By GAP

1 year ago

Stats

• 7,058 posts
  • 604 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Bamatami
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7058 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 142.
#151 1 year ago

I got to see the batcycle and sidecar go cart at a car auction in Raleigh a couple of years ago. It was not on auction and was over on the side with no ropes or anything. I got to climb all around/on it. FYI, it's a Yamaha. The go cart was pretty cool too.

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I really hope the figures on the poster don't represent the artwork on the game
What I mean take some Carmine Infantino artwork, Alex Ross (see his Batman '66 covers) or even photoshopped from Batman '66 movie.

I agree. I'd hardly consider the images on the flyer "iconic art package".

#153 1 year ago

Might be fun to play but not a theme I'd buy...all I can think of is this....

tumblr_inline_mylnlqpVBy1qjgij7 (resized).png

#154 1 year ago

Well played Stern. Well played.
The only miss here is the introduction of a Stern cash rewards Visa card.
Enjoy!

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mick is a moving standup target. Crane is a moving ball. They feel totally different. The crane is one of the most satisfying bash toys ever. It just feels awesome to hit metal on metal....and Lyman did all sorts of fun stuff with its movement that changed throughout the game. The crane toy with a better Batgame built around it could be a mega winner.

Maybe the crane is redesigned as the bomb from the 1966 movie and as you hit it you pass the marching band, loving couple, etc. in order to eventually dispose of the bomb!

Brad

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody find out the price of a premium yet?

I thought you only buy pros lol

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One title without a Pro

Two. SMVE and this. I call two the start of a trend.

I realize some will say I'm being Chicken Little, but I think the writing is on the wall.

#158 1 year ago

This sounds pretty cool. I will never buy one new, but pretty cool! Is it me or is WOZ and The Hobbit way more machine for the money than these high end machines from Stern?

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Two. SMVE and this. I call two the start of a trend.
I realize some will say I'm being Chicken Little, but I think the writing is on the wall.

It's a great way to boost prices without "raising them". The lcd would be a natural inflection point to do away with the basic level game... Arguing the price point can't be maintained etc

#160 1 year ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

This sounds pretty cool. I will never buy one new, but pretty cool! Is it me or is WOZ and The Hobbit way more machine for the money than these high end machines from Stern?

It's just you.

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's a great way to boost prices without "raising them".

Right, get rid of the Pro on the low end and add the Super LE on the high end.

#162 1 year ago

From a Pro-Premium-LE model to:
A Premium-LE-SuperLE model to:
An LE-SuperLE-SuperDeluxeLE model, etc.

And so forth. A rose by any other name. But you can charge more for that rose if it's called a Double Super Deluxe Special Platinum Limited Edition...

#163 1 year ago

Maybe the second LCD replaces the playfield to prevent ghosting, inserts will just be an image on the screen. Hybrid virtual pinball.

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

From a Pro-Premium-LE model to:
A Premium-LE-SuperLE model to:
An LE-SuperLE-SuperDeluxeLE model, etc.
And so forth. A rose by any other name. But you can charge more for that rose if it's called a Double Super Deluxe Special Platinum Limited Edition...

Except the Pro model would truly be dead. No more stripped games....just more bling.

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

You get higher quality parts and more extras on the art and details, but I think Stern has a better track record of quality gameplay and reasonable timelines for shipping games. That said, I won't buy a NIB Stern after how frustrating the GB LE experience has been. I'll only buy used games going forward.

#166 1 year ago

First deliveries on November? after GB delays I'm sceptical

#167 1 year ago

Stern: How do we charge people more money without having them revolt against us?

Stern Employee: Rename the Pro to Premium, the Premium to LE, and LE to Super LE.

Stern: Brilliant!!

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

And why the Green Hornet and Kato?

It's the DC Batman '66 / Green Hornet comic book from two years ago.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/batman-%E2%80%9866-meets-the-green-hornet-2014/batman-%E2%80%9866-meets-the-green-hornet-1

#169 1 year ago

the 66 crane

joker (resized).jpg

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Stern: How do we charge people more money without having them revolt against us?
Stern Employee: Rename the Pro to Premium, the Premium to LE, and LE to Super LE.
Stern: Brilliant!!

What Pro has 2 LCD screens???

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It would be interesting to see the reaction if games that are playable at Expo start cracking like your playfield did. That would be embarrassing for Stern.

Pretty sure they'll make certain test games / protos playable by the public at shows or on location will all be manufactured properly, unlike those which go out to paying customers. Then some will blithely think if they order this title there won't be torn up clear & paint and botched inserts ... their silence continues to be deafening on the issue, and I'm sure it's not because they've fixed it.

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Hobbit Standard

#173 1 year ago

Full Throttle?

Quoted from Air_Pinball:

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from GAP:

I have delivered 9 GBLE, and none of them have ghosting issues. Same goes for GB pro. I know Stern is working hard at resolving the issues. Now I have had 1 customer have ghosting on smve.

distributors are in a tough spot right now but i feel you are not being forthcoming.
where did these 9 magical gb le come from? did any have mismatch rails or any other of the numerous problems that are being reported? how do you know stern is working hard to resolve the issues? why should we believe you? we have heard nothing but crickets from stern and have been seeing numerous new gb le with ghosting and horrible clearcoat issues and even the last gb le shipped with mismatched rails. c'mon!!

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sounds just like a BDK VE. Lyman/Gomez were on the original.
Trying hard not to be cynical but...dressing up a VE up as something new..... pro being replaced by premium as an excuse to bump the price again.....Super LE "by invitation only"(!!!!! WTF?).......
You'd want to love batman.

I expect they've realised that re-spinning existing layouts / toys / mechs has a much higher rate of return than doing all new machines all the time.

I can't imagine this won't be a re-spin, and that would make it the third this year! Spiderman VE (Spiderman), Pabst (Whoa Nellie) and Batman '66 (Batman Dark Knight).

Who'd have thought at the beginning of the year Ghostbusters would be the only all new game for Stern in 2016 ... and even then, it would be blighted by serious quality issues.

#176 1 year ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Full Throttle?

Those aren't Pro's. They cost more than $5,000.

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hobbit Standard

That's in the Premium price range.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I expect they've realised that re-spinning existing layouts / toys / mechs has a much higher rate of return than doing all new machines all the time.
I can't imagine this won't be a re-spin, and that would make it the third this year! Spiderman VE (Spiderman), Pabst (Whoa Nellie) and Batman '66 (Batman Dark Knight).
Who'd have thought at the beginning of the year Ghostbusters would be the only all new game for Stern in 2016 ... and even then, it would be blighted by serious quality issues.

This would appear to be much more than a re-skin, like Spider-Man and PBR.

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Well played Stern. Well played.
The only miss here is the introduction of a Stern cash rewards Visa card.
Enjoy!

JJP already tried that.

#180 1 year ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

This would appear to be much more than a re-skin, like Spider-Man and PBR.

There are obviously varying degrees, but given that they're re-using elements from the last Batman game, they're clearly very keen to save development costs and hours. Given all the current quality issues, it doesn't bode well. I wonder what other costs will have been cut this time? Re-constituted cardboard legs?

#181 1 year ago

I have to admit, I got a little giddy when a buddy first told me about the announcement. But, after reading countless posts on this thread, my excitement died down and common sense kicked in. I came to the conclusion in this hobby that you can never have "the next best thing" because in a couple of months the newest, brightest, gotta havest (new word invented by me), pin comes along and takes the glory away of buying your last pin. C'mon, don't look at me like that, we're ALL guilty. Heck, I haven't even warmed up yet to my GBLE (while others are patiently waiting) when Stern drops this on us while they haven't even fixed some issues with the last pin.

Not to sound like a Debbie Downer because I know some pinsiders want this pin. I get it. That is what Stern does. It's their business to sell and market pins. I kinda felt Stern was going to drop a major "something or other" before this holiday weekend to appease the fans, but Dangit I was hoping for some cool code updates for their "older" pins ( cough cough KISS cough cough).

I can't buy this pin. I won't buy this pin (stomping his feet). I LOVE Batman. Heck, I still collect his comic. I ran out of space, room, money, or whatever you want to fill in the excuse blank with. Besides, I have a deposit down on an Alien pin, which barely beats out Batman as my favorite license. Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping a neighbor pinhead close to me will buy one so I can play it.

But c'mon, a Super LE???? If I bought a Super Duper, Heavy Rocking Kiss Limited until we make a Vault Edition Remake VE pin, could I have had Gene Simmons come over and lick my translight?? (Although that does sound tempting).

I told myself I have to stop the fanfare bus sometime. Ofcourse, this warranty runs out if Stern announces a Star Wars Rogue One pin. But I swear, this is the last time!!

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

There are obviously varying degrees, but given that they're re-using elements from the last Batman game, they're clearly very keen to save development costs and hours ... I wonder what other costs will have been cut this time? Legs collapsing?

Having new interactive toys, and an interactive LCD screen on the playfield, and a new LCD screen don't sound they were that worried about keeping costs down. They may have just brought the best part of BDK over...the crane.

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

the 66 crane

There it is! I've been trying to remember what episode that was.

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

It's the DC Batman '66 / Green Hornet comic book from two years ago.
http://www.dccomics.com/comics/batman-%E2%80%9866-meets-the-green-hornet-2014/batman-%E2%80%9866-meets-the-green-hornet-1

The Green Hornet was on one of the Batman TV episodes. I remember watching it first run on TV. Yea I am that old.

