PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 142.
#5701 7 years ago

I'd be shocked if the game was delivered next month. That seems very, very ambitious if they can't even demonstrate it was some basic code right now.

#5702 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I still will believe they are holding on to insure it's right ( code, gameplay, LCD, etc.) before releasing.....let me dream!!!

I would agree they want to make it good enough to show but I'm not so sure about getting it right!

#5703 7 years ago

Whats the deal with the code? Its just a Costco TDK. Use the code for that.

#5704 7 years ago

How hard is it to make.. shoot this shot 3x, shoot that shot 3x.

#5705 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

How hard is it to make.. shoot this shot 3x, shoot that shot 3x.

That's Lonnie rules ...

rd

#5706 7 years ago

No sign of the batman66 game in the latest stern factory video. But just before the 5 mimute mark you can see them working on some topper pieces. Looks like the backlit topper pieces of batman and robin are printed on a single sheet of plastic. In the "dead" area between batman and robin there is a bunch of bat logo circles. I wonder if thats the bat signal projector light mask?

#5707 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

No Batman at IAAPA because Stern/Lyman did not want to show a game with early software. This is a show for selling completed products.

Going to know Stern won't demo or ship a game before the code is complete!

#5708 7 years ago

I'd like to know if Batman has a factory date, when is it expected to be on the line.

#5709 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'd like to know if Batman has a factory date, when is it expected to be on the line.

Supposedly sometime in November. Still 2 weeks left but there is Thanksgiving next week.

#5710 7 years ago

Oh,I was told,Jan.for our LEs!!

#5711 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In the "dead" area between batman and robin there is a bunch of bat logo circles. I wonder if thats the bat signal projector light mask?

There is an adjustable spotlight on the backside. Its a small can light.

#5712 7 years ago

When they said "building in Nov" I've just been assuming Jan is the earliest I'd get my game. Likely Feb/Mar. And that's perfectly ok. No rush- code iteration v1.0 will be incomplete and that's ok too. This is a lengthy process, to pretend it isn't is to be silly.

#5713 7 years ago

Considering Aerosmith is expected at CES first week of January, something has to be moving along with the BM66 by then. There's no way they'd announce their next game and not have any deliveries of the previous one, would there? I think that would be unprecedented.

#5714 7 years ago

Lyman is outstanding, but he doesn't have a reputation for pumping out code quickly. Met and TWD both took some time before they were "complete". Lets hope the wait isn't that long....

#5715 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Lyman is outstanding, but he doesn't have a reputation for pumping out code quickly. Met and TWD both took some time before they were "complete". Lets hope the wait isn't that long....

Correct. AC/DC wasn't done quickly either. But it sure as hell was worth the wait!

#5716 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I was told the SLEs will be shipped before Xmas.

I was kindly offered one by Stern ... I ended up declining the offer. I was all keen to bring one to NZ to share with the punters. Unfortunately $25,000+ NZ for a pinball machine is a little outside my comfort zone, so Gary says it will be passed on to the next on the list.

I know you posted this several days ago, but I would really be interested to see the application and video you submitted to be so kindly offered an opportunity to purchase one of these rare machines.

#5717 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Considering Aerosmith is expected at CES first week of January, something has to be moving along with the BM66 by then. There's no way they'd announce their next game and not have any deliveries of the previous one, would there? I think that would be unprecedented.

At expo gary said LE's first, then SLE's, then premiums. So 240 LE's should build quickly, like 1 or 2 weeks?

He said US SLE buyers should get them by xmas.

So if they start production by end if Nov then US based LE' s (and maybe SLE's) could potentially be delivered before xmas.

All speculation on my part. I have no info other than what was said at expo talks.

#5718 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know you posted this several days ago, but I would really be interested to see the application and video you submitted to be so kindly offered an opportunity to purchase one of these rare machines.

Plenty of people were offered this hot exclusive without having to demean themselves with a video. It was a lot of hype as usual.

#5719 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Plenty of people were offered this hot exclusive without having to demean themselves with a video. It was a lot of hype as usual.

That must have been why they needed to add 50 more Super LEs. Because as they said, applications and demand were so high. lol.

#5720 7 years ago

I know a guy that has two Super LEs coming and he doesn't beg or apply or kiss anybody's ass. He's just rich.

#5721 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Whats the deal with the code? Its just a Costco TDK. Use the code for that.

The code will be done when it's done! Three years from now.

#5722 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know a guy that has two Super LEs coming and he doesn't beg or apply or kiss anybody's ass. He's just rich.

That will do it.

#5723 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wish you were talking about me!

#5724 7 years ago

I don't know why get two. Of course, some people do like to have a choice.

#5725 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't know why get two. Of course, some people do like to have a choice.

Play one and in a couple years NIB BM66 20K, he's rich for a reason, his SLE just cost him 10K

#5726 7 years ago

Nothing stays for a couple years. He's had over 10 TronLEs. They come and go like the wind. Maybe the other one is for a friend.

#5727 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nothing stays for a couple years. He's had over 10 TronLEs. They come and go like the wind. Maybe the other one is for a friend.

Perhaps he has 2 houses and wants one at each.

#5728 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Perhaps he has 2 houses and wants one at each.

If that was the case he would have had 10 BBBs instead of 5. We'll just wait and see, how's that?

#5729 7 years ago

O-din - I noticed your new avatar. Is that a subliminal acronym for all the negative Pinsiders?

Stop
Trolling
Pinside

#5730 7 years ago

Nope.Just stickers of status.

#5731 7 years ago

Setting
The
Pace

#5732 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Stern booth st IAAPA. No Batman

They'll bring it out for the last hour of the show.

#5733 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If RotorDave made such a video, it better include a fearsome Haka!

#5734 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

If RotorDave made such a video, it better include a fearsome Haka!

I'd be the whitest looking Maori dude you'd ever see. My haka would scare nobody

Here's one that is a bit better than any I could muster...

rd

#5735 7 years ago

I pictured your application video more something like this

#5736 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'd be the whitest looking Maori dude you'd ever see. My haka would scare nobody

Come on, dave. Don't be modest.

rotordave_haka (resized).jpgrotordave_haka (resized).jpg

#5737 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Come on, dave. Don't be modest.

That's the "Friday Night Booze Haka"

Quite popular around this way.

rd

#5738 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I pictured your application video more something like this
» YouTube video

I see your rare Dio footage and raise you some rare Graeme Bonnet footage!

This is what happens when you replace Dio with a rockabilly singer ....

rd

#5739 7 years ago

I can't blame Stern for not wanting to show off product that's not ready, but I can't understand why you would do a reveal of it at Pinball Expo behind ropes if it wasn't going to be shown again for so long. I guess the idea was to provide a counter to Dialed In, but the longer it goes without gameplay, the more that acts as a bit of a backfire. It would probably have been better to sit on the reveal until a flippable game (whether by a Stern employee or by the public) was ready.

I wonder if all the art teases and such just built up to a point where they felt they had to show the cabinet and playfield, despite code being completely unready. It's either that, or something is wrong and there's been some sort of setback.

I was once told by a Stern employee that it was "very important" for them to go into production 21-30 days after a reveal to avoid being like the "other bush league manufacturers" in the industry and that they would never want to be like them.

Something odd has to be going on with this one.

#5740 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't think so.

They already sold 80 machines at $15,000

They already sold another 240 machines at $9999.

They're sold and paid for and out the door.

No need to promote something that's already sold out.

When they are ready to push the Premiums next year, that's when you'll see a video.

rd

#5741 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's either that, or something is wrong and there's been some sort of setback.
I was once told by a Stern employee that it was "very important" for them to go into production 21-30 days after a reveal to avoid being like the "other bush league manufacturers" in the industry and that they would never want to be like them.

Depending on how you measure it, they're clearly in some phase of production already. We've seen cranes being produced, playfields being signed as well as the SLE toppers in the factory. We haven't seen them on the line yet for final assembly, but things are clearly moving forward at some pace.

#5742 7 years ago

As cool as the SLE would be, and it'd be cool to have one here in NZ, here's my rationale why I didn't buy it.

The game was $15,000 USD. Initially, I was to pay that sum to Stern (direct) and ship it myself. I ship a lot of pins so I can do it cheaply. Then they changed it and decided that the NZ Stern distributor would do it. Suddenly it is $24,000 NZD plus the shipping on top of that, whatever that was.

The reality is, for say $26,000 landed here, I would have to sell 4 of these mint games and probably half the Avatar as well to cover $26,000.

The question is, as cool as it may be, is one game better than Spider-Man + Star Trek + Family Guy + Batman TDK + half of Avatar? Four of the best games Stern has made?

My conclusion was, unfortunately not.

rd

IMG_3754 (resized).JPGIMG_3754 (resized).JPG

IMG_3755 (resized).JPGIMG_3755 (resized).JPG

#5743 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

As cool as the SLE would be, and it'd be cool to have one here in NZ, here's my rationale why I didn't buy it.
The game was $15,000 USD. Initially, I was to pay that sum to Stern (direct) and ship it myself. I ship a lot of pins so I can do it cheaply. Then they changed it and decided that the NZ Stern distributor would do it. Suddenly it is $24,000 NZD plus the shipping on top of that, whatever that was.
The reality is, for say $26,000 landed here, I would have to sell 4 of these mint games and probably half the Avatar as well to cover $26,000.
The question is, as cool as it may be, is one game better than Spider-Man + Star Trek + Family Guy + Batman TDK + half of Avatar? Four of the best games Stern has made?

I came to the same conclusion, but my rationale was a bit different. I figured I could buy an SLE and get divorced, or not buy it and stay happily married. I chose the latter.

#5744 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I came to the same conclusion, but my rationale was a bit different. I figured I could buy an SLE and get divorced, or not buy it and stay happily married. I chose the latter.

Sweet move.

rd

#5745 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Same here.

#5746 7 years ago

divorced, which more easily allowed my silly LE purchase

#5747 7 years ago

Well, after watching those two Man on the Silver Mountain videos, I have come to these conclusions.

I can now better understand why the Brits have always been so gobsmacked that we here in the US don't regard RB as highly as other guitarists who were much more popular. RB really was the real deal--I stand corrected.

Bonnet was way out of his element on this tune. I think he did some really nice tunes with Rainbow--just not this one.

#5748 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Brits have always been so gobsmacked that we here in the US don't regard RB as highly as other guitarists who were much more popular

Blackmore is a god.

Deep Purple were big in the USA back in the early/mid 70s too ... witness the California Jam with the Mk3 lineup. But they never seemed to kick on from that and the legacy disappeared, in the USA at least.

Quoted from Billy16:

Bonnet was way out of his element on this tune. I think he did some really nice tunes with Rainbow--just not this one.

I've read interviews with Bonnet where he says he never really wanted to sing hard rock. He was all about crooning and rockabilly music. That could go a long way to explain why he usually only ever did one album with an act (Rainbow and MSG come to mind ...)

rd

#5749 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Dave says it all. If someone with 125 pinball machines isn't in...but this math certainly doesn't add up. ST $4300 + FG $5000 + Batman TDK $4500 + 1/2 Avatar $2000 = $15,800. Oh wait it really does add up! wow.

#5750 7 years ago

I have been watching Stern and this post for a while now, and I have to say as someone that has been into pinball my whole life, this is been the biggest scam in pinball ever! If you are willing to by a Batman 66 thinking that it is going to revolutionize pinball the way Funhouse, T2, AFM, MB, or any of the countless other great games have, you have lost your mind. They are banking on an old man license that is a rehash of a game that came out 10 years ago. They are probably scared out of their minds about the backlash if this game doesn't play the way you would expect a $15,000 game should play. That's the reason they increased the Sle's, Because they are going to need to recoup more money than they originally thought after all of the people that are going to be putting this game on blast when they actually play it. There aren't enough modes in the world to save this thing at this point and they are focusing on the topper? If you have the money to spend then it is no big deal, but if you are putting money into this thinking that it is going to be the best pinball ever because you are a fan of pinball, you are going to curse at Stern forever because this game is not going to be the holy grail like MB, AFM, SS, or anything close. They put a Color lcd on a BDK with slightly different rule set. It's sad that they are not trying to push new features to really wow the $15,000 out of people, but instead pulling a bait and switch on people while at the same time pulling fake promises of when they will show you what it does. Again, there are tons of people willing to throw their money away on something they have never seen, I for one am cool with putting 50 cents into one I come across and saving $14,999.50 on laughing on why anyone would give their money to a sub-par company like Stern. They really are showing that they don't give a crap about anyone. It's a great scam if you are Gary Stern but I am tired of hearing about it.
First and probably last post like this. Sorry if I offended anyone....

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/115?hl=walt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.