PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 142.
#1751 7 years ago

That's one way to get consumer confidence back after the ghosted playfield debacle: raise prices across the board!!!

Maybe Samsung should take a page out of Stern's marketing department. After the Note 7 battery fire issue, simply raise prices on the Note 8 next year. That should do it.

#1753 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

But for sure this will be my last nib purchase from Stern.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that I could buy a super LE

#1754 7 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Stern just commented on their FB post that we won't see the game until October 14th. Looks like it's going to be a long month until then...

I am thinking 66 should not be a problem, already past the halfway mark...

Brad

past_halfway.pngpast_halfway.png

#1755 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that I could buy a super LE

So true. I'd love to know the actual markup on these things. Does it really cost almost $10k to make one of these?

#1756 7 years ago

Wow prices getting through the roof while my GBLE playfield slowly falls apart.

#1757 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's kind of awesome.
I Am genuinely curious to see if they can move these games at these prices.

They will. Doesn't matter how much bitching goes on about prices, QC, etc. Stern only goes by sales numbers. And people are still buying out games before even seeing them. Stern wins again. They will only listen if people stop buying, but when they sell out before showing anything, well....

#1758 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

They will. Doesn't matter how much bitching goes on about prices, QC, etc. Stern only goes by sales numbers. And people are still buying out games before even seeing them. Stern wins again. They will only listen if people stop buying, but when they sell out before showing anything, well....

Indeed

#1759 7 years ago

Everyone needs to relax and this pricing is just a one time thing due to the 30th anniversary. I'm sure it will be back to normal on the next title.

#1760 7 years ago

An application form to purchase a $15k pinball machine...

SBJ.gifSBJ.gif

#1761 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

They saw what was happening to the GBLE's and what folks were getting for them.

The thing they fail to realize is that was one LE being flipped out of the past four. You can still buy a GOT LE, Kiss LE, and WWE LE for a normal price and most distributors still have them in stock. At the prices they are asking, they are going to have to hit every one of the next few games. I don't know if that's possible.

What's going to happen when these games start gathering dust at the distributor?

#1762 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Everyone needs to relax and this pricing is just a one time thing due to the 30th anniversary. I'm sure it will be back to normal on the next title.

That's the problem. Stern can now set whatever they want for the "new normal pricing".

#1763 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The thing they fail to realize is that was one LE being flipped out of the past four. You can still buy a GOT LE, Kiss LE, and WWE LE for a normal price and most distributors still have them in stock. At the prices they are asking, they are going to have to hit every one of the next few games. I don't know if that's possible.
What's going to happen when these games start gathering dust at the distributor?

will go like Williams did with everyone holding off to buy until the big discounted fire sales

#1764 7 years ago

Really think about this.....a $10,000 (MSRP) game sold out at 240 units sight-unseen. They are going to sell an additional 30 with a bunch of extra goodies and better sound at $15K sight-unseen. Why would Stern NOT charge these prices if they can get people to pay it? I know, there are some that will back out of the deal when reality hits, but all in all, most folks knew or at least feared this was going to be the price range when they ordered. Gotta give Stern credit for generating some good short-term cash. Time will tell if the customer will sustain this business model, but so far, the need to feel better than the other guys in your league, is bringing a lot of seemingly unlimited cash to the surface. Maybe pinball has really come back that strong? Maybe not.......but the one thing I do know is that quality will need to get much better fast, or all of this will come crashing down. With inflated costs, come inflated expectations. I sincerely hope this new pin is something special........

#1765 7 years ago

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price:

Premium Model:

$US 8,599

Limited Edition Model:

$US 9,999

Super Limited Edition Model:

$US 14,999

#1766 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I'm sure it will be back to normal on the next title

star wars obi.gifstar wars obi.gif

#1767 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Really think about this.....a $10,000 (MSRP) game sold out at 240 units sight-unseen. They are going to sell an additional 30 with a bunch of extra goodies and better sound at $15K sight-unseen. Why would Stern NOT charge these prices if they can get people to pay it? I know, there are some that will back out of the deal when reality hits, but all in all, most folks knew or at least feared this was going to be the price range when they ordered. Gotta give Stern credit for generating some good short-term cash. Time will tell if the customer will sustain this business model, but so far, the need to feel better than the other guys in your league, is bringing a lot of seemingly unlimited cash to the surface. Maybe pinball has really come back that strong? Maybe not.......but the one thing I do know is that quality will need to get much better fast, or all of this will come crashing down. With inflated costs, come inflated expectations. I sincerely hope this new pin is something special........

You're saying "sold out" but people just put down a deposit to hold a spot. Most distributors allow people to move that deposit to another game if they want.

Also some of the sales are to distributors. Is it really "sold out" if it just sits in a distributors warehouse? I guess GOT, Kiss, and WWE sold out too then.

#1768 7 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1769 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Really think about this.....a $10,000 (MSRP) game sold out at 240 units sight-unseen.

There were deposits put down. However without pricing, they were really not sold. Now that we know pricing... well that makes it more real.

So now we know the price. However we don't get to see the playfield until EXPO, on basically the same day as the meet and greet that is included in the pricing. I would expect this to go bad. No matter what they show, some people in line won't like it. They won't be able to cancel because of the meet.... OMG Stern is being fucking stoopid. I am just baffled by how they thing this is going to go smoothly. You can't get 10 pinheads in a room to agree on something, and now they will be 10 pinheads spending 10 grand to be there? Expo is going to be a shit show with this one (just my opinion).

#1770 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

JPop did it and he didn't even have to build any games.

#1771 7 years ago

I think it's time for a new tshirt design KPG or whoever it was made the fix my playfield shirt.

#1772 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think they will, need to see the game in action, maybe prices are going up for a good reason finally.

#1773 7 years ago

Blue horseshoe loves BM66

16aec1 (resized).jpg16aec1 (resized).jpg

#1774 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

maybe prices are going up for a good reason finally

#1775 7 years ago

Is Stern trying to leapfrog JJP as being the most expensive pin ?
Maybe that's their new motto. "The worlds most expensive pin"
It looks like they are learning fron John papaduik as well. Didn't he have a handful of pins at $14 k?
Wowzers!
And to coin a well used phrase "and for that reason I'm out"

#1777 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Blue horseshoe loves BM66

... just dumped my Anacott Steel and loaded up on bm66sle's, thanks.

#1778 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There were deposits put down. However without pricing, they were really not sold. Now that we know pricing... well that makes it more real.
So now we know the price. However we don't get to see the playfield until EXPO, on basically the same day as the meet and greet that is included in the pricing. I would expect this to go bad. No matter what they show, some people in line won't like it. They won't be able to cancel because of the meet.... OMG Stern is being fucking stoopid. I am just baffled by how they thing this is going to go smoothly. You can't get 10 pinheads in a room to agree on something, and now they will be 10 pinheads spending 10 grand to be there? Expo is going to be a shit show with this one (just my opinion).

And to put a very fine point for everyone that still says it was JJP that made the prices go crazy:

https://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=60

That is a Hobbit LE at 8500 while the B66 Stern is 10k. So $1500 higher now. Same number of LCD screens. It's bonkers.

#1779 7 years ago

Any word on street pricing yet?

#1780 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Maybe Samsung should take a page out of Stern's marketing department. After the Note 7 battery fire issue, simply raise prices on the Note 8 next year. That should do it.

This time with MORE explosive power!

#1781 7 years ago

Prices will go back down. Nobody is buying Areosmith at these prices......

#1782 7 years ago

So lets have fun with this BOM - three trainslights - one topper - custom purchased toys from Amazon - 6k got it sign me up

#1783 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Problem I see with announced pricing is the SLEs must be purchased directly from Stern, so slim chance for a price break on $15k. Premiums should be marked down to street numbers and I expect that much. LEs are still up for grabs as to what price will be offered. Fingers crossed LE buyers see a reasonable offer price.

#1784 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I was just referring to the fact Stern has commitments for all of them when I say sold out. And yes, I do know some will back out, and many sales were distributors, but all they had to do was say the magic word "limited" and there will be plenty of folks ready to buy. Now what happens after that, is still yet to be seen.

#1785 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I don't believe that... I think they're just upset they can't flip the SLE.

Yeah 10-12k for a GBLE.

#1786 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Stay tuned....

wall-st-money-daily-news1 (resized).jpgwall-st-money-daily-news1 (resized).jpg

#1787 7 years ago

Now the question can be asked, what will happen first - an image of the BM66 playfield will be leaked or JonBenet's case will be solved?

Brad

waiting.pngwaiting.png

#1788 7 years ago

15k - break out the Bat-Lube!

#1789 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Is Stern trying to find the limits of this market?

Could be but Stern also knows that a few collectors out there have BOAT LOADS of money that wouldn't blink at paying 15k for a game. If I won the BIG ONE and had 200 million to play with I know 15k for a toy wouldn't bother me at all.

#1790 7 years ago

Super LE + LE = almost 3 million for Stern for 270 pinballs

#1791 7 years ago

is stern already preparing us for Star Wars pin?

They are certainly preparing us for something.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#1792 7 years ago

323653 (resized).jpg323653 (resized).jpg

7501e903388ddbb06ec44cd06f8bdd539944f88d (resized).jpg7501e903388ddbb06ec44cd06f8bdd539944f88d (resized).jpg

#1793 7 years ago

Obviouly this is the 30th anniversary. I can't imagine the price of the 10 SLE for a 10th anniversary!

#1794 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Prices will go back down. Nobody is buying Areosmith at these prices......

And your data for Stern prices going down is???

From what I notice their gains and drops in MSRP didn't effect street price. The street prices just continued to increase. They are not going to give up those gains with newer pins. And I wouldn't be surprised if the SLE and LE street price was exactly what they listed.

#1795 7 years ago

Obviouly this is the 30th anniversary

Any estimates what the 40th anniversary will bring? Or will there even be one....

#1796 7 years ago

I can see the halls of the Westin now.....

images-9 (resized).jpegimages-9 (resized).jpeg

JycW5 (resized).jpgJycW5 (resized).jpg

#1797 7 years ago

Soon the "10K by Christmas" joke will be inverted.

#1798 7 years ago

Gut feeling...Prices will have to come down...people are going to stop spending this much for games...getting saturated IMO.

#1799 7 years ago

At 3:00am in Westin hallway.....

images-10 (resized).jpegimages-10 (resized).jpeg

images-9 (resized).jpegimages-9 (resized).jpeg

#1800 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The Limited Edition model will be offered in two series of 120 games each. Each game in the first series will be named for one of the 120 episodes of the television show. Each game in the second series will be named for one of the iconic “bat gadgets” used in the series. In total, only 240 Limited Edition machines will be produced.

So how will these be distributed? What if two people want the same episode or gadget. Will it then become a bidding war? Wouldn't be surprised if you can pay extra to reserve the one you want since it's just more money in Gary's wallet.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/36?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.