(Topic ID: 179689)

Batman 1966 Rulesheet

By mattenno

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewinBombers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

It's an exercise in futility right now, but here are some of the things that exist and do not in .65 This is based on my experience and may be a little off:

---Does Nothing---
Mystery
Super Skill Shot

--- Skill Shot ---
Plunger/button skill shot gives points and 5x bonus on current ball.

---Commish Gordon target ---
Hitting Gordon 3x doubles the multiplier on the next shot (with an x) for the remainder of the ball. "x" insert is lit on the doubled shot. Hitting Gordon 4x triples the multiplier on another shot... etc up to 6x.

This is obviously valuable if you can make the penguin scoop a multiplied shot when collecting Super Jackpots.

--- Catwoman Mode ---
Spell CAT on each ramp and then answer the bat phone to begin the mode.

You can finish the mode by hitting the left ramp 1x and the right ramp 1x then the scoop to collect Super Jack. Increase the Catwoman mode score by continuing to ramp it up. Unclear what the additional white shots do, if anything.

--- Riddler Mode ---
Begin mode by hitting 2 orbits and then answer the Batphone.

Hit the light green shots until Super Jack is lit. I think you need 3 light green shots to light super jack and end the mode.

--- Joker Mode ---
Spell JOKER + 1 shot to enable bat phone; answer the bat phone to begin the JOKER mode.

Complete the mode by hitting the moving PURPLE shot. Hitting red shots does not advance towards defeating the joker. Hit 4 purple shots to light super jack and finish the Joker Mode.

--- Penguin Mode ---
hit the scoop 2x - either from the flippers or the pops, answer the bat phone to begin the mode. Hit the wrecking ball on each of the purple spaces to complete the mode. If you hit the crane while it is moving, you get credit for the shot where it was going to stop. The crane will only stop on spots that are incomplete. Wrecking ball will stop and wait for you to finish the last shot and not move until you do / game ends.

After the first crane hit, all shots turn purple. Purple shots increase final Penguin mode value incrementally. Finish the mode by hitting the scoop.

--- Extra Ball ---
Complete two major villains lights extra ball. Collect extra ball at the saucer.

--- no-name Multiball ---
During a villain mode, hit the bat computer and bat analyzer to enable lock. Right orbit locks balls (and sometimes the Riddler hole too, but I can't figure out when). Lock 3 balls to start multiball. Hit anything for points. I've yet to find a way to enable a super jack or anything other than flail until you get back to single-ball play.

You cannot start this multiball mode if you finish a villain. Conceptually, you could use this multiball to increase points on pengiun jack since all the shots are lit purple as during penguin mode, then collect the super jack for big points. I've yet to execute this idea.

--- TV ---
Hit the 3 TV targets to light "TV" at the left orbit. Left orbit into the riddler saucer to select a minor villain. No villains do anything yet except for change the music if you're not battling a major villain. Selecting "Take Points" is the most valuable item at this time. I've heard that bookworm does something amazing to your bonus, but I haven't seen it yet.

--- GADGET Targets ---
Completing Gadget lights the action button which does nothing. Completing GADGET does increase your End of Ball Bonus ---

--- Batmobile Spinner ---
Somehow this gives you 2x playfield multipliers for 15-20 seconds, but I'm not sure how, but I've only seen it in side a major villain mode as the turntable doesn't allow this shot otherwise. I THINK you have to spin the batmobile around some amount of times and then hit the 'thru' shot to begin the 2x multiplier.

--- Top Lanes and Inlanes ---
Complete 3 top lanes to increase bonus 1x. Complete 4 inlanes to increase bonus 1x. These are separate collections; they are not all linked like on Iron Man.

I suspect that the major Villain modes will remain largely unchanged. Scoring will get tweaked for sure.

The big challenge right now is incomplete multiball, only one multiball and so many things that just do nothing.

#4 7 years ago

I neglected to mention that on each ball, you can earn up to 20x bonus by hitting the initial top lane skill shot and then skill shot on each of the balls locked into no-name multiball. This is on top of whatever bonuses you earn for completing top lanes and inlanes.

Currently, spamming bonus is the fastest way to high scores. It's not much fun, but if you're playing for dollars or whatever, it's a pretty solid way to get points if you're good at the right orbit.

#5 7 years ago

At least one of the GADGETS is enabled; if collected and used, it will clear advance one shot from your current villain.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Wow. That's ridiculous

Yes; right now, the score balancing is super duper out of whack where the bonus can outweigh everything. GB had a similar problem too, so I'm sure it'll get balanced soon enough.

Many other really silly balance problems in .65 that should get resolved before too long.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think .68 has toned down the bonus, but not 100% sure.

Not yet; bonus is still out of control in .68. I had a 134M bonus tonight, my score before bonus was 118M. I was wrong though, you can get to "only" 15x from the multiball plunges alone.

#11 7 years ago

.68 Updates

Super Skill Shot - Not in a Villain Mode ==
Hold the left flipper to enable Super Skill Shot (SSS) Completing a SSS at one of the villains immediately begins that Villain mode regardless of the number of shots left to begin that mode.

Super Skill Shot - In a Villain Mode ==
Sucessfully completing a SSS into one of the Yellow lit shots will award one gadget.

Mystery Awards ==
+5 Bonus
Award Lock
Light Lock
Multiball
Lite Shot Multipliers
5,000,000 (points)
+1 Gadget

"Turntable" Multiball ==
Starting Multiball lights all shots dark green. If in a Villain mode, the turntable turns away from the Atomic Pile and back to Villain Vision; Completing any 15 (?) green shots rotates the turntable back to the atomic pile and enables a jackpot shot at the atomic pile. The value of shots in the 'turntable Multiball' has increased dramatically from .65 to .68

Penguin Mode ==
Hitting the wrecking ball one time lights all shots purple. Completing a purple shot awards 500k points and disables that shot until the wrecking ball is struck again. Players may choose to complete all purple shots before striking the wrecking ball a second time to maximize Penguin mode value. This may not be new in .68, but was previously undocumented.

2 weeks later
#13 7 years ago

The strategy for this game for big scores (so far) is to figure out how big a multiplier you're willing to try and get on what shot and when to try and get it. Same for PF multipliers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewinBombers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-1966-rulesheet?tu=BrewinBombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.