PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 142.
#2801 7 years ago

"What a dick Mr. Hand"

fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-5 (resized).jpgfast-times-at-ridgemont-high-5 (resized).jpg

#2802 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

just before things went POP!

God, I hope so. I'm sitting here with a hankering for old games and if this stupid bubble collapses, they will be afforable again.

#2803 7 years ago

I went to that school. There were literally dozens of guys just like him there. Gnarly, man!

#2804 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

What if someone has accomplished half of these goals?........
Truth be told, this theory should apply to buying ANY pin, or luxury item, or vacation, or gamble if you want to play by the book.
Maybe the individual can make their own decision, based on their own personal criteria. I'm not rich, but have gambled far more than 2k just loaning someone money, or business deal....risk vs. reward...a personal choice....

Meh don't mind me. I'm just tired of the current pinball situation lately & prolly need a break.

#2805 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Meh don't mind me. I'm just tired of the current pinball situation lately & prolly need a break.

All good w me ( you are right, btw)....I don't take anything on here too serious....I have more than enough drama at work

#2806 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

God, I hope so. I'm sitting here with a hankering for old games and if this stupid bubble collapses, they will be afforable again.

Good luck! That only happens if everyone sells their games off simultaneously. As ridiculous as NIB games have gotten, that madness doesn't really affect those who are happy with their collections, and there are always people hunting for classics and new people joining the hobby every day.

#2807 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Good luck! That only happens if everyone sells their games off simultaneously. As ridiculous as NIB games have gotten, that madness doesn't really affect those who are happy with their collections, and there are always people hunting for classics and new people joining the hobby every day.

Eh, I've only been in the buying/selling part for 5 years myself, but seems pin prices have tripled. You know what hasn't changed? People are fundamentally lazy. Project prices can still be awesome, and they'll only be better and more out there if people know they can't turn an *easy* profit by just slapping a rag around and buying some 150 buck plastics and selling it for 300 bucks more than they paid for the game+parts. If the market goes down, and people aren't making so much money, there will be less to go around, less demand. It'll happen sooner or later, and I'm okay biding my time. =P

#2808 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It's already started - CV's can't even sell for $6k right now, and just a year ago it was $7k and above, even higher before that. Tron LE has dropped quite a bit, although of course not as old. Seeing many older, A titles just not being able to get the prices they were just a year ago.

#2809 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

It's already started - CV's can't even sell for $6k right now, and just a year ago it was $7k and above, even higher before that. Tron LE has dropped quite a bit, although of course not as old. Seeing many older, A titles just not being able to get the prices they were just a year ago.

Couldn't that be because there have been a lot of great releases in the past few years? Homes are only so big.

#2810 7 years ago

Cv and especially tron le were over priced anyway. Ive been offered plenty of cv but the theme and gameplay are ok at best so i passed on all them even a 6k. When i put my luci up this week i had plenty of offers of 9k+ so not all titles are slow at selling at the moment. In the end i traded for another high in title and both parties are happy. It does seem a little slow at the moment with shows and expo coming up but it will pick up again in the winter especially with nib prices as high as they are.

#2811 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Eh, I've only been in the buying/selling part for 5 years myself, but seems pin prices have tripled. You know what hasn't changed? People are fundamentally lazy. Project prices can still be awesome, and they'll only be better and more out there if people know they can't turn an *easy* profit by just slapping a rag around and buying some 150 buck plastics and selling it for 300 bucks more than they paid for the game+parts. If the market goes down, and people aren't making so much money, there will be less to go around, less demand. It'll happen sooner or later, and I'm okay biding my time. =P

I love project games - most of my collection was built on cheap projects. I just never see project games come up anymore - there was only so many units out there, and as they got gobbled up and restored over a few decades, if those games go back out into the world, they're not projects anymore. In 2007-2010 there wee multiple awesome projects per day on CL. Today? Dead zone.

#2812 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love project games - most of my collection was built on cheap projects. I just never see project games come up anymore - there was only so many units out there, and as they got gobbled up and restored over a few decades, if those games go back out into the world, they're not projects anymore. In 2007-2010 there wee multiple awesome projects per day on CL. Today? Dead zone.

Same here built my collection with projects over the past 3-4years and now they rarely pop up which is another reason prices are higher bc most stuff has allready been fixed up and sold at a higer price .

#2813 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I was just now told my deposit goes non-refundable immediately without seeing anything of the game. My distributor is a good guy and he said this was a directive from Stern. I told him I understand but I was insulted and I just dropped out.

Hmmm...maybe Stern doesn't have a whole lot of confidence in the game and wants everyone's deposits locked in before it gets revealed.

#2814 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Hmmm...maybe Stern doesn't have a whole lot of confidence in the game and wants everyone's deposits locked in before it gets revealed.

Yep, that's good for the long term viability JV? That's genius.

#2815 7 years ago

they need those deposits to pay Adam West for the meet and greet.. you dont expect them to shell out for that themselves do you? its their anniversary after all

#2816 7 years ago

I just started reading the tail end of.this thread, Stern wants non refundable deposits ?? No pre orders for me ever again, CV prices may have dropped along with a lot of Bally classics, but I will always take an original .The entire remake plan could tank.over night ? then will see what happens to prices,

I buy and collect pins for the love of pinball, not as investments.

#2817 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I don't expect this type of sales tactic from the #1 pinball company in history

Really? Sure they are #1 today but in history they are probably 3 or 4.

#2818 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Really? Sure they are #1 today but in history they are probably 3 or 4.

JJP may price the next game under what Bat man premium costs. If this is true, where is your money going?

A well built Pat Lawlor game, or Stern's normal that's how we do it type game.

#2819 7 years ago

I was thinking there is a positive about selling a bunch of $10-$15K boutique games-is it helps suck out money from collectors that otherwise might have spent their money on re-conditioned or older games. When I see someone's collection with a bunch of boutique games-I say thank you for not hoarding all the under-rated Sterns and classic Bally-Williams. These boutique games help balance the rapid inflation that we are experiencing. I have seen people sell a few older collectable titles in order to obtain the latest and greatest boutique pin-again I say thank you.

Speaking of....Anyone selling some games to buy a Batman66?

#2820 7 years ago

Stern's marketing dept justifies another Hitler video.

#2821 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

JJP may price the next game under what Bat man premium costs. If this is true, where is your money going?
A well built Pat Lawlor game, or Stern's normal that's how we do it type game.

Agree, besides the LCD in Sterns game which we all wanted what elese innovative will we see in Batman. Will it be packed like GB with stuff. We know JJP will pack a ton I stuff in game at lower cost. Still wish stern would do a widebody someday to see what we could get out of them in a bigger playfield. Oh well.

#2822 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just never see project games come up anymore

Bought a Gottlieb Magnotron for 150 bucks 2 weeks ago. Has a repainted cab and really nice backglass compared to every other Magnotron I've personally seen. Needs a lot of mechanical work, but....to me the glass and cab alone were worth the 150 bucks.

#2823 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Bought a Gottlieb Magnotron for 150 bucks 2 weeks ago. Has a repainted cab and really nice backglass compared to every other Magnotron I've personally seen. Needs a lot of mechanical work, but....to me the glass and cab alone were worth the 150 bucks.

Sweet! How about project 90's games? Let's be honest, that's what most collectors are after and if a sweet deal shows up on CL, you better get ready to fight the vultures within the first minute it's posted. To me, that's the sign that there is no bubble. There are at least multiple retailers searching for inventory at all times...between them and collectors, it's very difficult to find a great deal out there anymore.

#2824 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

LE or SLE? I know you were in for both.

I sent Gary an email this morning asking him to remove my name from the Super LE list so I'm out on both.

While I find their tactics arrogant and insulting, Stern is free to operate their company as they see fit and I exercised my right to choose.
Stern will do just fine without my business and another manufacture will be pleased to see me.

I’ve had other disappointments in life and many of them have ironically resulted in my favor. I've got a feeling this may be another.

#2825 7 years ago

The working projects I have seen are usually priced too high. Then the local arcade will sell a working non-project Demo Man for $2200. Go figure.

#2826 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How about project 90's games?

Not quite all 90's, but solid states in my time... (God half these were booting and playing when I bought them....not even full projects..)

Space Shuttle 500
Pinbot 200
DE Time Machine 400
Diamondplate Rollergames 400
Gottlieb Count-Down 150
F-14 Tomcat 500
STTNG 1400
Stern Magic 500
Comet 350

Yeah. Almost all of these were over 2 years ago. We're in the middle of a HUGE bubble and games like these currently can't be found unless you have some hookup from an estate or someone died or something like that. All those came off Craigslist. Every last one. -_- But yeah..before the bubble? Add all that up. It's 4400. The price of **ONE STERN PRO** up until what...Metallica or so?

#2827 7 years ago

Sorry, couldn't make it through 57 pages of... Well you know.... Any new pictures yet?

#2828 7 years ago

Those are some nice finds Frax... Even the "expensive" one was a steal!

#2829 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sweet! How about project 90's games? Let's be honest, that's what most collectors are after and if a sweet deal shows up on CL, you better get ready to fight the vultures within the first minute it's posted. To me, that's the sign that there is no bubble. There are at least multiple retailers searching for inventory at all times...between them and collectors, it's very difficult to find a great deal out there anymore.

This seems like the same scenario in Australia at the moment. A reasonably cheap TSPP appeared in the classifieds on the other side of the country (I would have ignored it immediately due to location). Apparently a dealer snapped it up and going by their prices, would have nearly tripled the price once they put it up for sale. The courier cost mustn't have been a problem for them.

#2830 7 years ago

I love Batman, have probably a hundred Hot Wheels Batmobiles, would probably blow a truck stop for a 1 like JK's and would pay 15k all day for a super LE if I had the cash the hand which I do not, so my opinion on the process is useless. I'm also not going to read 57 pages of complaining. I guess i'm just here to say I love theme. Maybe I'll wade around this bs and find a picture of it, but I probably just sit here in the dark and think about Batgirl...

#2831 7 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

I love Batman, have probably a hundred Hot Wheels Batmobiles, would probably blow a truck stop for a 1 like JK's and would pay 15k all day for a super LE if I had the cash the hand which I do not, so my opinion on the process is useless. I'm also not going to read 57 pages of complaining. I guess i'm just here to say I love theme. Maybe I'll wade around this bs and find a picture of it, but I probably just sit here in the dark and think about Batgirl...

You need to get out more..

#2832 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

man.... you can't even imagine the depth of my social retardation

#2833 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Sorry, couldn't make it through 57 pages of... Well you know.... Any new pictures yet?

Yep, just send in a $3000 non-refundable deposit and you'll receive an exclusive LE hi-res picture of the back of the invoice Stern received from their LED supplier.

#2834 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I don't know man.. it says he lives in Fargo, and based on the movie it's just a snowy abyss out there, and Steve Buscemy killing people. Maybe he just should stay indoors and play pinball instead lol

#2835 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I thought about that too, I just don't know why Stern would even bring it to that level !

Flashback 6 months or so before ghosting and this doesn't happen.

#2836 7 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

man.... you can't even imagine the depth of my social retardation

There is nothing wrong with being a lurker

Batmobile History:

http://1966batmobile.com/

lurking..giflurking..gif

#2837 7 years ago

It seems clear that Stern is working to eventually break the 10K barrier for high-end pins. This is a really shrewd move on their part.

What I don't get is that the things that manufacturers are competing on now don't change game play. Fancy armor, toys that slow down play, better translite art? There's more software development involved in an LCD-based UI than dots, but the hardware in volume isn't that big a hit. Most of the UI work on an LCD-driven pin is going to be a one-time cost. The rest is skins and media for each title, no? What am I missing?

If CV is falling in price and is below 6K, I'd buy CV all day long before I'd buy an SLE.

#2838 7 years ago

The previous post is right....we clearly need more Yvonne Craig in this thread.....
(at least until we get some real images of the actual game that generated 50+ pages of anticipation, hope, dreams and speculation.)

yvonne-craig-3 (resized).jpgyvonne-craig-3 (resized).jpg
yvonne-craig-bat-girl-670-380 (resized).jpgyvonne-craig-bat-girl-670-380 (resized).jpg
08aa0c08-bb10-4370-a83b-64785eae6f9f (resized).jpg08aa0c08-bb10-4370-a83b-64785eae6f9f (resized).jpg

#2839 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I don't know man.. it says he lives in Fargo, and based on the movie it's just a snowy abyss out there, and Steve Buscemy killing people. Maybe he just should stay indoors and play pinball instead lol

That's exactly how it is. I wonder if Oklahoma is like Oklahoma?

1507654_10201571387271949_516996871_n (resized).jpg1507654_10201571387271949_516996871_n (resized).jpg

#2840 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

There is nothing wrong with being a lurker
Batmobile History:
http://1966batmobile.com/

Man I know so much about the batmobile, I could do a podcast

#2841 7 years ago

Like I posted quite awhile ago, this is a game that I wanted released "wish list" under another thread,but as of now, not gonna happen for me.

#2842 7 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

we clearly need more Yvonne Craig in this thread..

Yes, yes we do. Thanks.

#2843 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Cherry picking and nonsense.

I know a guy who paid $6500 for a beater CV yesterday.

THe big collapse across the board that people have been predicting for 15 years isn't happening anytime soon, sorry.

#2844 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THe big collapse across the board that people have been predicting for 15 years isn't happening anytime soon, sorry.

I don't see it either because there are buyers and there are players. The only collapse I could see happening is if a few of the new companies making pins go out of business. I'd say used prices won't go down though especially with rising NIB prices.

#2845 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't see it either because there are buyers and there are players. The only collapse I could see happening is if a few of the new companies making pins go out of business. I'd say used prices won't go down though especially with rising NIB prices.

Right. Any "collapse" or bubble pop is gonna be in the industry, not in the collector market. I'm pretty dubious about the industry - which 5 years ago had one company limping along selling $4500 games - having the ability to support 6 companies putting out new $7,000+ pins, but I also couldn't care less. That's never what's driven pinball for 90% of us.

#2846 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Tend to agree...just seem to be more choices, and more home buyers.....and I've seen TRONLE's selling for 10k plus still ( with one guy from overseas commenting they didn't even know how many existed period on his side). BIBLES 10k + solid, TAF 6k+, etc., etc. fun times for pinball....

#2847 7 years ago

Man, JPop really took the air out of Batman '66.

#2848 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think JJP3 did, especially now that machines will be at the show. Also makes me think this is why Stern are locking in deposits before we can see the new Pat Lawlor game

#2849 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I was thinkin the same thing...

#2850 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The increased pricing of BM66 and the lack of communication of the playfield problems did a lot of letting the air out on that title.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.