PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 142.
#5251 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Does it really matter? The distributors do flipping now that Stern does not make it possible for regular folks to buy and sell for profit.
I am sure there are more. I have only done a 30 second search. Also, some distributors have not listed BM 66 for sale at all yet so several of them will likely have the LEs for sale later.
https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/pinball-machines/stern-pinball-machines/stern-batman-66-le-pinball-machine.html
https://www.pinball.co.uk/shop/pinball-machines-for-sale-new-used-fully-refurbished/batman-66-pinball-machine-by-stern-pinball/
http://www.pinballs.com/

hmmm.....if there are only 240LE's being made, with half going overseas, how many do you really think are really available to flip? Maybe a handful?....whatever.

I'll be ready to PLAY mine when it gets here, if I can't stand it, I'll sell it...wash, rinse repeat...120 times (US)...

Price? a little late for that now (unless there's a rebate I'm unaware of......)

It will be nice when the things finally start arriving, so there will be new material to bitch about.......

#5252 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

BM66 isnt even out yet & the game has run it course.
That's why this thread is now about pizza, politics, philosophy & Stern's 2017 lineup.

Once the truth was out that it WAS a light BDK reskin, the hype train crashed (especially at the asking prices).

#5253 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

5,250 posts about a pin that hasn't even been release yet. That's called HYPE and you are still posting in the thread!

I'm not here out of excitement for the game. I'm here as a spectator for the impending shit show.

Stern, or clearly its just us pinballers, are good at hype followed by... well you know.

#5254 7 years ago

Here's some more hype. This game will likely be one of the most limited Stern games ever!

LE and SLE have sold easily and the value/pricing argument gets clouded by their limited nature.

But its the Premium that really lacks and Stern will struggle to sell many. The 500 signed "baseball" cards Stern have might be too many.

I could see Stern reducing the Premium pricing once LE's and SLE's have been delivered.

#5255 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[snip]
But its the Premium that really lacks and Stern will struggle to sell many. The 500 signed "baseball" cards Stern have might be too many.
I could see Stern reducing the Premium pricing once LE's and SLE's have been delivered.

You don't think they will sell 180 Premium? I'd wager a fair sum that they sell far more than 180 Premiums.

#5256 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Once the truth was out that it WAS a light BDK reskin, the hype train crashed (especially at the asking prices).

And your truth is from where? I saw the games, and " light BDK reskin" doesn't exactly fit the bill. I don't know why I even bother reading this stuff anymore...time to play pinball after a 16 hour day.....bash away.....btw....I'm paying $1350.00 a month for shitty health insurance....maybe someone hear can fix that by bitching enough....we do possess the power (?) That's $16.2k last year, and I've got physicals and slightly cheaper generic meds to show for it.

Really!!!...it's a fucking toy.....just don't buy it ....problem solved......out for tonight.....

#5257 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It sure did! Right in to the side of the bank, where Stern unloaded all the money they made. SLEs and LEs all sold out.

Considering that the game has yet to be shown in a flippable state, I'd say it's doing well to generate Stern sales. You're welcome to continue the debate though.

#5258 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

You don't think they will sell 180 Premium? I'd wager a fair sum that they sell far more than 180 Premiums.

Maybe it's not such an issue in the US, but over here the B66 Premium is the same price as Ghostbusters LE was. And Ghostbusters Premium is $2000 cheaper than B66 Premium. It's a hard sell.

#5259 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm paying $1350.00 a month for shitty health insurance.

Holy shit!

rd

#5260 7 years ago

I think the real fun begins when BM66 buyers go to sell

IMO there's only a small group of people silly enough to buy a used BM66... Unfortunately those are the same people who bought a BM66 NIB lol

#5261 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

IMO there's only a small group of people silly enough to buy a used BM66... Unfortunately those are the same people who bought a BM66 NIB lol

I think you underestimate the amount of very rich people who are buying pinball machines.

Long term pinball hobbyists might be baulking at these prices, but for every one of us old timers, there seems to be a new guy stepping up for whom money seems to be no issue whatsoever.

For these dudes, $15,000 for a Super LE is what they'd pay for two first class airfares somewhere. And they get to keep it for ever. $15,000 is the depreciation on their new car as soon as they drive it off the lot.

How long these guys remain in the hobby, who knows. I've met some of them that buy a bunch of machines very quickly, and a year later sell them all.

rd

#5262 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I've met some of them that buy a bunch of machines very quickly, and a year later sell them all.
rd

Do people sell some of them? I knew there must be a reason I have run out of room.

#5263 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Do people sell some of them? I knew there must be a reason I have run out of room.

I've sold 10 in the last two months. Everyone runs out of room eventually.

rd

#5264 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I've sold 10 in the last two months.

Yeah, but how do you manage to add 20 every time you get rid of 10?

#5265 7 years ago

Hi All,
My allocation was for 1 SLE, 1LE and two premium for before the holidays. I can say that the premiums are sold. I have not accepted deposits on the other two yet. I am probably going to keep the SLE on display in my shop. It will always have a touch of history to it. At making only 80 the odds are that most of them are going to be whisked away and never seen again. 80 special limited edition pinballs spread across the pinball world is a drop of water in the desert. I have not taken a deposit on the LE as it is very rare also and I want to make sure it's all there before I sell it. I have very strong interest in the premium. I understand why. How many of us sat before the boob tube waiting for one of our favorite super hero's? Adam West was awesome. If you start to hum the theme to the 66 batman show , who doesn't know it? I have been doing this a long time and can tell when there is enough excitement This pinball has that. The people on pinside represent one facet of the customer base. We will see action with the Batman crowd and the casual rec room folks. I will know more once I get them in the store. I am excited about this pinball. New releases always have me hopeful. Luckily I have been delighted far more than I have been disappointed in new releases. I remember when Twilight Zone came out. It represented a big price increase in the industry. When we put it together and I started to play it, all I could say was "Holy Shit!!!" All the negativity melted away. I am hopeful to get that with this pinball. As they say, the proof is in the pudding, so I am waiting for the pudding.

-Jerry

#5266 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

How many of us sat before the boob tube waiting for one of our favorite super hero's?

I remember that well. I also remember the kid with the Batman lunch box, while I ate mine out of a paper bag.

It didn't bother me one bit because the show was what it was all about, not some overpriced piece of cheap memorabilia that would eventually rust away from lack of use.

3823373461060260ba94257cf9a57e60 (resized).jpg3823373461060260ba94257cf9a57e60 (resized).jpg

#5267 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, but how do you manage to add 20 every time you get rid of 10?

Haha! 10 out ... only 5 back in. The collection is shrinking!

I'm pretty much done buying ... except for a Fathom, I have what I want now.

rd

#5268 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

except for a Fathom,

There was a nice one floating around not too long ago. Not far from Magic Mountain.

#5269 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There was a nice one floating around not too long ago. Not far from Magic Mountain.

Might be time for a revisit to the mountain!

rd

#5270 7 years ago

I remember when Twilight Zone came out. It represented a big price increase in the industry.

BM66 is 2X what a pro was just a short time ago. I wasn't into pins when TZ came out...Was it a 2X bump?

#5271 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I remember that well. I also remember the kid with the Batman lunch box, while I ate mine out of a paper bag.
It didn't bother me one bit because the show was what it was all about, not some overpriced piece of cheap memorabilia that would eventually rust away from lack of use.

Just ordered the complete Batman 66 dvd set for $41.99 with shipping. Going to rewatch every episode and get my fix of Adam West / Robin / Cat Woman / Bat Girl / & Villians. Figure this just saved me $15.5k so I plan to buy two or three A-list pins with my new found spoils. Turns out, I didn't need to buy every pinball machine with an appealing theme - gameplay trumps both theme and design team, every time.

#5272 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm not here out of excitement for the game. I'm here as a spectator for the impending shit show.
Stern, or clearly its just us pinballers, are good at hype followed by... well you know.

Well you can say that about any thread on Pinside about a newly revealed pin.

You might want to head over to one of the many Dialed In threads for an example.

#5273 7 years ago

I was 16 when all this happened!!Too old ! my buds and I watched all of the episodes,though.we loved the bad guys,and Cat Woman was hot,then!!

#5274 7 years ago

wow people still whinging about the price.

#5275 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think you underestimate the amount of very rich people who are buying pinball machines.

I keep seeing these terms "rich" and "very rich" people. Can anyone put some numbers to it? Just curious.

#5276 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I keep seeing these terms "rich" and "very rich" people. Can anyone put some numbers to it? Just curious.

At least 80 by my count.

#5277 7 years ago

At making only 80 the odds are that most of them are going to be whisked away and never seen again.

I know where mine is going. So people can play it.

LTG : )

#5278 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Wait until they decide to release another 250 LE's that will be subtly different, like having a different color, or no signed card, etc. If this game sells well, it will happen. Just like the extra SLE's, just like the additional epic party tickets, and just like the LE Pinball book run that they are doing. I see it was announced another 100 LE books will be produced due to the large demand.........

Not basing this on any inside knowledge, but just saying they have a history of LE's, not being so limited.......

#5279 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

wow people still whinging about the price.

It's atrocious

IMG_2507 (resized).JPGIMG_2507 (resized).JPG

#5280 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Just ordered the complete Batman 66 dvd set for $41.99 with shipping. Going to rewatch every episode and get my fix of Adam West / Robin / Cat Woman / Bat Girl / & Villians. Figure this just save me $15.5k so I plan to buy two or three A-list pins with my new found spoils. Turns out, I didn't need to buy every pinball machine with an appealing theme - gameplay trumps both theme and design team, every time.

Why are so many people in this thread acting like a premium version doesn't exist?

#5281 7 years ago

Does the premium cost as much as STLE?

IMG_1854 (resized).JPGIMG_1854 (resized).JPG

#5282 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Just ordered the complete Batman 66 dvd set for $41.99 with shipping. Going to rewatch every episode and get my fix of Adam West / Robin / Cat Woman / Bat Girl / & Villians. Figure this just save me $15.5k so I plan to buy two or three A-list pins with my new found spoils. Turns out, I didn't need to buy every pinball machine with an appealing theme - gameplay trumps both theme and design team, every time.

I'm going through Batman 66 as well - I'm in the 2nd season. Sucks that Julie Newmar wasn't in the 3rd season - she's a babe! Last night Cat Woman begged Batman to marry her. Batman said "what about Robin?" Cat Woman replied "ehhh Him? Let's kill him! " It took Batman awhile to think about it before he said no...

batman74 (resized).jpgbatman74 (resized).jpg

#5283 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I'm going through Batman 66 as well

I try to watch it every Saturday on MeTV. But it comes on at midnite and sometimes I'm a little sidetracked.

#5285 7 years ago

Still no gameplay?

#5286 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Still no gameplay?

I think that's part of the promotion. To see how many they can sell with as little up front information as possible. Hey it's Batman after all...

#5287 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Still no gameplay?

Of course not. What, you don't buy $15,000 games without seeing them being played? Weirdo.

#5288 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think that's part of the promotion. To see how many they can sell with as little up front information as possible. Hey it's Batman after all...

Bat66 are fully refundable here, if they dont release anything very soon then ill ask for my deposit back. Jjp showed a game with %20 complete code at the expo. Surely Stern can do the same.

#5289 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At least 80 by my count.

Ha! I was thinking more about how much money one has make to be labeled rich or very rich.

#5290 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Bat66 are fully refundable here, if they dont release anything very soon then ill ask for my deposit back. Jjp showed a game with %20 complete code at the expo. Surely Stern can do the same.

I am happy to take your spot

#5291 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Ha! I was thinking more about how much money one has make to be labeled rich or very rich.

When you can drop $15,000 on a pinball machine like a normal person drops $100 on a good meal at a nice restaurant.

rd

#5292 7 years ago

It's $14,999 plus $325 curbside plus $1499 in IL taxes. Ouch!

#5293 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

When you can drop $15,000 on a pinball machine like a normal person drops $100 on a good meal at a nice restaurant.
rd

Could you tell us how much a Batman SLE buyer might pay for his meal?

#5294 7 years ago

Better be an awesome meal with after dinner mints

#5295 7 years ago

And hopefully a happy ending too.

#5296 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Could you tell us how much a Batman SLE buyer might pay for his meal?

Dunno!

Personally, a visit to Lucielles BBQ in your neighbourhood is my cup of tea!

rd

#5297 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Dunno!
Personally, a visit to Lucielles BBQ in your neighbourhood is my cup of tea!
rd

Hey rd, I don't remember you having a cup of tea when we were there last time?

#5298 7 years ago

You know what is a bit funny? This thread is, so far, 106 pages with conservatively 40 post per page. This come out to about 4240 comments, mostly negative about 80 pinballs that are already sold. There is a good chance that the people who purchased these games don't know or care what is here. I have added a couple photos. This game is going to be a classic. First Ghost Busters now this! I think the premiums will sell well. The rest do not matter, they are gone. I wouldn't spend too much time worry about the hit that a guy may take on the resale of a $15,000 pinball. I can tell you that that person isn't worried about it. It would be so refreshing to pop onto a Pinside threat and see it full of fun and positive insights that this hobby deserves. I have been doing this a long time and this has to be one of the best years in pinball that I can remember. Stern has released some monsters, Pat Lawlor and Jersey Jack are just about finished with their exciting collaboration, The Big Lewbowski, Dominos, Rob Zombie, I am sure I am forgetting some things. Holy Pinballs Batman, could this be the golden age of pinball? I don't know Robin but it sure is F*cking exciting!

Batman66SLE-Cabinet-LF (resized).jpgBatman66SLE-Cabinet-LF (resized).jpg

Batman66SLE-PF-001 (resized).jpgBatman66SLE-PF-001 (resized).jpg

#5299 7 years ago

They're coming along

FB_IMG_1477617545854 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1477617545854 (resized).jpg

#5300 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hey rd, I don't remember you having a cup of tea when we were there last time?

Oh, those big jugs of brown stuff wasn't tea? Whoooops!

rd

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.