PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 142.
#5451 7 years ago

edit- answered own question

#5452 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

In their ATM checking account? I assure you not all of them do.

I didn't say all, but I would say most.
50k is nothing to have in cash if you are making a lot of money.
They bring home more than that in a month and sometimes a week.

But who really gives an F - let's get back to pinball

#5453 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Yes, they absolutely do
50k is nothing to have in cash if you are making a lot of money

They 'all' dont but I'm sure some do. Making money is the easy part. Keeping it is the hard part.

Just like they don't 'all' line up to buy an an overpriced pin even if they like the theme.

You're welcome to your opinion on the subject though. As you note, lets move on!

#5454 7 years ago

I'm not sure if anyone else is feeling this way, but I am thinking of bowing out of my Batman SLE. It's not the $15K that bothers me so much. It really is the extra $1500 I have to pay for state taxes here in Illinois. I would definitely keep this game for years, but if I ever decided to sell it, I would have a $1500 handicap against the entire market. Nobody else is going to pay that. I have to decide by tomorrow when my deposit is due. Any input would be appreciated.

#5455 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I'm not sure if anyone else is feeling this way, but I am thinking of bowing out of my Batman SLE. It's not the $15K that bothers me so much. It really is the extra $1500 I have to pay for state taxes here in Illinois. I would definitely keep this game for years, but if I ever decided to sell it, I would have a $1500 handicap against the entire market. Nobody else is going to pay that. I have to decide by tomorrow when my deposit is due. Any input would be appreciated.

You will regret it if you pull out, I know I would.

#5456 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

have it delivered out of state & pick it up there.

#5457 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

$15k or $16.5K, in that rarified atmosphere does it really matter?

#5458 7 years ago

I'm in the same boat, I said a while back that I was bowing out and since I have been going back and forth hoping I would see something by now on the game play or reach something positive that would get me moving on it. I'm in TX and I'll end up paying an extra $550 total for freight and even with the white glove it will still be F.O.B. so that leaves me a little nervous. All the strings attached and no skin on their end is the only reason I have been in stall mode. Bottom line for me is that tomorrow will be S&*t or get off the pot day...

Quoted from BackFlipper:

#5459 7 years ago

As long as it's worth at least 16.5K then you're good.

#5460 7 years ago

My wife and children have been bugging me to take this train wreck of a dog in and I have been like "No WAY!".. I made a deal that I would let them take the dog as long as I don't hear squat about BM66SLE if I spent the money.. Well they called my bluff!!! HAHA

Dog (resized).jpgDog (resized).jpg

#5461 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Are you hoping to break even on every pin you ever sell? If you are planning to keep it for years, who cares if you lose money on it. You enjoyed it and played it. Is that not worth a couple of bucks?

#5462 7 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

My wife and children have been bugging me to take this train wreck of a dog in and I have been like "No WAY!".. I made a deal that I would let them take the dog as long as I don't hear squat about BM66SLE if I spent the money.. Well they called my bluff!!! HAHA

What did you name him, "Justice"?

#5463 7 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Bottom line for me is that tomorrow will be S&*t or get off the pot day...

Being expected to make such a decision without at least seeing gameplay video is mind boggling to me but I guess Stern figures that gameplay isn't much of a determining factor for anyone willing to pay the premium for the SLE.

They should extend the deadline.

If you decide to cancel, instead you could just say your not sending any more money in until you see video. If you leave it up to them to actively cancel your order they may not.

#5464 7 years ago

No he's 8 years old and already has a name "Obi Wan Kenobi"!!! He has some allergy half his hair is falling out! Although changing it to "Justice" would be fitting..

#5465 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

No one.
Has.
Seen.
Gameplay.

It's your money, brotha!

#5466 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

They should extend the deadline.

When is the deadline?

#5467 7 years ago

Yes,yes,ahhh,the crowd begins to thin!!!The BS is just about over! Can't wait to hear all the whining about ,Oh,I decided not to buy this pin I've been ratchet jawing about for 2 months,cause my dog has fleas,My Daughter cost me 10,000.on her teeth,car in the shop.bla,bla,bla!!

#5468 7 years ago

BS,extend nothing!!!Pay up,or shut up!!!

#5469 7 years ago

I'm good w my LE choice ( probably in the minority when I say I like the side cab art on the LE better than the SLE....I know it's 3D foil stuff, but I'll take the character/ callout layout for this one over the batmobile any day)

Gotta have the damn beacon and blade art though.....hope that's not the missing 5k part....

#5470 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No one.
Has.
Seen.
Gameplay.

It's your money, brotha!

i did

#5471 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

When is the deadline?

tomorrow

#5473 7 years ago

Is it worth it??

#5474 7 years ago

The pin was in the big room that was used for the Adam West photo session.
i'm standing there waiting about 10 feet from Adam. One of the pins is positioned behind him for the photo shoot background.
a kid (like maybe 7-8ish?), who clearly has pinball machines at home, went up to the pin, hit start, plunged & started to play.
nobody there cared (or were just busy with everything else).
so, i walked on over and watched.
it plays a lot like dark knight, except for all the stuff going on in the top left.
either the kid wasn't targeting the top left shots well, or maybe it wasn't active/coded yet (was a little distracted, as Batman was 1 foot away at that point).

the sound was turned down low on the pin, but I could hear music playing from it. don't recall if sound effects were active.

#5475 7 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Is it worth it??

Buy it..it's probably the best deal out of the 3. I know I sound crazy but since only 80 are made..you'll be safe.

#5476 7 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Is it worth it??

have to break it down some...

if you like the theme/branding, then that's a yes.
if you like dark knight game play + some new stuff, then yes.
if you want the color display with tons of batman 66 themed animations/clips, then yes.
if you want to say you have Stern's first color display pin, then yes.
if you want to hear the batman tv show music, sound effects and voices, then yes.

if some of those are no's for ya, then... well...

the playfield feels like a 30% change (top/left-ish) from dark knight.
i don't know what's changed in terms of game play modes, mini-games, multi-ball, etc... compared to dark knight. so that's a big knowledge gap at this point.

#5477 7 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Is it worth it??

ps. i have 2 on order
anyone want to buy an LE ?

#5478 7 years ago

You have two SLE's on order??? How did that happen?

#5479 7 years ago

And still no game-play video!?!?!?!? Seriously?!?!??!?

#5480 7 years ago

They will probably ignore me or tell me to pound sand but I sent an email to the folks I've gone back and forth with asking for a video link of game plan before I decide to do anything with it.

#5481 7 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

You have two SLE's on order??? How did that happen?

1 le << for sale
1 sle >> mine mine mine

#5482 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

1 le << for sale
1 sle >> mine mine mine

That's bad ass!

Congrats.

#5483 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I haven't had a stern spike game yet but I read they use node boards to act as a communication point between boards using cat5 cable?

Not sure if it's certified CAT5 or not, but definitely 4-pair unshielded twisted pair. For RS-485 they could probably use chicken wire and get away with it.

#5484 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's bad ass!
Congrats.

Agreed....and he kept reminding me when he pulled it off at expo...cold, cold.....!!!

#5485 7 years ago

It's ok though.....not sure I would have dropped $15k that day....was still in shock I committed to around $18k on 2 machines as it was.....

#5486 7 years ago

Brett rocks, btw.....really glad I got to meet, hangout, and drink ( a bit) w him....good guy!!!

#5487 7 years ago

I have an LE on order, for full disclosure purposes. I'm a little shocked that anyone who studied the BM66 SLE buying opportunity/trap/investment, or whatever you want to call it, and went to the trouble of making a video to win the privilege to pay $15K for a pinball machine without a feature matrix would have second thoughts at this point for any reason. Buyers of an indulgence on this level should either have enough money that it won't matter, or else they shouldn't have taken the bait. IMHO they've "got the Tiger by the tail" now so to speak.

#5488 7 years ago

only pic i could find on phone after expo

come on down to TPF in March dude

dog-drink-1 (resized).jpgdog-drink-1 (resized).jpg

#5489 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Pm me if you decide you dont want it.

#5490 7 years ago

We've heard quite a lot from you Rarehero,are you buying a B66,or just hanging around to chat???

#5491 7 years ago

Rare ,I think Hawkmoon wants to rumble.

#5492 7 years ago

I didn't want to bother with an SLE and the moment I saw it, I regretted not applying. Will just have to make do with an LE.

#5493 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

only pic i could find on phone after expo
come on down to TPF in March dude

I'll be there!!!

#5494 7 years ago

schwing-1 (resized).jpgschwing-1 (resized).jpg

#5495 7 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Rare ,I think Hawkmoon wants to rumble.

He can sit on a Sybian.

#5496 7 years ago

For $15K you could buy 3 copies of BMDK and throw 1 off the roof and make the other 1 into a fancy writing desk.

1b279bbedab011ff0d24c8aba4d82923 (resized).jpg1b279bbedab011ff0d24c8aba4d82923 (resized).jpg

#5497 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He can sit on a Sybian.

serbia-1 (resized).jpgserbia-1 (resized).jpg

#5498 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He can sit on a Sybian.

But it would have to be the SLE (Sybian Limited Edition)

EDIT: Why was the wonderful ad for the Sybian Limited Edition removed? It even has a numbered certificate!
Seriously though, is it against the rules to post pictures of abstract sextoys? The Sybian site is not age limited or anything like that, there is no age restriction on these things (or is there in the US maybe???).

#5499 7 years ago

Wow,Rare,you must enjoy that very much,to suggest it to others!You should't let your private activities out on a web site though!!

#5500 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I think that is a really bad reason to not buy the game. How much of your other "recreational dollars" do you every get back. Going on vacation, out to a nice meal, concerts, luxury cars, and so much more. Some would say those are also a waste of money. It is fortunate that we can get most of our money back out of pinball machines when we sell them. You have probably spent $1500 on something that didn't give you as much enjoyment as pinball does. Just 5 years ago, most NIB purchases lost $500-$1000. Pinball is fun, enjoy it, and buy the game because you love the theme and love pinball. It's only money, you can make more.
Dino

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/110?hl=walt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.