• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    46%
  • Eartha Kitt 49 votes
    13%

(375 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 142.
#5601 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Is it really that difficult for people to understand? Stern said that there would only be 30. They priced it and presented it as the very special reward for the customer. Once they realized that more profit was to be had, all that went out the window. Customer appreciation be damned, it's about money now. Furthermore, that $15k price was meant to reinforce rarity, which was diluted by more than half.
It's selfish and greedy.

#5602 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Stern is a for profit company whose goal is to maximize profits. If they price their products too high the market will respond accordingly. I dont think Stern adjusting their prices for what the think the market can bear makes them greedy, it makes them business men.
I also wish NIB prices were lower but they are what they are.
The great thimg about this hobby though is that you can have just as much fun with a decades old sub 1k game as you can with an 8k NIB one.

Great post.

This is why economics, finance and accounting should be taught from grades 5 - 12.

Too many people just do not have a clue how a free market economy works.

I love Milton Friedman...He should be required reading in school...guess I wouldn't mind a Milton Friedman pinball machine LOL

#5603 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Too many people just do not have a clue how a free market economy works.

Yeah lots of armchair quaterbacks here who think they could do it better. I agree with others that Sterns marketing strategies could be better but the fact they have been here 30 and just quadrupled the size of their factory last year says something.

#5604 2 years ago

Imo as other people said the SLE doesn't bother me one bit. They could have made 8 or 80 or 800 copies and it would be the same to me.

I don't really care a bit limited ness of a pin, but moreso the art or extra features like STLE or TWD which I really like the cabinet art. I don't have TWD LE but to me the different art on the LE is really nice.

If someone has enough money to spend twice the cost of a previous LE for a stupid whatever it has then they really have more money than brains. Most likely to these guys who can spend $15k because the pin has nicer cabinet decals like $15K to some people is like $15 to other people.

But it's the higher price of the LE that really has me puzzled since to me it's just for the topper, the armor and a few trinkets.

It's also the higher price of the premium that I can understand although that's the only sane price of the bunch. But to me the addition of a color LCD does not equal to a $1000 bump over prior premium costs. And I'm thinking Stern is laying the groundwork for the new price structure going forward.

#5605 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But it's the higher price of the LE that really has me puzzled since to me it's just for the topper, the armor and a few trinkets.

It's also the higher price of the premium that I can understand although that's the only sane price of the bunch. But to me the addition of a color LCD does not equal to a $1000 bump over prior premium costs. And I'm thinking Stern is laying the groundwork for the new price structure going forward.

Aerosmith will confirm whether BM66 is a "boutique" release, with a higher price, or a new standard. Everything Stern has said is the higher price represents the smaller run of the game.

I won't argue for the value of the LE, it is high, but at least we do get a $500 topper which is not an LE feature. Plus the color lcd to me is worth something since I put colordmds in my games. The LE itself is a fine looking LE. If the SLE didn't exist, the LE is a plenty nice machine. And at 240 produced LEs, with the individualized machine names, it is a real LE.

For me personally, the SLE DOES NOT exist. I had entertained buying one before all the details were announced, and in the end wasn't even offered one. So I also have no opinion on its price any longer, or care that they went from 30 to 80. Since I'm not a buyer, it gets a big "meh" from me.

#5606 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I guess I understand the principled aspect of your point, but I don't understand why you're so passionate about it or personally offended if you're not an SLE buyer. The numbers changed from 30 to 80 before buyers were selected, so no one was on the hook for an SLE at the 30 quantity and then had the rug pulled out from under them.

exactly, I don't give a shit how many they make and I would say the same even If I was a buyer, the last reason on my list to buy a LE/SLE is rarity, in fact it doesn't even make the list. Stern will either continue to sell pins at these prices and be successful or they won't and prices will come down or they will go out of business, its a game, lots of pins out there, lots of choices as of today, "if its too hot in the kitchen, stay away from the cook" Archie Bunker 1972.

#5607 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If someone has enough money to spend twice the cost of a previous LE for a stupid whatever it has then they really have more money than brains.

That's quite the insult.

Any time you want to compare brains (or bank accounts for that matter) let me know.

#5608 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If someone has enough money to spend twice the cost of a previous LE for a stupid whatever it has then they really have more money than brains. Most likely to these guys who can spend $15k because the pin has nicer cabinet decals like $15K to some people is like $15 to other people.

No offense but I don't think its a good idea to compare brain power with the English you just used in this paragraph, I hope ur not just figuring out now that money to some people is easily spent and to others must be budgeted and held sacred.

#5609 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If someone has enough money to spend twice the cost of a previous LE for a stupid whatever it has then they really have more money than brains.

This is the kind of thinking that will doom this country.

No need to insult people for spending their hard earned money the way they please.

My friends learned a long time ago that I answer their "why did you buy X?" question with only 1 answer: "I work my ass off and I wanted it."

#5610 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yeah lots of armchair quaterbacks here who think they could do it better.

Really? How many people here have said they think they could do it better? I never hear that from people here. There are not many people that could do it at all. Very few could even attempt to make pinball machines. Does that mean that we should never complain when someone does a suck job? (I am allowed to say suck job because the replacement playfield in my Game of Thrones is now starting to ghost at one of the inserts, and that sucks implying that in this case, the job done on these playfields sucks in my opinion).

#5611 2 years ago

Some of you people need to get your ears cleaned out.

Go back and listen to what Gomez and Lyman have said and then keep making up your own set of BS facts

#5612 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Really? How many people here have said they think they could do it better? I never hear that from people here. There are not many people that could do it at all. Very few could even attempt to make pinball machines. Does that mean that we should never complain when someone does a suck job? (I am allowed to say suck job because the replacement playfield in my Game of Thrones is now starting to ghost at one of the inserts, and that sucks implying that in this case, the job done on these playfields sucks in my opinion).

The earlier post was more in regards in regards to the business mangement decisions, especially pricing, rather than the actual manufacturing of pinball machines.

I think a lot of the complainers in this thread arent even customers of Batman66 (especially the SLE which everyone keeps highlighting) so I dont get why they care about how much stern is charging for it.

You should definitley complain if you got a defective product. If you didn't then nothing would get fixed. Fortunately, it appears Stern is taking steps to take care of the people who are having playfield issues. Hopes yours gets taken care of as well.

I've had to contact Stern 3 times in the past for my Tron LE, Trek Premium, and an IJ4 and in all 3 cases they went above and beyond what I would have expected to resolve my issues. If they are any issues with my Batman66 I'm not at all worried about Stern not taking care of them.

#5613 2 years ago

6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8 (resized).jpg

#5614 2 years ago

Stern is going to keep pushing the pricing envelope until one day people just stop buying. Maybe BM66 will be their wake-up call of "Hmm...maybe we've taken this about as far as we can." Or maybe they keep pushing. If they alienate pinball enthusiasts enough to where they choose to get their pinball fix elsewhere (due to quality control issues, lack of respect for customers, unrealistic pricing structure, etc.), Stern will go under--and rightfully so.

#5615 2 years ago

So......who is looking forward to playing some Batman 66?

#5616 2 years ago

I am. Game looked great in person. LCD was just the right size. Wondering how it will look in a game with the video taking up the full screen and not just the area inside the old fashioned TV rounded corner "bezel" being displayed on the LCD.

#5617 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Aerosmith will confirm whether BM66 is a "boutique" release, with a higher price, or a new standard.

These prices remind me a lot of gas prices. $2.19/gal, then they raise it to $4.89/gal and people are stunned in awe as they take it up the rear, then they drop back down to $3.69/gal and people are happy and think everything is back to normal.

#5618 2 years ago

They went with a good size on the LCD, yeah. For the life of me I can't follow everything going on with The Hobbit's LCD. Too much for quick glance info.

#5619 2 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I am. Game looked great in person. LCD was just the right size. Wondering how it will look in a game with the video taking up the full screen and not just the area inside the old fashioned TV rounded corner "bezel" being displayed on the LCD.

I am intrigued about the LCD too. The BM66 video clips looked great. I suspect the gameplay graphics/scoring/etc will look pretty good too. Has to be an improvement over the archaic DMD display.

Again, just a great theme (to me). Will gameplay be great....who knows??? Theme is weighted higher on my Pugh matrix than gameplay. Hence, why Avengers Hulk and X-Men Magneto are two of my favorite machines. :-0

#5620 2 years ago

Even with all of the bickering on pricing, I still wish I would've been on the ball when there were still le/sle's available...I'd be more than happy to take a spot! Perfect theme for me and really great lookin machine.

#5621 2 years ago

any game play videos yet?

#5622 2 years ago

Bring back the dots!

#5623 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Bring back the dots!

I'll miss dots, to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of video clips, but at least we don't have to see video clips ran on a dot matrix ever again. That was the height of terrible "art" in pinball.

#5624 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'll miss dots, to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of video clips, but at least we don't have to see video clips ran on a dot matrix ever again. That was the height of terrible "art" in pinball.

Do you ever have anything good to say?

#5625 2 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Do you ever have anything good to say?

Um, yeah. Do you only read the negative half of what people say and focus on that, or what?

#5626 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Me!!!!

#5627 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I have a feeling its going to be really great, looking forward to playing this pin for sure.

#5628 2 years ago

Several have complained about Sterns service, I have 33, and soon 1 more. Between Melissa at Cointaker and Stern ,
all of my issues were resolved. Can't wait for BM66LE.

#5629 2 years ago

This thread reminds me a lot of the original GOT thread. 90% of the posts in that thread were nothing more than repeatedly bashing the artwork.

Fast forward to BM66, and 90% of the posts are bashing the prices.

#5630 2 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Several have complained about Sterns service, I have 33, and soon 1 more. Between Melissa at Cointaker and Stern ,
all of my issues were resolved. Can't wait for BM66LE.

going from 33 to 66 in 1 purchase

#5631 2 years ago

I can't wait till my LE gets here.

I'm a huge fan of the the right kind of Batman (for the wrong kind, see Batman & Robin).

#5632 2 years ago

Heading to Vegas this weekend. Planning on get a preview of LCD clips from the Batman slot machine!

While i lose $$$ of course

#5633 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This thread reminds me a lot of the original GOT thread. 90% of the posts in that thread were nothing more than repeatedly bashing the artwork.
Fast forward to BM66, and 90% of the posts are bashing the prices.

I bitched about the artwork. I kind of bitched about the game. And then I played it on location. And 2 days later, I bought one. I've admitted I was completely wrong about GOT. I love the game...

However, since it bought it Stern has replaced the playfield (with a populated playfield). I just noticed the other day that the Lannister insert has started to ghost at the top. Will a bunch start to do that? Will the clearcoat break over the multiplier inserts again? I have no idea. Frankly, I'm pissed off that after going through 6 months of replacement procedure it is showing up again. I let the game sit to "cure" just in case that had something to do with it. But really the Stern playfields are crap. And the outcome of that is going to be price increases? Higher price for cheaper components? Ummm, no, this thread is nothing like the GOT thread. This is all new. I'm really curious to see what happens to this playfield will do over the next few months. I'll probably start a thread to monitor it.

#5634 2 years ago

Stern is going to be at Free Play in Florida this weekend. Maybe we see Batman66 show up there? Playable.

#5635 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I bitched about the artwork. I kind of bitched about the game. And then I played it on location. And 2 days later, I bought one. I've admitted I was completely wrong about GOT. I love the game...
However, since it bought it Stern has replaced the playfield (with a populated playfield). I just noticed the other day that the Lannister insert has started to ghost at the top. Will a bunch start to do that? Will the clearcoat break over the multiplier inserts again? I have no idea. Frankly, I'm pissed off that after going through 6 months of replacement procedure it is showing up again. I let the game sit to "cure" just in case that had something to do with it. But really the Stern playfields are crap. And the outcome of that is going to be price increases? Higher price for cheaper components? Ummm, no, this thread is nothing like the GOT thread. This is all new. I'm really curious to see what happens to this playfield will do over the next few months. I'll probably start a thread to monitor it.

that sucks. what is playfield date on your replacement GOT playfield?

#5636 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ummm, no, this thread is nothing like the GOT thread.

Of course it is. Just because the source of the complaining is different doesn't mean it's nothing like the GOT thread.

90% of the posts are complaining about the same thing over and over again. You know....just like the GOT thread.

#5637 2 years ago

Looks as if the main difference between the SLE and LE is the nicer armor and foil type decal? For an additional $5000 (?).

IMO the foil type decal is nice but you can get a BM66 LE + TWD pro or Met pro or IM for similar price of the step up to the SLE. To me, that's a no brainer.

#5638 2 years ago

Title of thread:Batman 66 by Stern New Info

No New Info that I can read.
Just bitching and complaining.

#5639 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Looks as if the main difference between the SLE and LE is the nicer armor and foil type decal? For an additional $5000 (?).
IMO the foil type decal is nice but you can get a BM66 LE + TWD pro or Met pro or IM for similar price of the step up to the SLE. To me, that's a no brainer.

Asked and answered, 100 times. 50 of them by you Rai.

#5640 2 years ago

What good is replacing a defective product with another? As someone with a damaged playfield, why should anyone bother to replace? Embarrassing. Done with new Stern games. Wasn't willing to "apply" for one anyway. Pfft.

#5641 2 years ago

The price complaints are overshadowing the overall release of yet another new pin in a time as fans we have never had so much choice and so many options and things to complain about

I am as unhappy as some others about the pricing of BM66, hell im only 30 so probably one of the youngest BM66 fans out there (used to watch it with my old man all the time) for me it was another - it will take something big to stop me from buying it theme and the price was big enough to put me off, not because I couldn't afford one but because it is not worth the asking price "to me" and it's no different to any other game, some games are worth substainly more to others, but ultimately if you don't like the pricing of a pin the best way to show your displeasure is to buy something else.

At the end of the day Stern don't care if a couple hundred Pinsiders are upset about the price and just bitching about it on pinside but if those couple hundred that would have brought the next NIB title don't and show their displeasure with their wallets then Stern is more likely to take notice.

I wanted BM66 but price turned me off so I just brought a NIB Star Trek LE for about 2k cheaper than a BM66 LE, simple solution and I couldn't be happier plus it saved me a lot of time and energy getting angry about crazy pricing.

#5647 2 years ago

I just picked up the series on Blu-Ray yesterday to celebrate my LE arriving in a few weeks.

#5648 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I just picked up the series on Blu-Ray yesterday to celebrate my LE arriving in a few weeks.

Have you reliably heard it will be out before the end of the year? I've been trying to get a feel for likely delivery and haven't really been able to pin down a good estimate.

#5649 2 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Have you reliably heard it will be out before the end of the year? I've been trying to get a feel for likely delivery and haven't really been able to pin down a good estimate.

End of November/Early December is what I was told.

#5650 2 years ago

Been told by multiple sources "by Christmas" for SLE. Hope it works out that way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 179.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside