By GAP

1 year ago

Stats

• 7,058 posts
  • 604 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Bamatami
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7058 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 142.
#101 1 year ago

Super LE, LE, Premium... What?

I love the theme but come on guys. That said, I'm sure that they will snag plenty that just "have to have it".

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Nope still confused. Was there a pic of Christopher Nolan on the flyer?

I have no idea what you are talking about.. I was responding to a post.

#103 1 year ago

I swear someone made this flyer by taking notes in a meeting... who proofs this stuff??

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

The color lcd was never going to be part of a ~$5k game. That is why no competitors can produce games at that price either.

I kinda doubt anyone really wants to try and compete for the Stern Pro dollars, the money is obviously in the higher priced games and collectors, especially at the lower volumes competitors are moving. But just to be clear, color LCD isn't some crazy expense. Screens are cheaper than LED dot matrix displays even.

Sure, producing content for them CAN be more expensive, but it doesn't have to be. My guess is this is just like Spider-Man VE, no Pro, and they're dressing it up past that to cash in. Hey, if you can pull it off great, no criticism of Stern. If I made my own game I'd be down for making 30 $uper Premium LE games for collectors too, why not?

#105 1 year ago

No love for Carmine Infantino out there?

#106 1 year ago

gonna take my 10 k elswhere. a big FU stern!! after kiss and gb lemon edition shame on me shame shame shame you aint gonna get a single cent more.
a special le??? wow. what makes it special? you gonna play test it for an hr and add a couple 15.00 toys??
fix your gb problems and get some new code out for the suckers please.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I have no idea what you are talking about.. I was responding to a post.

Ah I see. Law was joking because you didn't like the figures on the poster but they accurately represent the characters from the show.

Ross would be too expensive no doubt and he would take too long. I also don't want to see repurposed art even if it's Infantino or Ross. The flyer art looks good. It's clean and simple. It may be repurposed as well but it's cool and looks like the show.

We can nitpick over who our dream team is to do art on pins but I'm just happy it's hand drawn rather than just fuzzy screen shots of the show on the playfield.

#108 1 year ago

No news on what the secret program is. They want deposits now. People are still buying. Wow.

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I swear someone made this flyer by taking notes in a meeting... who proofs this stuff??

Like the 30th anniversary of Stern Pinball Inc? 1999-2016....

#110 1 year ago

Some of you guys are acting like little kids. You don't need to tell people what to do with their money. That shit needs to stop.

Think about what your non pinball friends say when you tell them you spent thousands on a thirty year old pinball machine.
When I try to explain and say "but it's now gone up in value", they look at me like, sure buddy.

#111 1 year ago

What I mean take some Carmine Infantino artwork, Alex Ross (see his Batman '66 covers) or even photoshopped from Batman '66 movie. Why would they use images of Nolan on the artwork of Batman '66? Silly!

Alex Ross is total wrong era, makes less sense than Nolan.
Infantino looks decent, just sort of comic book era stuff doesn;t blow me away.
WE've come along way with Stern...no f*&(ing way we're going back to photoshop stills from movies good lord.

#112 1 year ago

No love for Carmine Infantino out there?

Infantino didn't even draw Batgirl and Catwoman like their counterparts from the show. Batgirl is in black and Catwoman is dressed in green by Infantino. It sounds like you wanted a 60s comic Batman pin, not a Batman '66 TV show pin.

#113 1 year ago

This is Infantino's Catwoman. His Batgirl is the more classic design but doesn't match with the show's Batgirl.

pasted_image (resized).png

#114 1 year ago

I wonder who gets access to the SUPER Le's.

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Infantino didn't even draw Batgirl and Catwoman like their counterparts from the show. Batgirl is in black and Catwoman is dressed in green by Infantino. It sounds like you wanted a 60s comic Batman pin, not a Batman '66 TV show pin.

Well, it is comic related. Show and pin. <Sigh>... this is exhausting.

I'm just glad its getting made. I guess everyone has their own art opinion.

#116 1 year ago

Why be mad at Stern for saying this is the next game? They assigned the team to produce this way before the play field issues started arising. We know they like to put out a few titles a year so this is no surprise they kept to their business model. In fact, they need to keep rolling out games to keep making money or they wont be able to afford to fix the current issues as we all know it will cost them a lot.

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I wonder who gets access to the SUPER Le's.

I'm guessing those that bought Ghostbusters that haven't complained yet.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

This is Infantino's Catwoman. His Batgirl is the more classic design but doesn't match with the show's Batgirl.

Classic cover

Carmine Infantino was responsible for the "new look" Batman. That means the Batman costume on the cover was his idea, and it translated onto the show.

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from KingNine:

In fact, they need to keep rolling out games to keep making money or they wont be able to afford to fix the current issues as we all know it will cost them a lot.

Man you're totally right...they deserve a corporate bailout now that I think of it. Thank you Jesu...I mean Gary!

#120 1 year ago

"Stern would like to announce a new Super Limited Edition model, and we'd also like to introduce our new Director of Market Strategy, John Popadiuk. Send in your pre-order money now, we'll make them real soon!"

#121 1 year ago

I guess everyone has their own art opinion.

Which is why it's impossible to please everyone, there's no point in even trying. I promise you someone will complain bitterly about the art (it won't be me, honest) no matter how they do it.

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Where?

pinball buying land

#123 1 year ago

Anyone have any leaked photos ?

#124 1 year ago

Certainly some interesting info coming out. I think the development of this game is all over the place. If you look at the rumour mill a while back, there was a lot of talk about TDK being the next VE. This was before the Batman 66 license would of been up for grabs. Then all of a sudden STERN is doing a joint collaboration with Ka-pow pinball. Joe & Eugene from Ka-pow have a great history in game design across pinball and video games. They also have the funds to acquire a license such as Batman 66. It much more likely they approached STERN with the license and probably a game layout, and STERN then decided to kill two birds with one stone by switching the TDK VE to a whole new game. The fact they mention the Crane and New Interactive Toys, plus Gomez & Lyman means that the TDK bones are going to be in this game.

As far as pricing goes, Im not surprised, this is similar to Whizbang collaboration with STERN, it not a pure STERN designed and produced game, so the revenue pie has to sliced up even more. This does not spell the end of Pro models for STERN, you will see future games with Pro models at the MSRP $5495, however there might not be as heavy discounting from distributors as in the past, hence why STERN has been so strict on distributors not posting prices. With the prices of LCD's now days, I think the actual BOM for an LCD Stern would be the same or cheaper then a Dot-matrix display. There might be a little more programming costs but nothing over the top.

It would seem that Gary is finally letting go of his fixation with operators and starting to really focus on the home collector market. Batman 66 - Whoa Nellie - Spiderman Ve all seem squarely positioned towards the home collector rather then operators. Maybe the new norm for STERN will be releasing 2 core games a year plus 2-3 VE/Collaboration games. I also get the feeling that maybe with the new Spike & Spike 2 system, designing and manufacturing games is getting easier for STERN allowing for more boutique limited runs. This could be a great thing for the industry, as others have mentioned there are a lot of themes that might not have the appeal to sell thousands of units or attract operators, that would still sell 500+ tables to collectors at premium price points.

#125 1 year ago

I forgot to mention in my post that I love this theme! I'm on the very excited side of the fence.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

pinball buying land

Ha! Good one.

Hi Aurich. Caught ya peeking again.

#127 1 year ago

Super LE on this one as well as SW. Make it!

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from clg:

No news on what the secret program is. They want deposits now. People are still buying. Wow.

Haha spot on mate, maybe this is the program. Release a super duper LE edition raise the cost more and all is forgotton.

Onya Gary thanks very much.

#129 1 year ago

Anybody find out the price of a premium yet?

#130 1 year ago

Nope. Nope. And nope.

What an awesome theme. I used to love the Batman TV show. It's some campy fun. However, this just feels wrong. I never cared for the crane on TDK. It feels the same as Mick on a Stick to me. But it is the outright gouge of getting rid of the Pro version and replacing it with a Super LE. That just feels wrong to me.

And yes, I get it that Stern wants to cut down volume while increasing profit. And getting rid of the Pro versions is a great way to fix their supply issues. Increased profit per machine means the same money from less work. Good luck with that.

#131 1 year ago

A SMVE is $10,650 here - I'd imagine the LE of this would be pushing close to $15,000AUD. Stern pins just keep getting further out of reach for some of us...

#132 1 year ago

They're just warming you up for the Star Wars super LE...10K will far in the rearview mirror for that one

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I never cared for the crane on TDK. It feels the same as Mick on a Stick to me.

Mick is a moving standup target. Crane is a moving ball. They feel totally different. The crane is one of the most satisfying bash toys ever. It just feels awesome to hit metal on metal....and Lyman did all sorts of fun stuff with its movement that changed throughout the game. The crane toy with a better Batgame built around it could be a mega winner.

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Nope. Nope. And nope.
What an awesome theme. I used to love the Batman TV show. It's some campy fun. However, this just feels wrong. I never cared for the crane on TDK. It feels the same as Mick on a Stick to me. But it is the outright gouge of getting rid of the Pro version and replacing it with a Super LE. That just feels wrong to me.
And yes, I get it that Stern wants to cut down volume while increasing profit. And getting rid of the Pro versions is a great way to fix their supply issues. Increased profit per machine means the same money from less work. Good luck with that.

Pro versions eliminated from now on? Premiums are the new Pros, LE's are like a Hobbit LE, and Super LE is like a Hobbit Smaug LE.

So basically they are taking a page out of JJPs book then. Standard, LE, and special LE.

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And yes, I get it that Stern wants to cut down volume while increasing profit.

If that's the idea, then it's incredibly short-sighted. The best way to increase profits long-term is by having more games on location, resulting in more people playing and buying pinball machines.

#136 1 year ago

Maybe the Batman66 crane is a Joker bash toy that moves around the playfield like in BDK, a more dynamic way than Slimer in GB.

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mick is a moving standup target. Crane is a moving ball. They feel totally different. The crane is one of the most satisfying bash toys ever. It just feels awesome to hit metal on metal....and Lyman did all sorts of fun stuff with its movement that changed throughout the game. The crane toy with a better Batgame built around it could be a mega winner.

The crane toy is programmed so predictable. Now the buck in BBH is the best interactive moving target stern has done.

I hope Lyman re-codes the crane. I also hope he re-codes the skill shot so the game isn't so dependent on making one skill shot to blow up the scores.

And while I'm on a mini-rant, I hope to dear lord one of the new interactive toys replaces the god awful mini gadgets playfield.

Other than those 3 items, I'm looking forward to seeing this title. Really excited! ...oops just read the 'hey stern are you serious thread' again; back to reality, excitement destroyed

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Pro versions eliminated from now on

No one said that. This is one title. Remember, not every game follows the same pattern.

X-Men: LE & Pro, no Prem
Whoa Nellie: 1 totally different model
Spidey VE: Premium only, no LE or Pro

I'm sure there will be plenty of future Pros. One title without a Pro doesn't debt the operators at all - there are always like 10 Pros in production at any given time.

Operator: "Hey I need a lower cost gsme for location. No Batman? Whatever...give me a Ghostbusters, Walking Dead, and a Gsme of Thrones!"

#139 1 year ago

Comic style would have been a smarter move as it has more appeal. TDK layout sucks, except for the crane. I am out! Thanks again Stern for making this one easy for me! That's the second theme you should have easily sold to me, but you F'd them up.

#140 1 year ago

Bummed there's no Pro. I'm a Batman fiend! Couldn't agree more to never underestimate the power of the pinball/Batman crossover crowd.

Either way, there's not nearly enough Keaton on the flyer

image (resized).jpeg

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

TDK layout sucks, except for the crane. I am out! Thanks again Stern for making this one easy for me! That's the second theme you should have easily sold to me, but you F'd them up.

The flyer says new game layout. The crane, the thing you like, is what is staying.

It will be interesting to see if they use those crap plastic piece together ramps again.

#142 1 year ago

Only 120 LE in the USA/Canada other 120 over seas... 30 Gary stern special le

#143 1 year ago

Lyman will deliver Again !

H'es The SuperHero Of Pinball ,h'es the one that keeps me in Pinball,Stern would be nowhere close to where they are today without him.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Bummed there's no Pro. I'm a Batman fiend! Couldn't agree more to never underestimate the power of the pinball/Batman crossover crowd.
Either way, there's not nearly enough Keaton on the flyer

Amen, brother!

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, even with the crane coming over, this isn't a re-skin with a color LCD.

It's a new game with a color LCD.

Like I said, one or the other.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The flyer says new game layout. The crane, the thing you like, is what is staying.
It will be interesting to see if they use those crap plastic piece together ramps again.

like how nba was a new layout of space jam?

#147 1 year ago

Batcycle (resized).jpg

1900x900_batboat_53dad26949cbe7.44889923 (resized).jpg

images (resized).jpg

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Which is why it's impossible to please everyone, there's no point in even trying. I promise you someone will complain bitterly about the art (it won't be me, honest) no matter how they do it.

Agreed - its going to be cool no matter what

MOVIE 1 (resized).jpg

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

like how nba was a new layout of space jam?

I have no idea. I am just quoting Stern's flyer.

#150 1 year ago

Classic!

Batman66-Bomb (resized).jpg

204b3135bf57f9a2da8bbceb7aceaff2 (resized).jpg

There are 7058 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 142.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 270 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside