• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 142.
#2051 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Yeah right.....want to buy some swamp land in Florida?

So you are saying that out of the 240 LE's all are locked up and spoken for and none are going to become available over the next 8 weeks from distributors. I'm sure you are probably right . I have 2 people that I know that were on waiting lists and guess what, one was called yesterday and now is getting an LE. Maybe you can forward me the info on this swampland so I can see if he's interested?

#2052 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

So originally I thought the SLEs were for special friends only. Given that they have now made an application for this does this mean the special friends gave it a pass so they need to sell them some other way?

No, it means they are making one available to the public as to involve the general customer base and promote the brand. Doesn't interest me - but the title itself does, which is why I am following the thread. People were mad because the SuperLEs were being distributed in a secretive way that did not involve the public. People are pissed they the *DID* involve the public in a contest ...because, you know, they are only giving away one chance to buy (I imagine). People are pissed the SuperLEs are super $$$. People are pissed the SuperLEs are limited. People would be pissed if the SuperLEs were the same price as the regular LEs. TL:DR? People are pissed!!!!

#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

And there would be 10 more pages of super pissed people if they had been priced identical to the LEs. "WHAT??????? Stern expects me to pay the same price for an piddly ole' LE when there were 30 SUPERLEs?????????????? A T T H E S A M E P R I C E!?!?!?!?!?!" I guess my point is that many people here just enjoy being super pissed and would do so no matter what.

I'm seeing this negative rhetoric in places I normally don't though. Even the super positive Pinheadz podcast is posting a "bubble bursting" question on their Facebook feed. I doubt we would be seeing nearly as much negativity if the SLE was priced closer to the LE, just the same old noise. I'm not saying it's doom and gloom for Stern, just another misstep which may add up down the road.

#2054 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I'm seeing this negative rhetoric in places I normally don't though.

There's also an unusually negative article in Pinball News entitled: "HOLY CASH COW! BATMAN 66 DETAILS REVEALED"

"Stern were clearly milking this title for every last drop they can wring out of collectors, and that appears to be fully confirmed by the prices for the three models."

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/batman66/index3.html

#2055 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I see no way these wont all be sold despite the prices they are charging.

I'm not sure what you're going by. A quick google search shows that I can buy a NIB limited edition of GOT, Mustang, WWE, Kiss, Transformers, Xmen, Avengers. That's 7 out of the last 12 limited editions. Only 5 I can't find from a distributor Metallica, TWD, AC/DC, Ghostbusters and Star Trek but maybe if I made some calls and really searched I could find them somewhere. I can definitely find them on the secondary market.

There's a more than even chance that B66 won't sell out of LEs.

#2056 4 years ago

I'm dying to know how Stern plans on enforcing the "You can't sell your game to anybody but us for 18 months" thing on the mega super LEs.

It's ridiculous...even considering the spiraling standards of this entire bizarre promotion.

#2057 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I'm seeing this negative rhetoric in places I normally don't though. Even the super positive Pinheadz podcast is posting a "bubble bursting" question on their Facebook feed. I doubt we would be seeing nearly as much negativity if the SLE was priced closer to the LE, just the same old noise. I'm not saying it's doom and gloom for Stern, just another misstep which may add up down the road.

I am not disagreeing with that at all......and to be honest I was surprised the SLEs were ridiculously priced. Seeing as they are promotional/goodwill things, it makes absolutely no sense. Stern is far from perfect - I don't defend them and encourage people to hold their feet to the flames. Having said all of that, I just want to see how the game is.....and filling up time until reveal with endless negativity seems pointless. But thats just me! No one is forcing me to read this thread either

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

There's also an unusually negative article in Pinball News entitled: "HOLY CASH COW! BATMAN 66 DETAILS REVEALED"
"Stern were clearly milking this title for every last drop they can wring out of collectors, and that appears to be fully confirmed by the prices for the three models."
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/batman66/index3.html

"The Super-LE meanwhile shamelessly tries to cash-in with a price tag of $14,999"

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm not sure what you're going by.

He's a shill. That's all he needs to go by. 100% supportive of Stern no matter what the facts show.

#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

He's a shill. That's all he needs to go by. 100% supportive of Stern no matter what the facts show.

Seems that way.

#2061 4 years ago

I have a deposit on an LE and Im struggling with the purchase knowing I can get the same game for a lot less money. The LE only offers extra bling, but often I dont seem to have the same idea of "bling" as stern does. This makes it really tough to justify the extra 2k+ for extra bling that I have not even seen yet, and Im told I need to be paid in full in the next 2 weeks. Ive heard Adam West is signing all of the LE's and I'll bet thats costing me $200 for a sharpie scribble on my apron or pf. The 2 batch custom plates of episode and bat gadget stuff is really iffy. While most folks would want the Joker or Mr. Freeze, there were also a lot of dud bad guys that could ultimately make your LE less collectible out of the gate and depreciate instantly. Id be totally disappointed if I got a Chandell episode.Same with the bat gadgets. The batmobile and batarang are way cool but with 120 gadgets you can bet there will be some stinkers. I do honestly remember an episode with Mr. Freeze where the dynamic duo was being frozen to death in a giant snow cone machine. When they escaped batman said, "Its lucky Alfred made us wear our Bat-Thermo underwear today." Someones gonna get that gadget on their game and be stuck with an undesirable version. Im leaning towards letting my LE go and just get a premium to be safe as who knows what other lame bad guys and kinky bat gadgets abound. (Gadget meme attached for anyone who wants to play along.)

Chandell LE (resized).jpg
bat thermo underwear (resized).jpg
Magnetic Bat-Nipple Clamps (resized).jpg
Blank Bat Gadget (resized).jpg

#2062 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I have a deposit on an LE and Im struggling with the purchase knowing I can get the same game for a lot less money. The LE only offers extra bling, but often I dont seem to have the same idea of "bling" as stern does. This makes it really tough to justify the extra 2k+ for extra bling that I have not even seen yet, and Im told I need to be paid in full in the next 2 weeks. Ive heard Adam West is signing all of the LE's and I'll bet thats costing me $200 for a sharpie scribble on my apron or pf. The 2 batch custom plates of episode and bat gadget stuff is really iffy. While most folks would want the Joker or Mr. Freeze, there were also a lot of dude bad guys that could ultimately make your LE less collectible out of the gate and depreciate instantly. Id be totally disappointed if I got a Chandell episode.Same with the bat gadgets. The batmobile and batarang are way cool but with 120 gadgets you can bet there will be some stinkers. I do honestly remember an episode with Mr. Freeze where the dynamic duo was being frozen to death in a giant snow cone machine. When they escaped batman said, "Its lucky Alfred made us wear our Bat-Thermo underwear today." Someones gonna get that gadget on their game and be stuck with an undesirable version. Im leaning towards letting my LE go and just get a premium to be safe as who knows what other lame bad guys and kinky bat gadgets abound. (Gadget meme attached for anyone who wants to play along.)

I think it's near impossible to justify the increased cost of any LE over a Premium (with the exception of Star Trek), unless you're just loving the theme. -Which is ok in my opinion, but not usually smart for me.

#2063 4 years ago

Got call today and was going to stay in on LE no matter what the price was.

Yes $9500 was at the high end.

Funny how people cream all over themselves when they buy a GBLE or RZ or any other pin and flip it for big bucks before they even get it.

Some of the same guys are whining about the prices.

Can you really blame Stern and distributors for taking your flipper profit if people like me are willing to pay $9500?

Pissed? Why?

Buy or not. Spooky has one for $6250

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I think it's near impossible to justify the increased cost of any LE over a Premium (with the exception of Star Trek), unless you're just loving the theme. -Which is ok in my opinion, but not usually smart for me.

Totally. I bought a Met LE, but would
Have been fine with the Premium. Back then it was only a $800 difference and I liked the trim color, Mirrored backglass and Master of Puppets art enough to bite.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Says the super jjp nuthugger.

#2066 4 years ago

Prices before pictures gives room for lots of speculation and customer pushback.

#2067 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can you really blame Stern and distributors for taking your flipper profit if people like me are willing to pay $9500?
Pissed? Why?

Buyers have more options when they're not being gouged straight from the source. I didn't pay close to $9500 for my GBLE.

#2068 4 years ago

On a positive note for Stern, this thread is diverting a lot of attention away from the playfield issues and the "Stern are you serious" thread.

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Blame rich people all you want. Its fashionable to do so these days and be sure to also call them stupid.
Its the struggling middle class with the "Keep up with the Jones" mentality to blame. The "spend now, the future will take care of itself" generations will be right in the middle of all of this. And that is a much larger issue than our little hobby.

The middle class is struggling because Richie Rich lowered their wages and canceled their pensions.

#2070 4 years ago

I think we're at the peak of the pinball bubble and it's about to burst. New Sterns are simply not worth this money.

Regardless, I'm not buying any more Sterns for the foreseeable. They've lost my custom.

Holy Bad PR etc. But greed is good, right..?

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

New Sterns are simply not worth this money.

How can you say that?

New Sterns are fun and fun is priceless, therefore new Sterns are priceless.

#2072 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Buyers have more options when they're not being gouged straight from the source. I didn't pay close to $9500 for my GBLE.

Exactly, you paid $8k like me and could have sold it for $9500

I mean hey, I'd rather pay $8k not $9500. Not gonna get pissed about it

#2073 4 years ago

Stern's mistake was announcing this game, and later prices, without showing the game. No playfield photos, no matrix. What is left for us to discuss other than the price jump?

The little promo flyer says the 240 LEs will be "dressed even more so than a normal LE game" - I assume to help justify the price jump, but we haven't been told what that is, other than what the SLE is getting.

The last LE that had a big price jump was STLE, and that is arguably one of the best LEs ever. So, I'm game if they create the value for the LE, but so far they haven't shown it to us.

And of course there are my issues with the SLE being the "real" LE, and that the regular LEs are diminished, yet they are the most expensive LE (other than the SLE) Stern has produced. But that horse has left the barn.

Buzz/rumors I've heard for the game are all positive, so I am excited for it.

#2074 4 years ago

What about the line out the door for people offering distributors over $9k for an already taken GBLE if they would just pretty please sell it to them and cut the early guy out?

Begging to pay $9k

#2075 4 years ago

It's funny. I paid $8,995 for a P3 back in Aug 2012. Looks like a bargain now! Assuming P3 ever arrives, of course...

#2076 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Stern's mistake was announcing this game, and later prices, without showing the game. No playfield photos, no matrix. What is left for us to discuss other than the price jump?

I'm not so sure. It seems machines often sell better on hope than on reality. Once people have money invested some will drop out if the game is disappointing but many will stay in.

#2077 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm dying to know how Stern plans on enforcing the "You can't sell your game to anybody but us for 18 months" thing on the mega super LEs.
It's ridiculous...even considering the spiraling standards of this entire bizarre promotion.

I have not looked at the specific language being proposed by Stern (whatever it says it's ridiculous) but if it is phrased as you have stated above I don't think it is enforceable. You either own the property and can do with it as you please or you don't.

A Right of First Refusal can be an enforceable provision in a contract, but it does not mean that "you can't sell your game to anybody but us for 18 months." The way a Right of First Refusal normally works (and it usually applies to real estate transactions) is having someone who owns real estate that they want to sell to someone. However, someone else (STERN) has a right of first refusal to purchase the real estate. Before the owner can sell the real estate to the person who wants to buy it, they must first offer it to STERN under the same terms and conditions offered by the person trying to buy it. If STERN exercises the right of first refusal and follows through with the purchase, the other person who made the offer will have no right to acquire the real estate (pin).

It should be pretty obvious to anyone how you can get around this when it comes to a pinball machine. Hint: there is no requirement that an offer to buy a pin be in writing like there is in Real Estate.

#2078 4 years ago

To me the real risk of not honoring Stern's SLE request is quite simply you will never be in their "circle of trust" again. What is that worth to you.

Most SLE buyers I'm guessing would like to be involved in whatever comes down the pipe later.

#2079 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

To me the real risk of not honoring Stern's SLE request is quite simply you will never be in their "circle of trust" again. What is that worth to you.
Most SLE buyers I'm guessing would like to be involved in whatever comes down the pipe later.

How is Stern going to know if you sold your Super Duper Excellent Triple Ultimate LE to someone?

Are they going to require the owners to open their home to a Stern employee to confirm that they haven't sold their SDETULE?

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

It's funny. I paid $8,995 for a P3 back in Aug 2012. Looks like a bargain now! Assuming P3 ever arrives, of course...

Everything is a bargain with the that pricing

#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Which also means if they accept your application for an SLE you better follow through, even if you think it's not worth the money when you actually see and play the game. Otherwise, "No Soup for You!" in the future.

#2082 4 years ago

I was once charged $9,995 for a pin I never got.

$9,500 is a f Ing bargain.

#2083 4 years ago

Amused-Bill-Hader-Eating-Popcorn (resized).jpg

#2084 4 years ago

I have Star Trek LE (Best LE Ever!), TWD LE, GoT LE and GB LE.....but I'm gonna sit this one out

#2085 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Why the shit isn't that thing out yet!?!?!?

#2086 4 years ago

I would demand stern signs a buy back agreement from me if I was chosen to buy one of these silly super LEs. Hell, extend the agreement to 5 years. I would love it if they always signed a buy back agreement, period.
I can't imagine how big the pool of buyers is on a 15k toy. Some will sit on these things with no buyers in sight.

#2087 4 years ago

It's a horrible time to buy a Stern IMO

QC issues.

High prices.

Incomplete code.

Vague product launches.

Why did they flake out?

Frolic & Ice are to blame!

#2088 4 years ago

ice-1 (resized).png

#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mirrored backglass

Ah, I miss the days of the real mirrored backglass. Now the mirrored translight ink is just not the same at all. A real mirrored backglass is a worthy LE upgrade, but such an item does not exist at this moment.

#2090 4 years ago

Has anyone considered that the, Can't sell for 18 months, is just a sales gimmick?

#2091 4 years ago

I don't care so much that stern raised their prices by itself, but what bothers is me is the timeline of their actions over the past several months

-QC issues leaving with leaving customer in the dark
-keep producing games with QC issues leaving customers in the dark
-implement a program to Replace playfield (at their discretion)
-announce 30th anniversary party charging customers to attend
-release new game with a substantial price increase
-make customers apply to purchase super Le

Stern may make fun games, but when it comes to their PR campaign or lack of one, I find them to now be a very arrogant company

#2092 4 years ago

Stern's Facebook has been more sterilized than North Korea's. The announcement post is 36hrs old and has been deleted down to 14 comments. Hilarious!

image (resized).jpeg

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I don't care so much that stern raised their prices by itself, but what bothers is me is the timeline of their actions over the past several months
Stern may make fun games, but when it comes to their PR campaign or lack of one, I find them to now be a very arrogant company

I guess when you have people buying your sh*t (literally) faster than you can make it then you can be that way. Hell, people are buying their sh*t at inflated prices without even seeing it and knowing what it is or if its even gonna be any good. I mean lol can you blame them for the way they run their business? Id love to be in business and have a customer base like that. Terrible quality....no problem, people will buy anyway. No communication if they are going to fix peoples playfields that are falling apart......no problem, people still keep buying. Raise prices on a game and take pre orders for it.......no problem, people are standing in line and buying something that they dont even have a clue as to what it is yet. I dont want to go as far to call people stupid because theres actually a couple of people on here that I like who are sending them money for something sight unseen and at a time Stern is literally making a very poor quality product but this just makes me shake my head. I have money right now ready to buy a new pin from Stern but im afraid to. I work too hard for my money to buy a 7-8 thousand dollar toy that is of poor quality.

