• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 142.
#1151 4 years ago

I like how this is the 2 disc collectors edition. The extras disc probably redefines "Gag-reel."

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I just have a notebook.
The HH has 3 levels.
- The small upper play field was going to be the villains lair with the bad guys on the targets.
- main play field was going to be Gotham city with the various buildings and police headquarters.
- lower play field was (of course) going to be the bat cave.

That sounds awesome ! This is the third Batman TV show retheme I've heard about.

Are you still going to do yours since Stern announced theirs?

I'm still deciding if i want to continue with my Batman retheme or chose another theme.

#1153 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That sounds awesome ! This is the third Batman TV show retheme I've heard about.
Are you still going to do yours since Stern announced theirs?
I'm still deciding if i want to continue with my Batman retheme or chose another theme.

No, I'm in for an LE.

So I'll be selling a great condition HH...

#1154 4 years ago

I'm barely gonna be able to swing a Pre. I hope it's not too stripped down.

#1155 4 years ago

Think about a Batman LE and a Green Hornet LE machines next to each other with a add-on tube/track/mini-playfield between cabinets, attached to both cabinets, that allowed the Green Hornet car and BatMobile to go from playfield to playfield, pin-to-pin. The cars could have lifelike figures that move and speak. Kato could be programmed to get out of the car and kick some evil person's face and then get back in the car. Cool green lights with fold down head lamps that shoot missiles (Flashing LEDS).... A NBAFastbreak-type two machine linkage would be needed, etc. With LCD screen old 1966 TV versions could be played during gameplay etc..

Stern....think out of the box/cabinet and get'r done.

#1156 4 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Think about a Batman LE and a Green Hornet LE machines next to each other with a add-on tube/track/mini-playfield between cabinets, attached to both cabinets, that allowed the Green Hornet car and BatMobile to go from playfield to playfield, pin-to-pin. The cars could have lifelike figures that move and speak. Kato could be programmed to get out of the car and kick some evil person's face and then get back in the car. Cool green lights with fold down head lamps that shoot missiles (Flashing LEDS).... A NBAFastbreak-type two machine linkage would be needed, etc. With LCD screen old 1966 TV versions could be played during gameplay etc..
Stern....think out of the box/cabinet and get'r done.

You don't need a tube. Just some Bluetooth communication and you hit the "road" to the other pin in one machine and it triggers a ball release on the other pin, and vice versa. You could also "store" assists by hitting a certain shot or saucer and when the other pin needs help, hit the button in the lockdown bar to release a ball in the other machine, up to the number you've stored. Linked machine play like they've done with arcade machines could make simultaneous two player pinball pretty interesting.

#1157 4 years ago

This is gonna be cool,are you in for a LE,vireland??Just got back from the Castle:)I love that MET Pre,!! ME

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

You don't need a tube. Just some Bluetooth communication and you hit the "road" to the other pin in one machine and it triggers a ball release on the other pin, and vice versa. You could also "store" assists by hitting a certain shot or saucer and when the other pin needs help, hit the button in the lockdown bar to release a ball in the other machine, up to the number you've stored. Linked machine play like they've done with arcade machines could make simultaneous two player pinball pretty interesting.

Two machines could open up the programmers to more options not yet presented. I like your ideas. IF the two machines were physically connected you could transfer balls from one machine to another and build more "villains". No worries, my mind is wandering Post Labor Day...

#1159 4 years ago

Okay how about a BatGirl Topper built in from the factory where BatGirl comes out on her BatCave Topper located on top of the cabinet head, riding, with LED illuminated animation, on her motorbike and rides a track down into and on the playfield through the side of the cabinet acting as a Bat Cave Door.

#1160 4 years ago

After the game reveal and money changes hands, Stern should consider announcing a second LE version. They could probably sell 500 units without affecting demand for prem's as the game will be popular if done well. The first 260 LE's were sucked up so fast, nobody knows where they went.

#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Fault of Stern.......even when no revealing.

about time for Jared to leak secret reveal pics. Give us something Stern!

#1162 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

about time for Jared to leak secret reveal pics. Give us something Stern!

On the plus side, I did get an e-mail today from a distributor, advertising Batman 66 with the poster we have already seen, and telling me I cannot buy an LE, but that there are a "few premiums" left. I thought those were unlimited?

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

The Hobbit sucks, that is no secret. I wish it didn't. Such a huge miss there.

This is the dumbest statement I've read on pinside in a month, and that's saying something. Hobbit is an incredible pin, and the large majority of owners LOVE this pin. They don't like it, they LOVE it. The only thing that sucks in pinball right now is Stern's quality control and issues with their playfields. And the worst part about JJP (the pre pay model) is now a thing of the past.

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Honestly is there any other hobby where your toys retain at least 90% of their value and often go up in price, basically PAYING YOU to have them?
Make no mistake - this is a MAJOR reason the pin market is strong, and were it to change, sales would drop.

Funny you mention this. It is so true, and it is a very large part of the reason that my plan to sell off nearly my entire collection in order to finance another hobby (off road vehicle) is pretty much on hold. I can usually recoup 90% of what I pay for a pin, whereas the substantial money paid for the large number of modifications that are required in the off road hobby are the complete opposite: nearly a 90% loss.

We all bitch and complain of the high prices that we pay for pins (and rightfully so) but this hobby is actually one of the least expensive hobbies that I have ever been involved in in terms of retaining value/getting your money back.

#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

On the plus side, I did get an e-mail today from a distributor, advertising Batman 66 with the poster we have already seen, and telling me I cannot buy an LE, but that there are a "few premiums" left. I thought those were unlimited?

I mentioned this before. I heard premium could be limited to 500

#1166 4 years ago

George Gomez said Batman was intended to be a low production run. I assume not only LE but also premium so that makes sense. They will return to unlimited premiums with the next title.

Quoted from lllvjr:

#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Sure, for the initial run....but it IS a Prem, not an LE. If customers are demanding it and distributors are asking for it - they'll run another batch.

#1168 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sure, for the initial run....but it IS a Prem, not an LE. If customers are demanding it and distributors are asking for it - they'll run another batch.

Exactly, it would be foolish to stop before demand is filled. Spend all that money on design and development only to stop short of demand would be foolish business indeed. Thats why there is a premium........

#1169 4 years ago

Okay as an option to the Bat Girl Topper, a Bat Copter Topper could be the COOLEST topper as a small flying drone dressed up as the Bat Copter that lifts off, by its own rechargeable in-place battery pack, from the back box in a pre-programed pathway (buzzing around players head, playfield, or wherever you pro gram it....) equipped with sensors as the driverless cars have, and then land back on the back box in the re-charge position....flashing and a whirring. This same type concept topper could be used in a Zika pinball theme with a mosquito in lieu of a Bat Copter....LOL.

The technology is here, getr done.

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Sorry, missed that one, but I need to go back and look at my Email. I read somewhere there was no limit to the premium run, so long as deposits were made. Now that doesn't mean they will run it more than once, but I am sure they will take as many premium deposits as people are willing to put down.

#1171 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

This is the dumbest statement I've read on pinside in a month, and that's saying something. Hobbit is an incredible pin, and the large majority of owners LOVE this pin. They don't like it, they LOVE it. The only thing that sucks in pinball right now is Stern's quality control and issues with their playfields. And the worst part about JJP (the pre pay model) is now a thing of the past.

I thought The Hobbit was incredibly boring, as a matter of fact I walked away in the middle of a game. Ball times were way too long and I didn't find much exciting while I played. The theme also doesn't do anything for me personally. Needless to say, I don't feel like I'm missing out by not having one.

#1172 4 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

Yes, comic collecting......comics I bought for 25 cents in the 70'a are worth 1000's now......Everytime a new superhero movie comes out related character comics value skyrocket.

True some comics are worth 1000's from the 70s, but not many and it really depends on the condition. The ones worth money are usually ones that introduce characters for the first time.

#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I thought The Hobbit was incredibly boring, as a matter of fact I walked away in the middle of a game. Ball times were way too long and I didn't find much exciting while I played. The theme also doesn't do anything for me personally. Needless to say, I don't feel like I'm missing out by not having one.

The more you play The Hobbit the more you realize how amazing it is

#1174 4 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I'd say the inverse is true.....

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I can believe that, I think that would be where the theme could help, but unfortunately it's not for me. I do appreciate games with deep code and it's a good looking game, so I'd imagine if you're a Hobbit fan, you'd probably enjoy it.

#1177 4 years ago

I guess the hobbit is going to be the next x-men of pinside.... People defending it till their dying breath until years later they wake up.

#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Funny you mention this. It is so true, and it is a very large part of the reason that my plan to sell off nearly my entire collection in order to finance another hobby (off road vehicle) is pretty much on hold. I can usually recoup 90% of what I pay for a pin, whereas the substantial money paid for the large number of modifications that are required in the off road hobby are the complete opposite: nearly a 90% loss.
We all bitch and complain of the high prices that we pay for pins (and rightfully so) but this hobby is actually one of the least expensive hobbies that I have ever been involved in in terms of retaining value/getting your money back.

THIS

Exactly why I love this hobby.

What other $8K toy can you buy and play for months, maybe years, and recoup 90% of the cost, or in some cases 100% or more?

#1179 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I guess the hobbit is going to be the next x-men of pinside.... People defending it till their dying breath until years later they wake up.

Hobbit causes people to wake up after their dying breath? Ummm, I thought TWD was the other guys.

#1180 4 years ago

What I don't get in both the 3rd and 7th picture is if there is a diverter in there on the left ramp. Seems like there has to be one because otherwise where would the ball go??

#1181 4 years ago

So is it time for people to start making bets yet as to when the first pics will be released?

My guess is sometime late next week to coincide with media hype for batman day on the 17th.

#1182 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

What I don't get in both the 3rd and 7th picture is if there is a diverter in there on the left ramp. Seems like there has to be one because otherwise where would the ball go??

Where are you seeing pictures?

#1183 4 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Where are you seeing pictures?

probably is not

#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Looked like a widebody too...

#1185 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Looked like a widebody too...

I can't believe they photoshopped the whole damn thing.

#1186 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Except Xmen is now a very good game.

Yes, initially the code was shit. Now it is not.

rd

#1187 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I can't believe they photoshopped the whole damn thing.

I am surprized oh well batgirl is portrayed.

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yes, initially the code was shit. Now it is not.
rd

It's still a shit game with shit toys and shit voices.

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You know you love it, Rare. Come on now ...

rd

#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

FWIW, I don't get the love for it, either. Walked away from a machine I put a bunch of free games on without even finishing the game I was on. Just boring. I didn't get it.

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You know you love it, Rare. Come on now ...
rd

Sorry RD, one of the worst Stern pins. I love Borg but not this. Oversized Wolvie destroys the left side of the play field. No amount of code can save it.

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

FWIW, I don't get the love for it, either. Walked away from a machine I put a bunch of free games on without even finishing the game I was on. Just boring. I didn't get it.

It was the first Stern in ages with hand drawn art & the first Borg post-Tron. So, it looks good and has some smooth/fast shots ...but who cares, plenty of games have smooth shots AND are actually good, too. I've heard the same "praise" for Kiss. "Well, it has smooth shots". True, but everything else on the game is terrible.

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

triumph (resized).jpg

When you can say "I'd rather play Transformers.." you know it's awful.

#1194 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

The Hobbit sucks, that is no secret. I wish it didn't. Such a huge miss there.
Can you imagine if Hobbit was a home run? I know I'd have one now. The theme and look of the game is outstanding, but it stops there.
JJP needs something new revealed at this point, as I don't see Hobbits flying off the shelf. There's already plenty used and even unopened LEs available at great prices.

Sucks to you, many others enjoy it Its easily one of the most unique and fun pins in my collection. Everyone who has played it at my place enjoys it.

Myself and a friend preordered a Hobbit a few years back, cancelled it and then got back in after being very impressed with just how fun it plays with newer code.

By the time Keith is done with The Hobbit it will have one of the deepest and unique rulesets in pinball.

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

......................................Except Xmen is now a very good game.

laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif

#1196 4 years ago

Stern just posted this on their FB page.

"Spotted today in the factory."
14206231_10154479588424244_8729286519063731010_o (resized).jpg

#1197 4 years ago

Ugggh, that artwork.

Maybe, just maybe, Gary is really the Riddler! Maybe the details to the new pin and pricing are hidden in a riddle, that only the REAL Batman can solve. What a cruel and twisted mind...........Send up the BatSignal!

#1198 4 years ago

Looks like they are following the TV series episodes with the game content. Season 1 episode 1 is HI DIDDLE RIDDLE....

Quoted from Manimal:

Ugggh, that artwork.
Maybe, just maybe, Gary is really the Riddler! Maybe the details to the new pin and pricing are hidden in a riddle, that only the REAL Batman can solve. What a cruel and twisted mind...........Send up the BatSignal!

#1199 4 years ago

So the assumption is this is how they are counting LEs correct?

#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

So the assumption is this is how they are counting LEs correct?

Not a fan at all of this art style, but this would be a cool way to individualize each of the LE's - unique tag for each one of them with more than just a number change would be pretty great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside