• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    46%
  • Eartha Kitt 49 votes
    13%

(375 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 142.
#5401 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think the comparison of " rich" vs. " wealth" applies best in this case. A " rich" person could be a pro athlete, actor, etc.
A " wealthy" person is the one that writes those checks.
Completely different

Yes agreed. The pro athletes and actors are the super rich. Different from what I am talking about. I am talking about he more obtainable status of the 1% wealthiest which is an adjusted gross income of $435,000 or more.

#5402 2 years ago

Back on topic....I WANT SOME BM66 FLIPPING VIDEO!!!!!!

#5403 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Since Stern fixed it, I wouldn't worry.
LTG : )

Lloyd, when was this fixed? I've heard that current games still have them, but I haven't seen them for myself recently. I'd love to see that this has been fixed.

#5404 2 years ago

Lets hang upside down,and chill,till we hear about a firm delivery date.OK???:)Cubs might pull it out,it;s 3-1 cubs!!

#5405 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Lets hang upside down,and chill,till we hear about a firm delivery date.OK???:)Cubs might pull it out,it;s 3-1 cubs!!

Whether the Cubs win the World Series is tbd. Nobody questions Chicago having the best deep dish pizza on the planet. There is some chatter about WHO serves the best pie. Giovanni's wins my endorsement. Mmmmh ... pizza and pinball.

#5406 2 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I would define a rich person as one who has free cash flow far beyond monthly expenses and with little or no long term debt. This type of person will have a checking account that will always have a balance in the account that will far exceed and necessary monthly expenditures. Lets say a balance in the $30,000 range. Beyond that the person would transfer the money to investment accounts. This "wealthy" person would have no trouble dropping $15,000 on a pin or $40,000 on a watch. Although the account would take a hit for the month, the next month the account would be replenished with the free cash flow that is the engine that keeps this person rich.
This is one reasonable, very realistic scenario.

LOL - someone with a balance of $30k in their cash account is way far from rich

#5407 2 years ago

I was at the Stan Lee Comikaze this weekend and asked Burt Ward (Robin) about his involvement with the Batman 66 game. He said he recored a a lot of custom callouts. He estimated in the neighborhood of 300 or so. I asked him if Stern was going to give him a game. He said no free game, he wants one but he has to pay for it.

I asked Adam West if he was gettig a free game and he said that it was still a topic of discussion.

I wonder if back in the Bally/Willams days getting a free game was a standard perk or was it negotiated? I heard all the STTNG cast got personalized games when that came out.

I asked Julie Newmar if she was approached about doing voicework for the pinball game and she didnt know anything about it. Thats too bad it would have been cool to get some custom callouts from her as well.

Besides Stan Lee himself, I think Adam West was the biggest draw at the show. His autograph line was always the longest compared to all the other celebs there.

#5408 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

LOL - someone with a balance of $30k in their cash account is way far from rich

It really depends on how you define being 'rich' and/or 'wealth' I suppose.

IMO, keeping anything over $50K or so in your basic ATM/low interest checking account (when you you can have the same immediate access to cash from many many places and instruments that give you exponentially larger returns) is silly.

#5409 2 years ago

It sure seems like they have a ton of assets to work with to create a deep game with lots of variety. The layout looks a little pedestrian (aside from the carousel thing; that has some fun potential), but the rules are going to make or break this game.

#5410 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

IMO, keeping anything over $50K or so in your basic ATM/low interest checking account (when you you can have the same immediate access to cash from many many places and instruments that give you exponentially larger returns) is silly.

I have my friends, family and brothers at arms, as far as I am concerned, I am one of the richest men alive.

#5411 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I have my friends, family and brothers at arms, as far as I am concerned, I am one of the richest men alive.

i keep mine at arms-length. i'm much richer now

#5412 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Personally, a visit to Lucielles BBQ in your neighbourhood is my cup of tea!

Lucilles is fine dining indeed.

However a SuperLE buyer might have a little more refined tastes. And is willing to pay for it.

Dan-Tanas-sign (resized).jpg

#5413 2 years ago

$50K seems like too much cash... until you need it. Nothing more than a honda accord & a 16x18 composite deck lol.

F'n BM66SLE got us at it again. Game is so expensive the threads are about personal finance. That may be an indicator Stern overshot reasonable pricing hahaha

#5414 2 years ago

I think it's incredible that all we have are pictures and the SLE candidates have a Nov 4th "snooze or lose" line in the sand to pay the deposit if they really want this thing! Maybe I might change my mind and pull the trigger on the 15K if I had a nice video of the game play! I figured we would all see something by now especially after the expo...

IMG_3515 (resized).JPG

#5415 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I think it's incredible that all we have are pictures and the SLE candidates have a Nov 4th "snooze or lose" line in the sand to pay the deposit if they really want this thing! Maybe I might change my mind and pull the trigger on the 15K if I had a nice video of the game play! I figured we would all see something by now especially after the expo...

Shouldn't be incredible at all, this is a dream theme for so many and I'm envious big time, my dream theme would be a toss up between Castle Wolfenstein, Blade Runner and Slayer any of those announced by Stern in SLE form and I'm in, I'm in sight unseen, for me anyway its 1 in every 15 or so pins announce that even remotely excites me and besides Aliens I don't have one theme from the entire pinball history that is a must have so when these things come up its major, I like some of the OG themes from the 80's and 90's but movies/music/TV/videogame not a one.

#5416 2 years ago

I really like the Aliens theme, have you played the new one from Highway?? I am a huge fan of the H.R. Giger Alien art work!

#5417 2 years ago

this dude spent $9M for a license plate (number 5).

I could think of a lot better ways to spend $9M

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/31/news/dubai-million-dollar-license-plates/index.html

161031052722-dubai-license-plate-1-780x439 (resized).jpg

#5418 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Well you can always get a premium. Same game play, less bling, half the cost. Why not wait to play or see a video?

#5419 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well you can always get a premium. Same game play, less bling, half the cost. Why not wait to play or see a video?

For some people it doesn't matter how much it costs, what it looks like or how it plays. If it's their holy grail theme, that is enough to get the most expensive model made.

#5420 2 years ago

Any idea why the batman66 topper would need 2 control boards?

If you listen to the pinball news recording if the stern presentation from expo (about 46:30 mark), George says the boards above the spike board are for the topper.

Ghostbusters didnt need any extra boards for its topper.

273f30b897a8340800d6b5d5f0ad240e6cb6f8fc (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20161031-225352 (resized).png

#5421 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Ghostbusters didnt need any extra boards for its topper.

True. All fisher price toys need are 'C' batteries to operate!

#5422 2 years ago

True. All fisher price toys need are 'C' batteries to operate!

Umm...a bit more than that....believe the topper is truly interactive w different effects ( bat signal that can be rotated, and whatever)....hence the need for more control

#5423 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Umm...a bit more than that....believe the topper is truly interactive w different effects ( bat signal that can be rotated, and whatever)....hence the need for more control

Yep. Was speaking specifically to the GB topper.

#5424 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Do you mean that $10 toy and a LW3 beacon? If you're in on bm66, and you think you're getting any sort of value, it's just not there.

#5425 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Lloyd, when was this fixed?

I'd like to know as well.

#5426 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I don't think the bat signal projector is motorized for movement or focusing. I saw George adjust the projector at the show and it was manually postioned and manually focused.

Maybe one board is needed for the projector and another to drive the beacon lights?

The beacon looked like it didn't actually rotate. I think is has several LED segments that alterately light that simulate a rotating beacon.

#5427 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I don't think the bat signal projector is motorized for movement or focusing. I saw George adjust the projector at the show and it was manually postioned and manually focused.
Maybe one board is needed for the projector and another to drive the beacon lights?
The beacon looked like it didn't actually rotate. I think is has several LED segments that alterately light that simulate a rotating beacon.

The same as the GB topper. It has 2 of the LED panels

#5428 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

The same as the GB topper. It has 2 of the LED panels

And ghostbusters didnt need and extra board to do that.

Maybe batman is using up all the drivers on the spike board and needed another board(s) added to handle the topper lighting effects?

Or maybe the code was soo premature they needed to add those boards to control the topper and they wont be in the production version?

#5429 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think the bat signal projector is potentially motorized. George spoke to " the ability of it to move" at the factory. Maybe I misunderstood.

Suppose " interactive" will be subjective until we see the thing work....I'm rooting for the best, until proven otherwise

#5430 2 years ago

The hard part about motorizing it would be the variety of angles it can be positioned in. George pointed out that it can be positioned to face straight up to the ceiling or straight back to the back wall or to either side or anywhere inbetween. This was smart on Sterns part because everyone has different gameroom setups. It also has a focus ring on it so you could get it to focus regardless of the distance to whatever wall or ceiling surface you were pointing at.

I tried to get a decent pic of it at expo and it looks like its attached via a u shaped piece that is similar to telescope mount. It can swivel around (is that yaw?) And tilt up or down (pitch?) Then you rotate the whole tube part to orient the image point straight up on the surface (roll). Once positioned i'd think you'd want it to stay there.

It would make sense though for the game to flash on or off at the appropriate times during game play.

I like that the signal image is true to one from the tv show. A lot of the car mod led door projector things you see on ebay are a generic batman logo or from the nolan batman films. I've never seen one that used the tv show version like thos one does.

20161101_174915 (resized).jpg
14711626_10154621559694244_9113216220175541068_o (resized).jpg
35a46c75fe82f71eb08c75f709cda3c16c428f24 (resized).jpg
14715698_10154591169349244_2017335222557008358_o (resized).jpg
20161101_180810 (resized).jpg

#5431 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The hard part about motorizing it would be the variety of angles it can be positioned in. George pointed out that it can be positioned to face straight up to the ceiling or straight back to the back wall or to either side or anywhere inbetween. This was smart on Sterns part because everyone has different gameroom setups. It also has a focus ring on it so you could get it to focus regardless of the distance to whatever wall or ceiling surface you were pointing at.
I tried to get a decent pic of it at expo and it looks like its attached via a u shaped piece that is similar to telescope mount. It can swivel around (is that yaw?) And tilt up or down (pitch?) Then you rotate the whole tube part to orient the image point straight up on the surface (roll). Once positioned i'd think you'd want it to stay there.
It would make sense though for the game to flash on or off at the appropriate times during game play.
I like that the signal image is true to one from the tv show. A lot of the car mod led door projector things you see on ebay are a generic batman logo or from the nolan batman films. I've never seen one that used the tv show version like thos one does.

But doesn't it appear the entire assembly is sitting on a substantial housing? I'm not suggesting it has a programmable machine code, but certainly has a potential for something inside there. I guess in the actual show it only a single position skytracker.....would be cool if it actually was triggered on and moved to a couple presets, though....

#5432 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

But doesn't it appear the entire assembly is sitting on a substantial housing? I'm not suggesting it has a programmable machine code, but certainly has a potential for something inside there. I guess in the actual show it only a single position skytracker.....would be cool if it actually was triggered on and moved to a couple presets, though....

I was assuming the metal thing its bolted onto was just a spacer to get it at the right height. If its high enough you could potentially aim it out towards the front so it would project onto the wall behind the player.

All we can due is speculate until Stern gives us more details.

Its too bad the projector isnt included with the topper for the LE. George said you can buy the projector separately for LE and Prem buyers, I'm sure it wont be cheap though.

#5433 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was assuming the metal thing its bolted onto was just a spacer to get it at the right height. If its high enough you could potentially aim it out towards the front so it would project onto the wall behind the player.
All we can due is speculate until Stern gives us more details.
Its too bad the projector isnt included with the topper for the LE. George said you can buy the projector separately for LE and Prem buyers, I'm sure it wont be cheap though.

Let me dream!!! .....I'm definitely getting that and the blade art for my LE.....is what it is, I guess

#5434 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think the bat signal projector is potentially motorized. George spoke to " the ability of it to move" at the factory. Maybe I misunderstood.

You misunderstood. You can move it manually so you can aim it on the wall, the ceiling, etc....they don't know how high your ceilings are or where you're going to place the game....so, you can manually position the bat signal exactly where you want it. It won't move around on its own.

#5435 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You misunderstood. You can move it manually so you can aim it on the wall, the ceiling, etc....they don't know how high your ceilings are or where you're going to place the game....so, you can manually position the bat signal exactly where you want it. It won't move around on its own.

Fair enough....dream crusher....

#5436 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Fair enough....dream crusher....

Well there is still the question of why there are two boards needed in there for the topper. Maybe it will do something cool that they haven't revealed yet. I hope so.

#5437 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well there is still the question of why there are two boards needed in there for the topper. Maybe it will do something cool that they haven't revealed yet. I hope so.

It has the boards for the same reason the GB topper has these two boards. The BM66 topper is just to small to fit them inside the housing.

It astounds me how much hope you guys still put into these kind of toys. Every time a new pins comes out pinsiders dream up the most ridiculous theories of what certain toys might do, just to be completely disappointed when reality catches up with them. Every single time!

PastedGraphic-1 (resized).jpg

#5438 2 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

It has the boards for the same reason the GB topper has these two boards. The BM66 topper is just to small to fit them inside the housing.
It astounds me how much hope you guys still put into these kind of toys. Every time a new pins comes out pinsiders dream up the most ridiculous theories of what certain toys might do, just to be completely disappointed when reality catches up with them. Every single time!

I don't think a rotating beacon is a "ridiculous theory", just speculation on my part. I enjoy my pins, never " completely disappointed "....thank you for saving " us"

#5439 2 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

That makes sense. I never saw the inside of one of the toppers.

I haven't had a stern spike game yet but I read they use node boards to act as a communication point between boards using cat5 cable? So you need a board for each topper to take the cat5, handle whatever their communication protocol is and then have drivers for each of the light effects within the topper.

Since the projector and the topper could be bought and installed separately they each need their own board to do all of that.

#5440 2 years ago

Well, now that depends on that percentage that $50k is of your total net worth.
I can assure you that someone making a million + a year, keeps more than $50k of cash in their bank account.

#5441 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Well, now that depends on that percentage that $50k is of your total net worth.
I can assure you that someone making a million + a year, keeps more than $50k of cash in their bank account.

In their ATM checking account? I assure you not all of them do.

#5442 2 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Agreed...If these toppers were priced at cost plus a nice margin (say...$125) the endless speculations about what they 'can do' would be silly.

#5443 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

this dude spent $9M for a license plate (number 5).
I could think of a lot better ways to spend $9M
http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/31/news/dubai-million-dollar-license-plates/index.html

You gotta admit - that's a damn nice choir robe

#5444 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Me too!

#5445 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If by flippin you mean a guy on the factory floor manually rolling the ball on the playfiled then yes that video exists.

Its part of the factory walkthrough video that was posted on the stern facebook page today.

It looks like a premium cab though. I thought LE's were first followed by SLE's then premiums last.

#5446 2 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

I agree. Just like other recent Stern games, these things have add-on toys readily available from Amazon, eBay or your local Hallmark store. I am pretty sure you can order the add-on Matchbox toys from BM66SLE for like $20 on Amazon...

#5447 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I wonder if back in the Bally/Willams days getting a free game was a standard perk or was it negotiated? I heard all the STTNG cast got personalized games when that came out.

I would imagine (just guessing from limited experience) that the ST:TNG pinballs were purchased by the production company as a gift for the main actors....maybe at a discount (or customization) - who knows - but they were probably not freebies from Williams. Voice actors get paid and thats their 'perk'.

#5448 2 years ago

Has anyone heard what games will be made first? I thought I might have read somewhere that it would be LE's then SLE's.

#5449 2 years ago

This thread has sure slowed down lately, waiting on new game info. Fortunately, most of the emotional gut wrenching over the price increases has been drawn off to a more appropriate thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-been-a-long-time-stern-pinball-fan-but-im-done-with-them

#5450 2 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Has anyone heard what games will be made first? I thought I might have read somewhere that it would be LE's then SLE's.

At the expo talk gary said LE's, then SLE's, then premiums. But he is old and drinks a lot of vodka so who knows for sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside