PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 142.
#901 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I just don't understand why they're retheming BDK.

They aren't New game from the ground up, only the crane reappears.

LTG : )

#902 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

a la Hobbit and Heighway…

Looks like that might be the only option.

Quoted from Miguel351:

I just don't understand why they're retheming BDK.

Maybe Gomez felt he never got the game he wanted with the original. Maybe due to budget restrictions? Now with a new buoyant market and matching prices, he can finish it as he originally wanted.

#903 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Throw in a little "real football" RD and we have the makings of a great

Wow, do you have Rugby League over there?

rd

#904 7 years ago

So let me get this straight, the crane which takes up most of the center, and the inserts and most of the right side is staying the same (or very similar) They are changing the upper left by adding a ramp & maybe LCD and it's a new game???

This one gets easier to sit out as time goes on. Still no word on playfield issues seals it for me...

#905 7 years ago

Stern should stop making new games and just work on re-releasing the heavy hitters with refreshed art and backbox LCDs.

Imagine a Super LE Metalica or Tron or LOTR with a Hobbit-esque LCD!

#906 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Heck why bother even having a theme at all? Why not just put a bunch of random things in there. Maybe nuclear homer can be driving the crane and have Gandolf do the call outs.

I knew someone would take it here. I'm going to assume you got my point though.

#907 7 years ago

SO,are we all owners of the B66LE,or are most of you just dreaming at this point???

#908 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, it's going to be basically the same game, or they wouldn't have bothered keeping the crane
It's funny the crane is a pretty pedestrian feature on an undistinguished game. I haven't heard so many comments about how awesome it is until this thread.

This. QFT.

#909 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Don't forget Star Trek too. She was in that 3 times (well one episode but multiple versions).

That's the one I couldn't remember, man she looked hot.

#910 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

suppose this was a Star Wars game, and they put a crane in it. Not a Death Star, not a Millennium Falcon, not ATAT walkers, not TIE fighter they put a crane in the pin. Well heck it's a fun toy what's the big deal? I'm sure there was a crane somewhere in the building of the Death Star or maybe one of the storm trooper has the last name of Crane so that's it.
But the point is, a crane is not part of Star Wars or Batman.

Seriously, dude. Scarecrow is Dr. Crane.

Already been said.

#911 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

SO,are we all owners of the B66LE,or are most of you just dreaming at this point???

No one owns anything at this point. This is an info thread.

#912 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Stern should stop making new games and just work on re-releasing the heavy hitters with refreshed art and backbox LCDs.
Imagine a Super LE Metalica or Tron or LOTR with a Hobbit-esque LCD!

LOL. You jest, but it seems like it's another avenue for easy money. This looks like the start of it all. "Give an old title a refresh and reap the rewards".

#913 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I think a lot of folks are missing the point on the "no pro" lineup.

Here's my theory: When Stern came out with SMVE many here on Pinside, but also distributors at tradeshows, got upset about the Premium pricing of what basically was a rethemed Pro. At the EAG show Gary had to explain their reasoning to everybody. I'm not saying I had any influence, but I did tell him that if they would have named the game a Premium Vault Edition, it would probably had seen less discussion, or disappointment regarding the pricing. I recall soon after the word Premium was added to some of the promotional images of that game.

In order to avoid a response similar to SMVE, they're now telling everybody upfront to not expect a Pro price on this game. Maybe that's all there's to it. And then they figured they could probably milk it more by doing an LE and SLE as well. Based on the people that say they ordered one, it works.

#914 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Already been said.

Yes but is Scarecrow in the Batman TV show? What's your point *this pin* is about the TV show and Dr Crane is not in the TV show and the Penquine (not Dr. Crane) is driving a crane/wrecking ball?Frasier_Crane_at_KACL_radio_station (resized).pngFrasier_Crane_at_KACL_radio_station (resized).png

#915 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes but is Scarecrow in the Batman TV show? What's your point *this pin* is about the TV show and Dr Crane is not in the TV show and the Penquine (not Dr. Crane) is driving a crane/wrecking ball?

I just Googled "Batman the Penguin Wrecking Ball" and hopefully this clears things up now.

images-20 (resized).jpegimages-20 (resized).jpeg

#916 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Don't be "that guy" ...

rd

#917 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't be "that guy" ...
rd

#918 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't be "that guy" ...
rd

Those rugby dudes are a bunch of sissies!

I'd love to see an NFL team steamroll those turds without pads. There would be a bunch of Ruggers on the ground!

The only guy I saw tough enough was the dude that kept playing with a torn scrotum

#919 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd love to see an NFL team steamroll those turds without pads. There would be a bunch of Ruggers on the ground!
The only guy I saw tough enough was the dude that kept playing with a torn scrotum

Yeah but the big NFL players would never be able to touch anyone because they are too fat and would be gasping for breath after running 20 meters

#920 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

pfft sissies? Do NFL guys stick their fingers in each others butts though?

#921 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Already been said.

Spoiler Alert !

#922 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

pfft sissies? Do NFL guys stick their fingers in each others butts though?

Hey, what happens at the bottom of the pile, stays at the bottom of the pile. Or so I've been told.

#923 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hey, what happens at the bottom of the pile, stays at the bottom of the pile. Or so I've been told.

Maybe this is why I never played sports as a kid.....

#924 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Do NFL guys stick their fingers in each others butts though?

No. "End Zone Celebrations" are now forbidden.

#925 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Do NFL guys stick their fingers in each others butts though?

They leave that for the locker room after the game

rd

#926 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Yeah but the big NFL players would never be able to touch anyone because they are too fat and would be gasping for breath after running 20 meters

Jarryd Hayne was a superb athlete in Rugby League, he signed to the 49ers as a kick receiver for 18mths ... He couldn't run 100 yards without getting puffed after he came back to League! lol!

rd

#927 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was impressed that you were excited about the upcoming NRL finals, then it turns out you don't even know what it is.

I'd like to see an NFL team only have 4 bench players for a whole game, have only have 8 changes during the game and play a season of 26 regular games, plus finals. Then we'll see how tough they are.

BTW why are there shorts on the ground? https://lowes.com.au/Search.aspx?q=Ruggers

#928 7 years ago

This video shows just how pathetic football players can be compared to rugby players

#929 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

This video shows just how pathetic football players can be compared to rugby players

I think Icey was referring to American football, rather than "socccccccerrrrr".

Gridiron = football (although they rarely kick it)

Football = soccccccerrrrr

You should know that CLG, you're an American!!

rd

#930 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think Icey was referring to American football, rather than "socccccccerrrrr".
Gridiron = football (although they rarely kick it)
Football = soccccccerrrrr
You should know that CLG, you're an American!!
rd

I don't know what you are talking about

#932 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Exactly! This is THE WORST sports cliche`ever, and it even beats shit like "He's walking GINGERLY off the field..." & "He wishes he could have that throw back!"

Like...really, what the fuck is happening down there? It's 2016, men grabbing other male dicks with there hand in a tugging motion shouldn't be a secret now. Are they fish hooking mouths? Squeezing the testes? Rubbing their back?

#933 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

» YouTube video

Good hits.

Luckily they have 120 other players on the sideline to bring in.

rd

#934 7 years ago

Well lets not talk about baseball.. the game where they had to design a glove that is 4 times bigger than the average hand cos players cant catch... We can talk about cricket instead

#935 7 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

We can talk about cricket instead

Or, perhaps, you could talk about pinball?

#936 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Here's my theory: When Stern came out with SMVE many here on Pinside, but also distributors at tradeshows, got upset about the Premium pricing of what basically was a rethemed Pro. At the EAG show Gary had to explain their reasoning to everybody. I'm not saying I had any influence, but I did tell him that if they would have named the game a Premium Vault Edition, it would probably had seen less discussion, or disappointment regarding the pricing. I recall soon after the word Premium was added to some of the promotional images of that game.
In order to avoid a response similar to SMVE, they're now telling everybody upfront to not expect a Pro price on this game. Maybe that's all there's to it. And then they figured they could probably milk it more by doing an LE and SLE as well. Based on the people that say they ordered one, it works.

Not sure about the actual names, but if you listen to the podcast, Gomez says pretty much the same thing I did. Small runs intended for collectors. The part I found interesting was right at the end regarding the deposits. They said they did it because they didn't want folks "flipping these pins", so they make them have an up front investment. That confirms they are not expecting these out on route....at least in big numbers anyway. But i found the comment intriguing. I don't know if a deposit will prevent that, but it will be interesting to see how many LE'S wind up in the market ads like Ghostbusters.

#937 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

but if you listen to the podcast

Haven't had a chance to listen yet. Will do so later today. I just recalled what happened in January as it seemed sort of related.

#938 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Not sure about the actual names, but if you listen to the podcast, Gomez says pretty much the same thing I did. Small runs intended for collectors. The part I found interesting was right at the end regarding the deposits. They said they did it because they didn't want folks "flipping these pins", so they make them have an up front investment. That confirms they are not expecting these out on route....at least in big numbers anyway. But i found the comment intriguing. I don't know if a deposit will prevent that, but it will be interesting to see how many LE'S wind up in the market ads like Ghostbusters.

I don't really see how deposits would lessen the amount of games that are flipped. I don't think you can stop that unless they want to make a bunch of games before shipping them to distributors. If they can keep supply roughly equal to demand then the flippers won't be tempted to sell.

#939 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are they fish hooking mouths? Squeezing the testes? Rubbing their back?

All of the above and then some, LOL

#940 7 years ago

From musketd

1,413 33 247
New Batman '66 info from Gomez himself via C2C podcast:
CRANE TOY
- The Penguin will be driving it & wreaking havoc on Gotham
- Mildly modified but roughly in the same place on the playfield
- Will have recognizable behavior
- Its corresponding inserts will be in the same place as BDK
PLAYFIELD LAYOUT
- Left ramp & right ramp that cross
- Lots of the same elements on right-hand side as BDK
- Left-hand side has been redesigned
- Completely new feature on left side of game that provides 3 distinct interactive modes for the player & also acts as an additional ball lock.
- Way more shots than BDK (less "stop & go")
- Shots have a combo system now
LCD SCREEN
- Approximately the size of a medium laptop (15.6" diagonal screen) on a hinge speaker display panel
- Will play clips from the old show
ARTWORK
- Will be a combination of TV & comic art with live-action imagery
- Will be more sophisticated than what was shown on the flier
- Multiple artists working on it so you'll see some variation in illustration styles
Stern is planning to have the game playable at Expo.
Source:
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-229_86459

#941 7 years ago

Looking forward to Expo and the reveal. thanks for the added info

#942 7 years ago

so is there hope for a Wheel of Fortune remake now?

#943 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't really see how deposits would lessen the amount of games that are flipped. I don't think you can stop that unless they want to make a bunch of games before shipping them to distributors. If they can keep supply roughly equal to demand then the flippers won't be tempted to sell.

Yeah, that comment made no sense at all.

As soon as the game is ready to ship, it can be sold. For whatever price.

Deposits, if anything, make the flipping even worse, because people can't get a machine (because they are all sold) it demands a higher price.

Basic FOMO in action. FOMO drives the collector market in everything.

rd

#944 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Basic FOMO in action. FOMO drives the collector market in everything.

We're a bunch of FOMO MOFOS.

#945 7 years ago

I've been (patiently) waiting for my GB Premium for months now, and week to week no word other than a recent video showing STERN making the GB Premium exports. So, I don't know how they plan on having Batman 66 out the door starting in November, though really intrigued to see how they work the LCD's into the game. The potential for an awesome pin is huge and the campy Batman from the 60's is going to be a fun theme to work with. Perhaps production will go quicker with no PROs on the line, but November is really pushing it.

#946 7 years ago

I can't see how anyone would give a deposit on a game with no clear idea of what you'd be receiving in the end? hope and pray method?

#947 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

so is there hope for a Wheel of Fortune remake now?

Wheel of Fortune is a fantastic playing pin and I'd love to see a re-theme. Honestly, I don't understand why Stern doesn't mix it up. I mean, if you love Spiderman, you already have it. Then they re-skin the exact same game with a Spiderman comic theme. If they had re-skinned WOF into comic book Spiderman, you'd have a new game to buy. BDK is supposedly different but who knows? Had they started with the WOF playfield, there would be no doubt.

#948 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

The part I found interesting was right at the end regarding the deposits. They said they did it because they didn't want folks "flipping these pins", so they make them have an up front investment. That confirms they are not expecting these out on route....at least in big numbers anyway. But i found the comment intriguing..

So did I, and believe that comment came from Jody.
Collectors drooled in kind for an hour and grabbed exclusiveLEs at a higher price point than ever.
Who gives a flip if anyone chooses to flip.
You created that exclusive Pavlov environment, good for biz.

#949 7 years ago

I'm interested but with this being the first Big LCD game from Stern I want to see it in action and hope it's great but I'm also looking forward to what Alien and JJP #3 look like.

It's going to be an interesting end of the year pinball season.

I'm sure Stern is glad GB was so well received after people had been looking for a LCD for a while, ST is almost 3 years old and some were hopeful that would have had a LCD display

#950 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Jarryd Hayne was a superb athlete in Rugby League, he signed to the 49ers as a kick receiver for 18mths ... He couldn't run 100 yards without getting puffed after he came back to League! lol!
rd

I get what you're saying and I'm sure Hayne is/was a superb athlete but he was just plain awful in the NFL, he returned 8 punts and fumbled 3 of them during his illustrious 8 game NFL career. He was relegated to the practice squad halfway thru his only season in the NFL.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.