PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 142.
#802 7 years ago

Fill'er up! more batgirl on playfield too please!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#803 7 years ago

batgirl-batman-yvonne-craig.gifbatgirl-batman-yvonne-craig.gif

#804 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Lee Meriweather was also in an 2 episodes of the TV series but not as Catwoman. She played a millionaire heiress who is captured by King Tut. He thinks she's a reincarnation of Cleopatra. She also has a romantic interest in Bruce Wayne at the end and invites in to her room for a nite cap of warm milk. Which he accepts, pretty risque for a 60's show.

She played in the Time Tunnel also I believe.

#805 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Fill'er up! more batgirl on playfield too please!

I smell a Batman 66 VE re-skinned as B:TAS. I'd be all over that one.

#806 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Barnaby Jones as well.

1955 Miss America

LM (resized).jpgLM (resized).jpg

#807 7 years ago

o-din picture

Ok, raise your hands. How many of you wanked off to that episode with Batgirl chained up? Or Batgirl from the show in general. So pointy Batman.

#808 7 years ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned as I just skimmed through this thread after coming back from holidays.

But I guess Stern is now trying to charge premium prices for a pro.

Because there are Batman 66 premiums being made (rebranded pro to make more $)
250 LE's (or is it really 250 premiums)
And 30 super LE's (30 actual LE's)

Remember X-Men only had a limited # of LEs
250 Magneto's and 300 wolverine
So was one a LE and the other a Super LE?

I really want this pin if it's good. But I feel like Stern is really hurting their market.

And what happened to the importance of building pro pins to suit the needs of their target buyers the route operators.

Spiderman VE, and now batman 66 are not priced for operators.

If this pin is not completely packed with features. A High quality art package and wire form or metal ramps and not plastic I'm going to pass.

Unfortunately my fear is this "new" model is what is going to be the norm. Because of the LCD display hype. And that they under estimated the orders of GB.

Think they can cash in on a retro theme being a success at just a "bit" of a higher price in the pinball world if they name it differently and hype it up for expo.

I hope I'm wrong. Because Batman 66 is one of my dream themes. But I guess I'll find out at expo.

#810 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Just pre-ordered my Super LE from ebay! Paid-in-full. Can't wait!

Who had one for sale? I want one.

#811 7 years ago

Yes Erak it's a Promium

#812 7 years ago

I will eat a live bat if this isn't just a re-skin of the 2008 game that no one really cares about.

#813 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

How many of you wanked off to that episode with Batgirl chained up?

She was just warming up for Jeannie. "How can I please you master?"

The world wouldn't be the same without the both of them.

#818 7 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

Our local distributor was advised by email of estimated australia price;
$11,000 - Prem
$14,000 - LE
$15,000 - SLE
Previous price structure here was;
$8,150 - Pro
$10,650 - Prem
$12,500 - LE

premium gets playfield LCD?
LE gets playfield and back box LCD?
SLE all LCD and coming with a callgirl?

#819 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I will eat a live bat if this isn't just a re-skin of the 2008 game that no one really cares about.

Well they say it's an all new design retaining the crane.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

premium gets playfield LCD?
LE gets playfield and back box LCD?
SLE all LCD and coming with a callgirl?

They all get both LCDs according to the flyer. The SLE callgirl will probably already be there because they are friends of Gary.

And the art package is "iconic".

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#820 7 years ago

On threadless today

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#823 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Don't forget Star Trek too. She was in that 3 times (well one episode but multiple versions).

Lee-Meriwether-as-Losira-TOS-That-Which-Survives-6 (resized).jpgLee-Meriwether-as-Losira-TOS-That-Which-Survives-6 (resized).jpg

#824 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Yeah, it's going to be basically the same game, or they wouldn't have bothered keeping the crane

It's funny the crane is a pretty pedestrian feature on an undistinguished game. I haven't heard so many comments about how awesome it is until this thread.

#825 7 years ago

Anyone recall the Mr Freeze episode where they were in an icey cell, I recall there was a cute chick with a bikini but can't find any pictures, but as a young kid, and that being TV I was intrigued by the amount of skin they showed.

#826 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, it's going to be basically the same game, or they wouldn't have bothered keeping the crane
It's funny the crane is a pretty pedestrian feature on an undistinguished game. I haven't heard so many comments about how awesome it is until this thread.

You guys want to make a few wagers? It's NOT basically the same game, it's "all new". How much?

Unless it just makes you feel better, no need to hate on it before you've seen it

#827 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Not sure if this has been mentioned as I just skimmed through this thread after coming back from holidays.
I really want this pin if it's good. But I feel like Stern is really hurting their market.
And what happened to the importance of building pro pins to suit the needs of their target buyers the route operators.
Spiderman VE, and now batman 66 are not priced for operators.
If this pin is not completely packed with features. A High quality art package and wire form or metal ramps and not plastic I'm going to pass.
Unfortunately my fear is this "new" model is what is going to be the norm. Because of the LCD display hype. And that they under estimated the orders of GB.
Think they can cash in on a retro theme being a success at just a "bit" of a higher price in the pinball world if they name it differently and hype it up for expo.
I hope I'm wrong. Because Batman 66 is one of my dream themes. But I guess I'll find out at expo.

I think a lot of folks are missing the point on the "no pro" lineup. I don't think this is a future trend, or a cash grab as I originally suspected. After talking to my distributor, and another local distributor here that I work with, I anticipate they will go back to the old way of doing things with the next model. From what the Distros are being told, Gary is marketing this pin pretty much to collectors only, and there is no real intention to drive route sales on this model. These are an anniversary issue, and they anticipate much fewer sales and very limited runs. Remember, it has 2 LCD's, and they are promising a ton of other features...many of which might not fare well on a routed pin. Also, the more features it has, the higher the price they need to charge, so they are fully aware it becomes less cost-effective for a route operator to purchase one and try to make his money back a few quarters at a time. So somewhere along the line, they made the decision not to price this for route. I know there are a lot of individuals that can't afford anything but a Pro, and it leaves them hanging out in the wind.....(I'm not saying I agree with the decision, I am just relaying what I am told). The pricing model is set up knowing 99% of these will be purchased for private collections. This is also why Stern is requiring the deposit be sent directly to them. They know they are going to sell limited numbers, so they don't want to stock a bunch of units or parts that will sit in a warehouse.....they want a deposit up front, so they know the buyer is committed, and they have the Capital to purchase the parts. They manufacture only to demand, and very little more if any. If we take all of the emotion out of this and stand back and look at it logically, it makes perfect sense. So I think we can all exhale on the pricing...they are not doing away with Pros all together. However, this does give a lot of credibility to the thread debates on whether the bulk of Stern's income is still from route operators. I think this is a very good case in point that the customer base for Stern is shifting away from operators and more to private collectors. I would also think about availability of future parts for these units. If stern is marketing this as stated, they will likely not stock any game specific parts in large numbers, or for very long......this could also be why they are bringing back the crane....maybe they have several hundred mecs lying around somewhere? lesson learned......lol

#828 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Unfortunately my fear is this "new" model is what is going to be the norm.

There are also rumors that the premiums will be limited in number as well. Not sure if that's true or not but if it is this, I think this game is not the new Stern pricing model going forward for all new games. Perhaps this game is meant to be a special "one off" 30'th anniversary celebratory type of game? If they limited premiums to 500 games that's only about 800 total so in that case they would all be LE's compared to previous releases due to small number available. Pure speculation on my part.

Quoted from erak:

They were both the same game and features but art package was different so they were equivalent LE's no Super LE there.

Quoted from erak:

Because Batman 66 is one of my dream themes. But I guess I'll find out at expo.

My dream theme to! I'm hoping we get more details way before expo,like in another week or to. If the other rumors regarding a commitment date when pre-order deposits become non refundable then you would think that would happen before expo. You can't become non refundable before showing the game and they don't want people going to the meet and greet then just backing out afterwards so I think the full reveal will happen prior to expo.

#829 7 years ago

Also what does the crane have to do with Batman, was it even in TDK movies? Is it in the TV show? I mean as prominent part of either show or movie?

Anyway I'm interested, but (to me) I think they should provide some more details before I decide to spring for a LE. Likely Stern wants to get a jump on the Pat Lawler pin by locking up as much pre-order money as possible. Smart buisness move, but as pins breach $9000 I'm getting more picky it's not as was when you could get a Tron or IM for $4600 it's now nearly twice the price (for the full boogie pin).

#830 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

many of which might not fare well on a routed pin.

What does this mean? And how could you possibly know if this is true?

#831 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There have been a few different "Name the best toy or feature" threads on Pinside in the past. The Batman crane is always mentioned.
Its a top 5 toy for me and it really makes the game.

#832 7 years ago

Have you heard, there is a special "30th anniversary edition" pin coming out! Special, different, unique and set to mark a big occasion.

They aren't changing their core business model. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Congrats to Stern for 30 years of success, great accomplishment

#833 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Unless it just makes you feel better, no need to hate on it before you've seen it

There is plenty of reason to hate on it before seeing pictures. The biggest reason is that it is for sale right now, without pictures, or even a price.

It's really that there is no reason to be selling them without pictures or price. The bitching without info has as much right as the selling without info... In fact, bitching in that situation has more right. Bitch on Levi.

#834 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys want to make a few wagers? It's NOT basically the same game, it's "all new". How much?

I agree, we shouldn't crap on the game until we have pics and gameplay to crap on. We can however bitch about the way this game was released by Stern. Buying a new pin should be a joyful, exciting experience not an experience full of anxiety and uncertainty. Ok, price aside, if they simply released the pics and matrix of the game they would have made the buying experience that much better.

#835 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone recall the Mr Freeze episode where they were in an icey cell, I recall there was a cute chick with a bikini but can't find any pictures, but as a young kid, and that being TV I was intrigued by the amount of skin they showed.

You mean this? She was Ms Iceland in the show and Mr Freeze kidnaps her and tried to lower her body temp until she agrees to marry him.

otto-preminger-dee-hartford-in-e28098batman_-tv-series-november-1966 (resized).jpgotto-preminger-dee-hartford-in-e28098batman_-tv-series-november-1966 (resized).jpg

#836 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

What does this mean? And how could you possibly know if this is true?

I don't know it is true....I am just saying that it is possible. They are throwing a lot of words around like "special", "Packed", "new"....etc. So I am guessing there will be several features in this game. Of course we won't know until we see the layout. The more toys, the bigger chance of failure...the thing may be built like a tank and last forever for all I know.....I am told they are telling the Distros, that this is not being marketed as a route pin, so it is possible they may be adding features more suitable to lighter use....not saying they would break, but maybe there is a corner where a ball can get trapped easy, or maybe it is prone to longer ball times that an operator would not like, etc... If you take the operators out of the equation, it opens up a lot of options.

#837 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There is plenty of reason to hate on it before seeing pictures. The biggest reason is that it is for sale right now, without pictures, or even a price.
It's really that there is no reason to be selling them without pictures or price. The bitching without info has as much right as the selling without info... In fact, bitching in that situation has more right. Bitch on Levi.

I wouldn't expect anything less, from a group of natural bitchers and whiners, myself included.

It's hilarious to me to whine about "where are the pics", "where is the price", get it OR don't.

They sold all of the LE's, one is coming to me.

Let's recap:

Option A - Buy now and reserve your LE

Option B - Wait until you see the pics, play it and then decide

Let's all now whine about people picking Option A!

#838 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Also what does the crane have to do with Batman, was it even in TDK movies? Is it in the TV show? I mean as prominent part of either show or movie?

I've seen this comment many times before on Pinside and it just doesn't resonate with me. It's a pinball game created from a Hollywood fantasy movie based on a fictional character. So what if Stern added something for the imagination.

How this minor issue can distract from game play is beyond me.

Sorry Rai.

#839 7 years ago

Sometimes I just want to be an ice cream. Gotta love Yvonne Craig.

Yvonne-Craig (resized).jpgYvonne-Craig (resized).jpg

#840 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You mean this? She was Ms Iceland in the show and Mr Freeze kidnaps her and tried to lower her body temp until she agrees to marry him.

Must be that. Those were good shows IMO

#841 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Sometimes I just want to be an ice cream. Gotta love Yvonne Craig.

First, I would love a chance to melt that block of ice with her on it.......rarrrrrrrr

second, how do you guys all just 'Happen' to have these pics lying around? lol

#842 7 years ago

I could see them making the crane appear to be the bomb that Batman carried in the movie and have the chain be a lit fuse that counts done to the bomb. I LOVE YOU YVONNE!

#843 7 years ago

I'm slightly worried that is this is a super low production run, how much will Stern care about the code?

On the other hand, you'd expect Stern to always put its best effort into every pin as every super flop can put a bad taste in the mouth of a prospective buyer.

#844 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

» YouTube video

Rarehero....I've seen the videos, but never having played that version of Batman, I don't grasp the objective......is it just a bash toy that changes position? Or does it do something else?

#845 7 years ago

BDK was a fun game with some polarizing toys and bad audio clips. After updating the clips to the Batman films, it was a much better experience.

The crane toy was a lot of fun. The Joker reveal wasn't a toy, just a mech that opened. Changing out the Joker figure helped. The teeter totter was fun too, but didn't do a whole lot except trigger a switch.

The game has good bones, so a retheme could work if done properly.

#846 7 years ago

NM

#847 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The teeter totter was fun too, but didn't do a whole lot except trigger a switch.

It should have been incorporated as a visual ball lock. That would have given it some panache.

#848 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I think a lot of folks are missing the point on the "no pro" lineup. I don't think this is a future trend, or a cash grab as I originally suspected. After talking to my distributor, and another local distributor here that I work with, I anticipate they will go back to the old way of doing things with the next model. From what the Distros are being told, Gary is marketing this pin pretty much to collectors only, and there is no real intention to drive route sales on this model. These are an anniversary issue, and they anticipate much fewer sales and very limited runs. Remember, it has 2 LCD's, and they are promising a ton of other features...many of which might not fare well on a routed pin. Also, the more features it has, the higher the price they need to charge, so they are fully aware it becomes less cost-effective for a route operator to purchase one and try to make his money back a few quarters at a time. So somewhere along the line, they made the decision not to price this for route. I know there are a lot of individuals that can't afford anything but a Pro, and it leaves them hanging out in the wind.....(I'm not saying I agree with the decision, I am just relaying what I am told). The pricing model is set up knowing 99% of these will be purchased for private collections. This is also why Stern is requiring the deposit be sent directly to them. They know they are going to sell limited numbers, so they don't want to stock a bunch of units or parts that will sit in a warehouse.....they want a deposit up front, so they know the buyer is committed, and they have the Capital to purchase the parts. They manufacture only to demand, and very little more if any. If we take all of the emotion out of this and stand back and look at it logically, it makes perfect sense. So I think we can all exhale on the pricing...they are not doing away with Pros all together. However, this does give a lot of credibility to the thread debates on whether the bulk of Stern's income is still from route operators. I think this is a very good case in point that the customer base for Stern is shifting away from operators and more to private collectors. I would also think about availability of future parts for these units. If stern is marketing this as stated, they will likely not stock any game specific parts in large numbers, or for very long......this could also be why they are bringing back the crane....maybe they have several hundred mecs lying around somewhere? lesson learned......lol

I think this is a brilliant move by Stern and great for pinball. Ghostbusters & Star Wars have mass appeal and will be sure fire hits on location and will have Pro models. This new alternate / home collector focused way of doing things will open up the possibility of niche themes being done or themes not really appropriate for location play. Some themes that would fit into this model well would be
Evil Dead
Big Trouble in Little China
Slayer
Iron Maiden
Deadpool
Pulp Fiction
Saw
Etc.
Us pinheads have been calling for these themes for years. Maybe this new model is Stern's answer. Ifso will be exciting things to come!

#849 7 years ago

Dig Batgirl so much that I registered http://yvonnecraigbikiniparty.com to go to redirect to my website. No joke!

#850 7 years ago

I'm happy for those that want Batman '66, but....I still want Jaws '75

jaws_batman (resized).jpgjaws_batman (resized).jpg

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.