PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 142.
#1251 7 years ago

Batman doesn't use conventional guns.

#1252 7 years ago

... less than three months to pull this game together by November. It is going to need a full-court press coding effort to create something that feels complete. This one is also expected to look all wow and pizzazz design-wise too. Lyman is probably holed up somewhere with a small group of people in an peyote sweat lodge, hallucinating ideas for modes and code. Only way for him to get this across the goal line is to build a roadmap of where they are going, and to divide the work into pieces for additional coders to tackle. Fingers crossed he writes it down. Maybe he already has this figured out, but I get a vibe that while Stern has been working on the licensing requirements for awhile, that this project was just green lighted for design. Presumably not much time had been invested to date.

So the clock is ticking. Will Stern design and build a complete production ready Batman66 pin by Nov 30? Will BM66 turn out to be a real looker? Tune in tomorrow folks. Same Bat time. Same Bat channel.

#1253 7 years ago

Add Julie Newmar to the list......she's the hottest

#1254 7 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Add Julie Newmar to the list......she's the hottest

And then start the poll over. Just like in elections, some will cast a vote even if their choice isn't on the ballot.

#1255 7 years ago

Another vote for Julie Newmar!

#1256 7 years ago

Can we get less talking and more pics of girls from Batman?

#1257 7 years ago

Meow.

#1258 7 years ago

No poll needed, Julie N was the hottest Catwoman...period!

#1259 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

No poll needed, Julie N was the hottest Catwoman...period!

Some are doing their own pole.

#1260 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some are doing their own pole.

I see what you did there....

#1261 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Batman doesn't use conventional guns.

The one in BvS does...

#1262 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Can we get less talking and more pics of girls from Batman?

Always thought Linda Gaye Scott was hot!

moth (resized).jpgmoth (resized).jpg

#1263 7 years ago

It looks like there will be a batcopter toy. From Stern:

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1264 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

... less than three months to pull this game together by November. It is going to need a full-court press coding effort to create something that feels complete. This one is also expected to look all wow and pizzazz design-wise too. Lyman is probably holed up somewhere with a small group of people in an peyote sweat lodge, hallucinating ideas for modes and code. Only way for him to get this across the goal line is to build a roadmap of where they are going, and to divide the work into pieces for additional coders to tackle. Fingers crossed he writes it down. Maybe he already has this figured out, but I get a vibe that while Stern has been working on the licensing requirements for awhile, that this project was just green lighted for design. Presumably not much time had been invested to date.
So the clock is ticking. Will Stern design and build a complete production ready Batman66 pin by Nov 30? Will BM66 turn out to be a real looker? Tune in tomorrow folks. Same Bat time. Same Bat channel.

The way George was talking on Coast to Coast, I would say they have a working whitewood and the game is quite away along. He was discussing combo shots, and more importantly the way hits to the crane caused bounces into other shots. I don't think these sort of details could of come if they weren't playing a fully populated whitewood. For all Sterns issues, there is no doubt they are a very well oiled machine, when it comes to putting together a game. Mostly because they have such experienced a professional employees, with a real passion for what they do. George didn't try to hide away when Nate asked if there would be a flippable Batman at expo, rather he seemed really confident in his reply, only saying unless the game still needed polish. The code might be a little lacking, but there will be a game to play at expo is my bet. Stripped down code is not a major for expo, as most players are only going to get to spend 10 minutes or so with the game in total, as the line will be out the door. As long as the sound, animation, and art are fully realised, and a detailed ruleset described, I think most people will cut Stern a break if the actual implemented rules are not quite there for expo.

On a side note, in Australia we have Pinfest 24-25 September which is probably the biggest pinball comp/show in OZ. They announced about 6 weeks ago that there would be "big news from Stern" which no doubt will be some sort of reveal of Batman 66. Not saying there will be a machine at the show as this won't happen, but would not be surprised to see some sort of presentation with photos etc..

#1265 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Powdered habitrails in background?

#1266 7 years ago

-removed-

#1267 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

The gun hobby always has & always will trump pinball in terms of sustained value...Most guns in Ca. hold 90% or better resale and often double or triple quick (sometimes in months) due to our political bs roster system....Im about to spend B-title game money on a python that was about $250 when brand new

I agree my gun collection is worth much more than anything else ive collected and goes up alot every year especially my nib 1980s chicom aks.....

#1268 7 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

The way George was talking on Coast to Coast, I would say they have a working whitewood and the game is quite away along. He was discussing combo shots, and more importantly the way hits to the crane caused bounces into other shots. I don't think these sort of details could of come if they weren't playing a fully populated whitewood. For all Sterns issues, there is no doubt they are a very well oiled machine, when it comes to putting together a game. Mostly because they have such experienced a professional employees, with a real passion for what they do. George didn't try to hide away when Nate asked if there would be a flippable Batman at expo, rather he seemed really confident in his reply, only saying unless the game still needed polish. The code might be a little lacking, but there will be a game to play at expo is my bet. Stripped down code is not a major for expo, as most players are only going to get to spend 10 minutes or so with the game in total, as the line will be out the door. As long as the sound, animation, and art are fully realised, and a detailed ruleset described, I think most people will cut Stern a break if the actual implemented rules are not quite there for expo.
On a side note, in Australia we have Pinfest 24-25 September which is probably the biggest pinball comp/show in OZ. They announced about 6 weeks ago that there would be "big news from Stern" which no doubt will be some sort of reveal of Batman 66. Not saying there will be a machine at the show as this won't happen, but would not be surprised to see some sort of presentation with photos etc..

A hint of what's coming to Australia.. ..
a major sales pitch about BM66 and an
Adam West meet and greet. Deposits are paid up front and are non-refundable. For $500 you get a plate with fully loaded baked potato. For $2k for you get a china plate with fully loaded baked potato plus one large t-bone. It's coming, enjoy. I don't see how they'd have a real game by Expo.

#1269 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The one in BvS does...

He said Batman, not Benman.

#1270 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Looks like they're using the Hot Wheels batcopter. At the bottom of the page here:
http://www.rotaryaction.com/pages/batman1.html

And on Ebay:
ebay.com link: Hot Wheels Batman Batmobile Batcopter Penguins Duck Armoured toys 1 50 scale NEW

You probably could just pull out all the new hot wheels retro toys and get a good idea (batcopter, batmobile, batcycle, batboat, penguin's duck, etc) of a lot of what they'll use.

#1271 7 years ago

Wasn't the copter only in the movie?

#1272 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like they're using the Hot Wheels batcopter. At the bottom of the page here:
http://www.rotaryaction.com/pages/batman1.html
And on Ebay:
ebay.com link » Hot Wheels Batman Batmobile Batcopter Penguins Duck Armoured Toys 1 50 Scale New
You probably could just pull out all the new hot wheels retro toys and get a good idea (batcopter, batmobile, batcycle, batboat, penguin's duck, etc) of a lot of what they'll use.

Stern generally doesn't use off the shelf toys anymore - so, if that's a Hot Wheels toy, it's possible they're just teasing.

#1273 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Wasn't the copter only in the movie?

Batcopter appeared in the original series, at least once.

#1274 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern generally doesn't use off the shelf toys anymore - so, if that's a Hot Wheels toy, it's possible they're just teasing.

Given that this is a relatively quick turn, in conjunction with Ka-Pow, I wouldn't be surprised to see off-the-shelf toys decorating it to some extent.

#1275 7 years ago

Powder coated rails look good

#1276 7 years ago

A few years ago, a model kit company by the name of Polar Lights produced a number of kits based on the TV show. They still sell a "crimefighter" kit at 1/24 scale which would likely be too large to incorporate into a game. The other smaller die cast kits they sold included were a Batboat, the copter and cycle. I've got to believe the kits are still kicking around or other manufacturers still run them. IOW, Stern had a lot to choose from when they did The Simpsons, could easily do the same this time around.

That said, I'm one that has played the slots based on the show. It is my assumption that this game is piggy backing along the with licenses used on the slots. The slots use the Gorshin Riddler, the Romero Joker, the Newman Catwoman and the Craig BatGirl. there is also the TV show Alfred & Burt Ward Robin. The one absence that is notable is the Burgess Meredith Penguin. I also believe that the Price Egghead graphic makes an appearance but there were no sound bytes or extra game play from that character.

I've got great expectations for this game. But will not lay out a cent until I see it. If it is a rehash of the previous Stern Batman, I won't have a problem walking away.

#1277 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

...karma points for producing demand to bring even more deadly weapons into the world to make it a more peaceful place.
Sorry, I'm European.

Sorry you are.

#1278 7 years ago
#1280 7 years ago

#1283 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Presumably not much time had been invested to date.

There is nothing to support that line of thinking. Just because they only announced it now means nothing. No photos, that means nothing. Stern doesn't show games in their early prototypes anymore. They are making this release part of a huge event.. So info is going to be used with that event.

#1284 7 years ago

Shouldn't Michelle Pfeiffer be on the poll

#1285 7 years ago

lots of leaked photos today.

#1286 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

lots of leaked photos today.

And????

#1287 7 years ago

ha i tried to post the new one but failed.. no complaints here

#1288 7 years ago

More from Stern.

14231830_10154481017804244_5978831031092854925_o (resized).jpg14231830_10154481017804244_5978831031092854925_o (resized).jpg

#1289 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

More from Stern.

These badges give me a bad feeling about a BDK repurposed coffee can made into an octagon with one of these badges on each side, and they rotate into the front position for modes.

#1290 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I think this Catwoman's in heat.

Whoever did that is pretty good at faces...

#1291 7 years ago

What are these plaques/plates? The episodes seemed plausible for LE plaques, but gadgets too? Seems silly.

#1292 7 years ago

and wireforms

wireforms (resized).jpgwireforms (resized).jpg

#1293 7 years ago

So maybe each LE will get either an episode numbered plate (120 episodes made) or a bat gadget plate or similar?

I guess there's enough material to do 240 of those. But we already saw an "episode #1" plate and "bat gadget #1" plate so the number doesn't necessarily correlate to the LE number directly.

Those plaques do look about the size of an LE plaque though. Since the bigger bat gadgets number is 8, it seems likely there would be 8 of those on a playfield so they must be LE/SLE plaques.

#1294 7 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

What are these plaques/plates? The episodes seemed plausible for LE plaques, but gadgets too? Seems silly.

I'm thinking these are flasher inserts above ramp entrances.

#1295 7 years ago

I am guessing the Bat Gadget plaques are for the super LEs, and the Episode plaques are for the 120 USA games and 120 overseas games.

#1296 7 years ago

Unconfirmed rumor from a friend that this is one of the backglass / translites

IMG_2711 (resized).PNGIMG_2711 (resized).PNG

#1297 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It's very......pink.

#1298 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I just noticed there's a poll at the top for hottest catwoman. Sorry but I can't participate in such poll without Julie Newmar as a choice. And what about Michelle Pfeiffer?

anne hathaway for sure.

#1299 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Not sure about the staging but the artwork is fantastic. Colored wireforms? Wouldn't the balls scratch the paint off?

#1300 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I can accept this if true.....lol could be a lot worse

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.