New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167575)

Batman 66 by Stern new info

By GAP

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,142 posts
  • 604 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bamatami
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who was the Hottest woman to play Catwoman”

• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 142.
#6301 3 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Just four BM66s a day? With a new factory they have been in for what 18 months? I don't mind waiting but the way Stern operates and manages its business, from the outside looking in, is sad. Who the hell is running the operation? Stern has people wanting to spend outrageous money but cant produce, over and over again, to meet reasonable demand. Sounds as history is repeating itself as how Bally got in the game, back in the day, if I recall correctly.
If Stern or JJP or CGC PPS could produce machines in a timely manner, made in America, Life would be better for all of us.

Why are we even speculating production and delivery dates on this machine, when Stern hasn't even released a gameplay video - let alone a livestream with Dead Flip like they did with GB?

#6302 3 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

If Stern or JJP or CGC PPS could produce machines in a timely manner, made in America, Life would be better for all of us.

Not fair to put Stern in the same category with PPS and JJP... Stern may be late by a month or two but the other two are usually off by a year or two... if you're lucky!

#6303 3 years ago

127 pages and no video

#6304 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Not fair to put Stern in the same category with PPS and JJP... Stern may be late by a month or two but the other two are usually off by a year or two... if you're lucky!

Yeah...but post-launch support is the shortest from Stern than anybody else. You might wait longer on JJP, Spooky, or whatever, but they'll keep updating their product more regularly after release. Games with never-to-be-used inserts, shoddy coded releases, and really long gaps between game updates all point to an approach that favors speed over quality and commitment. I like Stern's games plenty, but they're never quite ready when they come off the line.

#6305 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah...but post-launch support is the shortest from Stern than anybody else.

CGC's support was simply amazing!

#6306 3 years ago

OK,I just got this: Stern Factory currently shutting down for the holidays.Christmas party tomorrow afternoon,when production line shut down ,stocked,cleaned!Production will resume 1-9-17!Nebody else hear this???

#6307 3 years ago

Nothing wrong with taking a holiday.

#6308 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,I just got this: Stern Factory currently shutting down for the holidays.Christmas party tomorrow afternoon,when production line shut down ,stocked,cleaned!Production will resume 1-9-17!Nebody else hear this???

Many business shut down for two week all vacations taken at that time

#6309 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

They shut down for certain, but I guess this answers the "will we see BM66 before Christmas?"

#6310 3 years ago

They did
Not shut down guys; who comes up with this crap

#6311 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

They did
Not shut down guys; who comes up with this crap

Well, Stern closes for a couple of weeks over the holidays every year. Not sure why it would be all that different now.

#6312 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Seems unusual for a factory to shut down for 3 full weeks. Especially if there is a backlog of orders.

#6313 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I agree.. where/whats happened to the next remake from PPS?

#6314 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Putting out a game quicker then your competition doesn't mean much when there's quality issues and a lack of substantial code updates (more then bug fixes and minor tweaks).

Really its not fair to put JJP in the same category as Stern or PPS when they are the only pinball company that is putting out substantial code updates on a near monthy basis.

#6315 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Seems unusual for a factory to shut down for 3 full weeks. Especially if there is a backlog of orders.

They usually shut down the week between Xmas and New Year. You can't send an entire factory home with no pay for 3 weeks, and I doubt very seriously they are going to give the staff a 3-week paid vacation.

#6316 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

They usually shut down the week between Xmas and New Year. You can't send an entire factory home with no pay for 3 weeks, and I doubt very seriously they are going to give the staff a 3-week paid vacation.

With what they are getting for BM66, they just might be able to swing it...

#6317 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really its not fair to put JJP in the same category as Stern or PPS when they are the only pinball company that is putting out substantial code updates on a near monthy basis.

JJP has two games... TWO games in their arsenal. They should have enough time to go to each customers house and install it for them... monthly!

#6318 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

JJP has two games... TWO games in their arsenal. They should have enough time to go to each customers house and install it for them... monthly!

pretty sure Stern has a similar development schedule as JJP and Stern have not had to build a new framework/foundation liek JJP.

There is really ZERO excuse for Sterns inability to deliver good code at release and great code shortly thereafter, with monthly code updated till complete.

#6319 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Stern put out essentially one new game this year. We got Ghostbusters. Yeah, Pabst came out (no intense coding there), and Spider-Man VE (again, no intense coding) did as well, but Stern's release schedule cannot be used an excuse for such piss poor code releases and scheduling.

#6320 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There is really ZERO excuse for Sterns inability to deliver good code at release and great code shortly thereafter

They have ZERO reason to do anything different! Buyers keep buying and they keep selling out their games.

#6321 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

but Stern's release schedule cannot be used an excuse for such piss poor code releases and scheduling.

and yet you keep buying...

SEND MONEY NOW!

#6322 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

SEND MONEY NOW!

I do? No, not me. Until major changes come, I'm done buying Stern games or products. I hope they continue to make good games for those that are buying, and I'm still interested as a player, but I'm out of the NIB game with them.

#6323 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I do? No, not me. Until major changes come, I'm done buying Stern games or products. I hope they continue to make good games for those that are buying, and I'm still interested as a player, but I'm out of the NIB game with them.

Yes, you do... You have a GB correct? Stern has pretty much been doing this for years...

#6324 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yes, you do... You have a GB correct? Stern has pretty much been doing this for years...

*cough* https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-been-a-long-time-stern-pinball-fan-but-im-done-with-them *cough*

I hit my breaking point with them.

#6325 3 years ago

In reality, 95% of people playing pinball have no clue about the code. Buying NIB, is fun, and with every code change,
the pin is a better experience. Likely , I will buy only selective new releases, rather than every one. Prices are ridiculous,
So my interest has changed. It's a hobby, how many pins does anyone need.

#6326 3 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

In reality, 95% of people playing pinball have no clue about the code.

While that's true for location play, collectors very much care about code. I held off buying an AC/DC Premium until code matured. I know lots of people that passed on Metallica initially but came back when code improved. Mustang went from fairly lame to excellent via code updates. It's very important to most Pinsiders and collectors.

#6327 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure Stern has a similar development schedule as JJP and Stern have not had to build a new framework/foundation liek JJP.
There is really ZERO excuse for Sterns inability to deliver good code at release and great code shortly thereafter, with monthly code updated till complete.

Unfortunately, the guys writing code seem to be working on at least 2 games at any given time. I'm sure the upcoming release would be the priority.

#6328 3 years ago

Surely Stern are going to drop some big code updates pre Christmas?

Been the worst year ever regarding code updates so will be stunned if nothing before the end of the year.

#6329 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Surely Stern are going to drop some big code updates pre Christmas?
Been the worst year ever regarding code updates so will be stunned if nothing before the end of the year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

#6331 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They are committed

If you pre-order, you should be committed.

#6332 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

While that's true for location play, collectors very much care about code. I held off buying an AC/DC Premium until code matured. I know lots of people that passed on Metallica initially but came back when code improved. Mustang went from fairly lame to excellent via code updates. It's very important to most Pinsiders and collectors.

Problem with that approach is you mostly miss out on the LE,s

If I really like a theme, I'm happy to get the LE when I can and code can come later.

#6333 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

If you pre-order, you should be committed.

Same could be said if you buy NIB and then complain about code.

#6334 3 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

If I really like a theme, I'm happy to get the LE when I can and code can come later.

I have a Metallica LE. Didn't buy it until after the legit code dropped. It's not that hard, it just requires something few have here, called patience.

#6335 3 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I get that, but Stern's been slipping hard on code support. I have a GBLE and I don't really have all that much hope that the game is going to be coded up to its full potential. It's a great game right now, but there's so much more that they could do with it. It's essentially the same game today as it was when it released with just a few adjustments added and new video mode. Very little has been done to the game, and the wizard modes are in dire need of attention.

#6336 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have a Metallica LE. Didn't buy it until after the legit code dropped. It's not that hard, it just requires something few have here, called patience.

To be fair to Paul others not in the USA it is not always that easy as markets are smaller. If there are only two games and no one wants to sell you have to import. To import you need to find a seller willing to work with you and there are a few other hassles to deal with too such as defeating Stern's measures to make USA games not work out of the USA.

#6337 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not so hard for you guys in the USA, damn near impossible here. Usually only 2 LE's end up here.

#6338 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sterns inability to deliver good code at release and great code shortly thereafter, with monthly code updated till complete.

makes sense if they are using agile for code changes.

#6339 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I get that, but Stern's been slipping hard on code support. I have a GBLE and I don't really have all that much hope that the game is going to be coded up to its full potential. It's a great game right now, but there's so much more that they could do with it. It's essentially the same game today as it was when it released with just a few adjustments added and new video mode. Very little has been done to the game, and the wizard modes are in dire need of attention.

I agree. I'll be really bummed if they do nothing else to GB or GOT prem/le for the upper playfield.

#6340 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

CGC's support was simply amazing!

I know you're trying to be funny, but in my case the support was/is fantastic.

#6341 3 years ago

I heard again that 2nd or 3rd week of January is the expectation to start shipping. Seems pretty likely at this point. Not too far away now.

#6342 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I wasn't putting Stern in the same category as the others. You guys fight that one out at will.

My point was that Stern is a second generation business that has been around for decades, but performs less than I would expect from them, given their advantage against the newer start-up pinball businesses. I would think if the biz was managed and operated better it would be producing more and the quality it produces the first time is higher. The end game for biz is making money, and poor quality work in an untimely manner bodes poorly for any biz, especially one that has been established for so long. Lucky for Stern et al so many sick F's have enough money to feed their Pinball Jones. But I get it, their biz plan must be centered around keeping demand high with supply low so prices soar. Gotta love America and capitalism.

#6343 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I heard again that 2nd or 3rd week of January is the expectation to start shipping. Seems pretty likely at this point. Not too far away now.

Let's hope for a gameplay video before Stern Close for Xmas. Otherwise it will be 3rd or 4th week of Jan before we see gameplay videos

#6344 3 years ago

In honor of my favorite thread in 2016, Vid should go over to Stern headquarters with his 2 Eastern European friends, piss on the side of the building, and then rough up Stern's son. While he is there Stern can get him to do some free repairs too

#6345 3 years ago

Maybe today will be the day guys fingers crossed for video

#6346 3 years ago

I'm going out on a limb and predicting that Stern will not fix Catwoman art on initial machines.

It's been 2 months and they have not shown a corrected image, they said it will be fixed which is Stern speak for saying *some* machines will not have messed up PF art.

#6347 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

SEND MONEY NOW!

Quoted from jar155:

I do? No, not me.

lol

Yes you do. You bought the very last pin that they released, according to your own post!

Quoted from jar155:

Stern put out essentially one new game this year. We got Ghostbusters.

#6348 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Maybe today will be the day guys fingers crossed for video

I hear dec. 30th for gameplay stream, 6pm EST.

#6349 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I hear dec. 30th for gameplay stream, 6pm EST.

i heard dec 31 at midnight CST.

#6350 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i heard dec 31 at midnight CST.

The difference is that my information will be confirmed as being accurate next week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside