• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 142.
#2101 4 years ago

I bet some GBLE owners wish Stern had a buy back program for them.

#2102 4 years ago

Stern's pricing strategy...

xZ95aa7.giftumblr_mnaj30lwnZ1r5r8duo2_250.gif

#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, I miss the days of the real mirrored backglass. Now the mirrored translight ink is just not the same at all. A real mirrored backglass is a worthy LE upgrade, but such an item does not exist at this moment.

100% agree.

I have my NGG next to the TWD Premium - the NGG backglass looks so much better than the translite.

At these prices it is crazy that there are no backglasses.

I would expect a mirrored proper backglass for a retro title like this, with the crazy prices that have been released.

Maybe there will be??

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

100% agree.
I have my NGG next to the TWD Premium - the NGG backglass looks so much better than the translite.
At these prices it is crazy that there are no backglasses.
I would expect a mirrored proper backglass for a retro title like this, with the crazy prices that have been released.
Maybe there will be??

I wouldn't count on it.

#2105 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Deployable behavior? Oh yeah, that's capguntrooper!

I apologize, I really need to get my deployable behavior under control. Taliban and Isis just can't live with it here.

#2106 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This whole system is that Stern wants the big money for these secondary market transactions. They are trying to eliminate the high dollar demands before the game is even in peoples hands.
NEWS FLASH for stern.....You know how you stop that? Fawking stop making LE shit. Just make one fawking game like it's suppose to and get rid of all this other bullshit. Bam. No more fighting over games, no more high dollar transactions taking place. 10-20 year from now, a collector is going to be damn confused when buying a game from someone. Is this an LE? is it a premium. Is it the LE with 16 flippers, opposed to the special 15 flipper version. Is it the K-mart blue light premium deluxe edition, that makes real flushing sounds everytime you boot it? This whole system is getting to be ass, and I think i'm going to stick to old school games from now on. These new games are not fun enough to put up with this bullshit.

Not to mention, with the Pro, LE/Premium and now the home editions in the pipe, Stern is coding 3 games instead of 1 and which one gets more code attention to fix bugs/missing features? Of course, the next title that is coming out several months before it is ready.

#2107 4 years ago

I was really hoping they released something today since today is "Batman" day.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/09/01/about-batman-day-2016

Maybe on Monday? I hope some additional info (leaked or official) shows up before expo.

#2108 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I paid $6600 for Metallica LE NIB at launch...and we got to see pictures lol. Premiums were $5800....and people were complaining then about the high prices and price dif between the Prem and LE. That was only a few years ago!!! Lol

And now NIB MET Premiums are $6500-$6700. These are quoted prices from this month!

#2109 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was really hoping they released something today since today is "Batman" day.
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/09/01/about-batman-day-2016
Maybe on Monday? I hope some additional info (leaked or official) shows up before expo.

And I was not informed?!

My face book feed is supposed to keep me up to date on these phony Baloney nonsense promotional holidays.

#2110 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

-QC issues leaving with leaving customer in the dark
-keep producing games with QC issues leaving customers in the dark

Totally agree, the communication is terrible from Stern, like every other pinball company

Yet they can't keep up with production and apparently August was their biggest month ever per Gary. People aren't voting with their wallets yet despite all the whining and complaining.

-implement a program to Replace playfield (at their discretion)

Stern is taking care of the issue like they always have. Maybe not in the most desirable way, but we all know people here that would do anything to take advantage of the situation. I'll partly blame the few jackwads that can be crappy and pain in the ass customers.

-announce 30th anniversary party charging customers to attend

The room is limited in numbers that can attend. I think we can come up with better things to whine about.

-release new game with a substantial price increase

So what, the bom is going way up too and prices will revert back to where they were in future releases!

-make customers apply to purchase super Le

Smart PR move, an identified group to sell the niche SLE's to in the future

The bottom line is there is a lot i don't like about the communication either and some of the QC issues, but all the bitching and whining isn't going to do a bit of good except make you feel better I guess.

This BM66 is a "special edition", I don't know why its so hard for people to figure that out and understand what is going on. If you don't like it, fast forward to the next title, that you will line up to buy despite all of the current teeth gnashing.

Buyers have brought much of this on ourselves, and I'm talking about the ones that buy a GBLE for $8k and try and flip it right away for $9k-$10K, or RZ.

WTF do you think is going to happen? If people are willing to pay those prices, why wouldn't Stern or JJP charge them? That merry go round is going to end soon enough but they are tapping it out right now like any business.

They screwed up the SMVE pricing experiment, maybe they will find this was a bad move too, who knows, but at the end of the day people will keep buying great pinball machines, PRO, PREMIUM and LE'S, that they like if the price is reasonable to the value they are getting.

#2111 4 years ago

How many people here are on a "list" to buy a Star Wars LE? Sight unseen? Hmmm? Not me this time.

So much for voting with your wallets. Let the Star Wars craziness begin.

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How many people here are on a "list" to buy a Star Wars LE? Sight unseen? Hmmm? Not me this time.
So much for voting with your wallets. Let the Star Wars craziness begin.

After seeing the rage that people had over the way Stern released Batman66, I doubt that Stern is crazy enough to do it again. They most likely will return to good ole fashioned show the product and let people decide if they want to buy. At least I hope so.

#2113 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

After seeing the rage that people had over the way Stern released Batman66, I doubt that Stern is crazy enough to do it again. They most likely will return to good ole fashioned show the product and let people decide if they want to buy. At least I hope so.

That IS what they are going to do and the rage will die down. And the Star Wars love fest, and the "take my money" chants will begin. It's almost comical.

I don't agree with everything, especially lack of communication and QC, but I'm just presenting the other side of the argument.

#2114 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That IS what they are going to do and the rage will die down. And the Star Wars love fest, and the "take my money" chants will begin. It's almost comical.

Agree on SW love fest and "take my money" chants. Unreal people are already lining up for that one based on title alone.

They may do a SLE for Star Wars. Honestly, I think they may be nuts not to (I don't like this model btw). There are SOO many crazy Star Wars fans that still to this day pay more for collectible figures with a painting variance. A pinball machine signed by Mark Hamill and the original cast with special Rebel Alliance plaques. $$$$$$ print it up if only 30 made.

Now I do expect a Pro, Premium, and regular LE. But a SLE with something super special for only 30 pins for die hard "friends", sadly I see as a possibility.

#2115 4 years ago

I don't normally post on this stuff but I have to laugh at all this "rage" talk. A few dozen angry pinsiders typing angrily on their keyboards armed with an arsenal of colourful emoticons does not define "rage". I am sure the Stern marketing team is in touch with FIMA to plan on how to handle the forthcoming rage epidemic. I picture a post apocalyptic world not unlike that pictured in TWD once these disgruntled pinsiders rise from their keyboards.

Seriously guys, you know you are all just going to bend over, grab your ankles and take it. "Rage" on good people - now go back down to your basements and play some pinball. But don't stop writing about this s because it keeps me entertained during the slow innings of the pennant races.

Have fun guys and gals.

#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yes he did...the right side is basically the same. The different element is the on the left side (redesigned ramps, divertor?), also the crane has a cab on it with penguin in it. I bet money it will have 3d buildings like ghostbusters, which may interact with the crane like MM. So anyone telling you it's a totally different game is just spewing marketing hype.
Edit: We really shouldn't be surprised they've rehashed so many games, IM is said to be like Austin Powers, Sopranos is basically LOTR. TWD's crossbow borrowed from AP....etc...etc. However to rehash a game for the 30th is a bit of letdown. I think almost all potential buyers would have prefered a fresh design.

Rehash talk really depends on opinion - Some said Tron was Funhouse. Totally different game play - but a pic from the top, then yeah, they kinda have similar shots, pops and ramps/orbits in similar places.

From listing to C2C, I don't hear George really saying this is the same game at all. The badgadget PF (i.e. the mirror image of LoTR PotD, was a snore on my BDK, and I'm hoping the "same" part is more the pop location, crane scoop, and stand up alfred target). I'm optimistic the "new" will truly be all the good stuff of BDK, less the "snore" parts, + plus cool new left side and LCD usage.

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What Stern should have done to commemorate it's 30 year anniversary is to give its loyal patrons a reasonably priced machine with three options-Good, Better, Best. This is nothing more than a greedy money grabbing move that also includes a three ring circus act for advertising. Yes Stern will sell 30 "Special Limited Editions" to wealthy fanboys but how many other people will they piss off in the process.
They should have priced them reasonable for their core customer base. They probably could sell considerably more units and make a higher profit margin than if they just sell Premiums, and LE's at a high map price...
Pro-$4495 (currently being called premium)
Premium-$5995 (currently being called LE)
LE-400 units(200 of each style) split-So oversees customers don't get the short end of the stick.-$7595 (currently being called Super LE)

If they can sell them, no reason to discount as a "special deal". I didn't see the 50th Mustang cars, rolled back to 1964 retail.

#2118 4 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

I agree with this 100% but this situation will lead to less games and increased demand in the secondary market. In the end the price you will have to pay for the machine will stay the same.
Man, Gary really has you by the balls, no way to escape!
I'm stating "you" and not "us" because I enjoy the games from before 2010 just as much as the newer ones, if not more. I like to play some games on them when visiting friends, but at home I prefer a more "original" retro arcade feel. The humor of WPC95s and the toy loaded WPCs is what i love most about pinball.

I don't agree that any maker has anybody captured. More importantly, buyers have no pricing power - not with the backlogs.

Plenty of new and used choices at all price points - more new buyers, at all price points too = new demand and lots more games produced and changing hands. Few enthusiasts have room or income to spend $25-30k to buy 4 new machines each year? Some NIB buyers keep selling last years model to those buying used, so they can keep getting the latest model.

Spooky sells all they can produce, see RZSI for example, 18 months of production (I think 600+ people wanted 300 games, that would take 18 months to build all 300). Could they double again, and do 600 game #3 - maybe, but that doubles their risk for what is essentially their family nest egg. They didn't expect a brand new market of Dominos Franchise owners would order 150 more games.

Stern can't meet demand for GB orders, they are what? 3-4 months behind due to PF ghosting or other vendors can't keep up in volume - Stern has to raise prices to slow down orders, just to reduce delays.

Heighway and Dutch had way more demand than capacity, and are just now dealing with backlogs from years ago. Alien won't even get room on the production line, until Throttle backlog is built.

Hell - JPop was $ Million up in smoke on preorders that were never delivered. There is buyer money all over the place.

Its great factories are running at 100%, expanding lines, and still sitting with months of backlog - way different than 2010, when the last producer was on the edge of the cliff.

#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Heck - there was a $ Million up in smoke on preorders that were never delivered. There is buyer money all over the place.

I think you ment Jpop, not ben on this one. you are calling out the wrong guy.

#2120 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I meant "heck", instead of "hell". Not Ben Heck. I'll clear it up in edit.

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

He was using Heck as a exclamation, not a dudes name. Unfortunate coincidence.

rd

#2122 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

if they use this as the justification, then they must truly think their customer base is naive. off the shelf LCD displays (which are widely produced) are a lot cheaper than the custom LED display panel that they've been using for the past 6 years.

Its not the cost of hardware, its the cost of creating content, operating system, and production moving from dots focus to clips and design focus.

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

He was using Heck as a exclamation, not a dudes name. Unfortunate coincidence.
rd

I think Neo was joking right? I thought it was funny

Are you on the SLE list R Diddy?

#2124 4 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

For every Pinsider that feels the B66 pricing structure is unrealistic (bogus?), there are two or three or twenty pinheads more than willing to pay without complaint. Prices will be what the market will bear. Maximize profits, that's what they should be doing.
Stern knows we'll (most of us?) always be here for them. Because where else are we realistically going to go? Anytime soon, that is.

Stern makes their business on pro pricing to operators, & makes higher margins on Premiums and LEs to the enthusiasts and collectors market. The higher margin is a bonus business recently discovered from the Tron LE flippers, and JJP price points confirming there was a larger group of enthusiasts and collectors willing to continue to buy new releases, than Stern anticipated. There is a market for each of the 3 categories, and it may continue to surprise us how deep that market is (remember when higher prices for ACDC and MET were "too much").

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think Neo was joking right? I thought it was funny

I took it as Neo being clever as well.

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

That was a mis-type, I corrected it above a minute ago. Makes no difference to the point though. Don't like the contest, don't enter. There are only 30 Super LE machines, not everyone can get one, so they made a contest to determine who can. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

The contest is marketing, plain and simple. What better way to show demand, than create buzz, even to the point of fans making videos to sway Stern to "let them" buy one. Easy to put the message out - our customers love our products so much, we got 100 people to put time and effort into trying to buy just 1 of our most expensive model yet. "see what you are missing?", "look at all the hype about pinball, maybe you should consider joining in?". Makes perfect marketing sense - and they can't be surprised if a few pinsiders bitch about it, and who cares, won't influence buy decisions, except on the margin - and we will sell these SLE and LE no problem. Hell, we will probably bring in premium buyers, who want to get on the "new pinball thing" that's so hot.

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I was going to ask what you are smoking, but then I looked at your location.

I thought the same thing - 30 at a price of $330 or at the price of our first machine sold in 1986 was... $x ?

#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

If they had a pro in the mid 4's I'd be all over this as an operator.

Is Stern just giving operators a temporary breather between models, and a <$6k pro on Aerosmith brings the operators back into the mix?
Its not like operators won't have 3-4 pro models to choose from just around the corner from the October Bat66 hype.

#2130 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Its not like operators won't have 3-4 pro models to choose from just around the corner from the October Bat66 hype.

How many Star Wars pro will the operators scoop up.

Stern biggest seller ever IF it delivers on layout with Ritchie, we know Lyman will hammer down the code.

#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Complete BS. There will be plenty of 10K LE's available.

I predict the LE's will be available at $8k prices too - for one, who pays full $9999? Second, a large portion of "collectors" buys the new LE, and sells it to fund the next new LE 12 months later. Collectors can't have room for all the LE's produced since LoTR, can they? I've owned 8 LE's, I currently have 4, soon to have 3. I'm switching to premiums, b/c they are same playfield as LE, and price depreciation is less IF I want to sell. I've owned 30 sterns, I've kept 7 - I'm mostly a switch it up buyer, and have only 3 permanent Sterns.
I agree - there will be plenty of LE's available of most titles. Some more (BIB or MET), some less (GoT, ST).

Added over 4 years ago: update: My prediction was wrong. I hear the LE's were sold close the MSAP. Le resales won't be at $8 this time around.

#2132 4 years ago

I can hardly wait to see how happy people are when they get their Batman66 LEs.

There is a certain charm that comes from spending that kind of coin and then finally seeing what it is that you bought.

#2133 4 years ago

batman (resized).JPG

#2134 4 years ago

SPOILER ALERT !!

#2136 4 years ago

What???? My db says 12.500 euro on a batman le???
12.500 euro?? For a stern pinball??
I am sooo out, this is nuts...
I can own 4 williams and a data east for that kind of money.
That is crazy money for the low quality you get.
Anatomically it is not even possible to get the lockbar off with these 2 weird clips.
I am off the stern train man, bumpy ride anyways...i am going old skool again.
Played cv tonight,played my no fear tonight..had a blast!
Gble is cool and grows on you, but the old skool machines were just right you know..

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I am sooo out, this is nuts...

I don't know man, it looks like the most awesome pinball machine ever!

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't know man, it looks like the most awesome pinball machine ever!

It does O man, you've seen it too?

#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It does O man, you've seen it too?

In my dreams.

I hear they want to keep it a secret until they are all sold out, so they are moving production for this title to Fort Knox.

#2140 4 years ago

So now it has come to this:

https://www.gofundme.com/2pg3b98

#2141 4 years ago

40117908 (resized).jpg

#2142 4 years ago

Doesn't that guy post here? Name seems familiar..

#2143 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

So now it has come to this:

That is something else. He's already got $40 bucks!

#2144 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Doesn't that guy post here? Name seems familiar..

No idea who he is. I came across it on tilt. It is good for a laugh though!

I started looking and found these. I will withhold comments

#2145 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I started looking and found these. I will withhold comments

I like the one comment. "Sad..". lololol

Am I the only one laughing about this whole ordeal? I think it's hilarious!

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I like the one comment. "Sad..". lololol
Am I the only one laughing about this whole ordeal? I think it's hilarious!

No it is funny! I will admit I think the whole things is nuts but in the end I am laughing about it while shaking my head.

#2147 4 years ago

Wow, poor Jim Tracy deserves one if anybody does.

WWELE, AvatarLE, TFLE, XMENLE and AvengersLE

#2148 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

No it is funny! I will admit I think the whole things is nuts but in the end I am laughing about it while shaking my head.

I'm glad Stern has a sense of humor. I live for this shit. It just keeps getting better.

#2149 4 years ago

Ok, so i might be a bit crazy, dumbass, whatever, but I'm not making any F ing video for a pinball machine. Nor will you ever see me dressed up in a GB costume.

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow, poor Jim Tracy deserves one if anybody does.
WWELE, AvatarLE, TFLE, XMENLE and AvengersLE

I kind of felt sorry for the guy with Elvis and Kiss too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside