PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 142.
#6201 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It'd be great if they start going out next week.

Agreed......that fits the window stated. We will see...

#6203 7 years ago

Santa Gary please send my game by Christmas.....

#6204 7 years ago

Looks like the ramp flap is still covering catwoman on the final playfield.

FB_IMG_1481432899869 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1481432899869 (resized).jpg

#6205 7 years ago

Apparently code isn't up to par to show the game quite yet. It's understandable, I guess. I do wonder if they're ship with skeleton code or delay shipping until a full 1.0 release code is ready to go.

#6206 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Hmmm, looks like an SLE but no Adam West signature on the card?

#6207 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hmmm, looks like an SLE but no Adam West signature on the card?

They stamp those on at the next station.

#6208 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Where was this pic from?

#6209 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Apparently code isn't up to par to show the game quite yet. It's understandable, I guess. I do wonder if they're ship with skeleton code or delay shipping until a full 1.0 release code is ready to go.

Supposedly SLEs are being delivered by Christmas. That's only two weeks away...

#6210 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where was this pic from?

Gomez

#6211 7 years ago

Video anybody Jared we want video

#6212 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Hmmm can't say I'm happy about that! For 10k those little details matter more than ever, especially when I'm sure I remember Gomez himself saying that the issue wouldn't make it to production models

#6213 7 years ago

Given this is the first LCD-based Stern machine, I would expect delays finishing the code. However, if they don't fix the playfield and backbox issues, I will be beyond disappointed.

#6214 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hmmm can't say I'm happy about that! For 10k those little details matter more than ever, especially when I'm sure I remember Gomez himself saying that the issue wouldn't make it to production models

Just like the misspelled gb playfields weren't supposed to go out. Now that's what they are sending out for replacements for the ghosting playfields lol. Sterns known for lots of misspelling and lack of attention to detail.....

#6215 7 years ago

I found this video.

#6216 7 years ago

at least you wouldn't have to worry about Cat woman's face on the PF ever getting dirty!

#6217 7 years ago

You wouldnt even know if it is catwoman

#6218 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I assumed that was a recent pic but it was actually posted on oct 13 on Gomez's facebook page.

So that explains why the card is not signed. It was taken at the stern expo tour. So don't assume thats the final playfield.

#6219 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just like the misspelled gb playfields weren't supposed to go out. Now that's what they are sending out for replacements for the ghosting playfields lol. Sterns known for lots of misspelling and lack of attention to detail.....

yep
while the money we gave to them was indeed 100% "good"...
but seriously, is someone here really being stunne with this ?

#6220 7 years ago

I completely agree about the flap covering Catwoman's head should be fixed. But modifying it or cutting a new smaller one couldn't be that difficult.

#6221 7 years ago

If GAP stated there were completed LE's on the line, I believe him. Suspect Chances are good they start shipping next week. What shape, gameplay wise, no one will know until video posts...from Stern or end user.....

#6222 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If GAP stated there were completed LE's on the line, I believe him. Suspect Chances are good they start shipping next week. What shape, gameplay wise, no one will know until video posts...from Stern or end user.....

I know that the code is in rough shape. I would wager that people would rather have the game with beta code than wait until after Christmas, but if that happens, there better be a loud uproar so Stern doesn't think that it's ok to do going forward.

#6223 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I know that the code is in rough shape. I would wager that people would rather have the game with beta code than wait until after Christmas, but if that happens, there better be a loud uproar so Stern doesn't think that it's ok to do going forward.

Eeks!!!....do you know this from first hand, or based on recent performance? I'm up for a complete LE by Christmas ( don't mind a few code updates as time progresses), but mechanically, appearance, and being actually able to play it are going to have to be complete at this price....( for me)...

#6224 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Eeks!!!....do you know this from first hand, or based on recent performance? I'm up for a complete LE by Christmas ( don't mind a few code updates as time progresses), but mechanically, appearance, and being actually able to play it are going to have to be complete at this price....( for me)...

Secondhand, but 100% reliable. No question.

I don't think it's a dumpster fire or anything, it's just not ready.

#6225 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Secondhand, but 100% reliable. No question.
I don't think it's a dumpster fire or anything, it's just not ready.

Got it....thanks for the info....

#6226 7 years ago

I figure this belongs here: http://morebatgas.ytmnd.com/

#6227 7 years ago

TWD code was in bad shape right before production. Lyman got it to a decent stage in a hurry and it shipped ok.

Lyman isn't going to ship total crap code.

And it will be finished off GREAT.

I don't mind playing the different iterations as they evolve given what we know the end result will be.

#6228 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

TWD code was in bad shape right before production. Lyman got it to a decent stage in a hurry and it shipped ok.
Lyman isn't going to ship total crap code.
And it will be finished off GREAT.
I don't mind playing the different iterations as they evolve given what we know the end result will be.

Not sure about that. Stern needs money. Lyman will make it great eventually.

#6229 7 years ago

I'm okay if the code needs some work at initial release, as long as it's not similar to the original X-Men s/w and it's follow-on release.

#6230 7 years ago

Over 6200 posts and not even a gameplay video yet, pathetic.

#6231 7 years ago

Yep, A box full of LED's, some toys and a screen that does nothing by look pretty.

Quoted from bemmett:

#6232 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

"Stay Tuned!"

-Stern Facebook chode

#6233 7 years ago

Meh. On one hand, sure I understand the frustration and passion... on the other, I saw the physical game in person at expo. I also talked at length with George and Lyman. These few "extra" weeks will quickly be forgotten when the game is out and flippable, be in V1.0, 1.1, etc. There's no way I could be more confident in a game, regardless of price, availability, or hype.

To be fair, a lot (most?) of the 6200 posts are nonsense. Patience- and not even much of it. Have some faith in the passion of two of the most prominent and important pinball men of all time. Enjoy holiday time with your friends and family.

No gameplay video is going to be a substitute for actually playing this game when it's truly "done" anyways. Not to minimalize it- but You've all seen flipper hit a ball before

Nobody is gonna see a video and be like "ooh I don't like the feed off that ramp, I'm out" & conversely nobody is gonna see a video and be like "ooh ooh, I was wrong, it looks amazing, take my $8-15k!!!"

-KG

#6234 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

To be fair, a lot (most?) of the 6200 posts are nonsense.

I thought most of the 6200 posts were asking to see a game play video before they dropped money on the most expensive Stern ever.

Seems reasonable to me.

QSS

#6235 7 years ago
#6236 7 years ago

Any guesses on what a HUO SLE might sell for in a couple years? More or less than $15k? I'm not one of the lucky few and couldn't have sprung for it now anyway.

#6237 7 years ago

Game looks great. This is a special theme to George. You can tell that he's passionate about it. Lyman won't let anyone down. It's going to take time, but so did Metallica, Spider-Man, The Walking Dead, AC/DC and many more.

Patience is a virtue. Can't wait for my LE.

#6238 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

Any guesses on what a HUO SLE might sell for in a couple years? More or less than $15k? I'm not one of the lucky few and couldn't have sprung for it now anyway.

I'll put it on the record. The SLE will go for more, but the LE and Premium will drop. That's my guess.

#6239 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'll put it on the record. The SLE will go for more, but the LE and Premium will drop. That's my guess.

I know it's just a glorified flashlight, but there's something really cool about being able to project the bat symbol onto your wall of choice. And for me the SLE art package is tops.

#6240 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I can see the SLE dropping. Wouldn't it be easy to pimp out a Premium for $7500 by putting side artwork, topper, powdercoated armor, and an aftermarket speaker panel and a bunch of other things? That's probably around $1500 in mods at most. For $9K with everything, I don't see why there would be anyone willing to pay *over* $15K for this machine. I think its only selling right now because its the latest and greatest and the demand is high now. Not to mention when the agreement to not sell the machine for XX amount of time runs out, I think you will see several machines hit the Pinside marketplace.. all of which will be machines with hundreds if not thousands of plays, and by that time there will likely be the latest and greatest SLE offered by Stern with operators standing by taking orders.

#6241 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Not to mention when the agreement to not sell the machine for XX amount of time runs out

Pretty sure this isnt even an issue...completely uninforceable and irrelevant...

#6242 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I can see the SLE dropping. Wouldn't it be easy to pimp out a Premium for $7500 by putting side artwork, topper, powdercoated armor, and an aftermarket speaker panel and a bunch of other things? That's probably around $1500 in mods at most. For $9K with everything, I don't see why there would be anyone willing to pay *over* $15K for this machine. I think its only selling right now because its the latest and greatest and the demand is high now. Not to mention when the agreement to not sell the machine for XX amount of time runs out, I think you will see several machines hit the Pinside marketplace.. all of which will be machines with hundreds if not thousands of plays, and by that time there will likely be the latest and greatest SLE offered by Stern with operators standing by taking orders.

You can pimp out any Premium, and it still isn't an SLE. I can pimp the crap out of my Tron, and it will never be an LE. And you can pimp the shit out of yourself, but you still won't be DaveH. It just doesn't work like that

#6243 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Pretty sure this isnt even an issue...completely uninforceable and irrelevant...

I'd never buy a Super LE, the whole idea is beyond stupid to me. But if I did I'd absolutely ignore that clause. WTF is Stern going to do? Sue? Try and black ball a huge customer? It's just dumb.

I think people should spend their money however they want. If it's not stupid to you then I wish you nothing but happiness with it.

If you think no gameplay video is dumb don't give them money. Paying them and then complaining on a forum is pointless. Money talks.

#6244 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd never buy a Super LE, the whole idea is beyond stupid to me. But if I did I'd absolutely ignore that clause. WTF is Stern going to do? Sue? Try and black ball a huge customer? It's just dumb.
I think people should spend their money however they want. If it's not stupid to you then I wish you nothing but happiness with it.
If you think no gameplay video is dumb don't give them money. Paying them and then complaining on a forum is pointless. Money talks.

Everything about the SLE is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen in pinball. Seriously. So many freaking lies, misdirections, anti-consumer hooks, and a totally unjustified price tag. But whatever, there's a group that will pay it, so there we go.

#6245 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I can see the SLE dropping.

It won't drop much for the same reason Xmen and other modern, but crappy sterns still demand way too much money. The games were bought almost solely by private buyers who won't lower their prices because they think they should at least get their money back out of the game or games should only appreciate. The prices only drop when some of those buyers MUST sell.. and reality sets in.. when no one wants to pay full price.

The supply will be so limited here that demand will probably always outstrip any 1-5 buyers getting desperate.

There is no volume.. so supply will always be tight... and the buyers will largely be buyers willing to hold out until the next sucker is ready to step up. Even if the game gets a WWE reputation.. the buyers will largely stay because of the role/story of the game.

#6246 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It won't drop much for the same reason Xmen and other modern, but crappy sterns still demand way too much money. The games were bought almost solely by private buyers who won't lower their prices because they think they should at least get their money back out of the game or games should only appreciate. The prices only drop when some of those buyers MUST sell.. and reality sets in.. when no one wants to pay full price.
The supply will be so limited here that demand will probably always outstrip any 1-5 buyers getting desperate.
There is no volume.. so supply will always be tight... and the buyers will largely be buyers willing to hold out until the next sucker is ready to step up. Even if the game gets a WWE reputation.. the buyers will largely stay because of the role/story of the game.

Just saw an Avengers LE go up for $5,300 today. I don't think Batman 66 will be a stinker, but it better be good or I can't see it holding onto a $15,000 valuation. It'll never tank outright though. Scarcity will demand that.

#6247 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Just saw an Avengers LE go up for $5,300 today. I don't think Batman 66 will be a stinker, but it better be good or I can't see it holding onto a $15,000 valuation. It'll never tank outright though. Scarcity will demand that.

That game barely deserves to be worth half that. But here, years after we know how much it stinks... the game still is holding onto a 5+k price point and almost 80% of its initial cost.. because the game was bought by home owners at full price.. instead of operators turning the game over for its residual value. When all games are bought by the home buyers.. prices fall far far slower.

#6248 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's not correct at all. The seller can ask what they like and if no one is willing to pay what they want it will not sell and they either keep it or drop the price.

It's only worth what they ask for it if someone is willing to pay it.

The buyer is the one who determines what a game is worth (to them at least).

#6249 7 years ago

IMO, the only reason people want the $15K BM66LE right now is because they always buy the top-of-the-line Stern upon first release, no matter the theme. They just want the latest and greatest.. in a couple years, I don't think there will be big demand for a $15K price tag. That's crazy.

Anyone think people would be buying a Walking Dead SLE right now for $15,000 because it had a cool topper, side artwork, and some bling powdercoat? Really? REALLY? I don't think so. Seriously sit and think about that.. if TWD had an SLE that was $15K in 2014... and all it had was a limited 80 pin run.. and some extra bling that could be purchased on any pinball mod site for a few hundred bones to put on a $6500 Premium... would YOU pay that $15K or more still, right now in almost the year 2017. No.. FUCK no.

It's current market value of $15K is only driven by hype and the fact it's new. Like a car dealership that marks up an MSRP +$25K for "market demand" and cheap ass aftermarket parts. So impatient fools with too much money pay over sticker to be the first one on the block. Same thing will happen to these SLE's.

#6250 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

IMO, the only reason people want the $15K BM66LE right now is because they always buy the top-of-the-line Stern upon first release, no matter the theme. They just want the latest and greatest.. in a couple years, I don't think there will be big demand for a $15K price tag. That's crazy.
Anyone think people would be buying a Walking Dead SLE right now for $15,000 because it had a cool topper, side artwork, and some bling powdercoat? Really? REALLY? I don't think so. Seriously sit and think about that.. if TWD had an SLE that was $15K in 2014... and all it had was a limited 80 pin run.. and some extra bling that could be purchased on any pinball mod site for a few hundred bones to put on a $6500 Premium... would YOU pay that $15K or more still, right now in almost the year 2017. No.. FUCK no.
It's current market value of $15K is only driven by hype and the fact it's new. Like a car dealership that marks up an MSRP +$25K for "market demand" and cheap ass aftermarket parts. So impatient fools with too much money pay over sticker to be the first one on the block. Same thing will happen to these SLE's.

Regardless of what you think, they would have had very little trouble finding 80 people to part with $15k for a Walking Dead SLE, just as they had little trouble finding them with this one and I fully expect they will not have any trouble finding another 80 people for the next one.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/125?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.