PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 142.
#2951 7 years ago

It looks like the villain art is on the outside of the cabinet.

#2952 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Doesn't look like an LCD on/in the playfield from that angle

I was assuming the lcd would be on the playfield in the area where the joker toy is on BDK so I that case you wouldnt see it in that pic.

Trying to figure out what is behind Gomez's arm on the cabinet wall. Maybe something that lights up like Star Trek LE?

#2953 7 years ago

No ghosted inserts. Whitewood version FTW!

#2954 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Looks like 6 Standup targets on the left side just like BDK. Must just be the back left side (new toy) and criss cross ramps that really differentiate it from BDK.

Kind of disappointing as Gomez's podcast said the right side would be similar to TDK but the left side was all new. Then the first pic we see has the same feature on the left that takes up quite a bit of space on that side. The targets do look like they have been moved to a lower position. Still its uninspiring to see when the flyer stated an "All new layout!"

#2955 7 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

It looks like the villain art is on the outside of the cabinet.

I think thats a WrestleMania cabinet.

#2956 7 years ago

How about we wait and see the actual full playfield before we crucify it?

#2957 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

How about we wait and see the actual full playfield before we crucify it?

Crucify? People just pointing out it has 6 stand ups on the left just like BDK.

#2958 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

» YouTube video

Heavy Metal - Such a cool movie. That would make a great pin, but a little dated. But then again 30 year old themes seem to be all the rage these days.....

#2959 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

In a negative context.....

#2960 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

In a negative context.....

Well, to be fair...6 targets in a row on the left IS pretty uninspired and a direct copy of BDK when it was said only the right side was mostly copied. Now it seems the lower half of the left is too. *shrug*

#2961 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

You're right!

#2962 7 years ago

Like I said when someone pointed out the game has a kickback - they routinely use parts from other games all the time on these protos. This photo shows us nothing beyond the fact that for some reason the Barenaked ladies guy gets free reign over at the Stern factory.

#2963 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

IMG_5781 (resized).JPGIMG_5781 (resized).JPG

#2964 7 years ago

I dont know if wrestlemania had a button on the lock down bar but I see a red glow at Georges waist showing there is a lock down bar button on this machine. Whether thats on BM66 is anyones guess.

#2965 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

That is a safe place to hide a whitewood. That cabinet could be in a row of stuff at Stern Pinball, hidden in plain sight. Which Pinsiders would mosey over to look at a WrestleMania.

#2966 7 years ago

Did Frolic get an LE?

#2967 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This photo shows us nothing beyond the fact that for some reason the Barenaked ladies guy gets free reign over at the Stern factory.

Maybe it's because he's been a well known professional musician for a couple decades and is a well known pinball fanatic or the fact that he has a new album that just came out last year called Silverball:

Dude even went on the Today Show and talked about pinball. I'm fairly certain Stern wants someone that well recognized on their side(in an unofficial capacity, that is). I've met Ed, too. Totally down to Earth and very friendly. I have no problem with him being invited to Stern for a behind the scenes look at prototypes. Hell, he's probably one of the guys getting a SLE or the SuperDuperLE or whatever.

Famous guy plunks down 15 G's for an exclusive game….sure, invite him to the factory!

#2968 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Maybe it's because he's been a well known professional musician for a couple decades and is a well known pinball fanatic or the fact that he has a new album that just came out last year called Silverball:

He knows all this... it was more a jap at Stern in general. A poor one.. but its not for lack of knowing who Ed is.

#2969 7 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2970 7 years ago

Just for fun . . . there are at least 10 differences in the two photos. See if you can find them all.

gomez (resized).jpggomez (resized).jpg

gomez2 (resized).jpggomez2 (resized).jpg

#2971 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like I said when someone pointed out the game has a kickback - they routinely use parts from other games all the time on these protos. This photo shows us nothing beyond the fact that for some reason the Barenaked ladies guy gets free reign over at the Stern factory.

If you look at the cutout, it isn't a kick back, too high up. Likely lighting as most prem/le already have.

And that is, of course, if the apron isn't just thrown from something else as suspected.

#2972 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Heavy Metal - Such a cool movie. That would make a great pin

is there a +1000 upvote button?

#2973 7 years ago

IMO these BM66 launch/teasers = shitty

#2974 7 years ago

At least more of Houdini has been shown than BM66. Bazzinga!

#2975 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Little bit of the Batman 66 whitewood visible in latest facebook post.

Surely that is Ed checking out his 1 off Barenaked Ladies Pin.

#2976 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes.
The bar for "celebrity" is apparently incredibly low in pinball when it comes to special privileges afforded.

Ed is a fellow Pinsider who posts fairly regularly, and by what I can tell is a good dude, "celebrity" or not.

#2977 7 years ago

Why do some folks say that the LE deposits are non-refundable???Thats just crazy!!!

#2978 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes.
The bar for "celebrity" is apparently incredibly low in pinball when it comes to special privileges afforded.

You're John Borg. Would you prefer to spend an afternoon with Ed Robertson? or some Crazy know-it-all-loudmouth from Pinside?

Hmmm... touch call there.

Seriously Levi. Better to keep your mouth shut and let others think you're ignorant than to constantly open your mouth and prove them all right. Again. and again... and yet again.

#2979 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Why do some folks say that the LE deposits are non-refundable???Thats just crazy!!!

Because distributors are saying they will be non-refundable? Yep. It seems a few haven't taken that tact, but at some point if you don't have a very strong relationship with your dist, they are planning on doing that before fully revealing the game.

#2980 7 years ago

Yep left side looks identical and they said right side and crane are the same..... Change a few inserts eliminate teeter totter with ramp, remove joker can and put interactive LCD. Say in ain't so, but it sure feels that way since they went back to the no spec sheet no pics for this one.

Even if its close at that price point it would be huge disappointment IMO

8b906122f0a47f89c3276b5888b8bb8d72701c33 (resized).jpg8b906122f0a47f89c3276b5888b8bb8d72701c33 (resized).jpg

Batman-Dark-Knight-Pinball-Machine-Playfield (resized).jpgBatman-Dark-Knight-Pinball-Machine-Playfield (resized).jpg

#2981 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Just for fun . . . there are at least 10 differences in the two photos. See if you can find them all.

Gomez appears to have a slightly different head tilt. Can we get a few gif overlays to confirm?

#2982 7 years ago

I feel like Gomez is saying "The LCD goes under here"

And the Bare Naked Ladies dude replies "Under where"

Then Gomez replies "I just made you say underwear"

5243adeda327a9ca4008d338f28495d4adaf6147 (resized).jpg5243adeda327a9ca4008d338f28495d4adaf6147 (resized).jpg

#2983 7 years ago

Some guy suggested all this a few weeks ago ....

rd

Quoted from rotordave:

My guess ... Teeter totter gone, replaced with left ramp. Batman targets pushed back against the left side, before you get to the ramp entrance. Otherwise, much the same.
rd

#2984 7 years ago

"Confederated products....it's an entirely different company....it's an entirely different quality of product." - Go (1999).

#2985 7 years ago

Wait is this Ed and a 66?

20160924_211453 (resized).jpg20160924_211453 (resized).jpg

20160924_163947 (resized).jpg20160924_163947 (resized).jpg

#2986 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I feel like Gomez is saying "The LCD goes under here"
And the Bare Naked Ladies dude replies "Under where"
Then Gomez replies "I just made you say underwear"

Pinch me. That joke was too good to not be a dream.

#2987 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Yep left side looks identical and they said right side and crane are the same..... Change a few inserts eliminate teeter totter with ramp, remove joker can and put interactive LCD. Say in ain't so, but it sure feels that way since they went back to the no spec sheet no pics for this one.
Even if its close at that price point it would be huge disappointment IMO

I certainly hope and expect Gomez has a few tricks up his sleeve beyond that. For the huge price they are asking it needs the kitchen sink thrown in.

#2988 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

He knows all this... it was more a jap at Stern in general. A poor one.. but its not for lack of knowing who Ed is.

You are both wrong.

Bare naked ladies are a terrible band and that silverball song is atrocious.

Ryan Adams or Slash weren't available?

#2989 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are both wrong.

Just give it a rest. Ed is a respected Pinsider and an avid pinhead. That is good enough for me. Everybody can't like the same things in art and entertainment.

#2990 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are both wrong.

You're being a dick

I dont say that often. I hear it a lot tho so I'm an expert

Chill TF out man

#2991 7 years ago

Are people arguing over bands??? Really??

My XM radio has all different kind of music stations for all different kinds of tastes.

My niece listens to a lot of music that I don't like...at the end of the day, I don't really care. Time for everyone to start to lighten up a bit.

#2992 7 years ago

I'm renaming the thread:

romperroomplaceholder2 (resized).jpgromperroomplaceholder2 (resized).jpg

#2993 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm renaming the thread:

Wow.
Now there is a blast from the past.

#2994 7 years ago

Ed is one of the nicest pinballers around. His posts here are well thought out, and he's always trying to broker peace or get people to agree to see things differently. We could use more of that. (I'm as guilty as anyone of going off the rails sometimes.) You might not know his pinside name, but you've definitely read his posts.

He picks up pins while he's touring, what a great way to find games across the country. They get tucked in under the bus. That's rad.

I don't really dig soft rock, or alternative, or whatever genre they play, but who cares? I like trap rap and death metal, plenty of people here probably hate both. I thought the Silver Ball song was catchy and well done, again, it's just not really my kind of music, but I could appreciate it. And more importantly, they filmed the video in his game room and probably exposed a bunch of people to a really nice pinball collection. That's a baller move for the hobby.

They're playing at Stern's party. I won't be there, didn't really feel like many people would want me there, but you should introduce yourself if you see him. I know I will if I do elsewhere at Expo, we've only emailed. I'd be glad to shake his hand. But obviously he's got a relationship with Stern now. Big deal, they let all kinds of "friends of the factory" in. Jack Danger doesn't work for then either. So the guy headlining their party who's a big pinball fan is in town, and they show him some whitewoods and do a little PR (that's obviously working).

Be nice to the nice guys.

#2995 7 years ago

I didn't know Ed was a respected pinsider.

I apologize for slagging his successful band.

It's not my cup of tea but that's not his problem.

Can I still say that Dave Mathews band is annoying and sucks? Dave doesn't post here, does he?

#2996 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

is there a +1000 upvote button?

The only thing I'd have to insist upon would be a 'Major Boobage' wizard mode

#2997 7 years ago

Not to sidetrack, but does anybody know whether Ryan Adams and Slash have Pinside accounts? I would not be surprised if Ryan has one since he seems very active with pinball.

#2998 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ed is one of the nicest pinballers around. His posts here are well thought out

I concur. Danni and I got to hang with Ed and Nate from Coast to Coast at PAPA earlier in the year and Ed was a great guy. We played a heap of pins, even though I had the flu bad and wasn't much fun, Danni loved it.

He reminded me that he had emailed me a few years ago asking if he could bring some kids from his charity to my pinball arcade. He had flown them to Queenstown NZ from Canada I presume. At the time I had no idea who this was emailing me, but I said sure, come on up ... but he didn't realise that Queenstown is like 1500km from my house haha! So they didn't end up coming ... but he says he will be back some time.

rd

#2999 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I concur. Danni and I got to hang with Ed and Nate from Coast to Coast at PAPA earlier in the year and Ed was a great guy. We played a heap of pins, even though I had the flu bad and wasn't much fun, Danni loved it.
He reminded me that he had emailed me a few years ago asking if he could bring some kids from his charity to my pinball arcade. He had flown them to Queenstown NZ from Canada I presume. At the time I had no idea who this was emailing me, but I said sure, come on up ... but he didn't realise that Queenstown is like 1500km from my house haha! So they didn't end up coming ... but he says he will be back some time.
rd

Invite him along to Pincade!

#3000 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Heavy Metal - Such a cool movie. That would make a great pin, but a little dated. But then again 30 year old themes seem to be all the rage these days.....

It was early 80's but tied up for years in legal battles before publicly available again in the 90's for viewing. I was a kid and my Dad pirated on the Sony Beta so I grew up watching it often. Oh the memories but for anyone that hasn't seen it? See it. It doesn't feel dated to this day and YES to a pin for that theme.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/60?hl=sshughes75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.