PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 142.
#701 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

"Lots" of GBLE's? I don't think "lots".
Premiums are on the line this week. LE's are done. A few might not have shipped yet.

Wrong! My Stern Tech JUST told me,Stern is still making GB/LEs this week,also,they are now in production of the Pabst Can Crusher,Batman66,not until next month! B66 LEs,are gone!I asked for a show of hands as to who had one ,and all they could squak about was not related to this thread!!

#704 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm really having trouble coming up with excuses NOT to buy it.

Read this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious

#706 7 years ago

Is anybody around here right?

#707 7 years ago

Sorry,computor error

#708 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I anybody around here right?

you feel LEFT out?

#709 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wrong! My Stern Tech JUST told me,Stern is still making GB/LEs this week,also,they are now in production of the Pabst Can Crusher,Batman66,not until next month! B66 LEs,are gone!I asked for a show of hands as to who had one ,and all they could squak about was not related to this thread!!

Did you distributor also try to sell you some swamp land in Florida?

#710 7 years ago

given there are only 30 supers, anyone think I am nuts when I reckon they will see for $20K AUD?

#711 7 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

given there are only 30 supers, anyone think I am nuts when I reckon they will see for $20K AUD?

Yes

#712 7 years ago

You might get offered one Mikey!

rd

#713 7 years ago

like from a business pov if you could get 20 or even 30k per super why not sell them at that price....

#714 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Want go halves RD

#715 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I chunk of these LE orders are just a cash grab. See RZLE. You'll see lots of FS ads with 1-2K markups, with info like "supposed to ship on date such-and-such."

GBLEs NIB and those used for a couple of days or weeks aren't selling with mark ups, or even at original retail (~€9500) in EU ... they're going for less, and some aren't selling at all.

Haven't kept up with the US, but are people really still paying over the original NIB price for '16 Sterns, now that the cat's out of the bag regarding how bad the problems are?

#717 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Not for this dude. Delays,defects, now an increase in price? No thanks I'll wait for them to fall by $1-3K in the secondary market if I like a new release. Stern's never ending price increases have put a stop to my NIB buying from them.

Right there with you.

#719 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I hope you all are doing well. I just read you had a 7.1 earthquake nearby and small Tsunami wave.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/01/asia/new-zealand-earthquake/index.html

#720 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But if it's just going to generate whining I can find other uses for my time.

Ha...you not reminding us (again & again) you're working on Alien; that is funny.

#721 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope you all are doing well. I just read you had a 7.1 earthquake nearby and small Tsunami wave.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/01/asia/new-zealand-earthquake/index.html

That's a daily occurrence around these parts. Esp for Mikey down in Christchurch

We live on the 15th floor of an apartment building and my wife felt the bed shaking at 4.37am ... And for once it wasn't me doing the shaking lol

rd

#722 7 years ago

Can't wait for this pin !

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's no wonder anyone involved with the industry leaves Pinside

You don't need to leave pinside...It just seems like the folks who are "involved with the industry" tend to adopt the non-opinionated less is more posting style (see zombie yeti)

#724 7 years ago

LE ordered!

#725 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Man, I am just tapped dry! I can't even contemplate this one, as much as I am sure it will be great with the LCD and all, that you kids want these days. Hobbit arrives in a couple of days. GB premium is only a couple weeks away. Alien with FT playfield when they start shipping. I'm already full, and my list of keepers has grown again to equal exactly all the machines I have in the house! I'm also over the LEs completely and only order premiums now, and all this just as the price and model designation shenanigans takes a new leg up! I can't be the only one, surely. Not that I care what anyone else does, and no one cares what I do, but I smell a little bit of a supply overhang.

You are not the only one. I make a nice living and have disposable income, but there are limits. My enjoyment of this hobby has to come from things beyond stuffing 5-8k games in a game room every six months. There are darn few good games from the last 30 years that can't be found in nice condition today. So I feel zero pressure to scoop up the latest offering of something that has not been played and tested by myself and others for a while.

#726 7 years ago

My concern is that this is more of a warmed over TDK pin. If it was all new they would not have worded the announcement as they did, they said designed by Gomez and coded by Lyman as was TDK, the crane stays so that's another clue that this is a refresh. Gomez is retired or doing other things besides full time pin design and it would save them time and money to reuse the framework of the rules like SMVE did. Not exactly the same but more like putting your coffee in the microwave for a few seconds is easier and cheaper than making a whole new pot of coffee.

I can't say that it will be a bad pin, but as TDK is never thought of as one of the best pins out, that leads me to think this will be like lipstick on a pig.

#727 7 years ago

If I were to buy a new pin, it would not be from the company that has a major playfield defect with current production games and deals with it by deleting social media questions and remaining silent on the issue.

#728 7 years ago

The "Joe Kaminkow is a hack" stuff is fascinating, way more fascinating than most of the same ol' Pinside bickering.

By the way, did you actually deuce in people's cereal or something, Aurich??!? The amount of crap people give you on this forum is staggering. It would turn me glutin free for sure.

#729 7 years ago

I like free gluten.

#730 7 years ago

I don't think I spelled that right.

#731 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Gomez is retired or doing other things besides full time pin design and it would save them time and money to reuse the framework of the rules like SMVE did

Gomez is the head of engineering and the designers, so he's very much still in the mix of things and around all this. He's just tasked to be the boss vs the grunt. Being a larger collaboration like this, he could be a driver without having to dedicate a full design cycle's investment. We don't know everyone's responsibilities in the project, but don't count Gomez as down and out.

#732 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My concern is that this is more of a warmed over TDK pin. If it was all new they would not have worded the announcement as they did, they said designed by Gomez and coded by Lyman as was TDK, the crane stays so that's another clue that this is a refresh.
I can't say that's bad, but as TDK is never thought of as one of the best pins out, that only leads me to think this will be like lipstick on a pig.

Very valid concern, and you may be correct.....but don't forget the 2 LCD's, and the fact Gary is trying to make this some kind of special show piece for the 30th anniversary. Hopefully that doesn't mean a re-fresh of TDK or maybe a VE of the TDK. Whatever it looks like, there will still be folks in line ready to hand over wads of cash...............

#733 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I don't think I spelled that right.

No, you're good.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/glutin

#734 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My concern is that this is more of a warmed over TDK pin. If it was all new they would not have worded the announcement as they did, they said designed by Gomez and coded by Lyman as was TDK, the crane stays so that's another clue that this is a refresh. Gomez is retired or doing other things besides full time pin design and it would save them time and money to reuse the framework of the rules like SMVE did. Not exactly the same but more like putting your coffee in the microwave for a few seconds is easier and cheaper than making a whole new pot of coffee.
I can't say that it will be a bad pin, but as TDK is never thought of as one of the best pins out, that leads me to think this will be like lipstick on a pig.

The crane is the only thing we know that is coming over. Rest of the pamphlet says this is a new game.

2 LCD screens. I'm sure the freaking coffee can is gone.

This is not lipstick on a pig, IMO.

#735 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Gomez is retired or doing other things besides full time pin design

Is this true? Huge bummer if it is. Blows my mind that the guy who made all these great modern pins is also responsible for Spy Hunter, Tapper, and many other arcade classics. Plus, he talked mad shit about J-Poop on a podcast, which is always entertaining.

That said, the pinball industry needs new blood.

#736 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Is this true? Huge bummer if it is. Blows my mind that the guy who made all these great modern pins is also responsible for Spy Hunter, Tapper, and many other arcade classics. Plus, he talked mad shit about J-Poop on a podcast, which is always entertaining.
That said, the pinball industry needs new blood.

Gomez is NOT retired. He is the VP of games a Stern, and has long been rumored to be in the wings to run the company after Gary retires.

#737 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Gomez is NOT retired. He is the VP of games a Stern, and has long been rumored to be in the wings to run the company after Gary retires.

Excellent news! Does this mean it will be Gomez Pinball? Or will he change his name to George Stern?

George Gomez-Stern?

#738 7 years ago

Gomez probably works harder now than he ever has. He's involved with every game now at Stern, as the boss of every team.

#739 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Excellent news! Does this mean it will be Gomez Pinball? Or will he change his name to George Stern?
George Gomez-Stern?

I'm sure it will stay Stern Pinball. The name has value......even after this summer of ghosting.

#740 7 years ago

Not sure I'll have the cash for one of these any time soon, but I am very impressed that a theme from this long ago has gotten so many people excited. It just goes to show it doesn't have to be from the 80s to sell.

I say if this is a hit, then lets get with the 60s and do Green Hornet, Man From Uncle, and Beverly Hillbillies next.

#741 7 years ago

And I can't believe Stern blew the chance to make a 35th Anniversary Berzerk pin. Perfect for a Tron retheme!

#742 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

And I can't believe Stern blew the chance to make a 35th Anniversary Berzerk pin. Perfect for a Tron retheme!

Maybe they will in 2021....when the actually have their 35th anniversary!

#743 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Maybe they will in 2021....when the actually have their 35th anniversary!

Aren't Stern Electronics and Stern Pinball one in the same? 'Cause you made me bust out the calculator. Berzerk came out in 1980!

#744 7 years ago

I hope they shoot flames out of the cabinet like I did on my MAME Bat-cade. I based this on the 66 batmobile.

bat-cade 5 (resized).JPGbat-cade 5 (resized).JPG

Bat-cade final (resized).JPGBat-cade final (resized).JPG

Bat-cade final (2) (resized).JPGBat-cade final (2) (resized).JPG

#745 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

2 LCD screens. I'm sure the freaking coffee can is gone.

Just wait till that coffee can is not only back, but opens to show you the joker on a 2" LCD screen!

But that might be a step up to Whoa Nelly's .25" LCD screen.

#746 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just wait till that coffee can is not only back, but opens to show you the joker on a 2" LCD screen!
But that might be a step up to Whoa Nelly's .25" LCD screen.

I literally LOLed. That would be awesome. I'd strangely respect Stern in a weird way if they actually did that!

#747 7 years ago

You guys can think what you want but it's "all new" except for the crane concept

Nothing "vault" about it

#748 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys can think what you want but it's "all new" except for the crane concept
Nothing "vault" about it

I bet it comes with the same old Stern balls.

#749 7 years ago

I guess we need to say over $10K before Christmas.

#750 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I literally LOLed. That would be awesome. I'd strangely respect Stern in a weird way if they actually did that!

Can you imagine the first time you see that after dropping 10K...and then hear the jokers laugh...shit that does sound halarious actually.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.