PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 142.
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

a) are willing to throw more money than sense at things... because they can
or
b) those who believe they MUST have the most elusive stuff and are miff'd they don't have access to get it
or
c) those who think they are special and are miff'd they didn't get invited

Or d) Really appreciate the theme, have had good overall experiences with the manufacturer and their distributors, and enjoy the hobby.

Everyone who goes to a good steakhouse is not a pompous ass because they could essentially get the same thing for less at Outback. Nor is everyone who buys a Honda Accord LX feel they "MUST have the most exclusive stuff" and turn up their nose at a base Honda Accord.

Generalizing everyone like that shows off some real insecurities. What an obnoxious, insulting post.

#502 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm still bothered by it. I'm also a little concerned if this will be an ongoing product offering now. Will every new title have a Super LE? So, every new title has a "real" LE, and then another LE for the rest of us?
It's not "Give me an LE or nothing"... but it's "If you're offering me a second tier LE (with price hike)... then maybe I skip paying extra for that LE and go with a premium... later, if I still feel like it".
Some people have commented that maybe I'm good enough a customer that I could call in some Stern favors and go for one of these Super LEs... but again, is this just the start of a new way of doing things? Do I have to deal with Super LEs from now on? As one of their good LE customers, they are bordering on running me off.

The Super LE is a 30th anniversay, once-only, Gary rewards/gifts friends for 30 year relationship thing, from what I know.
I expect going back to the Pro/prem/LE next model.

799 STLE and 240 BM66LE will leave 559 people unable to have both - as part of the 559, I wouldnt feel second tier, slighted, not good-enough.

On Spooky RZ LE, the 50 were for dibs by the early supporters of SPooky who bought early in on AMH to make the business get off the ground. Charlie said those first 50 were making a huge leap of confidence in him, and part of his momentum during the tough, stressful startup bumps. I see Gary's 30 supers, as kind of the same, thanks for going down this road together gifts.

#503 7 years ago

I reached out to Keith and he gave a response.

twitter (resized).JPGtwitter (resized).JPG

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

The Super LE is a 30th anniversay, once-only, Gary rewards/gifts friends for 30 year relationship thing, from what I know.

I hope so. Just goes back to the overall lack of info we've been given.

#505 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I hope so. Just goes back to the overall lack of info we've been given.

I've gotten alot more info from my distributor that has only been shared with his customers at first. Mainly b/c snippets might be taken out of context and create more confusion than clarification.

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Perhaps you should ask Joe what he thinks about Keith. Two sides to every story......

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

While those were very cool, all they have that's different is a little plaque and some speech outtakes in the ROM. I have two friends who own STTNG cast machines, and the story of getting them from the cast members is cooler than anything else about them, IMHO.

Can you tell that story? I'm intrigued.

#508 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

While those were very cool, all they have that's different is a little plaque and some speech outtakes in the ROM

Yup.. but note we don't even know what the SLE will have at all.. so the commentary and reactions are more about their very existance.. than about their SUBSTANCE. And that's my point, people are getting wrapped around the axel based on the very knowledge this is happening.. vs actually being impacted.

Such 'very exclusive' kinds of games have been around for decades. No need to get wound up now...

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Generalizing everyone like that shows off some real insecurities. What an obnoxious, insulting post.

The post was about people who were getting WORKED UP over their existence.

Your 'd' category should be more than happy with a LE. The post was about those getting worked up about a SLE being made yet not being allowed to have a shot at buying. If you were simply category 'd' as you highlight, you don't even know what a SLE *IS* except that it's limited to 30, so why would it be the product for you unless there are other factors involved.

#510 7 years ago

That's Canadian cost. It should be 8K street price for the domestic sales (not MSRP) unless Stern increased the pricing again.

Quoted from rubberducks:

If true that probably means it'll be significantly more than a WOZ Ruby Red or Hobbit Smaug in the UK - currently £8995 (~$11,800). Good luck selling those.
Edit: or are you talking C$ ... ?

#511 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Perhaps you should ask Joe what he thinks about Keith. Two sides to every story......

DE wars vs WMS/everyone are well know.. and don't center around Keith.. but the DE story does center around Joe.

#512 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Only if you promise not to yell at me for putting the outlane extender mod on mine!!!!

#513 7 years ago

Can someone who has gotten a ball park on the premium price PM me? I'd like to know the difference.

#514 7 years ago

They had to take deposits, how else are they going to fund the expensive playfield replacements.

#515 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Edit: or are you talking C$ ... ?

$10.5K US MSRP for LE, deposit non refundable as per Stern's new policy. Not sure why Stern would announce the existence of an SLE if they are only for his "friends" and not for any of the rest of us. To hype this pin and force $2000 deposits without so much as a simple picture or feature matrix is ridiculous. I was going to order an LE but I find this to be such an disgusting marketing ploy that I can't bring myself to give Stern any money. I hope they change this policy in the future.

#517 7 years ago

Eugene Jarvis.... nice! I didn't know he was still around.

Premium, LE, Super LE.... is like ordering drinks at a fast food place...Large, Super Large, Mega Super Large.

#518 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

DE wars vs WMS/everyone are well know.. and don't center around Keith.. but the DE story does center around Joe.

When he says spamming licenses I didn't know what he meant. Does he mean DE/Sega would horde licenses just so others couldn't have them?

#519 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

$10.5K US MSRP for LE, deposit non refundable as per Stern's new policy. Not sure why Stern would announce the existence of an SLE if they are only for his "friends" and not for any of the rest of us. To hype this pin and force $2000 deposits without so much as a simple picture or feature matrix is ridiculous. I was going to order an LE but I find this to be such an disgusting marketing ploy that I can't bring myself to give Stern any money. I hope they change this policy in the future.

The beauty of the situation is this: for those who MUST have low numbered rare things, there are enough who will bite, no questions asked. For potential customers such as yourself...you'll be able to see and hopefully play the game - and at that point if it's awesome enough, you can buy a Premium without worrying about the politics of "collectors" - you'll *gasp* buy the game because you actually LIKE the GAME....and the price won't be so insane.

#520 7 years ago

I am going to pretend this "Super LE" doesn't even exist. Its really not smart to announce it to the public anyway when the public can't get it.

#521 7 years ago

Maybe it's a special "Batman v SUPERman LE"

#522 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I am going to pretend this "Super LE" doesn't even exist. Its really not smart to announce it to the public anyway when the public can't get it.

The_Cartmanland_Amusement_Park (resized).jpgThe_Cartmanland_Amusement_Park (resized).jpg

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think everyone has the right to defend themselves.

#524 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Only if you promise not to yell at me for putting the outlane extender mod on mine!!!!

When have you and I ever tussled?

#526 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yup.. but note we don't even know what the SLE will have at all.. so the commentary and reactions are more about their very existance.. than about their SUBSTANCE. And that's my point, people are getting wrapped around the axel based on the very knowledge this is happening.. vs actually being impacted.
Such 'very exclusive' kinds of games have been around for decades. No need to get wound up now...

coin mechs
color
UK buyers get power cord
but, no diffuser included

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

When have you and I ever tussled?

Just joshin' ya - but you get pretty defensive about the GB gap and mods to make the game more fun. There are a set of STTNG outlane extenders (I think they're 1/8 inch longer) that, like GB - make the game more fun. Back in the day people would complain about destroying the designers intent and to "play better" - and then Steve Ritchie himself said that he likes the outlane mod and wishes he and designed it that way in the first place.

#528 7 years ago

Kudos to Stern.

Looks like SLE and LE will all be sold out without people even seeing pictures of the game

Maybe it is old fashioned to play a game before buying.

#529 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just joshin' ya - but you get pretty defensive about the GB gap and mods to make the game more fun. There are a set of STTNG outlane extenders (I think they're 1/8 inch longer) that, like GB - make the game more fun. Back in the day people would complain about destroying the designers intent and to "play better" - and then Steve Ritchie himself said that he likes the outlane mod and wishes he and designed it that way in the first place.

Based on the two different games I've played, I do think the flipper gap and the need for a center post to be overblown.

I am open minded to putting on protectors for airballs, and maybe inlane guide changes if they prove to be an issue.

#530 7 years ago

Wtf is the Keefer situation?

Someone else posted a tweet but the pic it referenced was deleted

Now there's a FB post with 100+ posts that I still cannot decipher

#531 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Wtf is the Keefer situation?
Someone else posted a tweet but the pic it referenced was deleted
Now there's a FB post with 100+ posts that I still cannot decipher

The internet is hard - https://twitter.com/pinballkeefer

#532 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

X10...Kaminkow can thank the designers at Williams for all of his ideas.

#533 7 years ago

I like Stern's plan. Charge as much as you can and more and more seem to keep buying. That brings in higher end buyers and weeds out the bottom feeders.

They are the Disney of pinball.

#534 7 years ago

Maybe it's all away to scare people into not complaining about issues. If you behave you can have a SLE. Big deposit with no return? Feeds right into the buying market, hurry don't minis out. Brilliant, always be closing.

#535 7 years ago

$10.5K for an LE ? That doesn't even have invisiglass, widebody, or who knows what else?

ray liotta goodfellas laughing (resized).jpgray liotta goodfellas laughing (resized).jpg

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

$10.5K for an LE ? That doesn't even have invisiglass, widebody, or who knows what else?

People gave Jpop more than that for air. Some pinball people don't care what's in the box as long as it's rare. 200-ish is a magic number to make all logic fly out the window.

#537 7 years ago

If I was Stern I would keep jacking up the price to just ridiculous levels if people kept paying it. Why wouldn't you?

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm still bothered by it. I'm also a little concerned if this will be an ongoing product offering now. Will every new title have a Super LE? So, every new title has a "real" LE, and then another LE for the rest of us?

Mustang had a few dozen 50th anniversary "to the day" games.

Since they were only made a single day, they are much rarer than any LE.

55dcc182bd4a845da8c62a9925de0a033fc3f471 (resized).jpg55dcc182bd4a845da8c62a9925de0a033fc3f471 (resized).jpg

#539 7 years ago

I believe the pricing is already at ridiculous levels, which is why I am no longer a buyer.

#540 7 years ago

I don't believe the LE will be anywhere near 10,500. More like 8,500 street.

#541 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

If you didn't figure it out already Rarehero has one, he can tell the story, and the Facebook link is to the other, Pat's game. Looks like you can't see if if you're not friends with him, I don't want to post photos without his permission, but he's standing with the actor who played Worf next to the NIB STTNG game. Rarehero also opened his NIB. The actors just didn't care about the pins I guess!

Edit: vid posted it, so it's on him, not me. I'm sure Pat wouldn't mind at all though.

#542 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I believe the pricing is already at ridiculous levels, which is why I am no longer a buyer.

Spooky makes fun, fairly low cost games.

#543 7 years ago

Greatest picture evah!

13260041_1701058860158323_7597648533150492034_n (resized).jpg13260041_1701058860158323_7597648533150492034_n (resized).jpg

#544 7 years ago

LE price will be an increase on GBLE. Super LE will be close to double GBLE.

So does anyone have any idea when we will get to see the actual game? Do we have to wait until Expo in October?

#545 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

X10...Kaminkow can thank the designers at Williams for all of his ideas.

The Batman slot is pretty impressive and bringing some of that video technology to pinball is awesome. That twitter channel is full of negativity and low blows...as expected.

#546 7 years ago

I love the theme, but Stern is engineering its own price bubble. Impressive from a marketing perspective, but the private equity-owned company can profiteer without my money. It's amazing how Stern has achieved such high prices with such a low quality product recently.

We are paying car-level amounts of money for a table with pins in it. hehe. Go for it, dudes!

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If I was Stern I would keep jacking up the price to just ridiculous levels if people kept paying it. Why wouldn't you?

Well, that's why they have the multiple tiers. They can get every possible demographic to pay up. Collector rich dude types clearly have no problem paying tons for these games. Stern still needs the Premium to be close or less than a JJP game to compete with that market...and then there's the Pro in the $5k range, which no other pinball maker can touch.

#548 7 years ago

Sure is.

He's posting links to pics that are not working/deleted

Screenshot_20160831-154915 (resized).pngScreenshot_20160831-154915 (resized).png

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

People have already are paying this much for used games, non-HER, mods or not.
People have already paid this much for NIB games from multiple manufacturers, even with "free shipping".
People have already placed orders of non-refundable deposits for this specific title LE.
People have already decided sight unseen, and have no idea what they are buying or if it is a direct retheme, or combination retheme.
Some people will keep their games in the box and never open them expecting them to "immediately increase in value by $1000-2000" within the first few months.
Others will keep their games in boxes for YEARS, thinking they can "bank" them for a rainy day.

Who is really the joke on, the buyers, the distributors, private re-resellers or manufacturers?
There really is not a whole lot of speculation required.

Look at my "irrationally hate" thread post in the basement, it is SPOT ON.

GLTA.

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Sure is.
He's posting links to pics that are not working/deleted

Sounds like he's crying about something on Twitter.

Either way, over 500 posts here and no pictures yet?

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.