PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 142.
#2752 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

1. I'm in on both the Super LE and an LE. I can buy both or back out on both if I choose.

"Holy shit Batman!"

- (the other) Robin

#2753 7 years ago

So is everyone gonna freak out when they find out their 15k machine is using pre-existing toys r us stuff that costs $29.99?

http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54368326&gclid=CJfp5uSBps8CFYdZhgodrysPgA&camp=PLAPPCG-_-PID20213847:TRUS&cagpspn=plat_20213847&eESource=CAPLA_DF:54368326:TRUS

Batman-6-Inch-Classic-TV-Series-To-the-Batcave-Batman-Figure-677x316_c (resized).jpgBatman-6-Inch-Classic-TV-Series-To-the-Batcave-Batman-Figure-677x316_c (resized).jpg

#2754 7 years ago

In the pic with Eugene Jarvis playing i can see a black metal apron with triangular holes to hold backlit light panels and a kick back hole.

14470628_10154528590409244_200502485078199221_n (resized).jpg14470628_10154528590409244_200502485078199221_n (resized).jpg

#2755 7 years ago

You mean this stuff?

14746521103271353631657 (resized).jpg14746521103271353631657 (resized).jpg

#2756 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

You mean this stuff?

No the pic they put on their facebook page with Greg Feres and the batcomputer toy.

#2757 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

No the pic they put on their facebook page with Greg Feres and the batcomputer toy.

The batcomputer toy is in the back of my display case. Along with all the other batman66 figures and toys. Except for surfing joker and batman.

#2758 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

The batcomputer toy is in the back of my display case. Along with all the other batman66 figures and toys. Expect for surfing joker and batman.

I missed the computer back there. I thought you were talking about the batmobile.

I bought the batcave set myself. I was going to use the mini shakespeare bust and red batphone in my Batman 66 retheme project.

#2759 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I missed the computer back there. I thought you were talking about the batmobile.

The computer actually looks pretty good. it has decent detail. And at least it comes with the bat phone, Shakespeare bust, batzooka, batarangs and bat sprays.

If it's not actually in the pin it would make a great mod if the batcomputer had actual Led blinking lights.

#2760 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

.but those were the unrealistic expectations.

that sums it up Hype.. followed by disappointment fueled by unrealistic/unfounded assumptions... followed by acceptance once the tempest blows out.

#2761 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Hype.. followed by disappointment fueled by unrealistic/unfounded assumptions... followed by acceptance once the tempest blows out.

Maslow's hierarchy of announced yet unseen pinball machines?

#2762 7 years ago

I was just now told my deposit goes non-refundable immediately without seeing anything of the game. My distributor is a good guy and he said this was a directive from Stern. I told him I understand but I was insulted and I just dropped out.

#2763 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In the pic with Eugene Jarvis playing i can see a black metal apron with triangular holes to hold backlit light panels and a kick back hole.

True but

A) lol
B) for a prototype they might use any old apron they have laying around

#2764 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I was just now told my deposit goes non-refundable immediately without seeing anything of the game. My distributor is a good guy and he said this was a directive from Stern. I told him I understand but I was insulted and I just dropped out.

LE or SLE? I know you were in for both.

#2765 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ridiculous!

You did the right thing.

#2766 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Who's the distributor?

Disappointing to put it mildly. I'd never put a deposit down before seeing a game that wasn't refundable. But I think we're preaching to the choir here.

#2767 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

this was a directive from Stern.

57630501 (resized).jpg57630501 (resized).jpg

#2768 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Good for you, that is unbelievable. You (not you personally) have to submit an application to buy something that you are not even allowed to see. Cool, Stern.

#2769 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't know dude...I think you made a big mistake!

#2770 7 years ago

That's from Gex, and JJ just following orders. He told me that too.

At least one other isn't doing it that way, which is fine, everybody should make their own decisions and be satisfied

#2771 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Good for you, that is unbelievable. You (not you personally) have to submit an application to buy something that you are not even allowed to see. Cool, Stern.

Unreal.

We really are in a bubble, top of the market, etc etc. We may look back at this Expo as the time just before things went POP!

#2772 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How would Stern know if an end-customer cancelled their game?

It's not like your name gets engraved in the serial number plate at the factory.

I don't believe your distributor for a moment, but I'm glad you got the fnck out while you still could!

#2773 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

We really are in a bubble, top of the market, etc etc. We may look back at this Expo as the time just before things went POP!

SPONGEBOB_bubbles (resized).jpgSPONGEBOB_bubbles (resized).jpg

#2774 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This was mentioned 3 weeks ago via the interview Nate had with Gomez & Jody, im surprised this is news.

#2775 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Unbelievable. They are asking for money sight unseen, then when you do finally see it- and are possibly not happy with the product they are selling- they keep your money? That is ludicrous. They could essentially reveal a pinball cabinet with a literal steaming pile of goat shit instead of a playfield, and keep your deposit then.

Anyone else find this to to be a problem? This is worse then a Kickstarter product.

I don't quite get this hobby sometimes. I don't expect this type of sales tactic from the #1 pinball company in history, - a business with 30 years of experience to pull something like this. The customer essentially has to risk a deposit and gamble if they will like what they see or not, and if they don't, Stern profits and their loyal customers lose.

I know spots can be sold or whatever, but this just doesn't seem right for a company like Stern.

#2776 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone else find this to to be a problem?

Not at all! Wise ones keep their money in their pockets.

#2777 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone else find this to to be a problem?

Not an insurmountable problem.

Make sure you pay by credit card.

If the game is crap, initiate a chargeback.

#2778 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not an insurmountable problem.
Make sure you pay by credit card.
If the game is crap, initiate a chargeback.

I thought about that too, I just don't know why Stern would even bring it to that level and have that even been something a customer would need or want to do.

It just seems like the marketing and sales department is running at 150MPH, and the designers and programmers are running at 30MPH. They are sticking their hands out asking for money and don't even have the product to show yet. They should have waited to reveal the machine THEN start collecting money.. I feel the management at Stern really slipped up here and it looks very bad on their part, especially with the playfield quality issues still in question. Have they been fixed? Who cares right .. because Batman!

#2779 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

How would Stern know if an end-customer cancelled their game?
It's not like your name gets engraved in the serial number plate at the factory.
I don't believe your distributor for a moment, but I'm glad you got the fnck out while you still could!

From what I've been told, Stern is asking for deposits from suppliers for the number of LE's they've been allocated. Whether they pass that on to the customer is then up to the distributor.

#2780 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I just don't know why Stern would even bring it to that level and have that even been something a customer would need or want to do.

Somebody mentioned before the possibility of the company coming up for sale in the not too distant future. And what better way to pump it up by showing perspective buyers that there are people out there that will spend this much non-refundable money without even knowing what they are getting.

#2781 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not at all! Wise ones keep their money in their pockets.

That remains to be seen O Diddy

Just going on what I know. Pretty confident

Nobody said any of this is "wise"

#2782 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That remains to be seen O Diddy
Just going on what I know. Pretty confident
Nobody said any of this is "wise"

If you have the money to spend, then wisdom can be thrown out the window. Have fun!

For those that can't afford the outcome,whatever it is, or in doubt, it is probably best to wait.

#2783 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Unbelievable. They are asking for money sight unseen, then when you do finally see it- and are possibly not happy with the product they are selling- they keep your money? That is ludicrous. They could essentially reveal a pinball cabinet with a literal steaming pile of goat shit instead of a playfield, and keep your deposit then.
Anyone else find this to to be a problem? This is worse then a Kickstarter product.
I don't quite get this hobby sometimes. I don't expect this type of sales tactic from the #1 pinball company in history, - a business with 30 years of experience to pull something like this. The customer essentially has to risk a deposit and gamble if they will like what they see or not, and if they don't, Stern profits and their loyal customers lose.
I know spots can be sold or whatever, but this just doesn't seem right for a company like Stern.

How many times does it have to be stated this is a special anniversary pin. It adheres to some "special" policies which includes a non-refundable deposit which also gets you to see Adam West. If this is an issue, you can buy a Premium after its revealed Oct. 14th, possibly find an LE in the secondary market or wait 18 months for a SLE. If you don't like the game, pass and there are others to choose from including a new Stern most likely to be revealed in January.

#2784 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

The computer actually looks pretty good. it has decent detail. ..If it's not actually in the pin it would make a great mod if the batcomputer had actual Led blinking lights.

Had to lol on this. JJP is poised to release a game where player reportedly connects via ongame phone / computer, and you hope the Stern BM66 computer has a single led light. Even if it needs to be supplied thru aftermarket. Ha ha ha ha. Time to raise the bar on expectations on an $8k pin.

#2785 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

this is a special anniversary pin

Maybe then then they should have just done "Stern, the machine".

How cool would that be!! It could have microwave ball locks, and they could re-purpose the Gary bobblehead into a bash toy! The possiblities with this theme are endless.

#2786 7 years ago

The 30
SLE was botched but hey, it's 30 yrs and I guess Stern is afforded a screw up like that every decade or so

As for the LEs they have contorted this thing every way so as to not have "flippers" take over this "special" project.

The mistake that was made was locking in the deposit AND pricing it at $9500.

Makes no sense. The flipper market is gone with that price and you run the risk of pissing off people like Kim and others.

I don't think this will end up being the final policy upon reveal at Expo

#2787 7 years ago

Maybe it's because they've had to front X dollars for the Adam West reveal thing @ expo. I'm quite sure my distro will refund the 2k for my LE if I see it and can't stand it. I will/ have bought other pins from him in the past, can't imagine he would risk future business over 2k....probably just sell it to someone else....not like they're making a ton of them.....whatever...

I'm trying not to overthink this....just beyond the point that I was on the fence for a BM anyway, this version sounds even better, and I don't buy to flip, just enjoy and play...not crazy about the price, but just can't imagine this one being a dog ( who knows).....

Expo is going to rock...I'm hoping it was just fortunate timing that this is my first visit....

#2788 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It is gospel. It happened to me !!! 100% of it.
We are not understanding each other. I tried to communicate what happened to me and suggested people with a deposit, to contact their distributor and confirm their own situation regarding the refund policy. An educated consumer, is a smart consumer. If I had purchased either of the two offered, those were the terms. Foolish me for asking two distributors these question and after receiving the same answer, ASSUMING it might be the same for other distributors? If anybody is being told this they can weigh in. Likewise if you hear different comment please. Otherwise, the thread can continue unravelling for three weeks until the big Expo reveal.
pm me flynnibus, if you want to continue discussing but let's take this off-line.

Finally, others coming forward and additional proof that deposits are at risk after m&g. In this case sounds like before then. You reading this Flynnibus? So once again, if you don't know your distributor's policy about the downpayment, ask the tough question.

We all want this to be a smash hit and hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Should it be fumbled though, know what your commitment is.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/56#post-3361506

#2789 7 years ago

Good on you Mr68!

“A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.”

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

#2790 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I will/ have bought other pins from him in the past, can't imagine he would risk future business over 2k

From what I've heard about distributor margins you'd have to buy quite a few pins from him in the future to make up that 2k difference. Seems like a pretty cut throat business. Not saying they'd leave you high and dry, just saying, that would be a lot for them to eat to keep your business.

#2791 7 years ago

Anyone who still has a mortgage

&

Has not fully funded their children's college education

&

Does not yet have a sufficient portfolio able to sustain their life without working (even when the market is at the highest its ever been)

Really should not buy this game sight unseen.

"Sorry I ruined your panther party"

But if you're a ball'n high roller with shit from the pages of Robb Report then carry on

#2792 7 years ago

I think the non-refund has more to do with the meet and greet. Stern only wants actual buyers/owners at the meet and greet. It like they really trying to create a special club of limited owners. It may also be an effort to try eliminate the speculators and flippers, at 10k for an le the machine would have to be spectacular to have any upwards price movement, so I think the price alone would of eliminated the flipper market. To me it's kinda of a BS move making deposits non-refundable before the reveal, but as many have already said, this machine is a unique release and does not necessarily reflect Sterns policy moving forward. I think the quicker they get to releasing their next table the better, so everyone can stop speculating on future pricing and purchase policy and see if things return back to "normal".

#2793 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

&
&
Does not yet have a sufficient portfolio able to sustain their life without working (even when the market is at the highest its ever been)

spicoli-fast-times.gifspicoli-fast-times.gif

#2794 7 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

.. Stern only wants actual buyers/owners at the meet and greet. It like they really trying to create a special club of limited owners....

Real collectors don't want to dumb it down for an evening or be told they have to rub elbows with lower steerage. Truth be told, if someone said here's your pass, I'd be in there asap.

#2795 7 years ago

What I shake my head at is there are some really nice, kind, genuine people that happen to be distributors for Stern that are forced to abide by ridiculous business practices. Otherwise they jeopardize their relationship and allocations with Stern. Pinball mafia mentality at its best.

No soup (pinball) for you

#2796 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

From what I've heard about distributor margins you'd have to buy quite a few pins from him in the future to make up that 2k difference. Seems like a pretty cut throat business. Not saying they'd leave you high and dry, just saying, that would be a lot for them to eat to keep your business.

Could be right....just hard to believe they wouldn't refund the 2k if you just didn't want it after seeing it....a bad business ethical move, imho....I understand pinball biz not nearly big enough to do a 30 day thing or similar like autos....guess we will find out.....

#2797 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

&
&
Really should not buy this game sight unseen.

What if someone has accomplished half of these goals?........

Truth be told, this theory should apply to buying ANY pin, or luxury item, or vacation, or gamble if you want to play by the book.

Maybe the individual can make their own decision, based on their own personal criteria. I'm not rich, but have gambled far more than 2k just loaning someone money, or business deal....risk vs. reward...a personal choice....

#2798 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What do you mean Spicoli, aren't these things "investments" too?

#2799 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What do you mean Spicoli, aren't these things "investments" too?

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#2800 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You reading this Flynnibus?

I read a concise, bounded, and consistent post. Unlike your earlier one.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/56?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.