» YouTube video

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Having new interactive toys, and an interactive LCD screen on the playfield, and a new LCD screen don't sound they were that worried about keeping costs down. They may have just brought the best part of BDK over...the crane.

Really doubt it's any more than a re-skin like SMVE. Mostly identical layout, but new toys art and callouts. But we dont know until we see it.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Who'd have thought at the beginning of the year Ghostbusters would be the only all new game for Stern in 2016 ...

Didnt think of that - I guess with moving to the new factory and also the new OS, a big year of new titles wouldnt have been ideal. And proven to be a good strategy given the struggle keeping up with existing demand and all the GB issues/PF issues. One new title and a couple of re-skins has proven more than enough.

On the plus side, next year will be huge.

#186 1 year ago

Season 2 The Joker's Hard Times episode.

#188 1 year ago

I have just jumped into this hobby 2 years ago and I have seen sh*t that will turn you white!

-MM remakes
-Vault Editions
-Super LE's
-8K plus the norm for NIB
-People that will pay for pins sight unseen wait for 3+ years for delivery
-People lose all their money on a JPOP deal gone bad (and double down on another pin)
-JJP delays
-Stern QC issues and non support of their existing machines code updates
-and now deposits without seeing the product or the price

And we can't get enough?!

I guess I am part of the problem - I purchased a Hobbit pin 2 years ago and just got it. Love the pin, but any other hobby and this would be 'bat shit' crazy (see what I did there )

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

The Green Hornet was on one of the Batman TV episodes. I remember watching it first run on TV. Yea I am that old.

Hey I saw it too! But I aint that old...

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Really doubt it's any more than a re-skin like SMVE. Mostly identical layout, but new toys art and callouts. But we dont know until we see it.

If it's new interactive toys, then it's not a re-skin. If the Coffee can is gone, it's not a re-skin, etc...

Spider-Man had new toys, but they were the same toys.

#191 1 year ago

This talk of the Pro being dead is assinine. It's basically free money for Stern and keeps location pinball alive all I've the world. Clearly this title has been deemed "for the collectors", hence low LE numbers and Premiums. There will be another new title this year and like usual, there will be a Pro...and the Pro will have a color LCD, as it doesn't cost any extra for the Pro to have one. The display is the same cost for Pro/Prem/LE, and the artists creating content for the display get paid the same whether there's a Pro or not - it's an irrelevant factor in this irrelevant discussion of "the death of the Pro".

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

If it's new interactive toys, then it's not a re-skin. If the Coffee can is gone, it's not a re-skin, etc...
Spider-Man had new toys, but they were the same toys.

Guess time will tell. But a new toy, doesnt make for a new game. Without changing the layout and code it's still the same game (IMO). It walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.......or should I say bat.

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This talk of the Pro being dead is assinine. It's basically free money for Stern and keeps location pinball alive all I've the world. Clearly this title has been deemed "for the collectors", hence low LE numbers and Premiums. There will be another new title this year and like usual, there will be a Pro...and the Pro will have a color LCD, as it doesn't cost any extra for the Pro to have one. The display is the same cost for Pro/Prem/LE, and the artists creating content for the display get paid the same whether there's a Pro or not - it's an irrelevant factor in this irrelevant discussion of "the death of the Pro".

Another new title after Batman '66, later in the year? That would be total madness given their many issues at the moment. Not to mention the backlog of very needed code updates for half a dozen titles.

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

So who's sending in their pre-order money?

Batman slapping meme with your Avatar made me laugh out loud.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Another new title after Batman '66, later in the year? That would be total madness given their many issues at the moment. Not to mention the backlog of very needed code updates for half a dozen titles.

Or, it's more product for customers to chose from. Remember, Stern always has an active catalog of games on the line. More customer choice = more $$$ goes to Stern that might go to other pin companies.

#196 1 year ago

hmmm....

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I forgot to mention in my post that I love this theme! I'm on the very excited side of the fence.

Ditto!!!...is it wrong to ask where would be the best shot at reserving an LE? I don't give a shit about the invite ( going for Alien) but definitely interested in this one.....

#198 1 year ago

How will they ever find the time to depopulate and repopulate all those returned playfields...

#199 1 year ago

30 Super LE's at $30k a piece! I mean hell why not..only 30 peeps in the world will have one. Just do it cuz you can Stern!

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Those aren't Pro's. They cost more than $5,000.

So under 5k defines a Pro? Ok, I'll buy that. I'm sure Stern "Pro" games won't be over that when the LCD hits...

Quoted from Rarehero:

there will be a Pro...and the Pro will have a color LCD, as it doesn't cost any extra for the Pro to have one.

I would really have a hard time believing Stern is going to swap over to LCD and not "Jack" the price up for the privilege. They have been doing a nice bump up each game. Now the do a game without a Pro, so when the Pro returns, a 5500 street price will look cheap, shouldn't it?

There are 7058 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 142.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 272 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside