PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 142.
#5351 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry what I ment was does it light up in game? It can't just be stuck on there surely Stern must have wired it up!?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Gomez said it will be an aftermarket mod available in the Stern Store. Also, I suspect some enterprising Pinsider will figure out how to wire the Walmart toy into the game for the same or similar effect.

#5352 7 years ago

Are those cats at the ramp just flat sheets of plastic?

Reminds me of that shitty plane on the Avengers pinball lol.

The more I think about it the SLE & LE models are fine. Some folks dont feel good unless they pay double. Might as well let Stern be the flipper. Fair enough.

But the lowest priced option being what I think is $8K is where things are annoying. Especially since there seems to be zero custom toys. All I see is off the shelf amazon crap + some printed sheets of plexi & a leftover crane from TDK.

#5353 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

At least with all the excess BM66 profits Stern will be able to pay for replacement playfields for all the SMVE, GB, GOT, and KISS that have defective clearcoats.

We must be brohers. I was telling a fellow local pinballer the PF recall is why BM66 is priced so high.

This peoject is to pay for it all

Of course this is based on nothing other than my own BS tho.

#5354 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Are those cats at the ramp just flat sheets of plastic?
Reminds me of that shitty plane on the Avengers pinball lol.
The more I think about it the SLE & LE models are fine. Some folks dont feel good unless they pay double. Might as well let Stern be the flipper. Fair enough.
But the lowest priced option being what I think is $8K is where things are annoying. Especially since there seems to be zero custom toys. All I see is off the shelf amazon crap + some printed sheets of plexi & a leftover crane from TDK.

Yep! You summed it up pretty good. So, we can either buy a Premium knowing what we know, or check out one of the other available games. It's really as simple as that. I don't think it's worth continuing to be annoyed or insulted about though. As a friend of mine likes to say, "it is what it is."

#5355 7 years ago

Does anyone know when Stern will have a video of gameplay or a twitch reveal of the game being played? Game looks awesome and i'm sure it will be a blast to shoot once the music/callouts/clips from the show work together.

#5356 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

but if you added to that a numbered plaque and collector card Don't forget about the meet and greet with Batman himself. That would have been cool too.

The meet and greet was not just LE and SLE premium preorders also got it. And signed trading card will also be on first 180 premium models.

#5357 7 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks it would have made more sense for the 'Bat Gadget Selector' bat/button to have been aligned with the two bats directly above it instead of centered with the width of the table? To illustrate, I've moved the button, but I've left the middle Batman logo where it is, as it appears that even it is slightly out of whack with the 'Shoot Again' bat — perhaps they let the TM symbol affect its overall alignment when pasting the image into place. To me, anyway, it looks odd to have three bats, all virtually the same size, right next to each other, but misaligned.

Oh, and does it make sense for Adam West to be autographing cards depicting the Riddler and, presumably, other villains?

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program about price gouging. Same bat topic... same bat time!

Batman66.jpgBatman66.jpg

#5358 7 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Oh, and does it make sense for Adam West to be autographing cards depicting the Riddler and, presumably, other villains?

There are 143 cards in the full set. Stern is using reproduction cards that came out a few years ago , not original 1966 ones, so the cards are cheap and plentiful. I think you can buy the full 143 repro set for $20.

Since there are only 143 cards in the set, Stern will have some duplicates out there to get a total of 500 signed cards (as well as all of the non signed ones that will follow). Since there will be duplicates anyways, I was hoping Stern would have filtered out all of the non batman cards and have Adam only sign cards that had batman on them.

Since they have this pic on thier facebook page Im assuming they didnt filter out the non batman cards.

Since the pic below is from a premium maybe they will save the non batman featured cards which were signed on the premium models? There should be 180 premiums with a signed card (first 320 signed cards go to SLE an LE buyers).

14681967_10154621578564244_7194203817450653504_o (resized).jpg14681967_10154621578564244_7194203817450653504_o (resized).jpg

#5359 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If I compare the GB LE playfield to the playfield on Batman LE and SLE I ask myself where is the $2k- $7k in extra value on Batman 66 LE / SLE? A plastic topper with a light on it? Thats all I see for $2k- $7k more over GB LE...that's crazy.

It's $1500 diff and 240 and an awesome theme and you don't have one.

GBLE is awesome

#5360 7 years ago

On previous LE models with signatures on the playfield, it was assumed those playfields had an extra clearcoat. First coating , then signature, then a final coat.

In this pic it looks like there is no clearcoat on it yet. So no extra cleacoat for LE and SLE?

14856116_10154642446374244_586119497297691420_o (resized).jpg14856116_10154642446374244_586119497297691420_o (resized).jpg

#5361 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

On previous LE models with signatures on the playfield, it was assumed those playfields had an extra clearcoat. First coating , then signature, then a final coat.

Why do people keep assuming this? They'd tell you if there was extra clear. They listed it as a "feature" of LOTR LE and Avatar LE...but never after that. Cuz they never did it after that.

#5362 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In this pic it looks like there is no clearcoat on it yet. So no extra cleacoat for LE and SLE?

Not surprised. Lotr le had it and looked the same as day one 1500 plays later

#5363 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's $1500 diff

$1500 difference only in MSRP listed prices.

Street price difference between prem and LE is at least $2000.

#5364 7 years ago

So, I am going to buy a premium.
I was born in 1964 and like many others here, I spent countless hours watching the TV show on reruns. I collected comic books and still have all 3 complete original card sets. Yes, I still have the lunch box...with thermos. I was considering a Ghostbusters, as my wife and daughter love BOTH movies…..but before I decided to pull that trigger…BM66 showed up. I about crapped myself when I first confirmed this was a reality.

For me, this is a “if you could have a dream pin….” In fact, along with several others in a thread over 2 years ago, I posted this….

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-your-dream-pins-that-will-never-see-the-light-of-day/page/2
See the pic below....

I am more excited about this than The Avengers pin. And that theme damn near made me giddy at the time. Several years ago, my daughter was going to see Santa Claus at the local Macy’s. She asked me…”Daddy, what do you want me to tell Santa to bring for you?” I jokingly said “A Captain America pinball game”. She told Santa that, too. A little over a year later I got my wish…..in the form of an Avengers Pro. The only thing that would have made that better for me is if they used the original comic book artwork...instead of the movie.

Previously, I also shared my thought that (to me) that theme is very important. Maybe most important. Most games (unless they live on site or in an arcade) spend 90+% of their lives just sitting there. Like furniture......or artwork on the wall. In the big picture, I "look" at my games much more than I actually get to play them. Walking thru the game room or sitting and watching TV. I want nice artwork for the visual experience.

My only point is this.....you could have a pin with the best game play ever (which of course means something different to everyone, anyway) but if it was Barney the Purple dinosaur or Strawberry Shortcake or Dance Moms on the back glass I would never want own one. Just my 2 cents worth.

But I couldn’t be happier. I hope all the unhappy pinballers get one or two of their "wish list" games produced.
Now.....I am anxious for them to get to work on the rest of my list!!!

IMG_3655 (resized).JPGIMG_3655 (resized).JPG

#5365 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Finish is matte... so it's been sprayed before this point. Bare paint would have been glossy.

#5366 7 years ago

I just see most people picking up one of their pet causes and using it to complain about BM66. It includes typical Stern haters, price/features complaints, price complaints, art complaints, model designation complaints, design complaints, etc. Yet BM66 was a big and fast seller for Stern. That should be a hint to think of the bigger picture. Let me do that here.

Yes, many people can complain about many things and this thread is the epitome of it. But stepping back, I see a theme (BM66) I thought would never be made. Wow. And I'm very happy to see it get made. The limited models pretty much sold out very fast and Stern's sale numbers were met easily. I think that's a win for pinball and thus a win for pinball consumers. Because even if the theme is not for me (it isn't) or you or most people, its success means I now see the potential for other obscure themes to be made; maybe in the future one of my own boutique personal dream themes. And by all means I'd be happy to pay extra for that, rather than not have it made at all.

The other related stuff people have been focused on here is ancillary, deserving only a brief mention in this BM66 thread as it applies to pinball in general, not just BM66. These much more broad topics should be discussed in their own threads. Sadly, it's 95% of this BM66 thread.

In the end, if you have a big beef about BM66, that is because it wasn't made for you and you weren't the target audience. The theme has sold very well to its target demographic and in the numbers Stern was hoping to get. Let's move on and focus on the game itself. This has been by far the most negative release I've seen or read about (and yet successful). Especially the post-whore complainers saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

#5367 7 years ago

I have a bunch of 4 year olds around my house for a Halloween theme birthday party. For some reason Mrs RD thought it'd be sweet to crank up the Batman movie on the home theatre. They were enthralled by the exploding shark attack! Lucky Robin had the Bat Shark Repellant handy!

rd

IMG_3616 (resized).JPGIMG_3616 (resized).JPG

IMG_3613 (resized).JPGIMG_3613 (resized).JPG

#5368 7 years ago

As a reminder to classic batman fans, adam west, burt ward, julie newmar, and lee meriweather are all at stan lee comicon on saturday. Im gonna ask julie if stern asked her about doing custom voice calls like adam and burt did. When i asked george at expo about custom call outs by julie he said it was a possibility.

#5369 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

SLE also has red edge glow plastic protectors on slings and inlanes. They are supposed to be avail for purchase via stern for LE and premium

Are they billing them as protectors? I could be remembering wrong, but when I looked at the game at expo they looked like they were the same size as the plastics, so you got a stacked effect, but not the extended edge protecting effect like ones from Pinbits.

#5370 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Don't forget the $5 spotlight in the back right corner.

a $5 spot (probably paid a lot less in bulk) and they can't leave it in the machine for the other models, really? now that's cheap.

#5371 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

$1500 difference only in MSRP listed prices.
Street price difference between prem and LE is at least $2000.

Uhhh no

GBLE was $8k street

BM66LE is $9500 street

Math is easy on that one

#5372 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Uhhh no
GBLE was $8k street
BM66LE is $9500 street
Math is easy on that one

Thought he was referring to street prem of bat which is 7600

#5373 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

A good deal right? $2k diff versus DI, the "really not LE" 2500 edition? At $9500 delivered?

A GB premium is $6700 delivered, and its a great pin.

#5374 7 years ago

GB is a decent pin but I think Batman with Lyman coding and a normal flipper gap is going to end up being an instant classic. Such an iconic theme and the right kind of colorful fun that's perfectly suited for pinball. Damn I want on. Any LE's still available.

#5375 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Uhhh no
GBLE was $8k street
BM66LE is $9500 street
Math is easy on that one

Quoted from Flato:

Yes, thats what I meant.

#5376 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

a $5 spot (probably paid a lot less in bulk) and they can't leave it in the machine for the other models, really? now that's cheap.

And George said it would be available in the Stern store in the future.
Who thinks Stern will be selling them for $5. lol

#5377 7 years ago
Quoted from QuantumCarl:

Does anyone know when Stern will have a video of gameplay or a twitch reveal of the game being played? Game looks awesome and i'm sure it will be a blast to shoot once the music/callouts/clips from the show work together.

When will the Riddler break out with a video? Will the Joker cause a leak..?
Will it be after games are shipped?
Hope the gameplay is great and goes well with the clips and callouts and the the whole thing is really immersive.
What rating on Pinside would it need to raech to be 'worth' the price?
I want one.

#5378 7 years ago

It looks so colorful and amazing. Hopefully I will be able to play one on location.

#5379 7 years ago

Glad you like it boys.

i-17 (resized).jpgi-17 (resized).jpg

#5380 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I see it was announced another 100 LE books will be produced due to the large demand.........
Not basing this on any inside knowledge, but just saying they have a history of LE's, not being so limited.......

To be fair, I would like to suggest a Kickstarter campaign is different. A campaign is a fluid thing that sometimes changes during the campaign. And unlike a straight up sale, no one has actually given any money over, and no one has received a product yet. So if someone was very upset that there were more LE's in the mix they could easily change their pledge level.

My name is Joe, I'm one of the people behind PaperFlock and the Stern 30th book.

I can fully admit that we did not properly assess the popularity of the LE version of the book in the beginning, but isn't it better to own up to our mistakes and work to correct them?

#5381 7 years ago

I'd like to start a Kickstarter fund towards my next pinball machine if anyone is interested. In return I'll give a full review of the game. Lol.

#5382 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'd like to start a Kickstarter fund towards my next pinball machine if anyone is interested. In return I'll give a full review of the game. Lol.

Indiegogo is more suited to this kind of self-interested campaign.

#5383 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Gomez said it will be an aftermarket mod available in the Stern Store. Also, I suspect some enterprising Pinsider will figure out how to wire the Walmart toy into the game for the same or similar effect.

I can hard wire it up to GI>5v or 6.2ac. Could also wire it to a mirco switch so it only goes off when say the right ramp shot is made. And add a relay board for other cool effects!

#5384 7 years ago

What is the outcome if the folks who paid $15000 for the SLE have ghosting inserts?

Is this attended to in a more prompt and efficient matter than the plebeians who bought other games? We shall see.

#5385 7 years ago

I'm waiting for ST 60's VE with LCD

#5386 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm waiting for ST 60's VE with LCD

Good idea! That seems like another no brainier, and would sell like hot cakes. Do it while Shatner is still active.

#5387 7 years ago
Quoted from Farhan:

GB is a decent pin but I think Batman with Lyman coding and a normal flipper gap is going to end up being an instant classic. Such an iconic theme and the right kind of colorful fun that's perfectly suited for pinball. Damn I want on. Any LE's still available.

i have a Batman LE i need to sell

#5388 7 years ago

I fail to see how the LE is $1800 more than the premium?

What exactly does the LE offer above the premium?

It's not as with Tron LE which had drop banks, moving recognizer, Lighted ramps, chrome armor, extra code (that was an LE).

STLE offered color armor, etched and lighted side rails, lighted shield emblems in the head, metal lighted speaker panel.

What exactly does the BM LE have that the premium doesn't? Is it just the topper and the side rails and the different art package?

#5389 7 years ago
Quoted from bane:

What is the outcome if the folks who paid $15000 for the SLE have ghosting inserts?

Since Stern fixed it, I wouldn't worry.

LTG : )

#5390 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is it just the topper and the side rails and the different art package?

Pretty much...and it's limited! LOL!

#5391 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I fail to see how the LE is $1800 more than the premium?
What exactly does the LE offer above the premium?
It's not as with Tron LE which had drop banks, moving recognizer, Lighted ramps, chrome armor, extra code (that was an LE).
STLE offered color armor, etched and lighted side rails, lighted shield emblems in the head, metal lighted speaker panel.
What exactly does the BM LE have that the premium doesn't? Is it just the topper and the side rails and the different art package?

Its just bc its limited and people really care about that aspect alot ....why i dont know but its not my money .

#5392 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I keep seeing these terms "rich" and "very rich" people. Can anyone put some numbers to it? Just curious.

I would define a rich person as one who has free cash flow far beyond monthly expenses and with little or no long term debt. This type of person will have a checking account that will always have a balance in the account that will far exceed and necessary monthly expenditures. Lets say a balance in the $30,000 range. Beyond that the person would transfer the money to investment accounts. This "wealthy" person would have no trouble dropping $15,000 on a pin or $40,000 on a watch. Although the account would take a hit for the month, the next month the account would be replenished with the free cash flow that is the engine that keeps this person rich.

This is one reasonable, very realistic scenario.

#5393 7 years ago

Thinking of selling my GoT LE to get a BM66 Premium.....though I had an amazing game on GoT today and hate to have to part with it.....ugh wish I had room for more than 10 pinball machines!

#5394 7 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I would define a rich person as one who has free cash flow far beyond monthly expenses and with little or no long term debt. This type of person will have a checking account that will always have a balance in the account that will far exceed and necessary monthly expenditures. Lets say a balance in the $30,000 range. Beyond that the person would transfer the money to investment accounts. This "wealthy" person would have no trouble dropping $15,000 on a pin or $40,000 on a watch. Although the account would take a hit for the month, the next month the account would be replenished with the free cash flow that is the engine that keeps this person rich.
This is one reasonable, very realistic scenario.

$40,000 on a watch?

#5395 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

$40,000 on a watch?

I know...right??? What does a $40k watch even look like???

#5396 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Since Stern fixed it, I wouldn't worry.
LTG : )

Did I miss a memo???

#5397 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I know...right??? What does a $40k watch even look like???

Look at an complicated Patek Philip watch. For example the 5170J chronograph. About $60,000 depending on condition. It has a beautiful movement seen through the exhibition back. It is wearable art. Much cheaper than a Monet, Picasso or Rembrandt.

PatekPhilippe5170G_ (resized).jpgPatekPhilippe5170G_ (resized).jpg

Patek-Philipp-e-caliber-CH29-535-PS (resized).jpgPatek-Philipp-e-caliber-CH29-535-PS (resized).jpg

#5398 7 years ago

Here's a link of a guy buying a $4,000,000++ Lamborghini (sight unseen).

#5399 7 years ago

Wow. That is wild. . A billionaire buying a $4 million dollar car is nothing to him. But is unbelievable to me. Me having 2 cars and 3 pins is unbelievable to a poor person living in the gutters of Calcutta. It is all relative.

#5400 7 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I would define a rich person as one who has free cash flow far beyond monthly expenses and with little or no long term debt.

I think the comparison of " rich" vs. " wealth" applies best in this case. A " rich" person could be a pro athlete, actor, etc.
A " wealthy" person is the one that writes those checks.

Completely different ( I'm neither, btw, just fortunate to live comfortably, and able to afford a hobby that I enjoy)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.