PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 142.
#1651 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

With only 30 machines maybe Adam West is going to do a special voice entry for each machine.
There will be something that will turn 30 machines into trophies. And each one will have its own difference. People will pay.

There's your uber LE edition sound upgrade, one line...

http://adamwii.ytmnd.com/

#1652 7 years ago

Stern pricing destroying wallets everywhere.

http://i.imgur.com/qspZX.gif

#1653 7 years ago

This isn't about some sle contest for a handful of games with different stickers and an extra toy.

It's about keeping the name Stern in our mouths at about a 50 ratio vs. JJP, Heighway & Spooky combined!

And it's working!

#1654 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Interesting time at Stern right now.
*Orders of GB LE's and Premiums are still not filled
*Pabst Can Crusher pin announced, none built/shipped/or delivered
*Batman66 Pin flyer shown, no playfield or game pictures- sold out any way. Application for right to buy Super LE, no pics shown.
*Spiderman Consumer/Home version announced, no ETA on actual build/delivery date
*Huge backlog of games ordered Feb/March of this year and still not built
Anyone else think Stern is biting off more then they can chew? Perhaps their design and marketing department is running full speed, and the manufacturing process is running at a slower speed and being pushed beyond their capabilities?
There's definitely a ramp up happening, but it just doesn't seem like all the moving parts are in sync here.

who cares?! I AM IN ! Woohooooo

#1655 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If Stern really wanted to combat flippers a more effective way to do so would be

I've had guys flip games for profit after I sold them and it never bothered me once. I got my price, what the hell do I care.

Its hard for me to imagine that Stern views game flippers as a threat. Quite the opposite I think.

#1656 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I've had guys flip games for profit after I sold them and it never bothered me once. I got my price, what the hell do I care.
Its hard for me to imagine that Stern views game flippers as a threat. Quite the opposite I think.

Actually, that was exactly what was mentioned in the podcast. I can't remember who made the comment, but it was something along the lines of "we didn't want these machines to be flipped", when responding to the question of a non-refundable deposit.

#1657 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Who is being jerked on a string? The dozen people here posting that aren't even the audience for the game edition? Don't you get it? Internet rage over shit that doesn't even apply to you. That's what makes people look like brats.

Oh I see....so having a different opinion than you and expressing it on the forum make someone a brat? No one is threatening your piece of the universe....you are entitled to your opinion, and everyone else is entitled to theirs, you need learn to respect that and calm down a bit. This is just pinball, and Gary is not a god, nor is he the devil. When you run a company and market to an audience, there is bound to be those that disagree with your methods. Time will tell who is correct and who is not.....not the end of the world either way.

#1659 7 years ago

Why do I have to submit an application to buy a super expensive super limited edition pinball machine that hasn't even been seen yet?

-removed-

#1660 7 years ago

EPIC! "All you with ghosted playfields, leave the room" lol ........ "ate paint chips as a child"........lol

#1661 7 years ago

I kinda want a big Lebowski

#1662 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Because that's Stern piece of pie, not collectors. guarantee there's no other reason. it's the same way concert venues try to deal with scalpers that make profit on top of ticket sales.

#1663 7 years ago

Be sure to include that with your application.

#1664 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Am I the only one here who doesn't think people are going to spend 15-20k on a pinball machine that's slightly different than a 7-8k machine?

You people are drinking the kool-aid. Double the price just because it's limited? ffs

#1665 7 years ago

Definitely think Stern is biting off way more than they can chew. Hence the "screw it it's good enough attitude."

#1666 7 years ago

At Stern reading this thread.....

laff 2 (resized).jpglaff 2 (resized).jpg

#1667 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Now that would have been way cool!

But would never have worked. Distributors would have been cracking boxes open to double or triple profits.

#1668 7 years ago

I think that's a really cool idea...

Quoted from MikeS:

If Stern really wanted to combat flippers a more effective way to do so would be to personalize each game to incorporate the 30 individual owner's. Instead of a tiny LE plaque with just a number on it you could have a personalized apron (something similar to the WOZLE wood apron) which incorporates the owner's name (or family) along with a personalized message from Adam West and Gary Stern. You could also custom program stuff into the software that identifies the owner like custom callouts or custom video message from Adam West identifying the buyer by name. Maybe even incorporate the buyer's name or likeness into the art package somewhere. If the rumored prices are true, I'd expect something way more special than just a different art package and trim. Make each game truly unique and personalized which would give the game more special meaning to the owner.

#1669 7 years ago
Quoted from drjbeyer:

I think that's a really cool idea...

I do too, and it is a good topic worth discussing So on the flip side of this, (pun intended), would you be killing the resale value years down the line? I don't know....doesn't seem to affect autographed pics and such? Thoughts?

#1670 7 years ago

Maybe there should be a setting that will roll the special AW hand award back to just high scores or free games. An award every jackpot would surely end up killing the owner or at least destroy their eyesight.

#1671 7 years ago

I dont understand why so many people are acting insulted, or offended at Stern's SLE model.
It's not for me, cause it's just too much money. That doesn't bother me though. Nor do I mind if someone else with more disposable income wants one.
What I care about is the following:
1) Quality product that's backed by the company. Stern has a program to replace the play fields that went out that are defective.
2) The Premium version has all the play features that the LE and SLE versions do. -the moment I see that an LE version has an extra playable feature on the play field, or better code, I'm out for the Premium model.

We already have some people with well over $100,000 worth of pins in their collection. Hell, we have some people who spend the same amount of money as the Batman SLE on a restored pin by HEP (don't quote me on the price, just saying it's not cheap from start to finish).
Neither one of those things irks me.
So why would it bother me that there's a Batman SLE announced? Hell, if it was a dream theme for me, I might just find a way to get one.
Doubtful though. I expect to stick to the Premium versions. At least for the time being.

For the record, I'll bet the game is going to be very cool.

#1672 7 years ago

30 year anniversary, why isn't Stern charging $30,000 for the rethemed Dark Knight Super Duper LE pin?

"They're leaving $15K on the table..."

#1673 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

30 year anniversary, why isn't Stern charging $30,000 for the rethemed Dark Knight Super Duper LE pin?
"They're leaving $15K on the table..."

They are 30K, just BOGO.

#1674 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I dont understand why so many people are acting insulted, or offended at Stern's SLE model.
It's not for me, cause it's just too much money. That doesn't bother me though. Nor do I mind if someone else with more disposable income wants one.
What I care about is the following:
1) Quality product that's backed by the company. Stern has a program to replace the play fields that went out that are defective.
2) The Premium version has all the play features that the LE and SLE versions do. -the moment I see that an LE version has an extra playable feature on the play field, or better code, I'm out for the Premium model.

Bin....f ing.....go....

It's ok to bitch and whine, that's what we do on here. There would be no Pinside without it!

Some of it is funny as shit (Kpg).

Some people though just have a big ole boner of hate going on. Just can't get over the fact that they can't have it.

#1675 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's ok to bitch and whine, that's what we do on here. There would be no Pinside without it!

Celebrating deployable behavior as entertainment leads to this...
booboo (resized).jpgbooboo (resized).jpg

#1676 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Hehe, i'm a big proponent of "deplorable" behavior, whatever that means.

#1677 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

They are 30K, just BOGO.

Do I fill out one application or two?

#1678 7 years ago

I wonder if the application process for getting a job at Stern is quite as rigorous.

#1679 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Deployable behavior? Oh yeah, that's capguntrooper!

#1680 7 years ago

I am REALLY enjoying my Hobbit

#1681 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wonder if the application process for getting a job at Stern is quite as rigorous.

It surely isn't for their quality assurance positions

#1682 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

It surely isn't for their quality assurance positions

Hey O! I'd love to be a fly on the wall for the Stern tour this year...

#1683 7 years ago
#1684 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

But would never have worked. Distributors would have been cracking boxes open to double or triple profits.

They could have only sent them to the drop shipped games direct from Stern...Not all of them go to distros first, but it is a mute point.

#1685 7 years ago

I've learned to enter the thread, look for pictures of the game, then exit. Because everything else is extremely idiotic. Reminds me of Romper Room.

#1686 7 years ago

Stern take my money!

Oh wait, now I have to beg for one now too?? The pinball business must be doing extremely well now.

Hope those super LEs are as special as the price and hassle it is to get one.

#1687 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I've learned to enter the thread, look for pictures of the game, then exit. Because everything else is extremely idiotic. Reminds me of Romper Room.

You must be a slow learner considering that was your 10th post in this thread

#1688 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

You must be a slow learner considering that was your 10th post

Yes, because I'm one of the kids in Romper Room. The rest of you should act like adults.

#1689 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I am REALLY enjoying my Hobbit

There's a sucker born everyday

#1690 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

but it is a mute point

Mute point?

#1691 7 years ago

you think you have to jump through hoops on this kapow title, wait till you see the application for the next one:

#1692 7 years ago

Anyone else see the irony in Sterns new position?

According to Gomez and Stern, pinball is grass roots. It's all about the game. No bullsh*t "gimmicks" like colour displays. "The game is on the playfield, the game is under glass". It's all about the player.

Must have now changed to "F*ck, why do we bother even showing a playfield? The game is now in the hype."

#1693 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Reminds me of Romper Room.

Sign me up for the Miss Mary Anne Super LE! Oh yeah, I'll need to fill out an application first.

il_570xN.204402901 (resized).jpgil_570xN.204402901 (resized).jpg

#1694 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Interesting time at Stern right now.
*Orders of GB LE's and Premiums are still not filled
*Pabst Can Crusher pin announced, none built/shipped/or delivered
*Batman66 Pin flyer shown, no playfield or game pictures- sold out any way. Application for right to buy Super LE, no pics shown.
*Spiderman Consumer/Home version announced, no ETA on actual build/delivery date
*Huge backlog of games ordered Feb/March of this year and still not built

I don't think they have even delivered GB premiums statewide yet and that game was announced 6 months ago. I guess you could say Pabst and Spiderman will be a small production. Seems like Batman will be limited as well being no pros. Will be interesting to see if there are any issues with the new color displays.

#1695 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

There's a sucker born everyday

Coming from the guy who owns "Dr. Who."

#1696 7 years ago

woke up

headache hitting the wall

#1697 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

According to Gomez and Stern, pinball is grass roots. It's all about the game. No bullsh*t "gimmicks" like colour displays. "The game is on the playfield, the game is under glass". It's all about the player.
Must have now changed to "F*ck, why do we bother even showing a playfield? The game is now in the hype."

Yeah, it's annoying. I don't care if people want their LEs and Super LEs, but at least show a rendered photo of the cabinet and playfield before asking for deposits.

Will wait for photos before i get excited. You mentioned importing Lebowskis into Australia? Lol

#1698 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

You mentioned importing Lebowskis into Australia?

But you have to send me a You Tube application and cheque for $15k before I will even consider letting you maybe have a chance of buying one.

#1699 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Totally Agree. Lately Stern = Pinballers with the level of BS and "hype"

#1700 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But you have to send me a You Tube application and cheque for $15k before I will even consider letting you maybe have a chance of buying one.

Stern will also be offering extra chances to get a SLE in the form of raffle tickets. You can buy them for $300 each (30 years x 10), limited to 30 (30 years), available to the top 30 people (30 years) they select who come to the Expo party dressed as their favorite Batman 66 character. You will still have to pay for your SLE if selected.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/34?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.