PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 142.
#1801 7 years ago

Why do so many people have a hard time understanding this is not a regular release and can not be used as an indication of anything for normal releases? This is a boutique, special anniversary game and has an appropriate price to go along with it. It's not for everyone and that is understandable. What is not understandable is the number of crybabies here...

#1802 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

At 3:00am in Westin hallway.....

Must....push....bat.....eject......

#1803 7 years ago

Back on topic. Who is the hottest catwoman?

#1804 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Why do so many people have a hard time understanding this is not a regular release and can not be used as an indication of anything for normal releases? This is a boutique, special anniversary game and has an appropriate price to go along with it. It's not for everyone and that is understandable. What is not understandable is the number of crybabies here...

Why is it so hard to understand that if Stern has zero trouble selling 30 $15,000 games and 250 $10,000 games, and a shitload of $8,500 games, they aren't gonna see any need to roll back their prices, and in fact, it would be silly to do so?

I think that concern is understandable to most understanding folks.

#1805 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Is Stern trying to find the limits of this market?

Of course!

Seems a good time to remind everyone that Stern's Chief Revenue Officer formerly was a VP at Topps, where he made a living selling cardboard.

Topps used to sell plain ol' cards. Then they moved on to numbered cards, and one-of-a-kind cards with pieces of game-used items embedded in them.

Stern used to sell plain ol' pinball machines. Then they moved on to numbered pinball machines, and one-of-a-kind pinball machines named after bat tools.

Not that Mr. Buscaglia pioneered that sales progression, but he's lived it and knows it inside and out, and you can be sure he's keeping the train on that path.

Poke the upper end of the market until it finally screams, then turn the dial back a hair. Stern is still safely in the poking phase.

#1806 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who said they are going to sell a "shitload" of $8,500 premiums?

This is a "JJP style pin".

Besides, these are the MSRP prices.

#1807 7 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

An application form to purchase a $15k pinball machine...

LOL, I agree.

It's not that I even have a desire to buy any of the Batman 66 models. How much does a company have to think their shit doesn't stink to have an application for one of their products, rofl.

#1808 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I said "if."

And how much lower can we expect street price of the premium to be? Maybe $8000? That's still significantly more than their old LE point. The Super LE we can assume will actually cost $15,000 since it's straight from Stern.

IF this is a success, It's pretty clear to me this is new pricing. I guess the Pro will be around $6000-6500 street price on the next model as well. And clearly you haven't seen the last "Super LE" either if these actually do sell out with customers humiliating themselves by begging for them on video.

#1809 7 years ago

I hope charlie from spooky pinball is reading this right now, and he's thinking "what spooky themed pinball could I sell the SHIT out of for $6k?"

#1810 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Michelle Pfeiffer

#1811 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Super Limited Edition Model: $US 14,999

Well, at least now we know why they suddenly came up with that application bs after originally claiming to sell them only by their invitation - probably many of the originally "invited to buy" customers didn't bite at that price point.

#1812 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is a "JJP style pin".

Still in for a LE Ice?

#1813 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Well, at least now we know why they suddenly came up with that application bs after originally claiming to sell them only by their invitation - probably many of the originally "invited to buy" customers didn't bite at that price point.

There will be a few people biting at that price but I really cant think of 30 pinsiders who would be willing to pay that kind of money. Maybe 10 or 15 die hard guys.

#1814 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The poll could be RIGHTFULLY edited to include the clear winner, Julie Newmar, right now and she would still pass up the other pretenders that were listed.

1000x500px-LL-99260619_julie-newmar_catwoman-133 (resized).jpg1000x500px-LL-99260619_julie-newmar_catwoman-133 (resized).jpg

#1815 7 years ago

This is gonna be an interesting month. Let the pot boil till Expo. I'm interested to see what Stern thinks a 15K pin looks like.

#1816 7 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

The poll could be RIGHTFULLY edited to include the clear winner, Julie Newmar, right now and she would still pass up the other pretenders that were listed.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

tumblr_nxywhfuO0e1rp0vkjo1_500.giftumblr_nxywhfuO0e1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

#1817 7 years ago

I wonder if Frolic - Mr. LE - is still in at $20K CDN.

#1818 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And your data for Stern prices going down is???
From what I notice their gains and drops in MSRP didn't effect street price. The street prices just continued to increase. They are not going to give up those gains with newer pins. And I wouldn't be surprised if the SLE and LE street price was exactly what they listed.

It's not staying at this level. That's common sense. This is a one time thing being a 30th Anniversary Edition.

Stern has already said the Pro model is not going away. So these prices are not going to be around for the next game.

#1819 7 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

200w (4).gif200w (4).gif

200w (3).gif200w (3).gif

#1820 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

There will be a few people biting at that price but I really cant think of 30 pinsiders who would be willing to pay that kind of money. Maybe 10 or 15 die hard guys.

There's more then 30 people willing to pay $15k...

#1821 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm interested to see what Stern thinks a 15K pin looks like.

jd_is_a_15K_game_folks.jpgjd_is_a_15K_game_folks.jpg

#1822 7 years ago

Do we know if they have plans to reveal it (or at least a feature matrix or anything) before the application deadline? God, I wish I had money to blow on an LE pinball machine that costs $6000 more than the premium without even knowing what the upgrades are.

For the poors like me, Stern also has quality mini pinball machine offerings like Spiderman The Pin though.

#1823 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I wonder if Frolic - Mr. LE - is still in at $20K CDN.

More like $22k CAN with taxes in.

Quoted from lllvjr:

Possible buy unlikely, time will tell if we see an SLE model listed on their website at a discounted price. Then we know that not many on pinside bit either.

#1824 7 years ago

I was in before for an LE and remain in now. Hell, I paid $9,995 for JPoP's RAZA imaginary game, and now in this case I actually get a game for my cool $10K. What's not to like? $10K by September!!

#1825 7 years ago

Has Stern mentioned how they will notify the winners yet? I think it would be awesome if Gary Stern showed up at the lucky collector's house in a Stern "Prize Patrol" van. Instead of presenting the winner with a giant check, he could present them with some balloons, flowers, and a giant invoice for $15K

PrizePatrol (resized).jpgPrizePatrol (resized).jpg

#1826 7 years ago

wow those prices and if "The Pin" spiderman has a colour lcd for under $4k then why the price gauge on these games.

#1827 7 years ago

shouldn't it be the other way around? a special price on the next game for supporting stern for 30 years?
4k more for a super LE, i doubt there will be more than 1k worth of differences.

the Batman66 comes with

Stern's free gift (resized).jpgStern's free gift (resized).jpg

#1828 7 years ago

as per this updated thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-game-release-history

just for perspective

Home pinball with a colour LCD
September 2016 / Spiderman / The Pin / $4k (at a guess as no official MSRP release)

First game with LCD Display, not a DMD
August 2016 / Batman 66 / Pro - canned / not available this time around
August 2016 / Batman 66 / Premium (probably be the new Pro concept in 2017) / $8599
August 2016 / Batman 66 / LE (240 only) / $9999
August 2016 / Batman 66 / Super LE (30 only) / $14999

July 2016 / PBR "Can Crusher" / Boutique (Whoa Nellie design style game) / $ to be released by PBR

March 2016 / Ghostbusters / Pro / $5995
March 2016 / Ghostbusters / Premium / $7595
March 2016 / Ghostbusters / LE / $8795

January 2016 / Spiderman VE (Comic Version) / $7595

September 2015 / Game of Thrones / Pro / $5995
September 2015 / Game of Thrones / Premium / $7595
September 2015 / Game of Thrones / LE / $8795

May 2015 / Kiss / Pro / $5995
May 2015 / Kiss / Premium / $7595
May 2015 / Kiss / LE / $8795

March / 2015 / Whoa Nellie / Boutique / $6499

January / 2015 / WWE / Pro / $5495
January / 2015 / WWE / LE / $8595

December / 2014 / The Walking Dead / Premium / $7595
September / 2014 / The Walking Dead / Pro / $5995
September / 2014 / The Walking Dead / LE / $8595

August / 2014 / Metallica / Pro LED / $5595

June / 2014 / Iron Man VE / Pro / $5495

March / 2014 / Mustang / Pro / $5395
March / 2014 / Mustang / Premium / $7495
March / 2014 / Mustang / LE / $8495

December / 2013 / AC/DC Luci Premium / $7495

September / 2013 / Star Trek / Pro / $5395
September / 2013 / Star Trek / Premium / $7495
September / 2013 / Star Trek / LE / $8795

April / 2013 / Metallica / Pro / $4995
April / 2013 / Metallica / Premium / $6995 (Monsters & Road Case)
April / 2013 / Metallica / LE / $7595

November / 2012 / Avengers / Pro / $5699
November / 2012 / Avengers / LE (2 models) / $8099

October / 2012 / Transformers "The Pin" / $4000

June / 2012 / X-Men / Pro / $5699
June / 2012 / X-Men / LE (2 models) / $7999

March / 2012 / AC/DC / Pro / $5699
March / 2012 / AC/DC / Premium / $7699
March / 2012 / AC/DC / LE (2 models) / $8499

September / 2011 / Transformer / Pro / $4795
September / 2011 / Transformer / LE (3 models ?) / $6999

May / 2011 / Tron / Pro / $4799
May / 2011 / Tron / LE / $5999

January / 2011 / Rolling Stones / Pro / $4799
January / 2011 / Rolling Stones / LE / $5999

August / 2011 / Avatar / Pro / $4799
August / 2011 / Avatar / LE / $5999

LE's did not really exist before Avatar

April / 2010 / IronMan / Pro / $4799
April / 2010 / IronMan / Classic (Home) / $3799

#1829 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think it would be awesome if Gary Stern showed up at the lucky collector's house in a Stern "Prize Patrol" van. Instead of presenting the winner with a giant check, he could present them with some balloons, flowers, and a giant invoice for $15K

JPop and Ben could pop out of the van to assemble the machine on-site.

#1830 7 years ago

I may have to go back to Fabergé Egg collecting if Stern keeps raising their prices.

#1831 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why is it so hard to understand that if Stern has zero trouble selling 30 $15,000 games and 250 $10,000 games, and a shitload of $8,500 games, they aren't gonna see any need to roll back their prices, and in fact, it would be silly to do so?

Yeah but this is a big deal in terms of theme for a lot of people (not me), guys who grew up with the show, more modern geeks and so on, I doubt Aerosmith SLE/LE/Pre would sell out at these prices. but this could be the new norm, Stern hasn't specified that, I do know that those prices are closer to what we have pay up here and it has affected sales, unless Stern keeps pumping out themes that will cause people to suck it up I just don't see it lasting.

#1832 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

wow those prices and if "The Pin" spiderman has a colour lcd for under $4k then why the price gauge on these games.

It says LED display in the specs.

#1833 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I was in before for an LE and remain in now. Hell, I paid $9,995 for JPoP's RAZA imaginary game, and now in this case I actually get a game for my cool $10K. What's not to like? $10K by September!!

And that.....is why everyone will be paying more for their next pin. Not calling you out specifically, because there are many more behind you. (And even I purchased a GBLE) I'm just saying the market is bearing the weight right now, so it will continue. Kind of like gas prices.....they raise them a dollar a gallon and everyone squeals. then they lower it 75 cents and everyone breathes a sigh of relief and says thank god. They never stop to think they just got took for a quarter............works every time.

#1834 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but this is a big deal in terms of theme for a lot of people (not me), guys who grew up with the show, more modern geeks and so on, I doubt Aerosmith SLE/LE/Pre would sell out at these prices. but this could be the new norm, Stern hasn't specified that, I do know that those prices are closer to what we have pay up here and it has affected sales, unless Stern keeps pumping out themes that will cause people to suck it up I just don't see it lasting.

Stern has never - in history - raised prices, only to lower them with a subsequent release. They didn't do it for previous shitty themes (CSI, WWE) so I don't see why we should expect that for an Aerosmith game (I still can't believe that one is actually going to happen).

The only real mystery is the new price of a pro - I expect it will be $6000-6500.

#1835 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

The Limited Edition model will be offered in two series of 120 games each. Each game in the first series will be named for one of the 120 episodes of the television show. Each game in the second series will be named for one of the iconic “bat gadgets” used in the series. In total, only 240 Limited Edition machines will be produced.

And remember that the titles of the TV shows were in rhyme like Episode 5: The Joker is Wild and Episode 6:Batman Is Riled. Getting episode 5 would be cool, but 6, not so much...

#1836 7 years ago

Can't keep up with demand raise your prices! Demand will match production soon enough

#1837 7 years ago

So it looks lime the SLE will have a topper, unique art, multiple translites, and upgraded speaker package.

What are the guesses for differences between a LE and premium, besides a numbered bat gadget or episode number plaque?

Althought the mrsp difference between LE and premium is 1400, I think the actual street price difference will be even more. I imagine there will probably be more wiggle room on premium price than LE price. Maybe no wiggle on LE price if distributors have people on a wait list for an LE like spooky does with RZSSI.

If premium and LE have same game play features what would stern need to add to make you want to spend more for an LE?

#1838 7 years ago

nana-batman (resized).jpgnana-batman (resized).jpg

#1839 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

and that is why the market is going to shit.

#1840 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Prices will go back down. Nobody is buying Areosmith at these prices......

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1841 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I think we live in a great age for pinball, many machines to choose from. All kind of versions. It is the same with cars, not all of us can buy a ferrrari and only few of us can buy a custom ferrari. That does not mean it is a bad thing. If Stern is up to boutique style pinballs together with Ka-pow, that is great news. Small runs of great theme's, get us Predator, Jaws, Bond, Bourne, Godfather, Apocalypse now, and all kind of great themes. Stern has the knowledge to do the Pin, the money is there in the community. You just have to settle with the idea that you can not buy all machines, all new themes, wait for one that is really interested and then you go.
Love the smaller runs, makes pinball special again, I would love to have a special machine and my friend have another great theme. I would like that more than the pro/premium/le model. Where every machine is essential the same with some upgrades.

Expensive Sterns aren't like a low-run Pininfarina special edition of a Ferrari. The prices may be comparable, but their current machines are like clapped out 30 year old Chrysler New Yorkers with a door hanging off or missing, rusted through, but with a new coat of paint and some rims .... a bit like Ricky's car in Trailer Park Boys.

#1842 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So it looks lime the SLE will have a topper, unique art, multiple translites, and upgraded speaker package.
What are the guesses for differences between a LE and premium, besides a numbered bat gadget or episode number plaque?
Althought the mrsp difference between LE and premium is 1400, I think the actual street price difference will be even more. I imagine there will probably be more wiggle room on premium price than LE price. Maybe no wiggle on LE price if distributors have people on a wait list for an LE like spooky does with RZSSI.
If premium and LE have same game play features what would stern need to add to make you want to spend more for an LE?

I stand by my guess that they're looking to sell the company in part or whole, and soon. They're demonstrating their ability to make in excess of $10k gross profit on a pinball machine.

#1843 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and that is why the market is going to shit.

Depends on what side of the fence you are on. If you are Stern, you are smiling like a Cheshire cat. If you are the consumer....well you know the answer to that.

The price itself is not what will kill the market, but rather the high prices and horrible quality that has been coming out the door of late.

The Cheshire Cat (/ˈtʃɛʃər/ or /ˈtʃɛʃɪər/) is a fictional cat popularised by Lewis Carroll in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and known for its distinctive mischievous grin.

#1844 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

The Cheshire Cat (/ˈtʃɛʃər/ or /ˈtʃɛʃɪər/) is a fictional cat popularised by Lewis Carroll in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and known for its distinctive mischievous grin.

WTF

#1845 7 years ago

HaHa...just a definition of terms........

#1846 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Depends on what side of the fence you are on. If you are Stern, you are smiling like a Cheshire cat. If you are the consumer....well you know the answer to that.
The price itself is not what will kill the market, but rather the high prices and horrible quality that has been coming out the door of late.

yes, I agree. for the manufacturers, it's awesome. For us, it sucks balls. I should have specified who the market sucks for.

#1847 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Of course!
Seems a good time to remind everyone that Stern's Chief Revenue Officer formerly was a VP at Topps, where he made a living selling cardboard.
Topps used to sell plain ol' cards. Then they moved on to numbered cards, and one-of-a-kind cards with pieces of game-used items embedded in them.

Yep. And where's the trading card business these days?

#1848 7 years ago

I think your're missing a couple of nanas.

#1849 7 years ago

Hmmm? Wonder if they are going to release the Super LE for GB as well.....you get extra Ghosts on the play field.

#1850 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern has never - in history - raised prices, only to lower them with a subsequent release

We suspected they would be raising prices when they added an LCD to their games. Perhaps this special edition is the game that serves to get some idea of what the market will bear and to get us used to the post LCD pricing.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/37?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.