PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 142.
#6001 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You don't have to be anything special to save / invest money, try to set aside something every paycheck as if you never earned it.
I like to say 10% but whatever you can afford.
Say your paycheck is $5k (try) to take out $500 or even $250 straight away and invest in (stock/ETF maybe bonds).
I bought a number of shares of MO for $18/share they're now worth $64/share plus pay me $2.2/year in dividend. That's freaking amazing, probably much better than if I had bought BBB for $5k when they were first sold.
By now MO could totally disappear (unlikely) and I'd still be way ahead.
That example probably is an outlier, most stocks won't do that well but usually darn well better than buying consumer goods or pinball machines.

More companies increase in value than you realize. The main component to growth that many don't do, is the reinvestment of dividends. Many companies increase their dividends annually.

#6002 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Stern took away a lot of the headroom.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#6003 7 years ago

Just got notice from my distributor that LE's are shipping in the next 2 weeks!!!!!! Holy Cow, Batman!!!!

#6004 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just got notice from my distributor that LE's are shipping in the next 2 weeks!!!!!! Holy Cow, Batman!!!!

Sweet. was hoping before Christmas but was losing faith. Hopefully they'll make it.

#6005 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I guess the first gameplay video will be from MK6PIN or Frolic.......

#6006 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Who's your distributor?

#6007 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Who's your distributor?

Sorry guys....had some employees and a fellow pinsider over and just finished playing ( and drinking)...

Distributor is Mike @ Automated. He's always been a good guy to deal with for me.....email came today, right before I posted...

#6008 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I guess the first gameplay video will be from MK6PIN or Frolic.......

I take terrible video ( even though I'm an A/V guy by trade), but will certainly post once I get the thing....

#6009 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sorry guys....had some employees and a fellow pinsider over and just finished playing ( and drinking)...
Distributor is Mike @ Automated. He's always been a good guy to deal with for me.....email came today, right before I posted...

Mike and his assistant Nancy are Top Shelf!! Never an issue with any of the NIB Sterns or PPS games I have bought from them. BTW: I just got a great Holiday price on a Ruby Red WOZ from him I couldn't pass up. JJ in Colorado and Mike at the GAP have always done me right too, but Automated cant be beat it seems. Nice to know others feel the same. Merry Christmas!! A Ruby Red-Batman LE Christmas as good as my Hot Wheels Track set Christmas 1970....LOL. Big Thanks to Automated Services, Stern and JJP for making Christmas dreams come true....2016.

#6010 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Mike and his assistant Nancy are Top Shelf!! Never an issue with any of the NIB Sterns or PPS games I have bought from them. BTW: I just got a great Holiday price on a Ruby Red WOZ from him I couldn't pass up. JJ in Colorado and Mike at the GAP have always done me right too, but Automated cant be beat it seems. Nice to know others feel the same. Merry Christmas!! A Ruby Red-Batman LE Christmas as good as my Hot Wheels Track set Christmas 1970....LOL. Big Thanks to Automated Services, Stern and JJP for making Christmas dreams come true....2016.

Another vote for Automated here.. although i just bought a NIB MMR and went to them first, and Game Room Guys still gave me a better price though or else I would have bought from them again.

#6011 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Another vote for Automated here.. although i just bought a NIB MMR and went to them first, and Game Room Guys still gave me a better price though or else I would have bought from them again.

He always seems to have the best number on JJP.

#6012 7 years ago

Here's to hoping we see some video tomorrow of Batman being on the line.

#6013 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Here's to hoping we see some video tomorrow of Batman being on the line.

IMG_5173 (resized).JPGIMG_5173 (resized).JPG

#6014 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

He always seems to have the best number on JJP.

Agreed! That's why I bought my Hobbit from him

#6015 7 years ago

I think I'll be playing one of these super LEs in the not too distant future, but in the mean time maybe some Pabst Can Crushher during the wait.

#6016 7 years ago

Apparently there is a echo effect in the top right corner of the game... because there is NOTHING THERE!

#6017 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Apparently there is a echo effect in the top right corner of the game... because there is NOTHING THERE!

Pfft! Clearly that's BatInvisibility technology on display.

#6018 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Ironman has an echo effect all over it's playfield, but it's one of Stern's best games!

#6019 7 years ago

I bought a vintage comic lot off of ebay recently and included was a 1978 pizza hut collectible reprint of a 1958 batman comic. Within the book was this advertisement and quiz on your "brotherhood quotient". I dont know if it was an oversight of pizza hut to not edit the add or if it reflects how discriminatory 1978 still was. I mean whats wrong with cabbage? (I get to make that joke because Im Irish Catholic and cabbage is a part of my constitutional make up.)

BQ test (resized).jpgBQ test (resized).jpg

#6020 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ironman has an echo effect all over it's playfield, but it's one of Stern's best games!

Thats a good point.. IM is one of the best pins, ever.. IMO

#6021 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You can say that again.

No, seriously.......YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!

#6022 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You can say that again.
No, seriously.......YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!

#6023 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No doubt!!!!

#6024 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And which version should they all be the same as? The pro? The LE? Which is the "correct" version?

Gary Stern has said several times, he starts with the LE and starts taking stuff off to get the Premium and then Pro.
Video is time linked so click to see Gary say this.

Using GB as an example:
The Premium lost the shaker motor Gary's signature, Lollipop rails.
The Pro dropped the above plus saved money by dropping: The nice playfield lift rails (pegs instead) , the rotating Slimer motor, (up/down instead) Ecto goggles gone, 3D models (replaced with flats) , Subway under PF lost, metal-wire ramps replaced with plastic.

I personally prefer the Premium because I get most of what's on an LE and its the last version released so most of the issues are ironed out.

#6025 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Gary Stern has said several times, he starts with the LE and starts taking stuff off to get the Premium and then Pro.
Video is time linked so click to see Gary say this.

That's not Gary, that's John Trudeau. Skip ahead to the Arch Rivals bit and check out the creepy lizard tongue action though, what the heck is that?

#6026 7 years ago

Didn't Ritchie design GoT with the pro first and then add the mini playfield? Not sure if I've heard confirmation on that, but that's what I've heard. I think every designer does things a little differently.

#6027 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Didn't Ritchie design GoT with the pro first and then add the mini playfield? Not sure if I've heard confirmation on that, but that's what I've heard. I think every designer does things a little differently.

That would at least partially explain the left orbit fiasco in the Prem/LE.

#6028 7 years ago

Some people indeed design pro and add le stuff (like Steve R). Quite obvious in got that the mini playfield was added later and doesn't have a huge role in the gameplay.

Others design a premium and take out stuff to have a pro.

#6029 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Not at all. He specifically said @ the expo tour 2015 (to a small group) that he starts with the LE, then takes away. Borg HAS said in the past that he starts with the Pro then adds for the Premium / LE.

#6030 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Some people indeed design pro and add le stuff (like Steve R). Quite obvious in got that the mini playfield was added later and doesn't have a huge role in the gameplay.
Others design a premium and take out stuff to have a pro.

Borg does the pro first for sure. Ritchie didn't add it later. I do agree that Dwight needs to add some more code for the mini playfield, but thats not a design thing, it is a code thing.

#6031 7 years ago

Is Automated the only distributor telling people 2 weeks?

Have other distributors starting asking for final payment? Have other distributors said 2 weeks?

#6032 7 years ago

People have said in the past that games destined for Europe ship first, maybe someone in the know can confirm/correct that?

I am in on an LE and both distributors I know have said Jan, which I can live with its certainly a nice way to start the new year

#6033 7 years ago

Historically, containers for overseas are shipped first and are in transit for a few weeks. After those containers are shipped, the first truck gets sent to Canada, and every truck after that goes to American distributors.

But until they show us the games on the factory floor, I'm doubting anything is being shipped imminently.

#6034 7 years ago

I read that LEs are first, then SLEs, then Premiums. There's only 240 LEs. Should take them no more than 2 weeks to get all the LEs shipped.

#6035 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is Automated the only distributor telling people 2 weeks?
Have other distributors starting asking for final payment? Have other distributors said 2 weeks?

I'd be curious of this as well, being Mike @ Automated told me when I put deposit down he hated taking money without having more details. We then talked a couple more times after, and he said not to worry about balance just yet, as it seemed it might take some time for these to get built.
This is all the more reason that I DO believe they ( LE's) are shipping in the 2 weeks when I got the email from April.
It would seem odd for them to send the letter otherwise, Automated is a major distrbutor and always been honest with me, and this pin/ release is anything but " the norm".
I'd like to think that we, on Pinside, have all the inside info. It's obviously more the exception to the rule ( although great " inside" stuff is revealed from time to time)

Just shared what was sent to me....I'll call Mike tomorrow and update after that.

I hope/ believe they are, but not the end of the world if not......

#6036 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I read that LEs are first, then SLEs, then Premiums. There's only 240 LEs. Should take them no more than 2 weeks to get all the LEs shipped.

This is correct, and exactly what was unilaterally conveyed by Stern at the show ( all the Stern gang, including Gary, George, etc.)

#6037 7 years ago

My distributor is saying end of Jan for my LE so would expect shipping just before Xmas which means next week for manufacturing I'd guess?

#6038 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

My distributor is saying end of Jan for my LE so would expect shipping just before Xmas which means next week for manufacturing I'd guess?

Cancel your order Neil, we don't want more than one LE in England

#6039 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cancel your order Neil, we don't want more than one LE in England

Lol - i've promised a few a games on it to some folks to stop them whinging about the price. I think that's worth buying the machine for that alone! I think Lee has one on order also

#6040 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Lol - i've promised a few a games on it to some folks to stop them whinging about the price. I think that's worth buying the machine for that alone! I think Lee has one on order also

How many £££s is the LE in the UK?

rd

#6041 7 years ago

Would it be too much to ask to just see a gameplay video already?

#6042 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Would it be too much to ask to just see a gameplay video already?

I'm really not that bothered. I have an LE on order and I'm not worried that we haven't seen any gameplay.

#6043 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Not quite the answer to your question... but the LEs were close to 12k € in Germany (incl. 19% VAT) and were not even officially listed on the resellers websites, since they were sold out instantly...

#6044 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

But until they show us the games on the factory floor, I'm doubting anything is being shipped imminently.

Correct. It may or may not be a special game with magical powers and enchantment delight- but either way if it isn't built (and bragged about on stern fb page) then it isn't on its way to you or your dist's warehouse.

Then again maybe it is just that magical, that it actually will just start appearing at your door. KA-PPEAR!

#6045 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I'm really not that bothered. I have an LE on order and I'm not worried that we haven't seen any gameplay.

Sterns favorite customer: Will throw $10k at a purchase on faith. They don't have to do anything to earn that sale.

#6046 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sterns favorite customer: Will throw $10k at a purchase on faith. They don't have to do anything to earn that sale.

Here's the real question.

Would anyone be buying this game if Lonnie were on code?

#6047 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Not in a million years.

#6048 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know enough to make me feel confident it will be a great game and it is MY money, I can do what I like with it.

#6049 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Lyman on code is a great thing...but there is a physical game there to play, and as we've seen with GB - game that looks cool can end up being a physical nightmare. We know Stern doesn't do real-world testing...so that makes the skeptic in me say "What are they hiding?".

Quoted from pauloz:

I know enough to make me feel confident it will be a great game and it is MY money, I can do what I like with it.

No one said you couldn't...but everything that's gone down with this release sets a very bad precedent.

#6050 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

£9995 inc vat

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/121?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.