PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 142.
#6051 7 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

£9995 inc vat

Ok, so the overseas markets are pretty similar for the LE pricing... all around the $12k - $13k USD range.

USA $9,999
U.K. £9,999 = $12,717 USD
EU €12,000 = $12,917 USD
NZ $17,000 = $12,125 USD

rd

#6052 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Here's the real question.
Would anyone be buying this game if Lonnie were on code?

No way! I am in with a refundable deposit so I have time until a gameplay video is released to pull out or fully commit, but I wouldn't have even gone that far if Lazy Lonnie was on the rules

#6053 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lyman on code is a great thing...but there is a physical game there to play, and as we've seen with GB - game that looks cool can end up being a physical nightmare.

What are the chances of this being a "physical nightmare" though? It's a BDK with a few tweaks, and I don't see those tweaks having much of an impact on how the pin is going to shoot.

And while GB definitely has it's issues, I think calling it a "physical nightmare" is a bit hyperbolic.

#6054 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What are the chances of this being a "physical nightmare" though? It's a BDK with a few tweaks, and I don't see those tweaks having much of an impact on how the pin is going to shoot.
And while GB definitely has it's issues, I think calling it a "physical nightmare" is a bit hyperbolic.

I don't see any possible red flags with the layout. The shooting is fairly straightforward. Feel is something you simply can't judge from pics, and that's not something we'll know until people start playing it, but it should be fine.

Lyman on code makes me feel pretty optimistic in that regard.

#6055 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Here's the real question.
Would anyone be buying this game if Lonnie were on code?

Not me.

Lyman only and maybe Dwight if its a great theme.

When you pay that much for a NIB pin these days, the code needs to be deep and complete. The secondary market is just as important, and people are gonna get tired of losing $1k plus on these new NIBS.

#6056 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

USA $9,999
U.K. £9,999 = $12,717 USD
EU €12,000 = $12,917 USD
NZ $17,000 = $12,125 USD

The USA price is crazy enough.

I personally wouldn't pull the trigger at those overseas prices. I'd be getting a new hobby or just go the EM route. Might do that anyhow.

#6057 7 years ago

Looks like in addition to the premium, LE, and SLE there will one 1 more version of the game, well sort of.

The main artist if the game, Chris Franchi, does a podcast and in his latest one he talks about the machine he is getting. He says its a sort of "frankenstein" machine because it will have parts from all 3 versions. At expo he told Stern it would be cool if he got a custom plaque for it. He recently got an email back from Stern saying they were laying out the plastics and said the had room on the sheet for his unique plaque if he still wanted ine. So he sent them a design that has his signature and says version 1 of 1 "Super Extra Limited Edition". He's a toy collector as well so he thought it was funny to joke about the whole limited edition thing.

He also said he was still working on the bat gadget plaque designs. At the time if the recording he had about 30 left to do out of the 120 gadget plaques. The podcast was recorded the weekend after thanksgiving. I hope he got them done by now so the can finally start building the machines this week.

#6058 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The USA price is crazy enough.
I personally wouldn't pull the trigger at those overseas prices. I'd be getting a new hobby or just go the EM route. Might do that anyhow.

System 11s are where it's at!

Unfortunately you can't buy them cheap like you used to be able to ...

Mind you, you'd still get 4 nice ones for $10k US.

rd

#6059 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

How many £££s is the LE in the UK?
rd

#6060 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's really not BDK aside from the crane. That's like saying Iron Man is just Austin Powers with a few tweaks. The turntable toy is totally new....hopefully it works well but without testing, who knows. $15k to be a Guinea Pig.

I stick by my GB statements. Slimer was so bad they had to re-design the mech. The outlanes and gap are bad design. The airball targets are bad design. The guide that bent by the captive ball was bad design. People have complained about the launcher sending the ball into Stay Puft. The right ramp on both versions have issues. A friend and Pinsider said it requires twice the amount of tweaking than Avengers!!! If anyone got a GB that plays well out of the box, you won the lottery!

#6061 7 years ago

I still dream of the Cabinet in Person.....Nothing like it!

#6062 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's really not BDK aside from the crane. That's like saying Iron Man is just Austin Powers with a few tweaks.

No, it's not.

But you already know that.

#6063 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

but I wouldn't have even gone that far if Lazy Lonnie was on the rules

Didn't Lyman do the original BDK code?

#6064 7 years ago

Hi guys
Visited the local Stern dealer over the weekend. I am now half-convinced to add a B66 to my collection, but the price is a bit steep. The Salesperson recommended a Premium vs. a LE, as being the best value for money... What you lot think of that ?
Is there any pin announced for the foreseeable future that would justify passing on the Batman 66?
Cheers
Andy

#6065 7 years ago
Quoted from andrew2015hk:

Is there any pin announced for the foreseeable future that would justify passing on the Batman 66?

Batman hasn't been played by anybody. Wait. If you want a game now, check out Game of Thrones, Ghostbusters, Metallica, or The Walking Dead. They're easy to resell if you want Batman down the road, but lately Stern games have been iffy in the first run.

Also take a look at at Dialed In and Wizard of Oz. The latter is fantastic, and the former is getting good early impressions.

#6066 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Didn't Lyman do the original BDK code?

Yes.

#6067 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, it's not.
But you already know that.

Agree. Comparing AP and IM with this batman makeover is a stretch at best. At least gb is original. So you have to dial it in wow never had to do that before with a pin.

The biggest problem similar layout aside is the asking price for what is essentially a bdk makeover. Over here in oz you can get 1 and a half gb pros for a premium bdk66. And still some nice stacked premium games like st and Metallica for couple k less. It just doesn't add up to a value purchase.

#6069 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Agree. Comparing AP and IM with this batman makeover is a stretch at best.

Not at all. B66 started its life as BDK, but it's essentially a different game on a different platform with different code, so it will play totally different. Same as IM. It started as AP, got altered a bit, ran on Sam instead of Whitestar and the code is totally different. Rob said we Know how B66 will play since it's a tweaked BDK. That's what people said about IM, and it turned out to be totally different.

#6070 7 years ago

So who is going to be at Stern this week to see if they are on the line yet?

#6071 7 years ago

No one has played this game, so anyone telling you how it's going to play is full of shit.

#6072 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No one has played this game, so anyone telling you how it's going to play is full of shit.

Ed Robertson played it, and he talked about it on one of the recent Buffalo Pinball podcasts (on the STLE podcast recorded at his house). He said it was a blast to play.

#6073 7 years ago

And Gomez and Lyman have played it

I'll go with the designer and coder, both top notch guys, when they say it plays totally different than the original. Just saying.

#6074 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks like in addition to the premium, LE, and SLE there will one 1 more version of the game, well sort of.
The main artist if the game, Chris Franchi, does a podcast and in his latest one he talks about the machine he is getting. He says its a sort of "frankenstein" machine because it will have parts from all 3 versions. At expo he told Stern it would be cool if he got a custom plaque for it. He recently got an email back from Stern saying they were laying out the plastics and said the had room on the sheet for his unique plaque if he still wanted ine. So he sent them a design that has his signature and says version 1 of 1 "Super Extra Limited Edition". He's a toy collector as well so he thought it was funny to joke about the whole limited edition thing.
He also said he was still working on the bat gadget plaque designs. At the time if the recording he had about 30 left to do out of the 120 gadget plaques. The podcast was recorded the weekend after thanksgiving. I hope he got them done by now so the can finally start building the machines this week.

Thanks for that info. That was super interesting.

#6075 7 years ago

Thanks to all for your reply.
I do have a GB pro, received a couple of weeks ago, but a B66 would interest me too. Pros : comics based design, developing team, I like BDK and the Scarecrow crane. Cons : price --> would prevent me to get another machine anytime soon; could be a simple facelift of previous game? heard from a BDK owner (pro arcade, so maybe irrelevant for home use) that the crane is a frequent source of troubles --> reliability ?
Cheers
Andy

#6076 7 years ago
Quoted from andrew2015hk:

that the crane is a frequent source of troubles --> reliability ?

Nope, never heard of that. I've had mine since (almost) new, never had an issue.

rd

#6077 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope, never heard of that. I've had mine since (almost) new, never had an issue.
rd

And I can confirm that there was never a problem with it from new till you got it.

#6078 7 years ago

Why is this Premium more expensive than other Premiums? The SLE and LE's being niche and ultra rare is nice and all, but they gonna make as many "premiums" as peeps will buy. Maybe I forgot the rationale, but please someone remind me.

#6079 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Maybe I forgot the rationale, but please someone remind me.

IMG_3861 (resized).JPGIMG_3861 (resized).JPG

#6080 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Why is this Premium more expensive than other Premiums? The SLE and LE's being niche and ultra rare is nice and all, but they gonna make as many "premiums" as peeps will buy. Maybe I forgot the rationale, but please someone remind me.

I think the Kapow people needed their cut of the pie so that probably upped the price a little.

#6081 7 years ago

Anybody know when video is coming dying to see this bad boy in action

#6082 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

No need to ask. I'm sure there will be a 1000 posts here when it happens.

#6083 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

No need to ask. I'm sure there will be a 1000 posts here when it happens.

I'll take the over.

#6084 7 years ago

While we patiently wait for real new I was wondering if there were really 120 bat gadgets on the show or not for Stern to choose from on their LE plaques. A quick search on the interwebs shows there were a lot more than that:

http://adamwest.tripod.com/equip.htm

Lots of funny ones I didn't remember until I saw the list. I love the "Empty Alphabet Soup Bat-Container" from the Green Hornet episode. It even comes with a Bat-Funnel so you don't spill the soup.

2na34mg (resized).png2na34mg (resized).png

A lot of people remember the bat shark repellent but I forgot that the bat copter was equipped with a whole arsenal of oceanic repellents.

Batcopter_(1966)3 (resized).pngBatcopter_(1966)3 (resized).png

#6085 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Lots of funny ones I didn't remember until I saw the list. I love the "Empty Alphabet Soup Bat-Container" from the Green Hornet episode. It even comes with a Bat-Funnel so you don't spill the soup.

Nice. I'm hoping to get a truly terrible one. I think the worst would be to get a middle of the road one.

#6086 7 years ago

The gadgets are such a cool idea for the LEs. I'm jealous of anyone getting one of these. This is a perfect theme/machine for a boutique run and also for the first LCD display.
Won't be long now! Congrats to all the buyers.

#6087 7 years ago

SO,we finally hear about a gadget LE! I've been in on one now since the beginning! But no one thought it was a reality! Well,the're gone now,so well see!!

#6088 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Ed Robertson played it, and he talked about it on one of the recent Buffalo Pinball podcasts (on the STLE podcast recorded at his house). He said it was a blast to play.

Cool, I like Ed, but he's not posting in this thread, so I'm gonna stick with my post being accurate still.

#6089 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

When someone gets it, opens the box, and makes a video.

#6090 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Ed seems to be a very nice guy, but as a paid entertainer his opinion does not hold as much weight on Stern games (sorry Ed)

#6091 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ed seems to be a very nice guy, but as a paid entertainer his opinion does not hold as much weight on Stern games (sorry Ed)

What does paid entertainer have to do with anything ?

He loves pinball. He's a great player. Has occasionally posted here on Pinside.

I'd take his word for it.

LTG : )

#6092 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What does paid entertainer have to do with anything ?
He loves pinball. He's a great player. Has occasionally posted here on Pinside.
I'd take his word for it.
LTG : )

He has a business relationship with Stern and gets obvious perks from Stern as a pinhead. There are motivations to not talk even remotely bad or share an opinion that may be percieved as negative. Sorry but that causes one to help hype; so hard to take Ed's singular opinion as 100%. Keep in mind that Stern just banned Martin from the factory for saying he thought BM66 was expensive...

Say something bad and they may ban you, remove perks, and not hire you for their next self promoting anniversary event paid for by customers. That is just the reality about Stern and hard to blame anyone for wanting those perks as a pinhead.

#6093 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He has a business relationship with Stern and gets obvious perks from Stern as a pinhead. There are motivations to not talk even remotely bad or share an opinion that may be percieved as negative. Sorry but that causes one to help hype; so hard to take Ed's singular opinion as 100%. Keep in mind that Stern just banned Martin from the factory for saying he thought BM66 was expensive...
Say something bad and they may ban you, remove perks, and not hire you for their next self promoting anniversary event paid for by customers. That is just the reality about Stern and hard to blame anyone for wanting those perks as a pinhead.

Obviously you didn't hear some of the things that he said at the Stern party.

#6094 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

a paid entertainer

He gets paid for that? I thought that was his other hobby.

#6095 7 years ago

Batman66 artist Chris Franchi posted this pic on his facebook page. A sneak peek at some of the bat gadget art you'll see on some of the LE plaques. Loks like the Bat-Funnel made the cut, so maybe the Bat Alphabet Soup Thermos will as well.

He hasnt said anything about doing art for the plaques that will have the episode titles. Wonder if those will have any art on them or just be text of the episode title.

15356564_1559313007417139_9110583255354028827_n (resized).jpg15356564_1559313007417139_9110583255354028827_n (resized).jpg

#6096 7 years ago

This seems like a lot of work for each LE. Far different than an engraved plaque. These really are "1 of 1" LEs.

#6097 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Obviously you didn't hear some of the things that he said at the Stern party.

I heard he joked about stuff. Did Ed actually talk badly about Stern and all their shenanigans?

#6098 7 years ago

Update:

Just got off the phone w Mike @ Automated ( he said he had tried calling me twice earlier after we spoke, but phone was busy)

Stern told him they are releasing gameplay video FRIDAY, and didn't want me to send my balance in until after I'd seen it ( I've still only got 2k in, and speaks volumes to Mikes credibility). Told him I was sending balance Friday or Monday, and he was way good with that. He also stated he had a long list of people wanting one of these, so he was good either way ( would still refund my 2k if I didn't want it).
Told him no way in hell was I backing out, and he laughed, assuring me my spot was good.

GAMEPLAY FRIDAY!!!

#6099 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Update:
Just got off the phone w Mike @ Automated ( he said he had tried calling me twice earlier after we spoke, but phone was busy)
Stern told him they are releasing gameplay video FRIDAY, and didn't want me to send my balance in until after I'd seen it ( I've still only got 2k in, and speaks volumes to Mikes credibility). Told him I was sending balance Friday or Monday, and he was way good with that. He also stated he had a long list of people wanting one of these, so he was good either way ( would still refund my 2k if I didn't want it).
Told him no way in hell was I backing out, and he laughed, assuring me my spot was good.
GAMEPLAY FRIDAY!!!

Did he give you a shipping date?

#6100 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Update:
GAMEPLAY FRIDAY!!!

Yeah but which Friday.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/122 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.