• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 142.
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Not a fan at all of this art style, but this would be a cool way to individualize each of the LE's - unique tag for each one of them with more than just a number change would be pretty great.

If I am correct though there are 240 LEs and 120 episodes. So 2 for each? or maybe this is just the "super"LE?

#1202 4 years ago

N/M

#1203 4 years ago

Art style is fine. That's what the promo materials from the TV show looked like in the 60's. It's era appropriate.

Some of you have gotten spoiled by the Yeti!

#1204 4 years ago

I want Zombie Yeti and I want it now.

Pouting-child (resized).jpg

#1205 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I want Zombie Yeti and I want it now.

ZY isn't the cure for everything. His command of faces on Ghostbusters (Bill Murray, especially) is borderline atrocious. But it could be worse - it could be Data East art.

#1206 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

another hobby

The gun hobby always has & always will trump pinball in terms of sustained value...Most guns in Ca. hold 90% or better resale and often double or triple quick (sometimes in months) due to our political bs roster system....Im about to spend B-title game money on a python that was about $250 when brand new

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

yeah but its still Lonnie code. Which will never be stellar.

Does Lonnie even Pinball?

#1208 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

His command of faces on Ghostbusters (Bill Murray, especially) is borderline atrocious

Gb art is beautiful,Bill Murray's actual face is the cause of that,not zombie yeti.
He is awesome,go back to your woz.

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

will trump pinball in terms of sustained value..

You said Trump, that's it!! Mods, close the thread!!

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Gb art is beautiful,Bill Murray's actual face is the cause of that,not zombie yeti.
He is awesome,go back to your woz.

I'm not saying you can't be a fan of ZY, just that he is at his best when not trying to draw acceptable human faces. Every artist has a weakness. Human faces is clearly his, but his cartoon art and fantastical forms are great.

#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'm not saying you can't be a fan of ZY, just that he is at his best when not trying to draw acceptable human faces. Every artist has a weakness. Human faces is clearly his, but his cartoon art and fantastical forms are great.

I have no issues with his human faces.

#1212 4 years ago

I just noticed there's a poll at the top for hottest catwoman. Sorry but I can't participate in such poll without Julie Newmar as a choice. And what about Michelle Pfeiffer?

#1213 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I just noticed there's a poll at the top for hottest catwoman. Sorry but I can't participate in such poll without Julie Newmar as a choice.

Yeah.....that's really odd. She was the hottest.

Lee had no ass.

#1214 4 years ago

I just noticed there's a poll at the top for hottest catwoman. Sorry but I can't participate in such poll without Julie Newmar as a choice. And what about Michelle Pfeiffer?

Anne Hathaway should be a choice too.

#1215 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When you can say "I'd rather play Transformers.." you know it's awful.

C'mon! Give Transformers a break. Where else can you bash Optimus Prime in the nuts and live to tell about it.

#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Anne Hathaway should be a choice too.

Now we're talking !

LTG : )

#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I have no issues with his human faces.

I'm not saying you can't like them if I don't. Just that I look at a lot of hand drawn art, and his faces bother *me*. If you like them, that's fine, too.

#1218 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

On the plus side, I did get an e-mail today from a distributor, advertising Batman 66 with the poster we have already seen, and telling me I cannot buy an LE, but that there are a "few premiums" left. I thought those were unlimited?

A sold out or a few left, means HIS dealership inventory. Other distributors have "many" left. Totally confusing, but both can be true - its sold out at one guy, but not at another distributor.

#1219 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

A sold out or a few left, means HIS dealership inventory. Other distributors have "many" left. Totally confusing, but both can be true - its sold out at one guy, but not at another distributor.

Are you meaning production allotment? I don't think there is any inventory anywhere just yet

#1220 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Lol, talk about ignorance. Just make s^#% up as you go.

ZY art examples from his website.
77940610288583.560e275ae8a99 (resized).png

#1221 4 years ago

I just noticed there's a poll at the top for hottest catwoman. Sorry but I can't participate in such poll without Julie Newmar as a choice...

Julie Newmar was the slinkiest Catwoman for sure.

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Art style is fine. That's what the promo materials from the TV show looked like in the 60's. It's era appropriate.
Some of you have gotten spoiled by the Yeti!

Maybe, but when you have a choice that is historically between badly photoshopped art and an original scribble, I think we will take our chances on the drawing.

#1223 4 years ago

Sorry but I can't participate in such poll without Julie Newmar as a choice

No , the OP couldn't bother to include the original catwoman from the TV series.

#1224 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Maybe, but when you have a choice that is historically between badly photoshopped art and an original scribble, I think we will take our chances on the drawing.

It doesn't have to be badly photoshopped. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm just saying the art isn't bad....whether it was made in 1966 or 2016, it's not terrible like some people were groaning about.

#1225 4 years ago

I was adding julie, Ann and Michelle and the poll published the 3 before I could add those ladies. I wanted all the catwomen in my poll. There is no way to add them to the poll or correct it.

#1226 4 years ago

Epic poll fail.

3345dbeeac50e3a14b594f204af390ff (resized).jpg

#1227 4 years ago

Unless a moderator or Robin wipes out my poll so I can start over.

#1228 4 years ago

So 120 US LE's and 120 overseas LE's? That would allow each set to have a unique episode number. If thats the way they do it i'd probably be replacing the artwork to use likeness of the TV villians.

For example in episode 1 instead of the cartoony looling riddler Id put this in instead. Im assuming Stern doesnt have the rights to use actor likenesses for all of the villains. That would be a logistical nightmare.

jsj-con-riddler (resized).jpg

#1229 4 years ago

The poll should have pics next to each choice.

1000x500px-LL-99260619_julie-newmar_catwoman-133 (resized).jpg

#1230 4 years ago

Id feel bad for people.who got episode with the lesser villains like nora clavicle or minerva.

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

It doesn't have to be badly photoshopped. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
I'm just saying the art isn't bad....whether it was made in 1966 or 2016, it's not terrible like some people were groaning about.

It's all good...just busing chops. We won't know anything for sure until the show........

But for the record, I agree on the ZY faces, but to be fair, it takes a really really skilled artist to correctly capture a face, and especially the eyes. I work with a bunch of very skilled artists, but there is only one that I would say has that talent, and he is friggin amazing. He is highly sought after across the US for the bike work he does. In fact, the Evel Kenivel museum just hired him to restore artwork on some of the original jump bikes. Nothing worse than seeing otherwise awesome artwork and then a face in the middle that has google eyes........ if you really look at the artwork posted above, the one thing lacking are the eyes. They are pretty, but have no depth or soul.

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Look, I'm not saying he's bad with all faces in all poses, but he definitely has a problem with faces. Even in your example (which looks fine overall), he has her nose weird compared to her actual real-life nose. But that's a mild deviance. Depending on the face and the style, it can get worse - like Bill Murray on the backglass.

#1233 4 years ago

How about a poll with best villain moll. Lots more variety there. My vote would go for Penguin's moll finella.

34-1.png

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

But it could be worse - it could be Data East art.

You're right. Paul Faris is a hack.

pasted_image (resized).png

#1235 4 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Here. Using the one you provided with the real life pic it that clearly inspired it, you can clearly see the nose problem (the drawn one is more bulbous at the end, angled wrong left to right, and pointing down more abruptly). It's a small detail, but it throws off the image and is a common kind of problem in the faces I've seen of his. Things like the lips being thinner and a little wider can be chalked up to artistic license because they don't negatively affect the overall image, but the nose issue here messes up the geometry of the face, making a lesser positive impression than it should.

face-compare (resized).jpg

#1236 4 years ago

The gun hobby always has & always will trump pinball in terms of sustained value...Most guns in Ca. hold 90% or better resale and often double or triple quick (sometimes in months) due to our political bs roster system....Im about to spend B-title game money on a python that was about $250 when brand new

Good point. But you do have the non recoverable costs such as all the ammo, shooting range fees, gun cleaning supplies, etc.

#1237 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Sure, pick the two best examples from the DE era (I'm actually quite fond of Phantom's, especially), but there are WAY more bad DE art examples, like Star Wars, than good like Phantom. Data East has generally ugly/generic art on their playfields. IMO, of course.

#1238 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Sure, pick the two best examples from the DE era (I'm actually quite fond of Phantom's, especially), but there are WAY more bad DE art examples, like Star Wars, than good like Phantom. Data East has generally ugly/generic art on their playfields. IMO, of course.

Batman looked nice, no?

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is that Gary Stern in the upper left of the second picture?

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Batman looked nice, no?

Another Faris production, so it has a certain level of quality uncharacteristic of DE as a whole. Not my cup of tea, but not nearly as bad as DE's worst.

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Then why not mention the artists' name instead of painting the whole company with a broad brush. Faris did art for 7 DE machines and they all look very good. IMO, of course.

#1242 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Good point. But you do have the non recoverable costs such as all the ammo, shooting range fees, gun cleaning supplies, etc.

...karma points for producing demand to bring even more deadly weapons into the world to make it a more peaceful place.

Sorry, I'm European.

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Then why not mention the artists' name instead of painting the whole company with a broad brush. Faris did art for 7 DE machines and they all look very good. IMO, of course.

Because I didn't care to go pick out the artist names (which all seem to end in Faris now that I look) for the few I liked in the sea of bad DE art. It was a general statement (they DID have generally ugly art), not a line by line indictment.

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Rubbers, balls, novus, bulbs, batteries, fuses, ghosting playfields, etc....

Quoted from someoneelse:

...karma points for producing demand to bring even more deadly weapons into the world to make it a more peaceful place.
Sorry, I'm European.

"Firearms" please...Only becomes a "weapon" when your intent becomes ill, and in that case anything has weapon potentential...car, fist, nail gun, microwave, sock full of pinballs, etc...

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Sorry, I'm European.

You're German. You should be tougher!

#1246 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Because I didn't care to go pick out the artist names (which all seem to end in Faris now that I look) for the few I liked in the sea of bad DE art. It was a general statement (they DID have generally ugly art), not a line by line indictment.

I think O'Connor and Hudson made some great DE art packages as well. Rocky and Bullwinkle, Robocop, and King Kong. They aren't the upper tier but better than most. I think the majority of DE games look good. It's just the few egregious examples of bad art make a strong impression.

Some of the B/W stuff of the same era is also pretty generic. If you look at Doug Watson's stuff, all of his games have the same border around the inserts, ball trails colored, and a character in between the flippers.

DE games don't play as good as B/W but let's not confuse their art for gameplay.

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'm not saying you can't like them if I don't. Just that I look at a lot of hand drawn art, and his faces bother *me*. If you like them, that's fine, too.

Hmmm....

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Here. Using the one you provided with the real life pic it that clearly inspired it, you can clearly see the nose problem (the drawn one is more bulbous at the end, angled wrong left to right, and pointing down more abruptly). It's a small detail, but it throws off the image and is a common kind of problem in the faces I've seen of his. Things like the lips being thinner and a little wider can be chalked up to artistic license because they don't negatively affect the overall image, but the nose issue here messes up the geometry of the face, making a lesser positive impression than it should.

You're crazy. You are so focused on defending your position that ZY can't draw faces that you are literally taking very small minor differences between another face drawing versus actual picture to say he can't draw faces. I'm just not seeing much credibility with this point of view. With such extreme criticisms you should obviously go with clip art on your pins. Cause obviously the magic girl and AIW women drawings and faces were terrible as well, and the Bill Murray print above, etc, etc etc.

What I see in the drawing versus the picture is that ZY used some artistry (surprise surprise) which also includes a slightly different perspective from which the face is shown; as in from the right side a bit as opposed to from straight on. And this easily accounts for the way the nose was drawn and the differences on the left to right side. It is also supported by the shadowing on the left side of the skin on her forehead, neck and upper chest. Basic stuff here. And imo ZY made the eyes look even better than the original.

#1249 4 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

What I see in the drawing versus the picture is that ZY used some artistry

I'm with vireland on this one. The drawn shnoz doesn't do justice to the real thing.

Anyone else creeped out by the cat at the end of the Fade video?

images (resized).jpg

#1250 4 years ago

Rubbers, balls, novus, bulbs, batteries, fuses, ghosting playfields, etc....

"Firearms" please...Only becomes a "weapon" when your intent becomes ill, and in that case anything has weapon potentential...car, fist, nail gun, microwave, sock full of pinballs, etc...

Nahh...not going to get into a debate, but I can't pass that one up. I own and collect firearms, and was in law enforcement for over 20 years. I am as conservative as one can be, but guns are weapons. They are designed primarily for one thing. A car can be used as a weapon, but a gun is a weapon.

The whole "guns don't kill people" thing is a whole different argument, and people confuse the two.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,399.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside