PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 142.
#2901 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Anyone get any estimates for a B66 premium? I'd like to know the street price. Perhaps I'll switch my order from GB to B66 or Lawlor's game if I don't receive my game by the time they are presented.

Premium street price is around $7599.

#2902 7 years ago

Well.if a B66LE is 9599. why in hell do you think a Pre will be 14k??? Make sense!!

#2903 7 years ago

14k in NZ$. I just got Hobbit LE landed here for a few hundred more than this and considerably less than the local price for a B66 LE.

#2904 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well.if a B66LE is 9599. why in hell do you think a Pre will be 14k??? Make sense!!

Looking at his user name, sounds like he is from New Zealand.

#2905 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

14k in NZ$. I just got Hobbit LE landed here for a little bit more than this and considerably less than the local price for a B66 LE.

This is why I now want to see what JJP3 is going to look like, now the prices have evened out
Yip.. BM66 prem = 9981 US for NZ buyers.
So Ices LE is a good deal for $9600 US

#2906 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Yip.. BM66 prem = 9981 US for NZ buyers.
So Ices LE is a good deal for $9600 US

I have had people around my place over the last few days to check out TH. We were talking about Coin Cascade's price list for BM66. Consensus was laughter. A number of us have previously bought Stern NIBs.

For those of you in the US as context so you know where we are coming from. Take the full Stern retail price price, add 15% for tax and then another 15% cause the only Stern distributor in the country says so. That is what we are supposed to pay. Exchange rates have improved for us but our local pricing hasn't changed.

#2907 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

For those of you in the US as context so you know where we are coming from. Take the full Stern retail price price, add 15% for tax and then another 15% cause the only Stern distributor in the country says so. That is what we are supposed to pay. Exchange rates have improved for us but our local pricing hasn't changed.

That's horrible. Why does Stern allow tacking on another 15%? I don't see how they sell any pins over there.

#2908 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's horrible. Why does Stern allow tacking on another 15%? I don't see how they sell any pins over there.

Same shit in Canada, check out this ridiculousness from our only distro:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/city-of-toronto/wizard-of-oz-standard-edition-pinball/1185525326?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$8500 USD = $11200 CAD today as per Google... not even close to the $13390 CAD+tax that Starburst is asking.

So a game that Americans can buy for $8500 is over 15k in Canada with tax. Nearly double.

These price increases will absolutely destroy NIB pinball sales outside of America.

Edit:
Here's a Stern... WWELE, only 12k+13% tax, what a deal! "Financing available" - You're gonna need it!
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/mississauga-peel-region/wwe-wrestlemania-le-pinball/1053612009?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

#2909 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

These price increases will absolutely destroy NIB pinball sales outside of America.

Hard to believe they allow a monopoly on sales like that. Should be able to buy a pin direct from Stern as an option in that case.

#2910 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Looking at his user name, sounds like he is from New Zealand.

Mikey, it might be time to put your location next to your username.

rd

#2911 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Mikey, it might be time to put your location next to your username.
rd

Just checked, I could see it on mine, but was set to private.

Quoted from clg:

I have had people around my place over the last few days to check out TH. We were talking about Coin Cascade's price list for BM66. Consensus was laughter. A number of us have previously bought Stern NIBs.

CLG, are you playing in the Christchurch vs Wellington comp next month?

#2912 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

For those of you in the US as context so you know where we are coming from. Take the full Stern retail price price, add 15% for tax and then another 15% cause the only Stern distributor in the country says so.

You're not quite right there. You haven't factored in shipping. Unless you have a tardis, you need to ship it.

8599 USD RRP for a premium = $11,876 NZD
Plus 15% tax = 13,657.40
Plus shipping and shipping costs $1000
= $14,657 landed (no profit added)

7500 USD is the reported "street price" = $10,360 NZD
Plus 15% tax = $11,914
= $12,914
Plus $1000 profit = $14,000 (inc GST)

There's your pricing model. Pretty much down to the dollar.

rd

#2913 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't think its a matter of Stern allowing or not allowing the extra charge.

Its probably more that the distributor put the prices up because our dollar tanked last year. The NZ dollar is back up (about 15% better) and now the distributor is hoping we are all used to the new pricing point.

Only sure way to get prices down again is if we don't buy at the current prices and let the local distributor and Stern know why.

#2914 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You're not quite right there. You haven't factored in shipping. Unless you have a tardis, you need to ship it.
Plus 15% tax = 13,657.40
Plus 15% tax = $11,914
= $12,914
rd

Is shipping really that much? Don't they ship by sea and a few at a time?

#2915 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

Is shipping really that much? Don't they ship by sea and a few at a time?

If you buy a container full, the shipping cost per unit drops dramatically. Unfortunately they ain't selling 20-30 new Sterns in NZ at one time.

Ship a few pins LCL and that's what youll be looking at, by the time you include all the MAF fees etc etc etc. The freight part is about $500-600 USD per unit, all the fees etc add up. The more you ship, the cheaper it gets.

$2000-2500 plus taxes to airfreight a machine.

rd

#2916 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Just checked, I could see it on mine, but was set to private.

CLG, are you playing in the Christchurch vs Wellington comp next month?

Yep I will be there

#2917 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hard to believe they allow a monopoly on sales like that. Should be able to buy a pin direct from Stern as an option in that case.

stern sells through distributors (it choses). the point of the distributor is to do the stuff STERN DOESN'T WANT. Buying direct from stern as an option is kinda 180degrees from the choices stern themselves are making.

#2918 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Plus 15% tax = 13,657.40
Plus 15% tax = $11,914
= $12,914
rd

Get where you are coming from with shipping but in the USA MSRP presumably includes transport from Stern to the distributor which while not as much still costs so factor that in. CC still seemed very quick to bump up prices when the NZ$ fell and have haven't done anything since rates have gone our way.

TBF ever since CC didn't replace a bad DMD on Tony's (now my) Metallica I haven't liked them.

#2919 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Wow thats higher than what was originally thought... 7600 for premium just crazy imo

#2920 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

That sounds about right. Pinballs.com has it listed for $7999 with free shipping and they are usually on the high side.

http://pinballstore.tripod.com/batman-66-pinball-machine.html

As was expected, the LE is listed there at full MSRP of $9,999 + shipping is NOT included.

So MRSP difference between Batman premium and LE is $1400 but if you look at actual street price difference its more like $2,400 or so. Stern already said on their FB page that playfields will be identical between Batman premium and LE. So what do you think could they add to that would make it worth an extra $2,400?

#2921 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

$8500 USD = $11200 CAD today as per Google... not even close to the $13390 CAD+tax that Starburst is asking.
So a game that Americans can buy for $8500 is over 15k in Canada with tax. Nearly double.

That applies only to this WOZ which I can't understand, 8500usd pin is what 12,500 with tax, still out of control but what Playdium is doing charging extra on that WOZ is crap. Unless its the Ruby Red edition and they screwed it up which is the most likely answer, still TH standard is 11,590 then the LE 12,390 so what the hell is with 13,390, I think I might know.

Fuckfaceitis

Having the disease of being a fuckface

I haven't seen you in a while, I thought you died but its good to see they found a cure for fuckfaceitis.

#2922 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That applies only to this WOZ which I can't understand, 8500usd pin is what 12,500 with tax, still out of control but what Playdium is doing charging extra on that WOZ is crap. Unless its the Ruby Red edition and they screwed it up which is the most likely answer, still TH standard is 11,590 then the LE 12,390 so what the hell is with 13,390, I think I might know.
Fuckfaceitis
Having the disease of being a fuckface
I haven't seen you in a while, I thought you died but its good to see they found a cure for fuckfaceitis.

You can't use current exchange when figuring out the price, it is exchange at time they bought it. So it could be they stocked that WOZ at the low point for the dollar.

I know when I bought my STLE I contacted about a premium, they said they could order one, but they had a STLE in stock they bought when the dollar was better. Turned out to be a better deal.

Or maybe it is one of the ultra rare direct print standards those are worth more right

#2923 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That applies only to this WOZ which I can't understand

What about the WWELE? $11,950 + tax... Those go for what, $7500 USD? That should be under 10k CAD... Yet again, another 2k tacked on.

It's not exchange fluctuation, it's gouging. Fuck Starburst.

#2924 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When I was 74, I saw Clueless at the theater, and had an instant crush on her.
I had my manager arrange a meeting with her and Bill.
We had some drinks in Bill's apartment and she was all over me.
I became mildly aroused.
Then I was like "Wait a minute, I'm gay!"
Bill says "I wondered what the hell you were doing, idiot".
So we never even made it to bed.
I hit the Strip about 1am, and left her in the care of Mr. Cosby.

What the fuck?

#2925 7 years ago

JawJaw,U know who I am!! This site is set up for support.Before I listed the price I'm paying for my B66LE it was speculation.If we here were buying a hot commodity from NZ,You can bet your rear we would have to pay the piper as well!!SO,get in touch with a buddy here in the states,and he will buy one for U and one for him! Since your not able to figure this out on your own,stop crying! Whining about it won't lower the price 1 cent!

#2926 7 years ago

I hope they can make the LE's look something like the batmobile.

BM66 LE (resized).jpgBM66 LE (resized).jpg

#2927 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cherry picking and nonsense.
I know a guy who paid $6500 for a beater CV yesterday.
THe big collapse across the board that people have been predicting for 15 years isn't happening anytime soon, sorry.

Sorry but you can never help if someone overpays - why didn't your "guy" buy this one for $6k - even if it was shipped it would have been cheaper, and it certainly isn't a "beater" by any stretch of the imagination:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cirqus-voltaire-bally-1997-2016

And I had mine listed for $6,500 for a few months recently - and in even better condition than the above with no playfield issues.

To pay $6,500 for a "beater" CV at this point is greatly overpaying. Period.

#2928 7 years ago

batgirl (resized).jpgbatgirl (resized).jpg

#2929 7 years ago

Holy smokes batgirl. My memory has just been sold, my batgirl is a centerfold.

#2930 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow thats higher than what was originally thought... 7600 for premium just crazy imo

7600 is one data point, I've heard lower.

#2931 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Sorry but you can never help if someone overpays - why didn't your "guy" buy this one for $6k - even if it was shipped it would have been cheaper, and it certainly isn't a "beater" by any stretch of the imagination:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cirqus-voltaire-bally-1997-2016
And I had mine listed for $6,500 for a few months recently - and in even better condition than the above with no playfield issues.
To pay $6,500 for a "beater" CV at this point is greatly overpaying. Period.

It was in better shape than that, and it wasn't 700 miles away.

Does anybody have any more questions about this one? There really seems to be a lot of interest.

If you REALLY care, PM me and I'll tell you exactly where the CV in question is (it's a public location), you can go play it yourself, and you can lecture the buyer on the actual value of his CV and the current state of the fluctuating pinball market, and why in fact, games like CV will soon be worth pennies on the 2016 dollar.

He'll be fascinated, I'm sure.

#2932 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was in better shape than that

If it was in better shape than the one linked and you consider it a beater?!

Remind me to never let you see my collection!!! Yikes!

#2933 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

7600 is one data point, I've heard lower.

So what have you heard?

What's with people trying to be coy all the time?

#2934 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

What's with people trying to be coy all the time?

I posted unimpeachable evidence not long ago in another thread. Pinside didn't like the truth and I was villainized for it.

Lesson learned.

#2935 7 years ago

Well, Stern is known to have minimal sales prices they allow distributors to sell for. Anyone happen to know what it is for BM66?

#2936 7 years ago

Sternn - Heavy Metal (resized).jpgSternn - Heavy Metal (resized).jpg

#2937 7 years ago

#2938 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was in better shape than that, and it wasn't 700 miles away.
Does anybody have any more questions about this one? There really seems to be a lot of interest.
If you REALLY care, PM me and I'll tell you exactly where the CV in question is (it's a public location), you can go play it yourself, and you can lecture the buyer on the actual value of his CV and the current state of the fluctuating pinball market, and why in fact, games like CV will soon be worth pennies on the 2016 dollar.
He'll be fascinated, I'm sure.

It was in better shape, but was a "beater"? Huh? What exactly is your definition of a "beater"??

What would you call your STTNG that you are selling then - a hideous disaster that belongs in a landfill?

#2939 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

It was in better shape, but was a "beater"? Huh? What exactly is your definition of a "beater"??
What would you call your STTNG that you are selling then - a hideous disaster that belongs in a landfill?

My friend bought what he called "a beater" CV for 6500.

This is not my problem. It's not your problem. This has nothing to do with me, nor any machines I'm selling. If you would like details and photos of that machine, please visit my marketplace ad:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/39626

The things people choose to pick fights about here never cease to amaze me. You seem angry that you had trouble selling your CV. This wasn't my fault, it wasn't my friend's fault, and it wasn't my STTNG's fault. Maybe it was just bad timing. Maybe the location wasn't right. Maybe people just don't like you. I have no idea why. But the market on classic 90s B/W games remains strong, and it will remain strong, in my opinion.

You and others are free to disagree, and we will just have to leave it at that. I don't even know if you disagree with me - all you want to talk about is a random CV that changed hands last week. Puzzling.

#2940 7 years ago

Little bit of the Batman 66 whitewood visible in latest facebook post.

14500476_10154541196244244_579019012252708169_o (resized).jpg14500476_10154541196244244_579019012252708169_o (resized).jpg

#2941 7 years ago

Batman is dead!

#2942 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My friend bought what he called "a beater" CV for 6500.
This is not my problem. It's not your problem. This has nothing to do with me, nor any machines I'm selling. If you would like details and photos of that machine, please visit my marketplace ad:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/39626
The things people choose to pick fights about here never cease to amaze me. You seem angry that you had trouble selling your CV. This wasn't my fault, it wasn't my friend's fault, and it wasn't my STTNG's fault. Maybe it was just bad timing. Maybe the location wasn't right. Maybe people just don't like you. I have no idea why. But the market on classic 90s B/W games remains strong, and it will remain strong, in my opinion.
You and others are free to disagree, and we will just have to leave it at that. I don't even know if you disagree with me - all you want to talk about is a random CV that changed hands last week. Puzzling.

LOL - I seem angry about selling my CV? Not sure where you got that from. No one is picking a fight, either - you seem to not be very perceptive about people's intentions. I simply used a CV as an example of a pin whose price has dropped in the last year - and then you are making it sound like I said the world is coming apart and pins are going to be sold for pennies on the dollar. Re-read everything I said - I was simply pointing out that prices were coming down. Is that such a horrible thing to say? And somehow WE are picking fights with you?! And then you chime in with your example of a "beater" CV that "a friend" picked up for $6,500, yet somehow it's now better than the relatively nice CV's that are listed.

Let's get to the point - everyone here knows what happened - either you exaggerated the "beater", or you are now exaggerating that it's in nice condition. It's one of the two. You already tried to deflect in this post by now saying it's your "friend" who called it a "beater", but you were quick to stand up and say it's nicer than the others.

I challenge you to find another person on here who would agree with you that a CV in "beater" condition is currently worth $6,500. No one will agree with you.

#2944 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

LOL - I seem angry about selling my CV? Not sure where you got that from. No one is picking a fight, either - you seem to not be very perceptive about people's intentions. I simply used a CV as an example of a pin whose price has dropped in the last year - and then you are making it sound like I said the world is coming apart and pins are going to be sold for pennies on the dollar. Re-read everything I said - I was simply pointing out that prices were coming down. Is that such a horrible thing to say? And somehow WE are picking fights with you?! And then you chime in with your example of a "beater" CV that "a friend" picked up for $6,500, yet somehow it's now better than the relatively nice CV's that are listed.
Let's get to the point - everyone here knows what happened - either you exaggerated the "beater", or you are now exaggerating that it's in nice condition. It's one of the two. You already tried to deflect in this post by now saying it's your "friend" who called it a "beater", but you were quick to stand up and say it's nicer than the others.
I challenge you to find another person on here who would agree with you that a CV in "beater" condition is currently worth $6,500. No one will agree with you.

NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS

#2945 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Doesn't look like an LCD on/in the playfield from that angle

#2946 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Is that Ed Robertson? Getting a little inside info?

#2947 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Yes.

The bar for "celebrity" is apparently incredibly low in pinball when it comes to special privileges afforded.

#2948 7 years ago

Time for another one of these, I think...

Julie_Newmar-VintageCelebs-com-00014 (resized).jpgJulie_Newmar-VintageCelebs-com-00014 (resized).jpg

#2949 7 years ago

Looks like 6 Standup targets on the left side just like BDK. Must just be the back left side (new toy) and criss cross ramps that really differentiate it from BDK.

#2950 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Yes.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.