• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    46%
  • Eartha Kitt 49 votes
    13%

(375 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 142.
#5301 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think this is balderdash but here is a study:
Two-thirds of Americans would have difficulty coming up with the money to cover a $1,000 emergency, according to an exclusive poll released Thursday, a signal that despite years after the Great Recession, Americans' finances remain precarious as ever.
These difficulties span all incomes, according to the poll conducted by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research. Three-quarters of people in households making less than $50,000 a year and two-thirds of those making between $50,000 and $100,000 would have difficulty coming up with $1,000 to cover an unexpected bill.
Even for the country's wealthiest 20 percent — households making more than $100,000 a year — 38 percent say they would have at least some difficulty coming up with $1,000.

$1000? That's 1 yr of cable Tv. But saving $1k v. Doing without cable, oh the uproar you'd hear, "I gotta have cable, it's a need!". I used to do financial counseling - some couldn't pay the electric bill, but had 4 magazine subscriptions. They could if they WANTED to. 5% of the folks that came in had a budget, 95% didn't have a clue what they spent that month.

#5302 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I keep seeing these terms "rich" and "very rich" people. Can anyone put some numbers to it? Just curious.

I sell software to firms that manage high net worth person / couples portfolios . Min account is 10 mil. There are 200000 of those accounts at 5 of my bigger software subscriptions, I have 200 subscriptions. There is an astounding amount of wealth spread across an impressive number of accounts - - and my clients run a fraction of the accounts in the US. You can do the math and define rich or very rich out of that but 5000 games at 10,000 a piece would only need a small % of wealthy buyers to buy them all. 10k for them is a $100 bill for you and me

#5303 2 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I sell software to firms that manage high net worth person / couples portfolios . Min account is 10 mil. There are 200000 of those accounts at 5 of my bigger software subscriptions, I have 200 subscriptions. There is an astounding amount of wealth spread across an impressive number of accounts - - and my clients run a fraction of the accounts in the US. You can do the math and define rich or very rich out of that but 5000 games at 10,000 a piece would only need a small % of wealthy buyers to buy them all. 10k for them is a $100 bill for you and me

That's nothing. I know a guy that's spending ~$12K on World Series tickets!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/73#post-3422246

#5304 2 years ago

Looks like the LE isn't sold out yet. Automated still has them available on their website.

On a side note, their site also says they have Ghostbusters LE in stock.

#5305 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

There is a good chance that the people who purchased these games don't know or care what is here. I have added a couple photos. This game is going to be a classic

Cheers my friend, I think you nailed it. I agree that this will be a classic game for Stern. Artwork, theme, color display and rarity of the SLE will keep it special. For those of us buying an SLE, it's not about the resale value. I'm not concerned about resale value. I want it because it's a dream theme for me. BTW, that image of the playfield was the LE, not the SLE as posted below. BTW, I've played TDK at a friend's house and loved the crane. This gives me a lot of confidence that the game play on this will be awesome as well 14700752_10154621559719244_8999709970028472967_o (resized).jpg

#5306 2 years ago

Hopefully you SLE owners can give the rest of us some insight on how the Hot Wheels cars are secured to the playfield. It looks like the Batmobile and Batboat are on a plastic platform? I got my set ready for my Premium.

#5307 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

For those of us buying an SLE, it's not about the resale value. I'm not concerned about resale value.

oddly enough, it seems many of the SLE customers to speak up are referencing the resale value, the price, the cost over and over.

I look at BM66 and it seems Stern seriously had an inside joke bet to see how far they could strip down a game and increase a price.

BM66, even the LE and SLE seem so stripped down it is crazy.

#5308 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

oddly enough, it seems many of the SLE customers to speak up are referencing the resale value, the price, the cost over and over.
I look at BM66 and it seems Stern seriously had an inside joke bet to see how far they could strip down a game and increase a price.
BM66, even the LE and SLE seem so stripped down it is crazy.

I don't know, they look awesome to me. When you say "stripped down", what exactly do you mean? Stripped down from what? From the dark knight pin? When I look at this picture I don't see anything "stripped down"...do you?

Batman_Pinball_1 (resized).jpg

#5309 2 years ago

I'd love a Batman 66...such a great theme.

#5310 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

That's nothing. I know a guy that's spending ~$12K on World Series tickets!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/73#post-3422246

I can't afford both. I'd rather have 18 pins and been to a World Series game, than 20 pins and regret not going.

#5311 2 years ago
Quoted from Farhan:

I'd love a Batman 66...such a great theme.

Yes great theme.

What may feel stripped especially since this is a premium pin at a premium price is that it only has 6 color changing inserts same as the $4700 ST pro. The LE is double the price of a pro. The premium costs as much as STLE did which had full color changing Inserts, had premium lighted side rails and lighted shields on the head box.

I know this does have an LCD which is great but it just seems a lot of money for a premium version.

#5312 2 years ago

My mother in law works for a guy (millionaire) who is married to another millionaire. He had a Rolls Royce with a driver. He had an actual movie theater, not a typical Home Theater room but a movie theatre in his house. He had a pub room which was just like a real pub and actually had a classic Harley Davidson motorcycle in the pub as a decoration and it was a real nice HD I wouldn't be surprised if it was $40k type. In addition he had another room that was like an Italian wine bar / cafe. Had a full salon, pool with a full guest house by the pool.

I could not estimate the price of the house but likely several millions of dollars. He could have a game room with as many puns or arcade games as he wanted. Some people like these will buy a $500k car and not even blink.

Myself I'm fairly well off but not rich so I have to look at the cost. I have owned a very expensive car but at the end of the day I just thought it was too expensive to keep. I really love cars and if I was rich I'd get something exotic and with pins if I was rich I'd probably get a SLE if wanted. But currently I've just enough to keep me in color DMDs and the occasional new pin every so often.

#5313 2 years ago
Quoted from QuantumCarl:

I don't know, they look awesome to me. When you say "stripped down", what exactly do you mean? Stripped down from what? From the dark knight pin? When I look at this picture I don't see anything "stripped down"...do you?

Ehhh, I think if you took away the convoluted mash up of artwork it would be more evident how sparse the game is. Thats not a bad thing as it may have greater flow but its certainly no Roadshow...Does it even have drop targets?

#5314 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Hopefully you SLE owners can give the rest of us some insight on how the Hot Wheels cars are secured to the playfield. It looks like the Batmobile and Batboat are on a plastic platform? I got my set ready for my Premium.

Batcycle is mounted on top of a bumper cap. Looks like a bolt from above probably attaches to a nut under the bumper cap.

Batcopter is on a wire. One end of wire goes under a nut holding one of the plastics. Other end of the wire is probably held in with a screw into the bottom of the Batcopter.

Batmobile and Batboat are mounted on a separate plastic that is not on Premium or LE machines. That plastic is attached via 2 standoff posts above an existing plastic. Batmobile and Batboat are probably attached to that plastic via screws like light cycles were on Tron.

You can find all the vehicles at your local walmart.

cycle1 (resized).jpg

cycle2 (resized).jpg

copter1 (resized).jpg

boat1 (resized).jpg

boat2 (resized).jpg

20161017_121652 (resized).jpg

#5315 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

You also might want to get the $5 Bat signal for the back right corner:

amazon.com link »

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ef78/

ef78_mini_batman_bat-signal (resized).jpg

#5316 2 years ago

I saw all 3 models at EXPO and I think the game looks fantastic. Too bad we couldn't play the game, so I look forward to playing the game and see if it plays better and more interesting than TDK. Its expensive, but that's what you get with a low production/limited release.

#5317 2 years ago

At least with all the excess BM66 profits Stern will be able to pay for replacement playfields for all the SMVE, GB, GOT, and KISS that have defective clearcoats.

#5319 2 years ago

Thanks for the info!

#5320 2 years ago
Quoted from QuantumCarl:

I think the problem is that the Batman Super LE cost $15k, the LE $10k, the premium nearly $8k and none of the playfields look more impressive then say LOTR, Spiderman, Pirate's, etc that cost far less.

If I compare the GB LE playfield to the playfield on Batman LE and SLE I ask myself where is the $2k- $7k in extra value on Batman 66 LE / SLE? A plastic topper with a light on it? Thats all I see for $2k- $7k more over GB LE...that's crazy.

#5321 2 years ago

I don't see why it's worth our energy to fret over game models that are gone already, sold out sight-unseen. SLEs and LEs obviously. I equate it to me worrying about BBB games and their pricing, which seems futile. It makes us seem like petty whiners angry that we couldn't get in on the bandwagon for whatever reason. I'm exhausted reading about the turmoil inside of some folks about a game they would never have bought anyway.

The Premiums are a different story. They're available and the merit of their pricing is of concern to prospective buyers.

As far as the stripped nature of the playfield, I'm okay without a Well Walker in my face and the long shots design. I think it would have been cool if the Premiums came with the $20 of Hotwheels toys already installed for the price. That was a cheap move by Stern, but it's not worth getting an ulcer over. It was easy enough to buy them separate and I'll install myself later.

#5322 2 years ago

Has anyone got HD pics of all 3 playfields to hand they could post up!? Been flicking through this thread and haven't managed to find them side by side yet. Thanks in advance.

#5323 2 years ago

SLE/LE/PRE

14700752_10154621559719244_8999709970028472967_o (resized).jpg
14715511_10154621576544244_558454115278617180_o (resized).jpg
14711218_10154621578769244_2325524527620187323_o (resized).jpg

#5326 2 years ago

Looking at that pin with nothing on it and thinking about what it costs the word sucker keeps echoing in my mind

#5327 2 years ago

I have many hobbies and have seen a few people spend money in the most ridiculous ways. But BM66LE and SLE take the cake by a long shot. The price of the Premium I get somewhat, it's a souped up Vault Edition.

#5328 2 years ago

What exactly are the differences on the playfield between the three? Other than the cars on the SLE, I can't see anything.

#5329 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

What exactly are the differences on the playfield between the three? Other than the cars on the SLE, I can't see anything.

Don't forget the $5 spotlight in the back right corner.

#5330 2 years ago

SLE has different inlane plastics it seems.

#5331 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Don't forget the $5 spotlight in the back right corner.

Does it light up?

#5332 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Does it light up?

YES:

"the Bat Signal, which lights up to project the iconic winged Batman symbol onto nearby walls"

amazon.com link »

#5333 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

YES:
"the Bat Signal, which lights up to project the iconic winged Batman symbol onto nearby walls"
amazon.com link »

Wonder how much would be involved in hooking that light up to the pin. Shouldn't be too hard, similar to the Tron Lightcycles.

#5334 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Left ramp is blue powder coated on SLE, red powder coated on LE, and chrome on premium.

SLE also has red edge glow plastic protectors on slings and inlanes. They are supposed to be avail for purchase via stern for LE and premium

#5335 2 years ago

Surprised LE doesn't include the pinblades!

#5336 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Surprised LE doesn't include the pinblades!

What??? Are you nuts? They can't just give it away. If LE owners want the good stuff, they are going to have to pay. Stern can't have people who cheap out get the best features.

#5337 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Powdercoating on the habitrails. Gold dust sprinkled in the clearcoat.

#5338 2 years ago

It's pretty effing crazy how little was added to the SLE over both Premium and LE for $5-$7k more. Downright insulting actually...but they sell!!!
Like I've said before: I'd be selling SLEs to suckers for EVERY new title. Make 25 or 50 of them and add a happy meal toy or two, different art, and some powdercoat to differentiate them. Boom, insta-profit of an extra $5k per machine!!!

#5339 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Looking at that pin with nothing on it and thinking about what it costs the word sucker keeps echoing in my mind

Price aside, I actually don't think it has nothing on it. It's not that often that a Stern pin has two truly interactive main toys on it: Crane and the rotating platform thing. People might be massively underestimating this device. Thinking about it having 3 different "layouts" (standup targets, TOTAN lamp with passthrough, loop shot with "GB ballstop"), a magnet in the front and a diverter in the back looks pretty interesting to me. Seems a bit like something JPop would do and it does fit the theme quite well.

It's a very open PF design which is not a bad thing, but it doesn't seem stripped at all.

#5340 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's pretty effing crazy how little was added to the SLE over both Premium and LE for $5-$7k more. Downright insulting actually...but they sell!!!
Like I've said before: I'd be selling SLEs to suckers for EVERY new title. Make 25 or 50 of them and add a happy meal toy or two, different art, and some powdercoat to differentiate them. Boom, insta-profit of an extra $5k per machine!!!

Nothing would change. The same people will buy them and the same people will bitch about them.

#5341 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why insulting? Look how much people will pay for AC/DC BIB and the only difference from a premium that is not cosmetic is a real back glass.

There are buyers that are happy to pay a hefty premium for rarity and Stern is happy to supply them, win-win.

No one is forced to buy anything.

#5342 2 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Nothing would change. The same people will buy them and the same people will bitch about them.

Exactly. Money in Stern's pocket!! Why NOT do it?

#5343 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Why insulting? Look how much people will pay for AC/DC BIB and the only difference from a premium that is not cosmetic is a real back glass.
There are buyers that are happy to pay a hefty premium for rarity and Stern is happy to supply them, win-win.
No one is forced to buy anything.

Adding maybe $100 (generous estimate) in off the shelf toys, better trim, a couple extra translight, and changing the art (subjectively better/worse) is basically the difference. Charging $5000 extra over the LE for that isn't insulting to a buyer? Ok, we'll agree to disagree.

#5344 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I think we just need to let this go by now. You won't buy it, I won't buy it, some people love their limited production games, others just like to play pinball. No need to look for the extra value in merchandise - it's only about the production numbers and some collectors seem to find that important. There's really no right or wrong here.

I still feel heavily insulted by the marketing of this machine (application, +50 SLEs), but then I'm obviously not the target group for these pins. 15K is so far away from my comfort price zone that they might as well sell it for 20 or 25K, who cares?

But I agree with all the rest of your post.

#5345 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Just because a few sold for crazy money on the aftermarket does not mean that 300 people would have paid that price for AC/DC BIB. Most buyers got it for the street price, less than $7k. That's the problem w/ these new NIB prices...they're assuming ALL CUSTOMERS are willing to pay the scalper.

#5346 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Adding maybe $100 (generous estimate) in off the shelf toys, better trim, a couple extra translight, and changing the art (subjectively better/worse) is basically the difference. Charging $5000 extra over the LE for that isn't insulting to a buyer? Ok, we'll agree to disagree.

but if you added to that a numbered plaque and collector card Don't forget about the meet and greet with Batman himself. That would have been cool too.

#5347 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wonder how much would be involved in hooking that light up to the pin. Shouldn't be too hard, similar to the Tron Lightcycles.

Exactly. If Gomez is doing it then why wouldn't anybody else with basic skills?

#5348 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just because a few sold for crazy money on the aftermarket does not mean that 300 people would have paid that price for AC/DC BIB. Most buyers got it for the street price, less than $7k. That's the problem w/ these new NIB prices...they're assuming ALL CUSTOMERS are willing to pay the scalper.

I'm not willing to pay extra but clearly others are. If we're to believe Stern, they had to turn away buyers for the SLE at $15k. That's more than 80 people who would prefer to pay $5k more than the LE to get mostly rarity and different cosmetics. I still feel it's a win for them (unless they're expecting the games to go up in value) and a win for Stem.

For any given title, Stern is taking a chance that there will be enough buyers to make it worth their while. I would say they guessed right with BM66 SLE.

#5349 2 years ago

I think we just need to let this go by now. You won't buy it, I won't buy it, some people love their limited production games, others just like to play pinball. No need to look for the extra value in merchandise - it's only about the production numbers and some collectors seem to find that important.

Exactly! There are hundreds of posts in this thread wailing about the SLEs. They're gone! Long gone! No skin off our teeth. Lots of people overpaid, but don't care. They don't need us to care for them, or bleed over their motivations for buying SLEs, so no need to stay in mourning about it.

Buy a Premium or look to one of the other available games if you don't like the price or find the playfield too bare for your tastes.

#5350 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

YES:
amazon.com link »

Sorry what I ment was does it light up in game? It can't just be stuck on there surely Stern must have wired it up!?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside