(Topic ID: 181825)

Batman 66--any "official" Stern accessories?

By 82Trooper

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5653ca21f96f71c180aed09aa85788d9ed3dce79 (resized).jpg
39c57c71255fb0693c32d07fef1d8fec30fe6e15 (resized).jpg
6525ea3a5b892900282c1981a4c305131f8c6e07 (resized).jpg
fa2d199a86d8ef9c5bcd46813ff137f62089bbc1 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Anyone have any idea if/when Stern will release any OEM accessories/modifications for the BM66 games?
Their website shows items for Aerosmith, but nothing yet available for BM66.

Anyone have any inside scoop?

#2 7 years ago

I spoke w Stern last week. They said very limited products coming out in 6-8 weeks.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

I spoke w Stern last week. They said very limited products coming out in 6-8 weeks.

Damn who's doing the accessories Lonnie?

#4 7 years ago

Thank you.

1 month later
#5 7 years ago

Anyone have any new info on the status of the release?

#6 7 years ago

I want a Batsignal for my topper ...

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'd like a topper...

#8 7 years ago

I'd like to put some side art in mine. I'm tempted by the one Tilt Graphics sells, but I'd rather use a Stern version if they are going to do one for prem buyers.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I'd like a topper...

I'd like one too, but concerned about what the "alternative" one for the premiums is going to look like.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

I'd like one too, but concerned about what the "alternative" one for the premiums is going to look like.

I'm concerned as well.

#11 7 years ago

Hey guys there's always my Leg Light-Ups.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

+1

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I'd like to put some side art in mine. I'm tempted by the one Tilt Graphics sells, but I'd rather use a Stern version if they are going to do one for prem buyers.

If you like chris franchis' art i'd suggest waiting for the official stern blades. Once they are revealed you can compare to the tilt blades and decide which you like best.

#14 7 years ago

Tilt Graphics here. Just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that we currently have two different side art designs for sale.

I understand that some may want to wait and see what and if Stern comes out with their own side art but let me point out a few things.

1. Our GameBlades are easier to install
2. Our GameBlades are less expensive
3. We sometimes give discounts and or replacements to those who accidentally damage their side art. Big brother does not.
4. Tilt Graphics Inc creates side art for old and new pins alike, for Stern and non Stern games. By supporting us or any other third party MOD company you help ensure that we stay around to create more mods for all your pins. Not just the latest and greatest Stern pin on the market.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Tilt Graphics here. Just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that we currently have two different side art designs for sale.
I understand that some may want to wait and see what and if Stern comes out with their own side art but let me point out a few things.
3. We sometimes give discounts and or replacements to those who accidentally damage their side art. Big brother does not.
4. Tilt Graphics Inc creates side art for old and new pins alike, for Stern and non Stern games. By supporting us or any other third party MOD company you help ensure that we stay around to create more mods for all your pins. Not just the latest and greatest Stern pin on the market.

I would be interested if you could do some powerblades for BM66, would be great if you could make the "fight text - pop klunk etc" light up and flash.

Which reminds me did you ever get any further on powerblades for Avatar?

#16 7 years ago

We're currently not working on any light up powered side blades. I looked into them when I was partners at a different company and then again when I started Tilt Graphics with my new partner. The truth is, is that we found them very expensive to manufacture. The only way to get the price down was to order them from China. I know other MOD makers who have been very disappointed ordering items from China. Especially when dealing with electronics.

#17 7 years ago

Tilt also started working on a topper design for a Batman '66 with Laseriffic. Follow us on Facebook or our thread here on PinSide for further details.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ditto...

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

All good points! I think your guys blades look and work great. I wish you guys made them for Stern.

3 weeks later
#20 6 years ago

Anyone hear any rumors of anything from Stern?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Anyone hear any rumors of anything from Stern?

Nothing but crickets. I thought there would be chance given the new code came out . . . and Cento's post 68 days ago that Stern informed him that limited accessories would be available in 6-8 weeks.

#22 6 years ago

Maybe its time for those of us with Facebook to start asking?

Was there ever an accessories list released by Stern??

Premium Topper
Artblades for Premium & LE owners (but they surprised everyone by coming on the LEs)
Topper Projector for LE owners

Other than those 3 I don't recall anything else ever being mentioned or announced?

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Maybe its time for those of us with Facebook to start asking?
Was there ever an accessories list released by Stern??
Premium Topper
Artblades for Premium & LE owners (but they surprised everyone by coming on the LEs)
Topper Projector for LE owners
Other than those 3 I don't recall anything else ever being mentioned or announced?

Think I shall....the only 2 things I really wanted from the SLE on my LE were the blade art ( an absolute must), and the topper beacon. Was thrilled they put the blade art on , but ahhh, the beacon!!!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think I shall....the only 2 things I really wanted from the SLE on my LE were the blade art ( an absolute must), and the topper beacon. Was thrilled they put the blade art on , but ahhh, the beacon!!!

Same here I would like that beacon especially since they said it would be an option it would be nice to see Stern follow through on that.

Other than the 3 things I listed was there ever any other mods Stern teased or hinted at?

1 month later
#25 6 years ago

This may be old news for many, but Stern now has Batman 66 accessories listed on its website (blades, bat signal projector, batwing side rails, and a topper for the Premium).

1 month later
#26 6 years ago

It would be nice to see the projector in action. I mean for $250 how exactly does it project. Also the new topper lights up? Glows in the dark? Layered 3d translite with multi-color lasers? Meh

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

It would be nice to see the projector in action. I mean for $250 how exactly does it project. Also the new topper lights up? Glows in the dark? Layered 3d translite with multi-color lasers? Meh

Both the PRE topper and Bat signal add ons are ridiculously overpriced. The topper is not interactive with gameplay and essentially a $400 night light. It's lit by LED strips in the base. The Bat signal is static in attract mode and only comes on when the Bat phone is lit. Unfortunately every single one from Stern has scratched lenses which look terrible when lit. I've been through 3 of them. Don't bother. I know of one member here who is trying to modify a much cheaper Bat signal. I'm waiting to see what happens with that. Plus Laseriffic is working on their own topper. I'd be patient and wait unless you have money to burn. Below are some members pics from the Official Batman 66 thread.

fa2d199a86d8ef9c5bcd46813ff137f62089bbc1 (resized).jpgfa2d199a86d8ef9c5bcd46813ff137f62089bbc1 (resized).jpg
6525ea3a5b892900282c1981a4c305131f8c6e07 (resized).jpg6525ea3a5b892900282c1981a4c305131f8c6e07 (resized).jpg
39c57c71255fb0693c32d07fef1d8fec30fe6e15 (resized).jpg39c57c71255fb0693c32d07fef1d8fec30fe6e15 (resized).jpg
5653ca21f96f71c180aed09aa85788d9ed3dce79 (resized).jpg5653ca21f96f71c180aed09aa85788d9ed3dce79 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 8.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-any-official-stern-accessories?hl=pfunk237 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.