PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 142.
#6752 7 years ago

That newspaper idea is just brilliant.

#6754 7 years ago

That's freaking cool!

#6755 7 years ago

Some crane action.

#6756 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's freaking cool!

It is. How long until it has a camera and also puts your picture in the paper? And then uploads it to social media over wi-fi. DMD is cool to me but this is a whole new world.

#6758 7 years ago

Thanks for the videos. I'm just a little bit surprised they didn't implement a way for the ball to NOT get trapped behind the crane ball when it goes to home position. It was pretty common on BDK and apparently will be the same for BM66. Speaking of the crane, I do like how the position has been changed so that when the crane is in the far left position it does not block the orbit. It does block the left ramp but it leaves the orbit open, which I feel is an improvement over the BDK layout.

#6759 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Ha! I asked the same question after I got home with it. A quick call to Stern revealed the topper will ship after the first of the year.

That is really lame. Stern is very good at not having their shut together.

#6760 7 years ago

Some Multiball action and the newspaper high score.

GAP - My wife (jokingly) said bullcrap when she saw your grand champion score. She is on a mission now.

#6761 7 years ago

10k and no topper in the box. lol.

#6762 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Honestly, I was a bit surprised Stern didn't mention it during pickup. When calling later in the day to inquire, Stern was sincerely apologetic. I can understand the confusion given the holiday rush. All good, look forward to installing the topper soon.

#6763 7 years ago

Could be they are sizing up demand for this topper and how much people will go out of their way to get one.

#6764 7 years ago

If anyone wants specific pics or vids, just let me know.

#6765 7 years ago

Thanks for the videos guys I just love the LCD-looks to be a fun game so far keep the videos coming please.

#6766 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Could be they are sizing up demand for this topper and how much people will go out of their way to get one.

My LE arrives tomorrow, and can assure you I will go out of my way to insure they know how disappointed I am if it's not in the box.

#6767 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My LE arrives tomorrow, and can assure you I will go out of my way to insure they know how disappointed I am if it's not in the box.

You tell 'em! That's sure to have a lasting impact and make them improve their ways!

#6768 7 years ago

Some Joker action.

#6769 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You tell 'em! That's sure to have a lasting impact and make them improve their ways!

Maybe toppers are like code now. You'll get it when you get it. If you're lucky...

#6770 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The topper is pretty big. Does it fit in the same box as the pin? It might need to be shipped separately.

#6771 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Some Multiball action and the newspaper high score. » YouTube video
GAP - My wife (jokingly) said bullcrap when she saw your grand champion score. She is on a mission now.

Is the Catwoman insert ghosting? (at about 30 seconds)

#6772 7 years ago

Xfassa I had game of my life. 890,00 in first ball, got and extra ball and has 27 x multiplier in first ball.

#6773 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

That newspaper idea is just brilliant.

Couldn't do that with dots! Adios dmd.

#6774 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Xfassa I had game of my life. 890,00 in first ball, got and extra ball and has 27 x multiplier in first ball.

Just so you know, your "game of my life" score is costing me play time.

#6775 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Just so you know, your "game of my life" score is costing me play time (wife still trying to get in the realm of your score).

#6776 7 years ago

It's great to see the simplified underside....

It now has more in common with the MMRs.....I'm assuming these will be easier to fix in the future.

Enjoy it!- that's a hellva' Christmas Present! .....looks great.

#6777 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Just so you know, your "game of my life" score is costing me play time.

Too funny!!!

#6778 7 years ago

Let me dream, man......

( think you downvoted me for some reason awhile back...truly have no idea why....can't remember the topic, but " snakesnsparklers" is an easy name to remember)

#6779 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Some Joker action. » YouTube video

Nice. Not floaty at all compared to that first video that was posted yesterday.

#6780 7 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

It's great to see the simplified underside....
It now has more in common with the MMRs.....I'm assuming these will be easier to fix in the future.
Enjoy it!- that's a hellva' Christmas Present! .....looks great.

Disagree. Blacknight might chime in on this... but it's now more expensive to replace a simple failed component. Also, how long will these special circuit boards be available for? Will you be able to get one in 10 years if yours fails? I much prefer being able to replace discreet through-hole components for pennies instead of swapping out a major circuit board that is 99% ok with a slight issue rendering it completely useless.