#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Besides the very last line item... this is the same company and actions we've had for nearly the last decade.

Stern has issues.. they solve them with their customers... they never make public statements about them (and stopped technical bulletins ages ago)
They ship games... they raise prices.

The promos for special edition games are the least of my worries. I'm worried about things like the pile of crap they ship as a manual these days... the cost nipping while the prices go up.

Yet people are bothered about facebook, video submissions, and games they would never buy.

Why can't we focus on the actual PINBALL side of Stern?

#2095 4 years ago

Wow....if JJP had pulled a stunt like this there would have been 4X the amount of complaints. Haters gonna hate. I will put my stock in the next JJP game before getting involved in this cluster when Stern has not yet figured out how to make 100% of their playfields up to snuff in terms of their clearcoat peeling, lifting inserts and CC not adhering to inserts.

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Wow....if JJP had pulled a stunt like this there would have been 4X the amount of complaints. Haters gonna hate. I will put my stock in the next JJP game before getting involved in this cluster when Stern has not yet figured out how to make 100% of their playfields up to snuff in terms of their clearcoat peeling, lifting inserts and CC not adhering to inserts.

This could also happen with JJP though and I think it has already if im not mistaken. When Stern switched playfield manufacturers though they should have know it was too risky of a move to make. This could ruin their business if it doesnt get fixed ASAP

#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This could also happen with JJP though and I think it has already if im not mistaken. When Stern switched playfield manufacturers though they should have know it was too risky of a move to make. This could ruin their business if it doesnt get fixed ASAP

Now that you mention it I do recall that JJP had some issues with CC peeling on WOZ. I would assume that they took care of their customers though since we never heard a continuing saga about it as long as this one. All it would take for Stern to make it a non issue is an admission of the problems and the solution to be made public. Its hard to believe they are just keeping their mouths shut on a problem that has gone on for this long.

#2098 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Now that you mention it I do recall that JJP had some issues with CC peeling on WOZ. I would assume that they took care of their customers though since we never heard a continuing saga about it as long as this one. All it would take for Stern to make it a non issue is an admission of the problems and the solution to be made public. Its hard to believe they are just keeping their mouths shut on a problem that has gone on for this long.

I certainly do not disagree with you. I have money right now for a new machine and want one bad, but they have to restore my confidence in them first and them not talking isnt giving me much confidence at all. If they would just say that the problem is fixed id order a machine tomorrow, but since they wont say anything I have to wait and see if new customers have problems or not. I hate waiting!

#2099 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Didn't suck when you put your entire collection up for sale

i'd rather have my collection be worth less and be able to buy more games at reasonable prices than to have this shit that's been happening the past 4-5 years.

#2100 4 years ago

This whole system is that Stern wants the big money for these secondary market transactions. They are trying to eliminate the high dollar demands before the game is even in peoples hands.

NEWS FLASH for stern.....You know how you stop that? Fawking stop making LE shit. Just make one fawking game like it's suppose to and get rid of all this other bullshit. Bam. No more fighting over games, no more high dollar transactions taking place. 10-20 year from now, a collector is going to be damn confused when buying a game from someone. Is this an LE? is it a premium. Is it the LE with 16 flippers, opposed to the special 15 flipper version. Is it the K-mart blue light premium deluxe edition, that makes real flushing sounds everytime you boot it? This whole system is getting to be ass, and I think i'm going to stick to old school games from now on. These new games are not fun enough to put up with this bullshit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside