games.

Yeah its not for everyone. This artist loves the outlines, he does it on most of his stuff. I like it.

12512345_1306307886050987_3571253333944924498_n (resized).jpg

1534349_792861820728932_37978473_n (resized).jpg

12932552_1328340443847731_494004208447293111_n (resized).jpg

1888760_976972768984502_1212049127490550837_n (resized).jpg

13002358_1338594419489000_7533932263131840751_o (resized).jpg

#3250 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

One thing I'd disagree with is that this is a high profile theme etc. so they can't mess it up.

Granted, we won't know for sure for a few more weeks yet. And even then, I never REALLY know until i have the damn thing in my gameroom and play the crap out of it for awhile.

I would just like to think that Stern has been "working in the weeds" to produce something special for their 30th anniversary, and this one will be it. Certainly would be a huge PR blunder if the game sucks at this price, and would potentially hurt their future sales, above and beyond some of the obvious pricing and QC issues of past. Sure, they could probably take the hit better than a smaller company (that's why I'm confident Alien will rock), but will choose to believe Stern is taking a high road with this one.....only time will tell.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside