• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    46%
  • Eartha Kitt 49 votes
    13%

(375 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 142.
#2601 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Your image posting crashes Google Chrome

I'm looking at it on Chrome - its not the image, its Pinside's image preview stuff. Click the blue arrow at the bottom and it will open the image w/o the preview.

Like this - https://images.pinside.com/b/70/94/b70942894efa39d8a7b763c34b7826b4ce70aee8.gif

#2602 3 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

IE doesn't like it either

Yes, please delete that or fix it. I cannot scroll up or down in this thread without the browser crashing.

#2604 3 years ago

Hey Pinside! Where's the (HTML) Code?!!?!!?

#2605 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What I've seen looks great.
If I spent $15,000 on a pinball machine I'd probably not want to see the exact art on some cheap toy box at the same time.
I've never bought an NIB game and I'm not gonna start now so it's kind of moot anyway.

Exactly, everybody is going to the $15k tag and that's for 30 people, not me. Who knows what that looks like or other "stuff" it has to justify price beyond just "collectability".

Yes $9500 is crazy on some level too!

For the Overseas guys like Cooked, $14k plus would be a tough pill to swallow

Since people like to just make shit up on here, I'm going to say that the artwork was designed specifically for the pinball machine and he happens to be using a variation of it with Moebius on the "High end" toy box.

Yep, its been in the works for quite some time, just for the pin.

#2606 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm looking at it on Chrome - its not the image, its Pinside's image preview stuff. Click the blue arrow at the bottom and it will open the image w/o the preview.
Like this - https://images.pinside.com/e/1f/a6/e1fa6d3d9268f69e672b206fbe24f471c41954e2.gif

Leave it to flynnibus post to crash the Pinside forum, lol... delete the image man

#2607 3 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

IE doesn't like it either

That's the internet telling you to stop using IE. I've tried it on multiple browsers.. they don't crash.. not all like showing the preview tho. Just click on the blue expand icon in the footer and you'll get the full image
https://images.pinside.com/b/70/94/b70942894efa39d8a7b763c34b7826b4ce70aee8.gif

I also edited the post to shrink the image further (its only 180k now and less than 400px)

#2608 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's the internet telling you to stop using IE. I've tried it on multiple browsers.. they don't crash.. not all like showing the preview tho. Just click on the blue expand icon in the footer and you'll get the full image
https://images.pinside.com/b/70/94/b70942894efa39d8a7b763c34b7826b4ce70aee8.gif
I also edited the post to shrink the image further (its only 180k now and less than 400px)

Trust me it crashes browsers, kind of a pointless GIF anyway, clearly the removal of the border around the image and a slight perspective with the free transform tool in Photoshop is the difference and that's it. No point to even posting it.

#2609 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Your image posting crashes Google Chrome

Firefox likes it, but it's like 10 pixels wide.

#2610 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Wow, that live version is tweaked

weird. So they tweak some live versions and not others? Is this one adjusted?

#2611 3 years ago

Has there been a lot of cancellations since the price was revealed?

#2612 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Trust me it crashes browsers, kind of a pointless GIF anyway, clearly the removal of the border around the image and a slight perspective with the free transform tool in Photoshop is the difference and that's it. No point to even posting it.

Then you need your eyes checked. Look at the chin and shirt for instance between the images and how much they differ. The hat does significantly as well.

I'm done doing other people's homework.. clearly the pinside reality distortion field is the preferred reality. Go back to making fake signs.

#2613 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Firefox likes it, but it's like 10 pixels wide.

That's pinside's preview getting wonky. Click the full size icon. Since resizing the preview should be better.

#2614 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Has there been a lot of cancellations since the price was revealed?

I know a guy looking for an LE if that is the case. He doesn't care what it's going to look like, he just wants one.

#2615 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Alright, this is getting out of hand! Stern just announced via Instagram that there is a "Founder's Edition" limited to 7 machines being built. Crazy.

Omg I can't wait! I heard that the main difference with the Founders Edition is that Stern is including an LE plaque that is actually visible from more then 1 foot away compared to those found on regular non super LE's. That alone is worth the $5k premium. Stern has done it again, I'm ready to join their army!

From Stern Batman 66 Super LE / Founders flyer

"Ultra high contrast 4K Super LE numbered plaque"

...lol

#2616 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Then you need your eyes checked. Look at the chin and shirt for instance between the images and how much they differ. The hat does significantly as well.
I'm done doing other people's homework.. clearly the pinside reality distortion field is the preferred reality. Go back to making fake signs.

Are you proposing that there are material differences between the two or just pointing out that they arent 100% identical?

#2617 3 years ago

I grew up with the original Batman TV series and didn't care for it then, so don't care for this game at all.
I actually preferred the Keaton films and BF. And the 4th one with Clooney sucked balls.

But in the interest of fun, I'm predicting Stern will try this old TV show cash grab thing again.

Predicting "Star Trek 66", a rehash of the STLE with a slightly different toy enterprise, similar photoshop treatment, and seizure-inducing price.

Uber limited "Doomsday Machine" topper only $5k more!

Better hurry up Stern, Shatner could keel over any day now!

#2618 3 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

And worth every cent.

download (1) (resized).jpg

#2619 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Every single current recording artist uses it.

Quoted from pinlink:

Not true. Thank, God!

There is no shame in using any pitch shifting technology.

It does not mean that someone can't sing, or that someone does not know how to tune their drums.

What's the quickest way to get a Snare Drum out of the way of an acoustic guitar if their ranges overlap during a quiet passage? Pitch shift the snare downward.

What's the quickest way to make a male baritone voice more intimate in a whispered part of a recording? Pitch shift only the reverberated part of his voice downwards.

Every well produced song in the last 40 years employs some pitch shifting somewhere.

Listen to this cut by Lori Wilshire. We all know Lori can sing, so it's not like she's using Autotune to **fix** some inability. Listen for a downtuned snare. Listen for gated kick. Listen for soaring, lush backing vocals. Listen to the super compressed dynamic range of the guitar, it puts it right up front. Listen for pitch shifting in the lead vocal 2nd verse (hear the "Marcy Gray" effect?). An all around amazing production.

Better music through technology......

#2620 3 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Predicting "Star Trek 66"

Now that would be badass!

Backglass (resized).jpg

#2621 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

weird. So they tweak some live versions and not others? Is this one adjusted?
» YouTube video

You can do it right from the microphone feed, live, since the 1980s.

Again, better music through technology.

#2622 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

My feels are hurt Flynn.

Just delete the stupid GIF already, no one really cares about the point you are trying to make with it.. but what it does is piss people off when they can't scroll down the thread without a Flynnibus malware crashing their shit

#2623 3 years ago

riddlethis.png

#2624 3 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Predicting "Star Trek 66", a rehash of the STLE with a slightly different toy enterprise, similar photoshop treatment, and seizure-inducing price.
Better hurry up Stern, Shatner could keel over any day now!

Oh shit.

I'd have to buy one. Really.

Unless PPS did a similar retheme for the STTNG game first!

Better get this shit done while Shatner is still alive.

#2625 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You can do it right from the microphone feed, live, since the 1980s.
Again, better music through technology.

was that Springsteen one adjusted to a higher octave?

#2626 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There is no shame in using any pitch shifting technology.
It does not mean that someone can't sing, or that someone does not know how to tune their drums.
What's the quickest way to get a Snare Drum out of the way of an acoustic guitar if their ranges overlap during a quiet passage? Pitch shift the snare downward.
What's the quickest way to make a male baritone voice more intimate in a whispered part of a recording? Pitch shift only the reverberated part of his voice downwards.
Every well produced song in the last 40 years employs some pitch shifting somewhere.
Listen to this cut by Lori Wilshire. We all know Lori can sing, so it's not like she's using Autotune to **fix** some inability. Listen for a downtuned snare. Listen for gated kick. Listen for soaring, lush backing vocals. Listen to the super compressed dynamic range of the guitar, it puts it right up front. Listen for pitch shifting in the lead vocal 2nd verse (hear the "Marcy Gray" effect?). An all around amazing production.
» YouTube video

I get what you are saying vid, and you are right that MOST songs that you hear today (especially on the radio) use some sort of Autotune or some form of pitch shifting tech. However I have been in the music biz for quite some time now and not ALL musicians use this and not ALL songs made today use these tools. In fact some make a point to not use them. Believe it or not some musicians still record songs the "old fashioned way" around 1 mic and all instruments and vocals on one track. This is hard because as you know, if one person misses a note or makes a mistake, the entire band has to try again. Most artists do not do this anymore. There are still musicians that record in that old style with no effects on vocals or instruments, and to me the music sounds better than the over produced crap that is on the radio these days. My point is not ALL musicians or ALL songs use these tools.

#2627 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Completely disagree with this.

#2628 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Like this - https://images.pinside.com/b/70/94/b70942894efa39d8a7b763c34b7826b4ce70aee8.gif

You can't click on any blue arrow when as soon as you scroll to what would be your post Chrome crashes instantly.

#2629 3 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Predicting "Star Trek 66"

Quoted from vid1900:

Now that would be badass!

That backgass would be for star trek 79'. Need this backglass for a true star trek 66' theme.

PPS-GT-408-35PTL (resized).jpg

#2630 3 years ago

Are you proposing that there are material differences between the two or just pointing out that they arent 100% identical?

There are very slight differences in proportions and major differences in arm placement on the Riddler and Catwoman, specifically. It's definitely the toy box art at the core, but there were changes. They could have been achieved with cutting and pasting limbs in Photoshop, or by redrawing parts of the art. It IS different.

#2631 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

Marcy Gray? Is that Macy Gray's retarded sister?

#2632 3 years ago

was that Springsteen one adjusted to a higher octave?

No matter how much pitch correction they use, it does not mean that CB can't sing. It does not diminish his standing as one of the greatest entertainers of all time; not one bit.

It just means that his record company locked him into that trap 60 years ago, and now there is no escape.

He has explained why the record company did it, so it's not like he's hiding it.

Same with Carl Perkins:

or even the Beatles "Rain" :

On old pre 70s songs, the whole track changes pitch (so listen to those poor drums).

After 1975, just a single track can be pitch shifted (often the vocals), without affecting the rest of the tracks.

#2633 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No matter how much pitch correction they use, it does not mean that CB can't sing. It does not diminish his standing as one of the greatest entertainers of all time; not one bit.

No I get it. I'm interested in live recordings being doctored frankly. do you believe that live Springsteen/CB recording was adjusted to a higher octave?

#2634 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

...Again, better music through technology.

I have to disagree. Rock and Roll was meant to be played fast, loose, and spontaneously--not note perfect and structured. The great recordings of the 60's and 70's, the really good musicians always built the songs--adding more as they got further into the tune. The more adventurous bassists kept adding to their bass lines, good guitarist added more complexity or cool little riffs each verse, and the drummer usually got into the act as well by adding fills and more cymbal hits. Mistakes often were made along the way--and they were not corrected like they are now. This type of adventurism is rarely heard in modern songs. You lay down one verse, the engineer copies it and punches it in for the remaining verses. Lay down one chorus, punch it in for all the choruses. Make a mistake, punch-in fixes it. Pathetic.

One example--Jimmy Page said he usually laid down several solos and picked the one with the most energy--not the most perfect one. Zep's recordings are sprinkled with mistakes or missed notes--but the energy and excitement is there big time. All the punch-ins, tweaking, musical repetition, and vocal tuning has taken the danger and excitement from most modern recordings. I prefer anything that was recorded straight to tape.

#2635 3 years ago

Is there a Batman musical out now?

#2636 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I get what you are saying vid, and you are right that MOST songs that you hear today (especially on the radio) use some sort of Autotune or some form of pitch shifting tech. However I have been in the music biz for quite some time now and not ALL musicians use this and not ALL songs made today use these tools. In fact some make a point to not use them. Believe it or not some musicians still record songs the "old fashioned way" around 1 mic and all instruments and vocals on one track. This is hard because as you know, if one person misses a note or makes a mistake, the entire band has to try again. Most artists do not do this anymore. There are still musicians that record in that old style with no effects on vocals or instruments, and to me the music sounds better than the over produced crap that is on the radio these days. My point is not ALL musicians or ALL songs use these tools.

Well sure, SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE is still recording on wax cylinders or standing around a single tube mike and cutting directly onto a master disc.

But any professionally produced song in the last 40 years is using pitch shifting somewhere, either to make room in the mix for each instrument, fix a bad note, make a lusher harmony, or yes, even to create a robot gargling effect.

#2637 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I have to disagree. Rock and Roll was meant to be played fast, loose, and spontaneously--not note perfect and structured. The great recordings of the 60's and 70's, the really good musicians always built the songs--adding more as they got further into the tune. The more adventurous bassists kept adding to their bass lines, good guitarist added more complexity or cool little riffs each verse, and the drummer usually got into the act as well by adding fills and more cymbal hits. Mistakes often were made along the way--and they were not punched-out like they are now. One example--Jimmy Page said he usually laid down several solos and picked the one with the most energy--not the most perfect one. Zep's recordings are sprinkled with mistakes or missed notes--but the energy and excitement is there big time. All the punch-ins, tweaking, musical repetition, and vocal tuning has taken the danger and excitement from most modern recordings. I prefer anything that was recorded straight to tape.

Yes!

Edited out of respect for Vid. I get your point, I think you get mine. Now back on topic to discussing Gifs on pinside.

#2638 3 years ago

I'm not sure what I'm enjoying more, the Autotune discussion (which is loaded with bullshit frankly, anybody who has seen Black Sabbath in concert knows ain't nobody using any pitch correction), or the gif/Browser debate.

I'll go with gif/browser. For now.

#2639 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If this is "original" art from an "original artist" why is it "the same" as a "product" that has already been "released?"
Or is that inaccurate? I haven't been following this as closely as you.

That is wholly inaccurate.

At lease a couple of eyebrow hairs were moved to make it completely new original hand drawn art.

#2640 3 years ago

No I get it. I'm interested in live recordings being doctored frankly. do you believe that live Springsteen/CB recording was adjusted to a higher octave?

I don't know what year that was (Max Wineburg looks like a baby), but if it's the 90s or latter, I would bet that only CBs mike channel was sent through a processor.

If you are in a bar with live music, listen if the singer moves aside and his mic picks up the cymbals, pitch changing them. A good sound guy always has his finger on the gain, lol.

#2641 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

That is wholly inaccurate.
At lease a couple of eyebrow hairs were moved to make it completely new original hand drawn art.

No he just changed the original pinball art up a bit for the toy

#2642 3 years ago

What's the price?

#2643 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Quoted from pinlink:

Completely disagree with this.

It's a joke that apparently you guys are too young to have picked up upon

#2644 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

...If you are in a bar with live music, listen if the singer moves aside and his mic picks up the cymbals, pitch changing them. A good sound guy always has his finger on the gain, lol.

Too much generalization. I've played in many bars with many bands over the years. Not one note has ever been pitch altered or shifted by a sound man--if we were even lucky enough to have one. Not many bar bands can afford a sound man.

#2645 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Too much generalization. I've played in many bars with many bands over the years. Not one note has ever been pitch altered or shifted by a sound man--if we were even lucky enough to have one. Not many bar bands can afford a sound man.

Vid is out of his mind. Bar bands aren't pitch-shifting live, and the majority of BIG rock bands in arenas aren't either. I've been to hundreds of shows and heard plenty of bum notes - watch any video of KISS over the past few years and this is painfully obvious. Live pitch shifting causes TONS of problems, not limited to the singer sounding like a robot. It stands out when bands do it - I saw a Toto video on youtube where the singer sounded absolutely ridiculous. Would have been better off just going off key.

The pop acts that would do it are just miming to tape anyway.

Vids' bullshit is causing my browser to crash.

#2646 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No he just changed the original pinball art up a bit for the toy

Joking aside, I'd much rather have some great hand drawn images nicely composed, even if they were pulled from other sources, over some photo montage or poorly drawn original art.

#2647 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Joking aside, I'd much rather have some great hand drawn images nicely composed, even if they were pulled from other sources, over some photo montage or poorly drawn original art.

With Stern's Rolling Stones, you got both!

#2648 3 years ago

I'm saying what I said in the earlier post - "Redrawn or Reworked? You be the judge, but it's not just re-arrangements as scale, dimensions, and points of interaction all change" because people previous insisted the images were identical or that you need to 'look harder' if you thought there were differences.

There clearly differences in the art, not just the outlines as people have said. If it was reworked, or redrawn.. you be the judge. IMO it looks like the same style redrawn. There are too many differences that would be kind of pointless to insert just to be different. (the chin, the shoulder/tie, the hat differences, etc)

#2649 3 years ago

I really do love Stern pinball machines but I'm fed up with their lack of code even bug fixes. It's like once it's 95% done they don't care. Maybe an exception now and then. I really don't mind paying a large sum of money but not if the code sucks for a year and may or may not get finished but probably still have some missing features.

Not the end of the world stuff but Tron pro is missing simple call outs such as supper spinners that should be there, Stern doesn't care.

#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

What kind of cheap bars are you hanging around in????

J/k

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside