• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 142.
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Expo is only a month away. I'd have to think there's a decision already about whether JJP3 will be there. My gut feels like it won't be, Hobbit needs more time to sell through.
I'm an interested buyer for JJP3, so I had to weigh when I thought it might be coming against a decision to get Batman.
In the end, I'm betting JJP3 will not be at expo and will not be here anytime soon, which then puts a Batman in my collection.

You should email this to Jack so he reveals jjp3 at expo

#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Thats so weird because I seem to recall anyone making that assumption during the years of delays was accused of "libel" commentary & threatened with legal action.

JJP got investors.

Stern got investors.

Politicians lie.

Lawyers win.

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Mr. 68 predicts Pat Lawlor's game, JJP #3, will be unveiled at the Chicago Expo this October.

she dead

#1004 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JJP got investors.
Stern got investors.
Politicians lie.
Lawyers win.

Ha

True that

Wonder if some folks got lied to on their ETA, lied to again on the progress & then lied to once more on the reasoning? Times two!

Exjet might be a F'n fortune teller. Someone needs to apologize to that prick lol.

#1005 4 years ago

So, the preorder model is back?!!

It took exactly one year to reinstate it.

Incredible...

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Why revealing a new game for november with no pic?

Because with this title they can.

#1007 4 years ago

I don't recall Jack or anyone at JJP ever saying that the third game would be revealed at Expo. I know that they have said that they will try to reveal it before the end of the year and I think I remember that they said November at one point but I could be wrong on that.

#1008 4 years ago

What about PPS. Chicago Gaming. Will they reveal anything. Hints or Otherwise. ??????

#1009 4 years ago

Saw these today at the Air Show here in Cleveland. Maybe these will somehow find there way into the new machine.

20160903_132818 (resized).jpeg

20160903_132820 (resized).jpg

20160903_132824 (resized).jpg

#1010 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Expo is only a month away. I'd have to think there's a decision already about whether JJP3 will be there. My gut feels like it won't be, Hobbit needs more time to sell through.
I'm an interested buyer for JJP3, so I had to weigh when I thought it might be coming against a decision to get Batman.
In the end, I'm betting JJP3 will not be at expo and will not be here anytime soon, which then puts a Batman in my collection.

Dont know if it will be play-ready, but i am pretty sure there will be a reveal at expo unless something changes drastically.

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Things may have changed, but as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding.
No doubt that Hobbit's are rolling off the line at a pretty good clip these days, but couldn't the same have been said for WOZ prior to Hobbit?
All we have to go on is history. Based on JJP's history, guessing that JJP's pin #3 won't be shipped for 18 months from now is actually a bit optimistic, if anything.
Having said that, nobody would be more happy to be proven completely wrong than me. I love my Hobbit LE and am really looking forward to seeing Lawlor's pin.

Well, I have a hunch JJP3 will be revealed at Expo and a few may have it in their homes by Xmas ......this year!

They have had years to develop a single game and finally Stern have moved to LCD. And AFMR will take a ton of money off the table so really expecting a finished game, taking orders at Expo.

#1012 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Because with this title they can.

What does it mean? This is a vault edition of BTDK like Spiderman?

I thought that was a new game, new layout, new design..

#1013 4 years ago

JJP#3 should really be called TAF2.0

#1014 4 years ago

I woke up this morning with a eureeka thought that the Batman LE must come with some kind of crazy topper to help justify the price increase. That would also explain why the Premiums allegedly are priced "around the usual Premium price".

Look to the slot machine for inspiration. Maybe we're going to get some kind of Big Wheel? I'm making my prediction now that LE will have some kind of crazy topper, and that the $2k increase will be on full display.

Wonder-Wheels-Batman (resized).jpg

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I woke up this morning with a eureeka thought that the Batman LE must come with some kind of crazy topper to help justify the price increase. That would also explain why the Premiums allegedly are priced "around the usual Premium price".
Look to the slot machine for inspiration. Maybe we're going to get some kind of Big Wheel? I'm making my prediction now that LE will have some kind of crazy topper, and that the $2k increase will be on full display.

Would be awesome to see them re-utilize "the wheel" from WOF as the big toy they mentioned with 3 modes! I think it's probably the most underrated and coolest toys Stern has come up with over the years'.

#1016 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Would be awesome to see them re-utilize "the wheel" from WOF as the big toy they mentioned with 3 modes! I think it's probably the most underrated and coolest toys Stern has come up with over the years'.

Maybe we're on to something. A WOF wheel in game, with the LE having a large topper version.

Joe Kaminkow is getting a lot of credit on this game, so you have to look at the slot to figure out what his contributions are since Gomez seems to be fully in charge of the pinball.

#1017 4 years ago

Isn't Jack and PL on the expo schedule with a session called "designing the next innovation" ? Sounds like a reveal to me

#1018 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Isn't Jack and PL on the expo schedule with a session called "designing the next innovation" ? Sounds like a reveal to me

Good thing is you can buy the next 4 to 5 sterns and play /sell them before Pats game comes out. Its a great time for pinball just have to juggle which to keep which to let go.

#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Good thing is you can buy the next 4 to 5 sterns and play /sell them before Pats game comes out. Its a great time for pinball just have to juggle which to keep which to let go.

Don't think that's the case this time. He has said he wouldn't announce the next game until it is almost ready to ship. Time will tell weather that holds true.... I am for sure looking forward to this one..
Now, back to Batman!

#1020 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

He has said he wouldn't announce the next game until it is almost ready to ship.

Jack has said a lot in the past ... he is a salesman. I'm sure this time will be different though.

He also said 'No money up front for our 3rd title!'. That's the one statement I am curious about.

#1021 4 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Jack has said a lot in the past ... he is a salesman. I'm sure this time will be different though.
He also said 'No money up front for our 3rd title!'. That's the one statement I am curious about.

He said in the next sentence that he will need a very short preorder period to gauge interest and order parts. Like 1 month. Don't think jjp can afford to buy parts for unsold games.

#1022 4 years ago

I heard only the Sle will come with a topper

#1023 4 years ago

Reading about Batmn66, many opinions abound. After wading through the muck, my feeling is BM66 will be a lot like BDK but with added toys, features and rules. The point I am trying to make is that BM66 will be an extension of what was already released as BDK. This is a common practice for manufactures to do, and I offer examples of B/W games BK & BK2K and Stern with T2 and T3. When a company designsa game that builds on a previous game they have already released, they have always priced the resulting game with current pricing.

My expectation is this would be priced in a similar fashion. In this case - the premium version is being described as same being at the same level as previous LE models. Well, that seems like a load of crap, but if I bought that line of reasoning, I would expect to pay LE pricing, right? Street prices for Sterns have recently been 5k / 6.5k / 7.5k for pro / prem /le. So Batman66 being like an LE should cost …. about $7.5k. Instead it appears to be heading north of $10k. In that case, Stern is trying to hide a 33% price increase, and that is too much for me to swallow, regardless of how good a game BM66 turns out to be. Waiting to see final pricing, maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised. But if it turns out bat sh*t crazy, I’m out – you could buy two HUO BDK’s for the same.

One consolation, when reading Stern is mixing different styles of art, my Spidey sense is tells me they mean a hot mess of photo-shopped shit between cabinet, playfield, backglass and plastics. That is the wrong approach. They should pick one design and carry throughout. So while I also don’t hold much hope for a pretty looking game, I am looking forward to playing one on location.

#1024 4 years ago

If the same SLE topper can be bought for the Premium, I suspect the price would be set at $599.

#1025 4 years ago

All this 10K for the LE is way off.

Street pricing (not MSRP) prediction:

$7000 premium
$8500 LE

#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

He said in the next sentence that he will need a very short preorder period to gauge interest and order parts. Like 1 month.

So, send money (like, a deposit of $1K maybe?), and your game will be ready in a month? That would be a welcome change (as opposed to send full payment and wait 3 years).

#1027 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

... So Batman66 being like an LE should cost …. about $7.5k. Instead it appears to be heading north of $10k. In that case, Stern is trying to hide a 33% price increase, and that is too much for me to swallow,

Reminds me of a game I made up - hide the salami. Well I thought I made it up but evidently great minds think alike.

salam4 (resized).jpg
salami (resized).jpg
salam2 (resized).jpg

#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

So, send money (like, a deposit of $1K maybe?), and your game will be ready in a month? That would be a welcome change (as opposed to send full payment and wait 3 years).

Something like that. Would have been 3 years wait if it was announced when Pat joined in Jan 2014!

#1029 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All this 10K for the LE is way off.
Street pricing (not MSRP) prediction:
$7000 premium
$8500 LE

Considering how fast they sold out why would a distrubutor sell it for less than MSRP?

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Considering how fast they sold out why would a distrubutor sell it for less than MSRP?

Because folks can cancel their deposits, at least with some distros. Stern is a non refundable deposit, but many distros are covering that and allowing cancellations, given how this game was announced, else they would have had trouble getting committments. If Stern mucks up the artwork, or if it is a re -hash, or crazy expensive, you will likely see several back on the market.

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Reading about Batmn66, many opinions abound. After wading through the muck, my feeling is BM66 will be a lot like BDK but with added toys, features and rules. The point I am trying to make is that BM66 will be an extension of what was already released as BDK. This is a common practice for manufactures to do, and I offer examples of B/W games BK & BK2K and Stern with T2 and T3. When a company designsa game that builds on a previous game they have already released, they have always priced the resulting game with current pricing.
My expectation is this would be priced in a similar fashion. In this case - the premium version is being described as same being at the same level as previous LE models. Well, that seems like a load of crap, but if I bought that line of reasoning, I would expect to pay LE pricing, right? Street prices for Sterns have recently been 5k / 6.5k / 7.5k for pro / prem /le. So Batman66 being like an LE should cost …. about $7.5k. Instead it appears to be heading north of $10k. In that case, Stern is trying to hide a 33% price increase, and that is too much for me to swallow, regardless of how good a game BM66 turns out to be. Waiting to see final pricing, maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised. But if it turns out crazy bat sh*t, I’m out – you could buy two HUO BDK’s for the same.
One consolation, when reading Stern is mixing different styles of art, my Spidey sense is tells me they mean a hot mess of photo-shopped shit between cabinet, playfield, backglass and plastics. That is the wrong approach. They should pick one design and carry throughout. So while I also don’t hold much hope for a pretty looking game, I am looking forward to playing one on location.

Blablabla, i am IN!

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

He said in the next sentence that he will need a very short preorder period to gauge interest and order parts. Like 1 month. Don't think jjp can afford to buy parts for unsold games.

If they still are unable to frontload parts cost on their 3rd game AND after infusion of venture capital, then they got problems.

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Stern is a non refundable deposit, but many distros are covering that and allowing cancellations, given how this game was announced, else they would have had trouble getting committments.

Given that it sold out in one day I think the distros "could" have negotiated a bit tougher and not offered it as a refundable deposit and they still would have sold out (maybe it takes one day longer or something).

I don't think they were ever going to have trouble selling out of the LEs.

#1034 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Don't think jjp can afford to buy parts for unsold games.

Wrong.

LTG : )

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Given that it sold out in one day I think the distros "could" have negotiated a bit tougher and not offered it as a refundable deposit and they still would have sold out (maybe it takes one day longer or something).
I don't think they were ever going to have trouble selling out of the LEs.

Probably not, but we always like to take the easiest path....... Plus, they have a projected margin for games, in order to meet customer needs. Gouge your customers, and they won't be customers long.

#1036 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Lot of reasons..

#1037 4 years ago

There is nothing "photoshop" about if you listen to the people actually making the game unless you don't believe Gomez.

They have 4 artists working on it.

I'm sure Stern wants to crank out a re hashed piece of garbage for the 30th anniversary

This pin will be more standard body JJP style.

Some of you guys can believe what you want and just make shit up all day! You are gonna be wrong

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I heard only the Sle will come with a topper

I'm calling BS on this. Have they ever done that before? Some people don't like them but toppers are big sellers for Stern. No way they would miss that opportunity. Maybe the SLE will have some mega special topper. I keep picturing some sort of topper incorporating the Bat signal.

#1039 4 years ago

Stern encouraged all this idle speculation by announcing and selling a new game without any photos. sketches or conceptual drawings to back it up. Jacked up the pricing just for good measure on top of that...

#1040 4 years ago

Stern is clearly testing different ways to hype up a game. No PR announcement on IGN, just a flyer on pinside. It's clear the market they are going after...for this game anyway... it's us on Pinside.

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Stern is clearly testing different ways to hype up a game. No PR announcement on IGN, just a flyer on pinside. It's clear the market they are going after...for this game anyway... it's us on Pinside.

Then Stern should know that no one here wants shitty playfields at premium prices!

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure Stern wants to crank out a re hashed piece of garbage for the 30th anniversary

?!

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Given that it sold out in one day .

Ok so What are the sale prices?

#1044 4 years ago

They will make it great!

Just saying. Happy to be in.

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, I have a hunch JJP3 will be revealed at Expo and a few may have it in their homes by Xmas ......this year!

That's pretty funny!

Joker_laughing (resized).png

#1046 4 years ago

it's a little bit a dis... a little bit of dat...

batman-dice-1 (resized).jpg

#1047 4 years ago

failed .gif upload.

#1048 4 years ago

It would be cool if there is a video mode incorporated where we get to play that slot machine.

#1049 4 years ago

This is going to be one of the most exciting Expos we've had in years!

Too bad I won't be able to make it!

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

JJP is in a odd place....

If they announce #3, guaranteed some Hobbit money goes towards #3 and Hobbit sales suffer.

But if they don't announce it, #3 money will get tied up in one of the other 1000 new machines out or coming very soon ... TBL, Alien, JPOP (hahaha couldn't resist) or one of Sterns 20 new titles they're working on.

Sorta damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of situation for JJP...

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 26.50
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside