PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 142.
#5001 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Bit late to the conversation but a couple of pages back people where commenting on the fact that the premium looks like a pro.... The LE a premium and the SLE an LE.
Well...

Stern is awaiting the delivery of 80 gilded gold pallets, but until then ... everything has been downshifted.

#5002 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wait, the B66 Premium is $1000 more than what I paid for my NIB Stark Trek Premium and doesn't even come with a shaker? These prices are ridiculous.
Does it come with lube or do you have to buy your own for that too?

How much more did you think Stern was going to charge once they implemented the LCD screen?

I figured it would be somewhere between $800-$1200, and it looks like they came in right in the middle.

And most Stern Premiums have not included a shaker.

#5003 7 years ago

All I can say is WOW. Seems everyone has forgotten about GBLE problems, and are ready to drop crazy money on a new title.

#5004 7 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Seems everyone has forgotten about GBLE problems, and are ready to drop crazy money on a new title.

I'm guessing that was the plan.

#5005 7 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

All I can say is WOW. Seems everyone has forgotten about GBLE problems, and are ready to drop crazy money on a new title.

I don't think GB problems were anywhere near as bad as some people made out.

A friend of mine has an LE and he said it's not worth worrying about.

#5007 7 years ago

So batman premium is around the same street price as star trek le was.... wow thats crazy considering star trek is a le and probably the most loaded stern pin to date.

#5008 7 years ago

Well Stern hasn't called me yet for my $2000 deposit on the BM66 SLE. Who ever is next in line can take my spot, it was still cool getting selected though. I don't know, not as excited about it anymore.. I feel bad for the ones chopping at the bit just to see me say "no thanks".. I still love my 3 new ones and I guarantee you there will be more that's for sure..

#5009 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Bit late to the conversation but a couple of pages back people where commenting on the fact that the premium looks like a pro.... The LE a premium and the SLE an LE.
Well...

man, i think i took a similar picture, but this one says XLE. wonder if that's the extra super LE ?

batman-xle-1 (resized).jpgbatman-xle-1 (resized).jpg

#5010 7 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Well Stern hasn't called me yet for my $2000 deposit on the BM66 SLE. Who ever is next in line can take my spot, it was still cool getting selected though. I don't know, not as excited about it anymore.. I feel bad for the ones chopping at the bit just to see me say "no thanks".. I still love my 3 new ones and I guarantee you there will be more that's for sure..

That's totally the right decision. You've got plenty of room, why spend $15k on a game that's:

a) likely to be unfinished for a year software wise
b) is only priced that high because of fake rarity
c) isn't going to be any better than other games you can get in the $5k range...you could buy 3 great games for the price of that, plus they'll be done.

Metallica is being run here shortly again, so they should be available soon.

#5011 7 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

just saying...
pretty odd to be on pinside as a user for less than 12 hours just to bitch about giving up your spot on the new Batman SLE.

#5012 7 years ago

so before people were willing to plonk down $15k for 1 of 30. Now it's 1 of 80 and still 15K? And they found 80 suckers..I mean buyers? Buying shit like this just sparks them to charge more money, which means all pins go up slightly in the process. When 15k becomes the norm for NIB. Don't be surprised when you start seeing F14's for 3k on average. Buying into this hurts everyone except Stern and JJP.

#5013 7 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

"Demand for this Super Limited Edition was incredible. We were overwhelmed with fantastic applications and it was difficult to decide who should get these games. In fact, in fairness we could not reject enough applications.
Due to this demand, we have increased the quantity to 80:

The kindness Stern shows by making this special game available to more buyers brings a tear to my eye.

#5014 7 years ago

Hey labnib,

Why don't you send Stern an email and tell them your one of the 80 suckers that would like to take Leigh's spot..

Just saying...

#5015 7 years ago

Wait so I couldn't play it at expo but they're in boxes ready to be shipped ? Or did someone fabricate that picture ?

#5016 7 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

I bought a GBLE. Have zero issues

And if we weren't all crazy we might go f Ing insane

#5017 7 years ago
Quoted from gurl_friday11:

Wait so I couldn't play it at expo but they're in boxes ready to be shipped ?

Could be one going to a show and back to Stern. Just one box in the picture.

LTG : )

#5018 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

just saying...
pretty odd to be on pinside as a user for less than 12 hours just to bitch about giving up your spot on the new Batman SLE.

Is it a surprise that Kaneda would do that?

Next weekend is possible show

And it will be a show, I promise you that. Let's make pinball great again

#5019 7 years ago

Its been 600+ posts since I checked in on this thread. It only took me one page to see the same BS being spouted. Batman is a boutique game. Make no assumptions on new pricing until we see what Aerosmith costs. I'm out for another 600 posts. Can't wait to see and play this game!

#5020 7 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Hello Everyone,
I am one of the candidates that were selected to purchase the Batman 66 SLE...

My e-mail from Stern:
Congratulations Leigh!
You have been selected to receive one of the Super Limited Edition Batman...

Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Hey labnib,
Why don't you send Stern an email and tell them your one of the 80 suckers that would like to take Leigh's spot..
Just saying...

I thought you were Leigh...

#5021 7 years ago

I am.. Do you guys really think I'm a fake hahaha that's hilarious!

#5022 7 years ago

Well my intention of posting was to just to share an interesting perspective of this whole thing. I am a real person, my story is real and if I came across as bitching I apologize just thought it would be fun to share that I got the email. Reading this forum has helped me a lot make my most recent game decisions and as of today whether or not I was going to pull the trigger on that SLE. If anyone has any conspiracy theory about my deal then there is not much I can really do about that. As for the others that have shared their opinions that have helped me formulate my own decisions around these toys, thank you...

#5023 7 years ago

Trying to work out the different modes available on the new rotating centre thingo. Looks like 3 separate modes/shots.

Looks like the Batphone is just a couple of stand ups. But maybe to the right there is a shot:

IMG_5909 (resized).PNGIMG_5909 (resized).PNG

Then the Bat cave/Bat computer looks like a mini TOTAN lamp style rotating spinner with the bat mobile on top. (Edit:maybe wishful thinking ...might not be a spinner - the circle looks just painted). And maybe something behind it if you shoot through it? Can't quite work that out:

IMG_5908 (resized).PNGIMG_5908 (resized).PNG

Then the TV "Villian Vision" is a couple of angled stand ups, with a physical lock mechanism to the left. Which is a bit weird because the lock shot inserts are on the right loop:

IMG_5910 (resized).PNGIMG_5910 (resized).PNG

The whole mechanism is pretty complex.

#5024 7 years ago

Looking at the big picture. I am excited about the look of the next generation of Stern pinballs. We repaired almost 300 Sterns this year(so far) and the biggest single issue is display failure. Even when we could install the red screens we would try to talk people into color DMD screens. (If available for that game)They just added so much. I love the balance between the new back glass and the LCD screen. I think that is something jersey jack didn't get quite right. I hope with the smaller back glass Stern has the art painted on all the glass'. I am excited to give this new platform a real going over. I am going to take a trip with all my techs after New Years to the factory. I remember how exciting it was when the first solid state pinballs came out. This has that feel.

-Jerry

#5025 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Trying to work out the different modes available on the new rotating centre thingo. Looks like 3 separate modes/shots.
Looks like the Batphone is just a couple of stand ups. But maybe to the right there is a shot:

Then the Bat cave/Bat computer looks like a mini TOTAN lamp style rotating spinner with the bat mobile on top. (Edit:maybe wishful thinking ...might not be a spinner - the circle looks just painted). And maybe something behind it if you shoot through it? Can't quite work that out:

Then the TV "Villian Vision" is a couple of angled stand ups, with a physical lock mechanism to the left. Which is a bit weird because the lock shot inserts are on the right loop:

Just seeing these pics has me stoked for my LE!!!...definitely more than a reskin....

#5026 7 years ago

Looks like they corrected the spelling of villian/villain.

#5027 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Man, doesn't that magnet look like the whole thing could go down, TOTAN style, to a tunnel???...sure looks like a lot of metal around that thing...

#5028 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, doesn't that magnet look like the whole thing could go down, TOTAN style, to a tunnel???...sure looks like a lot of metal around that thing...

Would be great if it did, but looks like the new wider Magnet style like on TWD/SMVE. The other thing that looks interesting is the scoop on the right - it looks different to an ordinary scoop - its longer. Does anyone know if this was on BDK? If so how did it work?

IMG_5913 (resized).PNGIMG_5913 (resized).PNG

#5029 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Would be great if it did, but looks like the new wider Magnet style like on TWD/SMVE. The other thing that looks interesting is the scoop on the right - it looks different to an ordinary scoop - its longer. Does anyone know if this was on BDK? If so how did it work?

I'm allowed to dream at this point...

#5030 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

New style like on walking dead

#5031 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It can enter scoop from pop area also like on afm

#5032 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

New style like on walking dead

Drats....I don't have a new style to compare, but thanks for bringing me back to reality....

#5033 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes, it's identical to BDK...can drop in the front or back.

#5034 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Trying to work out the different modes available on the new rotating centre thingo.

the Bat cave/Bat computer looks like a mini TOTAN lamp style rotating spinner with the bat mobile on top. (Edit:maybe wishful thinking ...might not be a spinner - the circle looks just painted). And maybe something behind it if you shoot through it? Can't quite work that out:

Yes it does spin similar to TOTAN lamp. the bottom part and the batmobile top part spin together as one piece. I saw a close look of that piece at a sub assembly station during the tour. After his expo presentation, George also said it has a magnet built into it re-center itself after its spun. So when its done spinning you will always be able to have a clear shot through the center of it. He jokingly said that he learns from previous designs so maybe he's referring to the tesseract spinner from Avengers?

Quoted from cooked71:

The lock lights are on the right loop because that's where you shoot to load the lock from the back. Pic below shows a diverter that will move the ball into lock mech or allow it to complete the orbit when lock is not lit. Not sure if it will allow the first ball to be loaded from the front or not when the white post is down. Also not sure if when lock is not lit and white post is down will ball just pass through the lock area and into the pops.

Quoted from cooked71:

It certainly is.

I think people who are saying this is just a re-hash of BDK are underestimating how much this clever rotating mech will add to the variety of shots and modes to the game.

back3 (resized).jpgback3 (resized).jpg

#5035 7 years ago

I'll admit the game looks kind of cool, I would consider one down the road.

#5036 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You need to keep it realz yo! I'll go with Gomez and Lyman, what does TWD have to do with anything?

TWD has nothing to do with Batman.

Now...Batman on the other hand has ALOT to do with Batman.

And therein lies the VE...Er point.

#5037 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'll admit the game looks kind of cool, I would consider one down the road.

Agree, the art on BM66 on is a major improvement over TDK. Once code is updated for KISS I'll be getting a GB and then, when they start hitting market I'll grab a HUO TDKVE.

#5038 7 years ago

#5039 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

TWD has nothing to do with Batman.
Now...Batman on the other hand has ALOT to do with Batman.
And therein lies the VE...Er point.

No reason to be a hater yo, errr, that's a genius comment, Batman has a lot do with batman

#5040 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No reason to be a hater yo, errr, that's a genius comment, Batman has a lot do with batman

Hater? I'll be getting one...

And yeah, I know but sometimes things need to be spelled out here!

#5041 7 years ago

Even if it's wrong in this case that's a true statement!

#5042 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Even if it's wrong in this case that's a true statement!

Hey, believe it or not some here don't think the new batman pin (that uses the same playfield as the old batman pin) and the original are similar. *shrug*

Me? I love TBK but hate the art. That's why I'll be grabbing the reskinned version. (Love the new toys too!)

Win win.

#5043 7 years ago

the new batman pin (that uses the same playfield as the old batman pin)

You don't seem to understand the fundamental difference between a redesigned game (BM66) and a Vault Edition (e.g., IMVE).

#5044 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

You don't seem to understand the fundamental difference between a redesigned game (BM66) and a Vault Edition (e.g., IMVE).

Perhaps.

Either way I'm getting a TDKVE so my ignorance is bliss!

#5045 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How much more did you think Stern was going to charge once they implemented the LCD screen?
I figured it would be somewhere between $800-$1200, and it looks like they came in right in the middle.

Wow, nope, definitely not. Why would you pay that much more for a part that's cheaper than a DMD? I'm hearing $200-500 increase (from "normal" not B66) for Aerosmith. People will swallow that I guess if the Pro doesn't feel horribly cheaped out.

#5046 7 years ago

my ignorance is bliss!

At least we can agree on that.

#5047 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wow, nope, definitely not. Why would you pay that much more for a part that's cheaper than a DMD?

You are smarter than this, so I'm not going to waste my time spelling it out for you since you are obviously being deliberately obtuse.

#5048 7 years ago

in the reality of it. Prices should drop from an LCD screen. You can buy them in bulk for 1/4 of that it costs them to buy a specialized part like a DMD. So if anything, going to LCD is cost effective and should be reflected in a better price for the customer. But a lot of pinball buyers are not that smart, and think they should be charged more for such an item.

#5049 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

in the reality of it. Prices should drop from an LCD screen. You can buy them in bulk for 1/4 of that it costs them to buy a specialized part like a DMD. So if anything, going to LCD is cost effective and should be reflected in a better price for the customer. But a lot of pinball buyers are not that smart, and think they should be charged more for such an item.

And I think long term coding for LCD would be cheaper. Of course there's the immediate cost of changing over. But once they've got a template for fonts and screen layout etc, dropping in full colour clips, especially from licences, would be easier than converting everything to dots.

#5050 7 years ago

I've decided on a new hobby

Beer drinking and belt sander racing. Well the first one isn't new

IMG_5749 (resized).JPGIMG_5749 (resized).JPG

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.