#6781 7 years ago

LOL. Karazy pinsiders will latch onto anything for negativity. Pics and vids of the game coming out, looks great and I'm seeing lots of enthusiasm. But one needs a new point to bitch about. Off with Stern's head since the topper did not ship at the same time. Haha. Serious? Haters going to hate. Welcome to pinside, where the community rules no longer mention "be positive".

#6782 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Is the Catwoman insert ghosting? (at about 30 seconds)

Hmmm....good eye. Not sure what is going on with that insert.

20161228_195027 (resized).jpg20161228_195027 (resized).jpg

#6783 7 years ago

GAP - what is the angle of your table? At 6.5 deg, a single ball won't roll out when the post drops. I had to raise the legs to get a 7.5 deg table angle to get it to work properly.

20161228_195044 (resized).jpg20161228_195044 (resized).jpg

#6784 7 years ago

I don't think the topper will fit in the box. Highly unlikely.

#6785 7 years ago

6.5 degrees. my bubble is between the 2 lines

#6786 7 years ago

Disagree. Blacknight might chime in on this... but it's now more expensive to replace a simple failed component. Also, how long will these special circuit boards be available for? Will you be able to get one in 10 years if yours fails? I much prefer being able to replace discreet through-hole components for pennies instead of swapping out a major circuit board that is 99% ok with a slight issue rendering it completely useless.

Dude, when your looking for validation from xTheBlackKnightx, that's like grasping at straws.

#6787 7 years ago

Already addressed in earlier post.

#6788 7 years ago
Quoted from jms121:

do you install it yourself?

How else do you think it will get up there ?

LTG : )

#6789 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Dude, when your looking for validation from xTheBlackKnightx, that's like grasping at straws.

Not looking for validation at all. My post stands alone, but I do share some ideas with respect to new large single PCBs that replace discreet components.

#6791 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

How else do you think it will get up there ?
LTG : )

Yea I thought LEs and Super LEs come with toppers,but I guess they don't install them at the factory,maybey don't fit in the box.

#6792 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

GAP - what is the angle of your table? At 6.5 deg, a single ball won't roll out when the post drops. I had to raise the legs to get a 7.5 deg table angle to get it to work properly.

That post looks like it's not flush w play field....usually a quick adjustment under the play field to lower slightly ( use a tad of threadlock when you get it perfect)......

#6793 7 years ago

While not an early "I'm in" adopter, this game is certainly growing on me as more user experiences, videos and pics come in. Looking forward to giving it a try when one pops up near me on location.

#6794 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Can't see any problems with that insert.

#6795 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That post looks like it's not flush w play field....usually a quick adjustment under the play field to lower slightly ( use a tad of threadlock when you get it perfect)......

In the pic, the post is all the way up (default position). I think the problem is the ball sits in that arrow groove and can't roll out. When the post drops to free the ball, the ball just sits in that groove. When the post pops back up, it brushes the ball causing it to roll back and then forward. Unfortunately, when it rolls forward, it hits the post and falls back into the arrow groove.

#6796 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can't see any problems with that insert.

I think its just the led not fully illuminating the insert.

#6797 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That post looks like it's not flush w play field....usually a quick adjustment under the play field to lower slightly ( use a tad of threadlock when you get it perfect)

I'd assume this to be the case as well. But if not, that's a different story. Answers are needed.

#6798 7 years ago

Not looking for validation at all. My post stands alone, but I do share some ideas with respect to new large single PCBs that replace discreet components.

You need to look more closely or at least stop assuming. The transistors on the mini driver boards are through hole. Those are the ones that fail by far the most and Stern made sure they are readily available parts and user replaceable.

#6799 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

In the pic, the post is all the way up (default position). I think the problem is the ball sits in that arrow groove and can't roll out. When the post drops to free the ball, the ball just sits in that groove. When the post pops back up, it brushes the ball causing it to roll back and then forward. Unfortunately, when it rolls forward, it hits the post and falls back into the arrow groove.

Wow...if that's the "fully up " position of the post, then it looks low ( maybe the camera angle). I just know on a few of my games ( specifically, IMVE) that post had to be spot on....too high and it would act like you mention...too low, and it " cradled" the ball. Good luck....let us know what you find.....

#6800 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Sorry. I mean the one in the middle of the playfield. Seems to be flickering....talking about the LED.

I guess ghosting is the wrong term to use

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/136?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.