New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167575)

Batman 66 by Stern new info

By GAP

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,142 posts
  • 604 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bamatami
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who was the Hottest woman to play Catwoman”

• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 142.
#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol..oh man, that music..oof. Sorry folks the game play is not there yet. Now seriously how many of you are going to cancel?

Look at episodes with the "Batusi" of the Riddler or Tut and the incidental music of the fight scenes. Excoriating the music would be wrong. It fits this theme perfectly.

#6604 3 years ago

There's no way telling when that video was taken. My guess it was back in October or possibly last month. Going to assume on the 30th when live stream is up, we'll be returning Christmas gifts to scrounge up change to acquire one! Too much riding on this game with Sam 2, LCD screen, price tag, Stern has to knock it out of the park.

Other thought...it could be where the code is today. Posted 7 days early to read comments and reactions on FB and Pinside to make quick changes before the main event. I'm certain posting the video served a purpose, more than just a tease.

Really stoked with what I'm seeing so far, can't wait to see some real game play.

#6605 3 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

It wold be nice if Stern would actually use someone to professionally shoot some video, instead of shitty shaky cell phone camera footage.
I agree about the soundtrack.. sounds nice.

I wonder if it was the same guy that did the Dialed In reveal at Expo? I still feel sick thinking about that video stream...

#6606 3 years ago

I hope that actual animations get added in. I don't really like LCDs being used for clip shows. I'll really, really miss dots if that's where JJP, Stern, and the rest end up going with things.

#6607 3 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

How much of the original series have you watched my young friend

I watched 6 episodes on the plane to expo. Theme song was stuck in my head all week.
Yes.... I think I'm too young to appreciate this pin

#6608 3 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

How much of the original series have you watched my young friend

4 years old when it came on at what my parents called bedtime. No fair my older brother gets to watch it. So I quietly sneaked back out there.

Those clips of Penguin taunting are insane.

#6609 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

From what I can see, the only real similarities to BDK are the scoop and spinner on right, and of course the crane. It does seem to shoot quite differently from BDK.

Pin looks cool but I call bullshit there. Crane and Vuk. And spinner the same. Left orbit to kick out same, right orbit same. Centre ramp very much the same spot. 6 stand up targets on left... same! Stand up on right same, where crane comes to rest same.

I appreciate if you put the money into this pin that you may be overlooking that it's a bdk make over but that's what it is guys.

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

not supposed to shoot footage sober, sheeshhh...

Explains alot....I'll refine my approach.....

#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I appreciate if you put the money into this pin that you may be overlooking that it's a bdk make over but that's what it is guys.

Never owned BDK so dont really care if it's a retheme.

#6612 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Never owned BDK so dont really care if it's a retheme.

Well you will appreciate it better I guess.

#6613 3 years ago

For those that's saying this is a rehash canister toy is gone teeter totter is gone, drop target and ball lock is gone stupid mini playfield is gone, and appears to now have one of the most intricate toy in pinball history. Just sayin

#6614 3 years ago

Ohh all new display new rules new art

#6615 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

4 years old when it came on at what my parents called bedtime. No fair my older brother gets to watch it. So I quietly sneaked back out there.
Those clips of Penguin taunting are insane.

I was 6, and allowed to stay up and watch most of the time. The cool thing for me was this was PRIME TIME TV!!! A different era, for sure, but the whole family would watch the show, and we would talk about "what would happen next" scenario's.

Can't say I necessarily miss those days, but can assure you this pin, with the clips, will certainly stir thoughts of the past, probably a key reason the machine appeals to me so much.

#6616 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

For those that's saying this is a rehash canister toy is gone teeter totter is gone, drop target and ball lock is gone stupid mini playfield is gone, and appears to now have one of the most intricate toy in pinball history. Just sayin

you abslutely LOVE every new game...

until the next one.

Love you D, but just sayin...

This thing could be called cheap rehash poop toys and you would think it is the best thing... till the next one comes out.

#6617 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Pin looks cool but I call bullshit there. Crane and Vuk. And spinner the same. Left orbit to kick out same, right orbit same. Centre ramp very much the same spot. 6 stand up targets on left... same! Stand up on right same, where crane comes to rest same.

Actually that's exactly why I brought one! I loved the crane on my BDK but the teeter totter and upper playfield sucked big time and as much as I actually liked the joker drop and lock, always felt a satisfying shot the canister just ruined the look of the area.

So as soon as I heard the BDKVE rumours I was interested once those rumours changed to remake and the junk (teeter totter, upper playfield and canister) was all being replaced it had my full interest, if the new rotating toy is half as good and well integrated as the crane was in BDK then this pin will have 2 of Sterns best pinball toys, that's not something I need to over look

#6618 3 years ago

from the video, this looks pretty boring and I am surprised/not surprised at all the defensive speak about it already. Increasing the price tag means even more defensive rich guys hoping it will hold its value over time.

This one is destined for tons of QC issues (they still dont have the pf ghosting figured out), poor total sales which will be reflected in lackluster code that does not get finished, and a ton of fanboys defending the garbage.

The right side is just rehash, the theme is just rehash, the art is old and form the 60s. The only thing new or possibly exciting is the spinning toy and it appears pretty boring in all honesty.

I guess the embossed art is a new thing and kind of cool, but lets be honest, who goes around touching the sides of a game or even seeing it once in a row.

Next please.

#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

No, no it's a..............re-imagining.

349b992b1076d4a8ec349d3672f706e1 (resized).jpg

#6620 3 years ago

I do usually love every new game but skipped ghostbusters, just not for me and think it does not play good at all; I love the open layout and think LYMAN will give us some killer code on this game; plus I have been waiting for their new display forever

#6621 3 years ago

Well it looks very bright and vivid with the colors. I am liking the direction that Stern is going with lately using bright colorful graphics, just like Ghostbusters Batman66 really pops. I also really like the Spinning playfield mech. I bet Gomez and the team got a hard on designing it, it looks really cool and intricate. One thing I heard was there are going to be tons of clips from the show that display on screen. Could it become a distraction from trying to play and watch the ball? Then there is the price tag. I know pricing has been discussed in the last 133 pages but will this game be worth the coin? Tis the question

#6622 3 years ago

Super pumped to show this one off.
Hope you folks tune in!

Much like The Ghostbusters reveal, I'm not gonna play any games before hand so we can discover shots and modes together.

BIFF!

#6623 3 years ago

Surprised this thread isnt blowing up with the gameplay video finally up

Looks really good the art and sounds are great, I really like the origional score. And the lcd looked great too, lots of video, I like the paper with the new high score ect. Rotating section looks neat too. Should be a great game!

Now if only they had a pro version..

#6624 3 years ago

bof about the music while playing... i was not far to fall asleep watching the video...

kidding of course, as its linked to the theme, but personnaly i prefer something more "powerfull"

#6625 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

from the video, this looks pretty boring and I am surprised/not surprised at all the defensive speak about it already. Increasing the price tag means even more defensive rich guys hoping it will hold its value over time.
This one is destined for tons of QC issues (they still dont have the pf ghosting figured out), poor total sales which will be reflected in lackluster code that does not get finished, and a ton of fanboys defending the garbage.
The right side is just rehash, the theme is just rehash, the art is old and form the 60s. The only thing new or possibly exciting is the spinning toy and it appears pretty boring in all honesty.
I guess the embossed art is a new thing and kind of cool, but lets be honest, who goes around touching the sides of a game or even seeing it once in a row.
Next please.

Captain catharsis, why are you on this (and every thread) spewing your pinball rhetorical from your temerity analysis of a few pictures and 10 second clips of proleptical code. Are you aware, you are not the definitive ambassador of thought for pinball on design, theme or how one spends money. No amount of your pinball gibberish will help venerate your standing in this forum.

#6626 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

rehash poop toys

TH Trolls

#6627 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Looks really good the art and sounds are great, I really like the origional score. And the lcd looked great too, lots of video, I like the paper with the new high score ect. Rotating section looks neat too. Should be a great game!

Perhaps, they might release a pro, if super popular. This games potential is astounding.

#6628 3 years ago

IMO this was a perfect game to implement the new system and display with little risk to them while having the consumer absorb the costs. Even if it does'nt sell well it transitions the new platform.

Most all of the tooling, rd and main hardware for the playfield were finished already. Smart move by Stern if you ask me but im not buying

#6629 3 years ago

It looks like it 'sold well' already. 80 sle, 240 LE already sold to distributors. Any premiums they sell will be gravy...
The next PRO will be Aerosmith. You won't see a pro of batman 66

Quoted from hoby1:

IMO this was a perfect game to implement the new system and display with little risk to them while having the consumer absorb the costs. Even if it does'nt sell well it transitions the new platform.
Most all of the tooling, rd and main hardware for the playfield were finished already. Smart move by Stern if you ask me but im not buying

#6630 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You won't see a pro of batman 66

Pro seems doubtful. Besides the slide support rails I dont anything you could take out to make it a pro.

I think this pin needed the higher price point due to Kapow being involved. Similar to Whoa Nellie having a higher than expected price to cover Whiz Bang.

#6631 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

They do. It's called a premium.

#6632 3 years ago

Yep. And why would they make a pro for this rehash when BDK did not have a pro. Unless you consider the cosco version

Ya know when they did Shrek they didn't charge double the money

#6633 3 years ago

I really appreciate that game play video. The sounds, video and theme immersion are awesome so far! I was a bit disappointed in how the phone on the playfield looked until I saw it lit up brightly during the hurry up mode. I'm happy with what I see so far. It'll now come down to how it feels to make the shots and how interactive the villains' involvement seems.

#6634 3 years ago

That video is horrible. It's just bad. I swear most six year old kids can do better. What a mess

#6635 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

They do. It's called a premium.

I suppose I ment pro 'priced' one lol

#6636 3 years ago
Quoted from woz:

I wonder if it was the same guy that did the Dialed In reveal at Expo? I still feel sick thinking about that video stream...

Nah That was a JJP employee and the reason it was so bad is I kept shoeing him out of the way of my stream from expo

#6637 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It looks like it 'sold well' already. 80 sle, 240 LE already sold to distributors. Any premiums they sell will be gravy...
The next PRO will be Aerosmith. You won't see a pro of batman 66

Understand the meaning of perhaps and potential.

#6638 3 years ago

Not sure what to make of this. BM66 Pre purchases will be delivered before year's end? Seems unlikely.

sternxmas (resized).jpg

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Next please.

Still a little sour cause Stern wouldn't let you in their club, eh?

It's a freakin TEASER video already.

I would guess that even after it gets released, it'll a while before code is done. THAT'S when you judge a game.
e.g. TWD, Metallica, ACDC...

#6640 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I really appreciate that game play video. The sounds, video and theme immersion are awesome so far! I was a bit disappointed in how the phone on the playfield looked until I saw it lit up brightly during the hurry up mode. I'm happy with what I see so far. It'll now come down to how it feels to make the shots and how interactive the villains' involvement seems.

High score and match bits are amongst the best I've ever seen for theme integration and creativity. Cracked me up.

#6641 3 years ago

George Gomez confirmed Batman66 is a 6 ball game not 8. It was originally 8 but they decided 6 works better after playing it a bit. Interview is pretty good. In addition to Batman66 he talks about new spiderman consumer pin, recent price hikes, and playfield ghosting. Read it here:

http://www.pinball-magazine.com/

#6643 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

It's just a modded up Costco / Batman lite.

#6644 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Download limit exceeded.

Same here.

#6645 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Not sure what to make of this. BM66 Pre purchases will be delivered before year's end? Seems unlikely.

They're still making GOT and WWE???

#6646 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They're still making GOT and WWE???

Yep!! In production for 3 year just like all other Sterns lately. Star Trek has been moved out. http://sternpinball.com/games

#6647 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yep!! In production for 3 year just like all other Sterns lately. Star Trek has been moved out. http://sternpinball.com/games

Yep met sld be about done also

#6648 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep met sld be about done also

They just renewed it.. METs will be built for awhile yet.

#6649 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They just renewed it.. METs will be built for awhile yet.

As they sld.... probably the best pro they have made

#6650 3 years ago

Weird that Whoa Nelly is still sticking around though??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside