• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 142.
#2851 4 years ago

At the end if the day stern is still the only company with any kind of solid credibility. We all know BM66 buyers will have their games soon.

The rest of this stuff is just a sideshow as far as I'm concerned. You'd be nuts to have any faith or make a financial committment to this Houdini nonsense and god knows when or if any of these other games will actually ship.

Plenty of "air" will be back for stern once they reveal.

#2852 4 years ago

You know what they say "the road goes on forever and the party never ends"

I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to believe the pinball industry can't take a hit.

If somebody is paying $6500 for a CV "beater" then that person has zero patience or just clueless. Makes my GBLE look like a bargain

#2853 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At the end if the day stern is still the only company with any kind of solid credibility. We all know BM66 buyers will have their games soon.
The rest of this stuff is just a sideshow as far as I'm concerned. You'd be nuts to have any faith or make a financial committment to this Houdini nonsense and god knows when or if any of these other games will actually ship.

Couldn't agree more this time

#2854 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This isn't quite true. Come on, Spooky made all 150 AMH and they are being enjoyed by owners and standing up just fine, RZ are shipping and they are over half way through their product run, they are also making and shipping the Dominoes pins which were contracted and are already working on their next game.

JJP has been shipping WOZ now for quite some time and they are doing fine, Hobbits are now shipping too and they are revealing a third game.

Chicago has been shipping MMRs and I am sure they will do more.

Stern is the biggest sure, but they aren't the only game by any means... As far as have their BM66 games soon, well I'm still waiting for my damn GB Premium that I put a deposit on in March! Honestly I expected much better out of them for that and so help me it better not have playfield issues... If JJP shows a great third game and starts shipping them before I have my GB in hand, then I may just move my cash to there. I promise many have already pulled out of GB because of all the issues with playfields and delays.

Now, Houdini, stay far and away. That part I'll agree with.

#2855 4 years ago

People are still waiting for MMRs and hobbits they paid for years ago.

Stern is the only reliable mass producers of pinball machines at this point and that's a big reason the bm66 reveal will be the biggest deal.

#2856 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to believe the pinball industry can't take a hit.
If somebody is paying $6500 for a CV "beater" then that person has zero patience or just clueless. Makes my GBLE look like a bargain

The "industry" isn't 20 year old games, it's the 6 pinball companies attempting to sell $7,000+ brand new machines to consumers and operators.

The collector hobby is completely different, and it isn't going to collapse. In fact, it'll be the last thing to go, and if that happens we are all gonna have a mess of more important problems in our lives.

I don't care what happens with all of these companies and the "industry" you keep confusing for the hobby. The bottom isn't gonna drop out of the vintage classic market.

#2857 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern is the only reliable mass producers of pinball machines at this point and that's a big reason the bm66 reveal will be the biggest deal.

Not to mention that the only reason that Stern has delayed GBs is due to the playfield fiasco. Rumour has it that this has now been resolved (yet to be confirmed) but once people are convinced, GBs will be selling again in large numbers, I suspect -and Stern will soon be back up to speed in their new facility, pumping out pins faster than all the other companies combined.

Nothing against any of the other companies, but NONE of them have avoided production issues at one time or another.

#2858 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I thought the pre-order MMRs were about done with the exception of the Twisted Pins customers. It does not sound as though those people will be getting games unless a lawsuit happens from what I have heard in the rumor mill.

It does seem that all manufacturers are "reliable" when the games are ready to ship to ready-to-pay customers.

The only way manufacturers will be accountable and reliable is if we stop pre-paying and only pay when the game is ready to ship. Pay with credit card so you have a couple months to get your money back if the game does not ship.

#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The "industry" isn't 20 year old games, it's the 6 pinball companies attempting to sell $7,000+ brand new machines to consumers and operators.
The collector hobby is completely different, and it isn't going to collapse. In fact, it'll be the last thing to go, and if that happens we are all gonna have a mess of more important problems in our lives.
I don't care what happens with all of these companies and the "industry" you keep confusing for the hobby. The bottom isn't gonna drop out of the vintage classic market.

The "collector hobby" is the only thing keeping the "industry" going.

Everybody that has multiple pins is a "collector". Whether they are "new" or "vintage".

Whether you have 12 pins or 120 pins, you "collect" them because you can't play them all the time.

The "vintage" market can certainly experience a downturn. Especially if more people desire the new "industry" pins that you care nothing about.

What is "vintage" today? EM's?

#2860 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The "collector hobby" is the only thing keeping the "industry" going.
Everybody that has multiple pins is a "collector". Whether they are "new" or "vintage".
Whether you have 12 pins or 120 pins, you "collect" them because you can't play them all the time.
The "vintage" market can certainly experience a downturn. Especially if more people desire the new "industry" pins that you care nothing about.
What is "vintage" today? EM's?

Do you get "paid" by the "quotation mark?"

Even when "Stern" was limping along and "in" serious doubt of "suriving," prices on classic 90s games "were" still healthy.

That won't change. It has never changed. The "industry" can collapse in part and that won't change.

""

#2861 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I think JJP3 did, especially now that machines will be at the show. Also makes me think this is why Stern are locking in deposits before we can see the new Pat Lawlor game

Pinside reality distortion field must be set on 11 today..

#2862 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Man, JPop really took the air out of Batman '66.

Based on pinside post counts?

#2863 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Even when "Stern" was limping along and "in" serious doubt of "suriving," prices on classic 90s games "were" still healthy.
That won't change. It has never changed. The "industry" can collapse in part and that won't change.
""

"Yes"

They were still "healthy" then because there was NOTHING else to buy. Get it?

Many more options today. The vintage games were more desirable than the crap Stern was pumping out

#2864 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well by that criteria stern is not eligible either... Given the significant backlog of undelivered games from stern too 2016 has been brutal on stern's rep

#2865 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Not to mention that the only reason that Stern has delayed GBs is due to the playfield fiasco.

Uhh.. Revisionist history? The stern execution delays of 2016 predate ghostbusters

#2866 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

""

"Ha" "ha" "!"

#2867 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Yes"
They were still "healthy" then because there was NOTHING else to buy. Get it?
Many more options today. The vintage games were more desirable than the crap Stern was pumping out

Great. I get it.

We'll see if that continues. As the supposed ongoing "collapse" of the vintage market is still completely in your imagination, we'll have to see what happens in the long run. I see some of these new companies going away a long time before I see people giving away their 90s classics.

#2868 4 years ago

Ok got it. So the 90's classics count. Ive got a few myself so I'm relieved

Who is saying it will collapse?

Over time, if Stern, JJP and others keep making great pins the classics will lose a little bloom off the rose. But they are priced that way now

I def don't lose sleep over what my classics will do or not do in the future. I like them

I agree that some of these new guys won't be around in 2017-18. And we might hear about one at expo.

All of these $8k plus pins are money losers imo

BM66LE is my last purchase for awhile. After this I'm gonna let the dust settle on the hype train and hysteria that is about to explode at expo

#2869 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

hysteria that is about to explode at expo

Think this could be truth....I'm stoked!!! If 90's are considered classics w some of these new ones, my " pinball portfolio" is diversified enough....

#2870 4 years ago

The generally accepted definition of "vintage" is 25 years. In case you haven't noticed, the 90s games are either there or getting there quickly.

#2871 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Pinside reality distortion field must be set on 11 today..

Reality is fine on this side of the world

#2872 4 years ago

Pinball will disappear in my opinion and in the not so distant future, now I'm talking decades here and I hope I'm wrong but the young ones of today will not embrace this hobby, they didn't grow up in arcades and with the exception of a few that will carry on with their fathers collection I just don't see it and predict it goes heavy into the VR realm as that tech becomes better and better, I'm sure that a small faction will always be trading and buying used pins, manufacturing? I don't know.
Point is lets just enjoy this for as long as it lasts, when I started collecting there was only Stern, now you have Heighway, JJP, Dutch, Spooky, I mean I agree things have gotten expensive but the alternative sucks.

#2873 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The generally accepted definition of "vintage" is 25 years. In case you haven't noticed, the 90s games are either there or getting there quickly.

Just did that math....'92 TAF, '93 TZ.....shit, they are old ( but play great!!!)....

#2874 4 years ago

Hey... I am vintage times 2 and change. I am EXTRA vintage.

#2875 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

You just had to go there.....I'm with ya...

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok now you are just making shit up. since we are arguing about it, "vintage" is commonly used as the year a wine was made and has been hijacked for other purposes.

Antique is over 100 yrs. Vintage is 50-100 for eBay description and collector standards.

I don't care what you call it. Old stuff versus new stuff, I'm agreeing with you for the most part.

If it's great now it's always gonna be great. Who cares

#2877 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Antique is over 100 yrs. Vintage is 50-100

Damn it, I am still vintage. Hope I make it to antique.

#2878 4 years ago

"Classic" was always the 25 year term when I was doing car shows. Antique was 100 years.

Vintage (for anything other than wine) to me just means used... have you seen all the vintage shops around.

#2879 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Pinball will disappear in my opinion and in the not so distant future, now I'm talking decades here and I hope I'm wrong but the young ones of today will not embrace this hobby, they didn't grow up in arcades and with the exception of a few that will carry on with their fathers collection I just don't see it and predict it goes heavy into the VR realm as that tech becomes better and better, I'm sure that a small faction will always be trading and buying used pins, manufacturing? I don't know.
Point is lets just enjoy this for as long as it lasts, when I started collecting there was only Stern, now you have Heighway, JJP, Dutch, Spooky, I mean I agree things have gotten expensive but the alternative sucks.

Lots of young people who didn't play in arcades when they were younger or have fathers with collections are getting into pinball. (Hi!)

Do you play in many leagues or tournaments in your area? Do you know the scene well enough to be making these suggestions? Pinball is never going to take over society, but there's lots of growing interest.

#2880 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok now you are just making shit up.

Honestly, I've decided that's just the way to roll around here. Everybody else is doin' it.

#2881 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Damn it, I am still vintage. Hope I make it to antique.

STOP!!! Antique not in my cards...

#2882 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Do you play in many leagues or tournaments in your area? Do you know the scene well enough to be making these suggestions? Pinball is never going to take over society, but there's lots of growing interest.

No and No, was just my opinion.

#2883 4 years ago

Fans,I've been away 4 vacation,has anyone seen a B66 yet???

#2884 4 years ago

This thread is now called the Levi and Ice show.... just stop.

#2885 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Honestly, I've decided that's just the way to roll around here. Everybody else is doin' it.

I don't make shit up, even though I'm a licensed coproimagineer in all 51 states.

#2886 4 years ago

There's some villian artwork a few pages back Hawk

#2887 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thanks for your valuable contribution!

#2888 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Back to the Batman updates. Oh wait, there aren't any

Don't you like to watch annoying children argue? What's wrong with you

#2889 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You know what they say "the road goes on forever and the party never ends"

Something unexpected could happen. It's happened in the past within pinball. It didn't take long for Gottlieb to go from industry leader to bottom rung. It didn't take long for B/W to go from industry leader to dust. I'm happy the industry is healthy now and excited for what all the new manufacturers can come up with but I do wonder about the future, even for Stern.

#2890 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Something unexpected could happen. It's happened in the past within pinball. It didn't take long for Gottlieb to go from industry leader to bottom rung. It didn't take long for B/W to go from industry leader to dust. I'm happy the industry is healthy now and excited for what all the new manufacturers can come up with but I do wonder about the future, even for Stern.

I'm FAR more concerned about the mental health of Pinsiders than I am the financial health of Stern Pinball.

#2891 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'm FAR more concerned about the mental health of Pinsiders than I am the financial health of Stern Pinball.

Financial health is not what I'm referring to but ownership or leadership changes. It's good now but it could look very different in a short time. I'm not worried, just something I'm curious about.

#2892 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I just see the Levi show!!!

#2893 4 years ago

Thank you,TKD

#2894 4 years ago

And,by the way,my Dealer is asking $9599.00 No mention of a shaker motor yet!!

#2895 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Quoted from MK6PIN:

You just had to go there.....I'm with ya...

...back away from the table, I'm a double vintage WITH a four card.

#2896 4 years ago

BMLE AND AFMRM SHOULD BE HERE IN 60 DAYS , THIS IS WHERE PINBALL IS GOIMG. ALL WITH LCD , AS WELL AS INTERACTIVE
LCDs on the play field , can't wait .

#2897 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

...back away from the table, I'm a double vintage WITH a four card.

Well, I raise your 4 w my 7 ( shit)....only doing this as no relevant BM info......

#2898 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

BMLE AND AFMRM SHOULD BE HERE IN 60 DAYS , THIS IS WHERE PINBALL IS GOIMG. ALL WITH LCD , AS WELL AS INTERACTIVE
LCDs on the play field , can't wait .

In fairness, this is where Heighway is living now....

#2899 4 years ago

Anyone get any estimates for a B66 premium? I'd like to know the street price. Perhaps I'll switch my order from GB to B66 or Lawlor's game if I don't receive my game by the time they are presented.

#2900 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Anyone get any estimates for a B66 premium? I'd like to know the street price. Perhaps I'll switch my order from GB to B66 or Lawlor's game if I don't receive my game by the time they are presented.

14k Here

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside