PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 142.
#6901 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Glare from translite- The LCD doesn't reflect at all, but the translite is BRIGHT. There may be a brightness control for it ( kind of doubt it, but didn't have time to tinker much), but the glare on pf glass was pretty strong at the rear of the playfield.

Spike 1 games (GOT and GB) have a setting to turn down the backglass leds. I set mine to 25%, which basically removes all glare from the glass in a dark environment. I suspect BM66 will also have this setting inside the standard adjustments.

#6902 7 years ago

Bat wax soulvent (resized).jpgBat wax soulvent (resized).jpg

#6903 7 years ago

Got an email that my our premium ships next week.

#6904 7 years ago

Anybody get an episode plaque yet instead of a bat gadget one? Curious to see how they look.

#6905 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Spike 1 games (GOT and GB) have a setting to turn down the backglass leds. I set mine to 25%, which basically removes all glare from the glass in a dark environment. I suspect BM66 will also have this setting inside the standard adjustments.

Excellent!!!...will check in the AM....

#6906 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My problem with the current LCD implementation, which will hopefully be resolved with future code updates, is this particular clip of the Joker mode. It literally repeats the same Joker video clip over and over, where he's flapping his gums and nothing is being said. It's like there is something wrong with the video and keeps skipping back to the beginning.. super annoying. They need to do more then just repeat video clips over and over with no audio.. maybe sync callouts to video clips or something.. but overall, I would consider this the worst LCD implementation on pinball so far (as far as interface and content goes) BUT.. I do like the size of the LCD and the location, so, my opinion could definitely change down the road..
» YouTube video

I couldn't agree more, the lack of audio and repeated video clips is disturbing but I'm really hopeful the future code will improve all that.

#6907 7 years ago
Quoted from cwales:

Got an email that my our premium ships next week.

Premiums already?

Still waiting for an email for my LE

I have my Adam and Burt signed card ready to install.

20161108_080458 (resized).jpg20161108_080458 (resized).jpg

#6908 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

c) Glare from translite- The LCD doesn't reflect at all, but the translite is BRIGHT. There may be a brightness control for it ( kind of doubt it, but didn't have time to tinker much), but the glare on pf glass was pretty strong at the rear of the playfield. I'll throw a sheet of PDI in there tomorrow and tinker a bit.

Great write up. Glad you're liking it so far.

There is an adjustment for the backbox / translight lighting on GOT. Standard adjustments #66 i believe. Should be there for BM66 too.

#6909 7 years ago

Oops. Frolic beat me to it.

#6910 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Let's not forget, its now been almost 3.5 months since the game was announced.

3.5 months let's not forget people are still waiting for games they paid for in 2013

#6911 7 years ago

Spoke w Mike at Automated this morning. He said he only found out yesterday that the toppers weren't shipping w the games!!!! He said they are due to ship early January straight from Stern.

Mike is a great guy, and said the LE's are long gone...I was fortunate to grab one.......

#6912 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

3.5 months let's not forget people are still waiting for games they paid for in 2013

why are you so engaged on pinside but not yet validated?

#6913 7 years ago

I really hope they have those voice call outs in the can already!

To put it gently Adam West is no spring chicken.

#6914 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why the hell am I too? Is that a requirement now?

#6915 7 years ago

I have to admit- I really want this machine and Ghostbusters. I've owned Stern's in the past and like them- but I never seem to love them. I can't put my finger on it.

My brother owns 13 Stern machines- and they all feel "cheap" as compared to the older 90's classics.

I did enjoy my Simpsons, SM, Transformers and POTC when I owned them- but never hesitated to trade 'em. Maybe it's that I've put a lot of time and effort into making my older machines are beautiful as I can (ramps, plastics, rubbers etc etc.)

I'm finding it hard to decide who gets traded next in my current collection....I love them all!

But will be happy to trade someday for a Batman 66!....(or GB!).

#6916 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Why the hell am I too? Is that a requirement now?

Think it has to do with donating as they can prove whom you are?

EDIT: If you click on your name in the upper right the first page talk aboot validating...

EDIT2: Oh sorry I think I didn't get your point.

#6917 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think it's funny you say I am so engaged on Pinside when you have more post on this thread then I have made in total on Pinside

#6918 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Grandma-Finds-The-Internet (resized).jpgGrandma-Finds-The-Internet (resized).jpg

CK (resized).pngCK (resized).png

ck2 (resized).pngck2 (resized).png

AIR (resized).pngAIR (resized).png

AIR2 (resized).pngAIR2 (resized).png

JY64 (resized).pngJY64 (resized).png

JY64_2 (resized).pngJY64_2 (resized).png

#6919 7 years ago

Stern Batman Stream going live in 10 min ....

#6920 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Stern Batman Stream going live in 10 min

https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

LTG : )

#6921 7 years ago

Odd how the LCD switches to old school dots sometimes, for instance to show Instant Info.

#6922 7 years ago

You pinheads need to make up your mind jar155 called me Kaneda the other day

#6923 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I think it's funny you say I am so engaged on Pinside when you have more post on this thread then I have made in total on Pinside

I also didn't just create my account 2 months ago and jump right into the thick of it. The question comes up because of your style, demeanor and content. You don't pass the sniff test

#6924 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You pinheads need to make up your mind jar155 called me Kaneda the other day

Actually I think he called you Jody.

#6926 7 years ago

so where is all the traffic after the deadflip stream??

#6927 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

so where is all the traffic after the deadflip stream??

There was some chatter on the other thread...but kind of SOS..... mostly haters, and some that appreciated the gameplay. It's a fun machine even w early code ( a new release coming Tuesday), but think most are tired of bickering about it. I just went and played pinball....

#6928 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

There was some chatter on the other thread...but kind of SOS..... mostly haters, and some that appreciated the gameplay. It's a fun machine even w early code ( a new release coming Tuesday), but think most are tired of bickering about it. I just went and played pinball....

I saw a bit of the stream. The gameplay looked fine. I didn't like the ball hangups, but that's life. I'm sure the code will be good, because it's Lyman. But that is all contradicted by the price. I respect that Stern didn't like to see flippers make money off of their work, so they raised games up to the flipper price level. But that means everyone pays the flipper price now. I don't see that as a sustainable model. However, if it works for them, great.

#6929 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I saw a bit of the stream. The gameplay looked fine. I didn't like the ball hangups, but that's life. I'm sure the code will be good, because it's Lyman. But that is all contradicted by the price. I respect that Stern didn't like to see flippers make money off of their work, so they raised games up to the flipper price level. But that means everyone pays the flipper price now. I don't see that as a sustainable model. However, if it works for them, great.

The code is in its infancy...I was amazed mine only got stuck a few times this early in the game....that disc has some serious potential, and hopefully they will nail the nuances of the code to eliminate that issue ( I will say I never had to pull the glass...better than some in my current lineup).

No one likes high prices, but a broken record there....wouldn't be so sure about flipping these are out of the question, especially after the code rocks...maybe the 3k to 7k stuff is over, but people will still pay for what they want...

Just destroyed my TRON clear disc...so in repair mindset now.....BM66 is a great machine, and will only get better....LE's will be highly enjoyed and sought after, imo, but too gassed to debate it...

#6930 7 years ago

Just caught the recorded stream. Some of the music is great like catwoman and penguin. Joker music though didnt impress me. I really liked the king tut music that was in the stern factory video that was posted earlier today.

Also saw batman66 service manual is up at stern website. Very detailed drawings on all the mechs in there. Funny they still call the crane the scarecrow crane in the manual.

Looking foward to the code getting posted on tuesday. If it works with pinball browser it will be good to hear all the callouts that are in there.

#6931 7 years ago

Also noticed the premium they were playing in the stream had batman and robin for the backbox decals. So maybe its an official change and not a mistake?

Do the LE's that people have recieved so far have batgirl for the backbox decals?

#6932 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Also noticed the premium they were playing in the stream had batman and robin for the backbox decals. So maybe its an official change and not a mistake?
Do the LE's that people have recieved so far have batgirl for the backbox decals?

Batgirl on my LE...she looks great!!!

#6933 7 years ago

And SOOO glad they made the pinblade art standard on the LE....the total package is a major visual hit in person!!!

#6934 7 years ago

The Deadflip live streaming was great, Lyman smashed the others with his scoring. Looks to be a great game to play.

#6935 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looking foward to the code getting posted on tuesday. If it works with pinball browser it will be good to hear all the callouts that are in there.

Probably will need an update for spike 2

#6936 7 years ago

What an awesome stream with an awesome group of pinheads.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by!
Again, this was a prototype machine with code that had JUST been tweaked and thrown on the machine. Overall a successful showing.

Here is the YouTube vid!

#6937 7 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

What an awesome stream with an awesome group of pinheads.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by!
Again, this was a prototype machine with code that had JUST been tweaked and thrown on the machine. Overall a successful showing.
Here is the YouTube vid!
» YouTube video

gracias for doing this

#6938 7 years ago

LCD is the perfect size

#6939 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Hmmm....good eye. Not sure what is going on with that insert.

easy fix - trace top side onto paper.
Flip paper trace to black sticker and install to the underside of the insert.
That should block the light shinning through.

#6940 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Batgirl on my LE...she looks great!!!

That makes 3 machines with the switched backbox decals (switched as far as what was shown on the fliers) so I'm assuming it wasn't a mistake then.

Since you've had it a few days now have you seen any signs of batgirl in the game via LCD or call outs? Other than the cab/trans art and the one plastic on the left side of the playfield there doesn't appear to be any reference to her anywhere else. It would be nice to have some kind of mini mode for here somewhere in the game.

Have you figured out how the minor villain (egghead, shame, bookworm, freeze, tut, mad hatter) modes work? They showed a little of it in the stream where you select one after you hit the left orbit TV shot when it lit but I couldn't tell if it actually did anything different once you selected a villain. Perhaps not fully coded yet?

#6941 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

easy fix - trace top side onto paper.
Flip paper trace to black sticker and install to the underside of the insert.
That should block the light shinning through.

The bottom of the insert is dark because there is a support asembly blocking the light.

20161231_100446 (resized).jpg20161231_100446 (resized).jpg

#6942 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That makes 3 machines with the switched backbox decals (switched as far as what was shown on the fliers) so I'm assuming it wasn't a mistake then.
Since you've had it a few days now have you seen any signs of batgirl in the game via LCD or call outs? Other than the cab/trans art and the one plastic on the left side of the playfield there doesn't appear to be any reference to her anywhere else. It would be nice to have some kind of mini mode for here somewhere in the game.
Have you figured out how the minor villain (egghead, shame, bookworm, freeze, tut, mad hatter) modes work? They showed a little of it in the stream where you select one after you hit the left orbit TV shot when it lit but I couldn't tell if it actually did anything different once you selected a villain. Perhaps not fully coded yet?

She does appear on the main LCD, can't remember where....I've made it to " choose your villain" several times, but can't tell what it's doing. Will be playing it more over the weekend, so I'll pay more attention ....

#6943 7 years ago

Hey xfassa,

I saw in the Batman66 manual from stern that it looks like the batsignal toy in the upper right corner is a CPU controlled lamp, lamp 132. I want to add that to my game when I get it. Can you snap a pic of what the connector to it looks like?

Have you noticed what events during the game (if any yet) trigger the batsignal?

bat_sig1 (resized).JPGbat_sig1 (resized).JPG

bat_sig2 (resized).JPGbat_sig2 (resized).JPG

#6944 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

The bottom of the insert is dark because there is a support asembly blocking the light.

I thought they were talking about the arm being washed out from the light. The lower insert I didnt notice.

bat oops (resized).jpgbat oops (resized).jpg

#6945 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hey xfassa,
I saw in the Batman66 manual from stern that it looks like the batsignal toy in the upper right corner is a CPU controlled lamp, lamp 132. I want to add that to my game when I get it. Can you snap a pic of what the connector to it looks like?
Have you noticed what events during the game (if any yet) trigger the batsignal?

Sorry for the delay.

Connected
20170101_214340 (resized).jpg20170101_214340 (resized).jpg

Disconnected
20170101_214225 (resized).jpg20170101_214225 (resized).jpg

#6946 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Sorry for the delay.
Connected

Disconnected

Thanks for the pics. So the next question is whether or not the LE and Premium machines have the source wiring already there for the batsignal. Can any LE/Prem users check to see if the batsignal control wiring is there or not?

If its not I guess you'd need the run the appropriate wire from the node board 8? I haven't had a spike game yet but I think playfield lamps/switches/coils are wired to the node board then the node board uses RJ45 connectors to the CPU in the back box?

Hopefully the code for SLE/LE/Prem is the same and the CPU controlled batsignal is triggered for all models. If they have unique code for the SLE and batsignal control is not there for LE/Prem models then you could just tie it in to one of the inserts on the game. Still not sure when the current code tells the batsignal to turn on. Maybe tied to the big batsignal in the center of the playfield?

bat_signal_wiring (resized).jpgbat_signal_wiring (resized).jpg

#6947 7 years ago

Game looks really nice -
I am curious what the service menu looks like with the transition to LCD
Any videos or pictures of that?

#6948 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Game looks really nice -
I am curious what the service menu looks like with the transition to LCD
Any videos or pictures of that?

Same as old....

#6949 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Same as old....

So same old graphics and interface but on the LCD - that's disappointing.

#6950 7 years ago

I wonder is one of the bat gadgets will be the bat hand broom?

0f87e939b72daa0ee4f9ce83a1b5340e4e03ad8c (resized).jpg0f87e939b72daa0ee4f9ce83a1b5340e4e03ad8c (resized).jpg

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.