• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 142.
#2401 4 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I really hope the figures on the poster don't represent the artwork on the game
What I mean take some Carmine Infantino artwork, Alex Ross (see his Batman '66 covers) or even photoshopped from Batman '66 movie.

Exactly why i declined my preorder.

#2402 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

2) Why would stern make a game to celebrate with it's partners and key people.. and then... not use it for that at all? It would defeat the freakin purpose

I wonder if Stern is charging partners and key people the full $15k or possibly subsidizing some games off the profits of others? They could likely afford to give 15 games away for free to insiders if they sold 15 at $15k to collectors.

#2403 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I wonder if Stern is charging partners and key people the full $15k or possibly subsidizing some games off the profits of others?

You don't give someone a gift of appreciation and then say "That would be $15k, please"

Edit: Tho I'm sure there are 'levels' of appreciation

Gary, Joe, George, 20yr Pinball Mafia Guy.. you get a game for free
Mr Loyal Employee/Supplier, you are awesome, would you like an opportunity to buyin to this one of kind thing for this really cheap price?
Hi Loyal Customer, you are awesome and we appreciate you, here is an opportunity to get in on a very special opportunity.. if you are interested its 15k

This is Stern handing out the candy to who they want... no reason things have to be uniform beyond avoiding insulting the people they are reaching out too.

#2404 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

2) Why would stern make a game to celebrate with it's partners and key people.. and then... not use it for that at all? It would defeat the freakin purpose
3) I'm not referring to facebook - but the rest of the world outside of the jaded pinsiders. Everyone else would tell you 'have fun' or GTFO. The whining is unbecoming.

The whining is unbecoming! This is the internet guys. Lets act like it.

#2405 4 years ago

People have deposits paid, some paid in full for 3(?) years now and have seen basically nothing of the Alien machine by Heighway. And none of you guys are bitching about that in the Alien thread?!?

BM66 will be here a month after announcing.

Man, kudos to Aurich. He really knows how to wrangle his sheep.

#2406 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Yeah! Let's get back to the spoiled brats everyone thinks we are! Yeah!

#2407 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

People have deposits paid, some paid in full for 3(?) years now and have seen basically nothing of the Alien machine by Heighway. And none of you guys are bitching about that in the Alien thread?!?

Show us on the doll where Aurich touched you.

#2408 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Maybe the way communications are handled from the Heighway camp has something to do with that?

#2409 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Most of alien is known, including art and many of the toys.

#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Is it just me, or lots of batman shit everywhere lately, it seems......just saw an add for a new batman Xbox game? 3rd annual batman day? Guess I've been out of the bat loop .....sure hope this game is awesome.....

50th anniversary of the show in the US - maybe that why?

#2411 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm going to throw this question out there for all the people upset about being "priced out" of NIB:
If this is a boutique release, and not representative of Stern's "cornerstone" releases, and that their next big title will return closer to GB prices and have Pro/Prem/LE... would that satisfy you?

Actions speak louder than words, I'll have to see the pricing return to previous OMGWTFBBQ levels. Also, I want to see some public acknowledgement of the playfield Charlie Foxtrot and that's it's being addressed. As I've said before, I don't expect they will do it.

#2412 4 years ago

What I don't understand is...why is there not more discussion about Yvonne Craig here? All the Lee Meriwether/Catwoman discussion....She was hot. Is it because she was a "good girl"? as opposed to the bad little kitty??
More discussion on the girls of Batman 66 , please.

#2413 4 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Me too.
I thought you sold your LOTRLE? If not, I'm glad you kept it. GB Premium is my first NIB, well should be, unless the deal goes through for a Bally I'm working on
Really hoping it does

I did sell my LotrLE a few months ago, trying to make room for the new stuff! I'd think about getting it back when they do the VE with LCD and great sound

I'd stick with that GB premium, its really good

#2414 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I did sell my LotrLE a few months ago, trying to make room for the new stuff! I'd think about getting it back when they do the VE with LCD and great sound
I'd stick with that GB premium, its really good

GB Premium is coming either way. Just a matter of which gets here first. I've alread spent way too much in mods and custom work not to go through with it. No way I'm not losing money on my GB. Don't care, bought it to play.

#2415 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I have no problem with the pricing.

Quoted from Pimp77:

Sadly, I think I'm priced out of their NIB offerings on principle alone..

#2416 4 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

What I don't understand is...why is there not more discussion about Yvonne Craig here? All the Lee Meriwether/Catwoman discussion....She was hot. Is it because she was a "good girl"? as opposed to the bad little kitty??

Nothing wrong with her. She is more the "Mary Ann" of batman.

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm going to throw this question out there for all the people upset about being "priced out" of NIB:
If this is a boutique release, and not representative of Stern's "cornerstone" releases, and that their next big title will return closer to GB prices and have Pro/Prem/LE... would that satisfy you?

If it's closer then no. GB already came with a large price increase. I'm not buying the boutique part at all. There's going to be unlimited premiums and the game was largely designed and coded by stern. It's not like wnbjm at all in my opinion. The constant price jumps have lost this customer.

#2418 4 years ago

So just to recap...

Stern is having a competition to see who gets the opportunity to pay 15k for a pinball machine.

They announced the playfield will be the same as the premium version that is several thousands cheaper, so it's most likely cosmetic. And they haven't shown photos or anything, but some people are chomping at the bit to buy one. Wow, err that's a lucky 30 ppl.

#2419 4 years ago

Just because I'm personally priced out on principle (my principle) doesn't mean I have a problem with it. I'm out, but if enough are still in then it's the right move for Stern. So be it. I'll buy second-hand.

#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Nothing wrong with her. She is more the "Mary Ann" of batman.

and Catwoman is Ginger...nice analogy...never thought of it that way!

#2421 4 years ago

As with Catwoman I always felt Mary Ann was the hotter one. It could be that they were more exotic than Batgirl and Ginger?

#2422 4 years ago

Yeah put me in the Mary Ann camp too. For me it was the will she, or won't she, do (content edited by staff). You couldn't tell with Mary Ann. With Ginger it was a given. I like the intrigue.

#2423 4 years ago

I think Stern is in a tough spot trying to find the pricing sweet spot for all concerned.

Does Stern keep making high demand LE's and watch people flip them for big bucks before they even take possession? Like GBLE.

It kind of sucks that everybody that actually wants the pin can't have it at a more reasonable price because of the profiteers. I can't say its wrong for them to take advantage of it while it exists, but Stern obviously sees that and wants to close the flipper down.

How many RZ's have you seen up for sale, many of which have even been delivered yet? I decided to give up my RZ to the next guy that wanted it, because i wanted BM66 instead.

What would you do if you were Stern and in their shoes?

Either way it goes, Stern will have to adjust to the market and whatever the demand will be at higher prices. Good, bad, or ugly.

I love all the sexy kitty cats.

#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Anyone else noticing the irony here?

#2425 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Anyone else noticing the irony here?

Not if they noticed the sarcasm first.

#2426 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How many RZ's have you seen up for sale, many of which have even been delivered yet? I decided to give up my RZ to the next guy that wanted it, because i wanted BM66 instead.

I've heard some info that has left me to believe that the RZ wait list might have shrunken enough to leave stock unclaimed (after pre-order customers have backed out).

I gotta say...and this might not be the popular thing to say... but after seeing RZ in person and playing it: no way, no how I'm paying $6K for that.

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Not if they noticed the sarcasm first.

My bad, you didn't include your obligatory =Þ

=P

#2428 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I gotta say...and this might not be the popular thing to say... but after seeing RZ in person and playing it: no way, no how I'm paying $6K for that.

I agree, so far Spooky pins have resembled garage projects to me, I'm hoping the 3rd one takes it up a notch both with theme and gameplay, not that RZ is terrible but I would rather buy a Stern Pro and even the home editions of TF, AV and SM which I actually like the look of seem superior with the exception of display ofcourse. JMO

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I agree. That's a lot of cheddar for that game.

#2430 4 years ago

I'm thinking BM66 is gonna be like this.

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Way to curtail your expectations.

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Most of alien is known, including art and many of the toys.

All that photoshop goodness.

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

All that photoshop goodness.

The point is that you know what you're putting a deposit on. Not the case here yet.

#2434 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The point is that you know what you're putting a deposit on. Not the case here yet.

Pretty sure people had deposits on Alien long before anything of substance was known. But whatever... I certainly wouldn't put a deposit on either.

#2435 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Just because I'm personally priced out on principle (my principle) doesn't mean I have a problem with it. I'm out, but if enough are still in then it's the right move for Stern. So be it. I'll buy second-hand.

Just pointing out the obvious contradiction. I know what you were trying to say. But if you are "out based on principle" because of the price, you obviously *do* have a "problem with the pricing." What you are saying is that Stern can charge whatever they want, which is simply stating the obvious.

#2436 4 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Never trust a girl without a bellybutton.

#2437 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

More like:

image (resized).jpg

#2438 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

My bad, you didn't include your obligatory =Þ
=P

#2439 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Never trust a girl without a bellybutton.

Bellybuttons on women were FORBIDDEN in 60's TV!

#2440 4 years ago

Space Jam Walked right into that one. Ok how about "cool as Ice"!

Iceman (resized).jpg

#2441 4 years ago

I have a feeling this might backfire on Stern, given the way they are marketing this thing. A lot of controversy over this whole thing, from the pricing to the application form.. it's setting up very high expectations for this pin, and honestly it's not even as massive as a theme as Ghostbusters was. There are plenty of Batman machines already, and there wasn't a single Ghostbusters.

If the game is finally shown and it isn't mind blowing and the LCD isn't executed well, I can see this being a huge misstep from Stern. Unbelievable the LE's sold out without showing the machine- who says they all stay in when it's actually shown publicly? This whole thing is so strange. I can't think of a single company that starts collecting deposits and asking for an application to purchase something that has never even been shown in even prototype or concept form.

#2442 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If it's closer then no. GB already came with a large price increase. I'm not buying the boutique part at all. There's going to be unlimited premiums and the game was largely designed and coded by stern. It's not like wnbjm at all in my opinion. The constant price jumps have lost this customer.

Dont be so sure on the unlimited Premiums... this is not a 3 year licence.. Not sure how true, but 1500 prems was floated?!?
Time will tell

#2443 4 years ago

Batgirls (resized).jpg

#2444 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Space Jam Walked right into that one. Ok how about "cool as Ice"!

image (resized).jpg

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

so far Spooky pins have resembled garage projects to me, I'm hoping the 3rd one takes it up a notch both with theme and gameplay

jet (resized).jpg

#2446 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Is that the same one that you tried to sell on the Canadian pinball forum for $9600 because "This game is so not for me"?
I don't recall any information being disclosed about it being a "dud" or not working properly. Good thing you returned it, instead of selling a "dud" to another collector.

If you are questioning my integrity, please feel free to contact ANYONE in the GTA. I'm well known and have sold somewhere around 17 games in the past. I've NEVER had a single issue or complaint. Never.
Please feel free to contact Mike Wong, or Frolic, or Draino, Doug, Walt, Ed, Jeff or anyone else you may know. Alex, in Guelph is probably closest to you and he's bought 2 of my pins in the past. We keep in touch frequently.

As it happened, I had some little issues out of the gate on Full Throttle that required tweaking. Things were corrected, but I didn't enjoy the game. I listed it, and shortly thereafter some serious issues developed.
I contacted Tommy at Nitro, to ask about selling it to Elliot who had come over to inspect the machine with Mike. They felt that they were up to the issues that needed to be fixed.
In the end, Tommy asked for the machine to be returned, so it was. Full refund issued.
The whole time I had it, it was under full warranty, so no need to cover anything up.

Dude, I don't know you -and you CLEARLY do not know me. Way to make a first impression.

#2447 4 years ago

Realllyyy?

#2448 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You have a right to an opinion, and I'll back you up ...it's a terrible game.

#2449 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You have a right to an opinion, and I'll back you up ...it's a terrible game.

Such a shame, too. A license bursting with potential that fell so flat.

#2450 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Such a shame, too. A license bursting with potential that fell so flat.

...and let's loop it back to this topic, if something's "rare", you don't need that many people for it to be a sold out success!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside